• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Fastboot rom tgz file into adb sideload

Search This thread

khazzey

Oct 10, 2016
Manila City
forum.xda-developers.com
Hi peeps!
Is it possible if i extract the tgz file of a fastboot rom and put windows r31 platform (android sdk tool) inside of it and flash my phone through adb sideload putting my phone into fastboot mode connect usb and run the extracted tgz file with platform tools on it will it work? in short can i flash tgz file fastboot file rom without twrp?

RollDload

Mar 7, 2018
Samsung Galaxy S5
Huawei P9 Lite
Hi peeps!
Is it possible if i extract the tgz file of a fastboot rom and put windows r31 platform (android sdk tool) inside of it and flash my phone through adb sideload putting my phone into fastboot mode connect usb and run the extracted tgz file with platform tools on it will it work? in short can i flash tgz file fastboot file rom without twrp?
Hi, sorry for my frankness!
I see you have a bit of confusion, twrp is used to flash roms .zip or .img files or to flash via sideload.
The fastboot roms, on the other hand, can be flashed through the appropriate .bat file that is inside the package, or through miflash if it is a stock rom.
However, I advise you to do more research before operating, because you really risk making your phone unusable if you take the wrong steps.

I recommend this guide which contains a lot of useful information:

Google can help too!

• Love
Reactions: khazzey

khazzey

Oct 10, 2016
Manila City
forum.xda-developers.com
I see you have a bit of confusion, twrp is used to flash roms .zip or .img files or to flash via sideload.
The fastboot roms, on the other hand, can be flashed through the appropriate .bat file that is inside the package, or through miflash if it is a stock rom.
However, I advise you to do more research before operating, because you really risk making your phone unusable if you take the wrong steps.

Google can help too!
hi thankyou for your frankly advice, i have something to ask again why does xiaomi.eu rom has fastboot rom but the extension is .zip and can be flashed through cmd or adb?

Reactions: RollDload

khazzey

Oct 10, 2016
Manila City
forum.xda-developers.com
1635219367313.png

here you can see that xiaomi eu fastboot but the extension file is .zip

RollDload

Mar 7, 2018
Samsung Galaxy S5
Huawei P9 Lite
@khazzey Ah now I understand what you want to do...
So, that rom you want to flash is a beta (still contains many bugs, I don't recommend it). It is true it is a zip file, but they did it only to make the file to download lighter, being a beta of android 12 it cannot be flashed via twrp because there is not yet a compatible twrp. It is a fastboot rom, and there are two bat files to flash, one to upgrade from xiaomi eu 11, the other to flash clean. There is platform tool to simplify flash.

Edit: However it cannot be flashed via miflash because that program is only for flashing stock roms.

Last edited:

khazzey

Oct 10, 2016
Manila City
forum.xda-developers.com
@khazzey Ah now I understand what you want to do...
So, that rom you want to flash is a beta (still contains many bugs, I don't recommend it). It is true it is a zip file, but they did it only to make the file to download lighter, being a beta of android 12 it cannot be flashed via twrp because there is not yet a compatible twrp. It is a fastboot rom, and there are two bat files to flash, one to upgrade from xiaomi eu 11, the other to flash clean. There is platform tool to simplify flash.
1635222428707.png

so i have here my extracted tgz file and i already put platform tools inside is it possible to flash this rom using cmd?

RollDload

Mar 7, 2018
Samsung Galaxy S5
Huawei P9 Lite
View attachment 5441613

so i have here my extracted tgz file and i already put platform tools inside is it possible to flash this rom using cmd?
This in the screenshot is not xiaomi eu, it is a global stock rom, you can safely use mi flash, it is safer! Or you can start the flash_all.bat file but I don't recommend it because if an error occurs, the prompt window closes immediately without showing you anything. Or you can run the same file from cmd so you can see what happens without the window closing in case of an error.
In any case, do not flash and look otherwise it blocks the bootloader.
Which rom do you have on your phone now?

• Wow

khazzey

Oct 10, 2016
Manila City
forum.xda-developers.com
This in the screenshot is not xiaomi eu, it is a global stock rom, you can safely use mi flash, it is safer! Or you can start the flash_all.bat file but I don't recommend it because if an error occurs, the prompt window closes immediately without showing you anything. Or you can run the same file from cmd so you can see what happens without the window closing in case of an error.
In any case, do not flash and look otherwise it blocks the bootloader.
Which rom do you have on your phone now?
you definitely understand what im trying to do, thankyouuuu appreciated!

RollDload

Mar 7, 2018
Samsung Galaxy S5
Huawei P9 Lite
so in short , can i flash all fastboot file rom through miflash even though it is not my stockrom? will my phone be dead? btw my phone is poco f3 global and i want to flash poco f3 china fastboot file rom through miflash would it be possible?
In practice, miflash is used to flash only the fastboot stock roms.
What I tried to do is go from European to global and vice versa, it works, I have never tried to flash the Chinese rom, however I do not recommend it because there are no Google services. The Chinese one is meant for China so the network may not work in your country. It might work but I can't give you the certainty I never did.

