• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Fastboot reboot after 20 seconds

Search This thread

doktorknow

Jun 24, 2017
Hannover
Hallo,

I´m trying to unlock the Redmi Not 4, but it´s very tricky for me. Every time I wnat to change to fastboot the mode crashes after 20 seconds restarts with a bootloop. I tried the button-method and via adb in command line.
What can I try now?
Regards!
doktorknow

raja-raman

Aug 19, 2012
I had the same problem. Realized it was due to a bad driver installation. These are the steps:
Download ADB drivers from https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2588979 or android SDK manager
Open "Computer Management" screen. if you are using windows 10, you can open windows explorer, right-click on "This PC" and click "Manage"
Now reboot your phone after attaching to PC into bootloader e..g "adb reboot bootloader"
As soon as it boots into fastboot, you'll notice on the PC Manager screen that a new android device pops up. Right-click it and choose update driver
Choose "Browse my computer for hardware"
Choose "let me pick from a list.. "
Click on Android on next screen and choose the google bootloader driver option. Install and you're ready to go

RizkiMaulana

Dec 2, 2016
Read

Hallo,

I´m trying to unlock the Redmi Not 4, but it´s very tricky for me. Every time I wnat to change to fastboot the mode crashes after 20 seconds restarts with a bootloop. I tried the button-method and via adb in command line.
What can I try now?
Regards!
doktorknow

For any other person reading this and looking for solution. You just need to standby on the device manager, connect your device when it still on fastboot mode. , and when the adb device appear, right click and choose uninstall. Check the "Delete the software for this device" and click Uninstall.
hope this will help anyone, just like me has just found this solution after hours of trials and errors.