Development [FASTBOOT][ROM][UNOFFICIAL][OP9RT] OxygenOS A.04-A.08 for MT2110 devices

Search This thread

gasterakos

Sep 11, 2013
Hi. I didn't update to a.07.

It seems like a buggy update so I didn't take risk.

Hi i had the same issue with Telegram, i could solve it by flashing all the data in the recovery

I am using the A.07 and I have tried voice messages with Telegram, Messenger, Viber, Whatsapp etc. I have no issues with these apps. I just did what I mentioned in my previous post and of course I had use from the recovery mode the format data option and then from the phone settings the full factory reset of Network Settings, System Settings and Erase Data too.

So it was a fresh installation after installing the A.07 and locking the bootloader. So far I have no any issues. I read that A.07 have bugs etc. or lags, but as I mentioned at least for now, I have no issues and everything looks smooth.

Reactions: archz2

PsyCLown89

Oct 11, 2010
Johannesburg
OnePlus 9RT
My phone has downloaded the A07 update and keeps prompting me to reboot to install.

Is there anyway I can prevent this update from happening? Other than not rebooting or having to wipe the data on my phone?

gasterakos

Sep 11, 2013
My phone has downloaded the A07 update and keeps prompting me to reboot to install.

Is there anyway I can prevent this update from happening? Other than not rebooting or having to wipe the data on my phone?

You may use the method this thread mentioning buddy and make the install via Fastboot so it will be like fresh install from scratch. But in any case I suggest to use full factory reset after the installation and the first boot.

PsyCLown89

Oct 11, 2010
Johannesburg
OnePlus 9RT
You may use the method this thread mentioning buddy and make the install via Fastboot so it will be like fresh install from scratch. But in any case I suggest to use full factory reset after the installation and the first boot.
It's not what I was asking, although my phone did the update itself last night.

So far so good, no issues and charging speed is still pretty fast and battery life had actually improved for me.
Have not noticed any heating issues, but I haven't been playing any games.

Voice notes seem to work fine too.

@archz2 maybe try the update yourself. Although as I mentioned, so far it seems to have actually improved things on my side.

Reactions: archz2

PsyCLown89

Oct 11, 2010
Johannesburg
OnePlus 9RT
That sounds good. So weren't on root and your phone updated automatically?
That's correct, I flashed it to A06 and then it downloaded the update itself.
I tried to avoid it from installing but it installed itself and battery life today has improved greatly compared to the previous days and usage has been similar.

Charging this morning seemed to be really quick and my phone was charged from 30% to 100% in under 25 minutes.

Reactions: raghu102 and archz2

gasterakos

Sep 11, 2013
It's not what I was asking, although my phone did the update itself last night.

So far so good, no issues and charging speed is still pretty fast and battery life had actually improved for me.
Have not noticed any heating issues, but I haven't been playing any games.

Voice notes seem to work fine too.

@archz2 maybe try the update yourself. Although as I mentioned, so far it seems to have actually improved things on my side.

Well since you said it was prompting you to reboot for the installation, I thought you mean you couldn't complete the installation and that's why I said what I said. So you mean you want somehow to disable this notification so you avoid the installation of this latest update? You may do that by disabling the notifications for Android Setup but this probably will make you miss other notifications too. Not sure how we can do that.

Reactions: PsyCLown89

Barabaz

Feb 23, 2022
Can anyone provide me a link to download the original ColorOS12 firmware.. I want to give it another shot. Getting bored with OOS11.

EduFaol

Jan 22, 2022
Yes, for me that makes the Chinese ROMs not an option.

It means I cannot take WhatsApp calls, unless I'm in WhatsApp on my phone.
Also WhatsApp groups for work don't work properly as once again, need to open WhatsApp to get the messages etc.
whatsapp desktop loads messages without needing your smartphone to be on. So the Chinese version thing killing what is running in the background will not interfere with you receiving messages on the desktop

Reactions: PsyCLown89

PsyCLown89

Oct 11, 2010
Johannesburg
OnePlus 9RT
whatsapp desktop loads messages without needing your smartphone to be on. So the Chinese version thing killing what is running in the background will not interfere with you receiving messages on the desktop
Yeah, issue is I run around a big building and can be away from my desktop for an hour or more at times and my girlfriend often calls me on WhatsApp.