khazzey

Oct 10, 2016
Manila City
forum.xda-developers.com
In practice, miflash is used to flash only the fastboot stock roms.
What I tried to do is go from European to global and vice versa, it works, I have never tried to flash the Chinese rom, however I do not recommend it because there are no Google services. The Chinese one is meant for China so the network may not work in your country. It might work but I can't give you the certainty I never did.
thankyou for giving me knowledge and understanding i appreciate it v:D

khazzey

Oct 10, 2016
Manila City
forum.xda-developers.com
@khazzey It's a pleasure if I can help.
way back, i flashed android 12 stock rom and it doesnt support twrp encryption, so that i decided to go back to my stock rom android 11 using fastboot miiflash, when im already at flashing, miflash stated crclist error couldnt flash my stock rom back then tried to reboot my phone to fastboot again after that, my phone wont boot up even fastboot or recovery it is completely dead and when i connect it to miflash it needs edl authentication, i paid it and flashed my stock rom back so that from now on i am afraid to install twrp again the repair cost 30 dollars, i wonder why my phone got hard bricked theres nothing wrong flash that ive done

RollDload

Mar 7, 2018
Samsung Galaxy S5
Huawei P9 Lite
way back, i flashed android 12 stock rom and it doesnt support twrp encryption, so that i decided to go back to my stock rom android 11 using fastboot miiflash, when im already at flashing, miflash stated crclist error couldnt flash my stock rom back then tried to reboot my phone to fastboot again after that, my phone wont boot up even fastboot or recovery it is completely dead and when i connect it to miflash it needs edl authentication, i paid it and flashed my stock rom back so that from now on i am afraid to install twrp again the repair cost 30 dollars, i wonder why my phone got hard bricked theres nothing wrong flash that ive done
Unfortunately you are not the only one who has had problems after installing android 12.
It's still too early and android 12 is still in its infancy, however I don't think the problem is due to twrp.
The crc or sparse error did it to me too miflash, sometimes it solves restart the pc, phone, change usb port, reinstall the drivers, reload the rom. Miflash is a bit pretentious ...

khazzey

Oct 10, 2016
Manila City
forum.xda-developers.com
Unfortunately you are not the only one who has had problems after installing android 12.
It's still too early and android 12 is still in its infancy, however I don't think the problem is due to twrp.
The crc or sparse error did it to me too miflash, sometimes it solves restart the pc, phone, change usb port, reinstall the drivers, reload the rom. Miflash is a bit pretentious ...
i was wondering why i got my hard brick state i tried to reboot my phone and it automatically hard bricked

khazzey

Oct 10, 2016
Manila City
forum.xda-developers.com
i was wondering why i got my hard brick state i tried to reboot my phone and it automatically hard bricked
then when i got edl auth and booted back my phone normally, i tried to flash again the twrp via install recovery ramdisk of vasishath after reboot hard bricked again i payed double as h3ll thats why im afraid to put twrp back and flash custom rom again.

RollDload

Mar 7, 2018
Samsung Galaxy S5
Huawei P9 Lite
then when i got edl auth and booted back my phone normally, i tried to flash again the twrp via install recovery ramdisk of vasishath after reboot hard bricked again i payed double as h3ll thats why im afraid to put twrp back and flash custom rom again.
It must be said that twrp is also in an embryonic stage so it can create problems, unfortunately it is a new phone and the development of these things takes time by the developers, it is always a risk
I only used the one from nebrassy, and I successfully flashed xiaomi.eu, both beta and stable. For the moment I avoid flashing android 12, I don't want to risk a hardbrick.

Hi peeps!
The TGZ-format is another form of a compressed folder (just like ZIP, RAR, etc..)

You need to extract it first and use ADB.

You can only use Recovery ROMs in TWRP. (because TWRP is a Recovery Mode)

oh. I'm sorry that happened. Was it through Fastboot ? That sucks lol

Unfortunately, it's always hit n miss with these tools... I wouldn't even trust ADB/Fastboot 100%. ADB is by Google, but each phone manufacturer still cooks their own soup in how they implement it, and you won't know right off the bat.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    @khazzey Always is risky to flash custom ROMs...even another stock ROMs other than the one who came installed to ur phone....so, long story short, if u wanna flash other ROMs u have to assume the risks.
    Regarding to flashing xiaomi.eu ROMs (and other custom ROM who can be flashed by TWRP), u can use TWRP to install ROMs without flashing it (fastboot boot xxxxx.img). Btw, xiaomi.eu ROMs have TWRP included in the ROM, so it will be installed automatic with the ROM.
    It must be said that twrp is also in an embryonic stage so it can create problems, unfortunately it is a new phone and the development of these things takes time by the developers, it is always a risk
    I only used the one from nebrassy, and I successfully flashed xiaomi.eu, both beta and stable. For the moment I avoid flashing android 12, I don't want to risk a hardbrick.

Google can help too!
    hi thankyou for your frankly advice, i have something to ask again why does xiaomi.eu rom has fastboot rom but the extension is .zip and can be flashed through cmd or adb?
    This is the classic million dollar question 😜.
    Edl accounts are generally reserved for authorized service centers, then for the rest I do not know is a good question. However, if a hardbrick still happens to you, I suggest you take it to a service center, most of the time they repair it for free.
    I have a question, but to activate the edl mode you had to open the phone and short circuit the pins of the board?
    as long as in device manager you'll see your phone driver 9008 hs loader there is no need to short circuit pins and when its not detected long press volume down and power button it will automatically detect qloader mode. Your question is so called testpoint.