• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Fastboot question

Search This thread

GunnerOnASpooky

Feb 16, 2011
Gulf Breeze, FL
I am rooted, s-off, running Viper 1.6. I am on an the .25 firmware and trying to upgrade to .33 firmware. I do not have access to my computer, so I tried to rename the zip to run it in fastboot. I have done this before with other HTC devices (the M8), and it searched for the zips automagically, however my M9 does not. Any ideas as to why?

shojus

Jan 9, 2008
GRap
I am rooted, s-off, running Viper 1.6. I am on an the .25 firmware and trying to upgrade to .33 firmware. I do not have access to my computer, so I tried to rename the zip to run it in fastboot. I have done this before with other HTC devices (the M8), and it searched for the zips automagically, however my M9 does not. Any ideas as to why?

A lot of things have to be done in download mode now. I don't know the deal exactly cause I only just started playing around but I know that you can't do a lot of the things you used to be able to do while in the bootloader.