I know for some the Chinese ROM is fine, for me it means I can't use the phone properly. Its the reason I sold the Redmi Note 11 Pro after 2 days of owning it.

I'm loving my 9RT so far though and OOS is working well.

How much does Color OS differ for interest sake?

EduFaol

Jan 22, 2022
Yeah, issue is I run around a big building and can be away from my desktop for an hour or more at times and my girlfriend often calls me on WhatsApp.

I know for some the Chinese ROM is fine, for me it means I can't use the phone properly. Its the reason I sold the Redmi Note 11 Pro after 2 days of owning it.

I'm loving my 9RT so far though and OOS is working well.

How much does Color OS differ for interest sake?
better to stay in the same OOS, usually Chinese Rom has this problem, I had a Huawei Mate 30 pro Chinese version that among other applications only received the notification when I opened it.

pagariasachin

Dec 22, 2011
indore
Google Pixel 3
Xiaomi Mi 10
Greetings,

I've appreciated @abhinavgupta371, @HELLBOY017 for initial version of this firmware and @penguinus for continuous support and testing.

PLEASE NOTE THAT FASTBOOT ROMS CAN ONLY BE USED IN DEVICES WITH AN UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER!!!
AND BE WARNED THAT UNLOCKING DEVICE WILL WIPE INTERNAL STORAGE COMPLETELY.

THIS ROM UNOFFICIAL AND BASED ON IMAGES MANUALLY EXTRACTED FROM MT2111 DEVICES AND OTA UPDATES

This ROM can be used on MT2110 devices (Chinese version initially delivered with ColorOS) for migration to OxygenOS
Device bootloader can be locked after flashing this ROM

Everything related to SafetyNet checks is working on this ROM like on original MT2111 devices.
If device is not rooted it can receive OTA updates.

Known issues:
- Device name in settings displayed incorrectly "Lahaina for amd64" instead of expected "MT2111".

Migration instructions:
- On your PC, install bootloader drivers for OP9RT and check if device is recognized in Bootloader and Fastbootd modes.
- Ensure you're using the LATEST version of SDK platform tools (adb and fastboot)
- On your PC, download the Fastboot ROM zip from the download link below.
- On your PC, unzip downloaded file
- On your PC, navigate to its now-uncompressed folder
- Reboot your OnePlus 9 RT to bootloader mode.
- Connect the OP9RT to your PC
- On your PC open command line window in the uncompressed folder,
- type install.bat
- wait till device boot to "Setup wizard" screen (it will take 5-7 min)
- at this point device bootloader can be locked if you need this.

Upgrade instruction (for devices with OxygenOS where standard updater decline update):
- follow the installation procedure till
- instead of install.bat you need to run upgrade.bat in command line window
- user data will be preserved

Good luck!

Edit:
Some linux users reports issue with device wipe during installation. It is related to fastboot dependencies. It requires android platform tools installed.
As an alternative after final reboot (device should reboot automatically twice during installation) device will boot to recovery mode where you need to wipe it manually.

DOWNLOAD LINKS:
Fastboot ROM OxygenOS A.07 zip:
boot.img OxygenOS A.07
Fastboot ROM OxygenOS A.06 zip:

Fastboot ROM OxygenOS A.05 zip:

Fastboot ROM OxygenOS A.04 zip:

Credits:
- @abhinavgupta371
- @HELLBOY017
- @penguinus

Updates:
[2022-02-22] fixed installation and upgrade for some specific device state (if you have installed previous version successfully, you doesn't need re-installation).
[2022-03-01] add A.05 version of firmware.
[2022-03-11] add A.06 version of firmware.
[2022-03-20] add A.07 version of firmware.
Does this rom has oneplus dialer or google dialer? and what about safety net after flashing this rom can any body tell about this?

gasterakos

Sep 11, 2013
Does this rom has oneplus dialer or google dialer? and what about safety net after flashing this rom can any body tell about this?

You can flash an older version like the A.04 if you have the A.03 and then you ll receive the official OTA of A.07. That's what I did and everything look completely official and safe like out of the box.

pagariasachin

Dec 22, 2011
indore
Google Pixel 3
Xiaomi Mi 10
Actually there is lots of confusion in my mind for flashing roms in oneplus devices, as am friendly with xiaomi devices from past few years, and my concern is with my 9rt is only about oneplus dialer with auto call recording and only because of google dialer i want to unlock bootloader and flash another rom, and i am not getting any proper guide or way to get it done can you or anybody can help me out with this concern

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Problem: QUALCOMM CrashDump Mode: dm-verity device corrupted verity_ctr

I found a way to fix it
    I realize that many people will encounter this error when Windows cannot automatically update drivers

2 drivers are required to install oxygen os
    1. Oneplus driver in fastboot mode
    2. Qualcomm driver in fastbootD mode

you can search google how to install
    Guys can you please clarify if 5G and VoLTE work after flashing this ROM?
    Greetings,

I've appreciated @abhinavgupta371, @HELLBOY017 for initial version of this firmware and @penguinus for continuous support and testing.

PLEASE NOTE THAT FASTBOOT ROMS CAN ONLY BE USED IN DEVICES WITH AN UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER!!!
    AND BE WARNED THAT UNLOCKING DEVICE WILL WIPE INTERNAL STORAGE COMPLETELY.

THIS ROM UNOFFICIAL AND BASED ON IMAGES MANUALLY EXTRACTED FROM MT2111 DEVICES AND OTA UPDATES

This ROM can be used on MT2110 devices (Chinese version initially delivered with ColorOS) for migration to OxygenOS
    Device bootloader can be locked after flashing this ROM

Everything related to SafetyNet checks is working on this ROM like on original MT2111 devices.
    If device is not rooted it can receive OTA updates.

Known issues:
    - Device name in settings displayed incorrectly "Lahaina for amd64" instead of expected "MT2111". Fixed in latest firmwares.

Migration instructions:
    - On your PC, install bootloader drivers for OP9RT and check if device is recognized in Bootloader and Fastbootd modes.
    - Ensure you're using the LATEST version of SDK platform tools (adb and fastboot)
    - On your PC, download the Fastboot ROM zip from the download link below.
    - On your PC, unzip downloaded file
    - On your PC, navigate to its now-uncompressed folder
    - Reboot your OnePlus 9 RT to bootloader mode.
    - Connect the OP9RT to your PC
    - On your PC open command line window in the uncompressed folder,
    - type install.bat
    - wait till device boot to "Setup wizard" screen (it will take 5-7 min)
    - at this point device bootloader can be locked if you need this.

Upgrade instruction (for devices with OxygenOS where standard updater decline update):
    - follow the installation procedure till
    - instead of install.bat you need to run upgrade.bat in command line window
    - user data will be preserved

Good luck!

Edit:
    Some linux users reports issue with device wipe during installation. It is related to fastboot dependencies. It requires android platform tools installed.
    As an alternative after final reboot (device should reboot automatically twice during installation) device will boot to recovery mode where you need to wipe it manually.

DOWNLOAD LINKS:
    Fastboot ROM OxygenOS A.08 zip:
    boot.img OxygenOS A.08
    Fastboot ROM OxygenOS A.07 zip:
    boot.img OxygenOS A.07
    Fastboot ROM OxygenOS A.06 zip:

Fastboot ROM OxygenOS A.05 zip:

Fastboot ROM OxygenOS A.04 zip:

Credits:
    - @abhinavgupta371
    - @HELLBOY017
    - @penguinus

Updates:
    [2022-02-22] fixed installation and upgrade for some specific device state (if you have installed previous version successfully, you doesn't need re-installation).
    [2022-03-01] add A.05 version of firmware.
    [2022-03-11] add A.06 version of firmware.
    [2022-03-20] add A.07 version of firmware.
    [2022-05-23] add A.08 version of firmware.
    [2022-06-06] update A.08 version of firmware (fixed issue with telegram by @penguinus).
    FYI. Updated OP with latest version A.08.
    Thank you for this. I'm running this on my MT2110 (albeit the A03 version).
    Can this be dirty flashed over the top of the original install, or will it wipe all my settings/apps?
    Thank you for this. I'm running this on my MT2110 (albeit the A03 version).
    Can this be dirty flashed over the top of the original install, or will it wipe all my settings/apps?
    It has an option to upgrade without wipe.
    Please read instructions more carefully (last part of instruction about upgrade from previous version)
    Have you ever Rooted? If you are rooted, the system may have problems!
    You try to flash all again, let the phone boot and use normally, then use fastboot to relock
    no my phone is not rooted.. never tried to root.. i think i should manually upgrade my phone until the MSM tools are available. because if i brick it. there are no MSM tools available for 9rt to fixed.. or am i missing something