Development [FASTBOOT][ROM][UNOFFICIAL][OP9RT] OxygenOS A.04-A.08 for MT2110 devices

Search This thread

onizuka.csgo

Jul 18, 2017
alright smart guy. you're resposible to help people update from now on. you better share as soon as you update.
Don't share? What is this community established for? you are too selfish with your knowledge. If you don't share, it's best not to say anything. keep and use. don't make it look like a favor

g96818

Dec 27, 2014
Don't share? What is this community established for? you are too selfish with your knowledge. If you don't share, it's best not to say anything. keep and use. don't make it look like a favor
Selfish? It's people like you making demands and expecting people to serve you who causes delays.

onizuka.csgo

Jul 18, 2017
Yes. It appears frequently on Android 11 and 12. Both saving images and attaching them to posts. It is like known issue of Telegram, there is a bug, but not fixed yet. You mean in versions before A07 it worked correctly?
No. I also don't know if it's a bug of tele or oneplus. I come from xiaomi. telegram and nekogram normal use on xiaomi devices

penguinus

Nov 29, 2009
OnePlus 5
OnePlus 9RT
No. I also don't know if it's a bug of tele or oneplus. I come from xiaomi. telegram and nekogram normal use on xiaomi devices
Most of telegram clients based on the official client code and have the same bugs. The only client I know on it's own codebase is Telegram X. It doesn't have issues with images. Also, issue appears not in all firmwares. I.e. in ColorOS for 9RT telegram works correctly. Don't know what it depends on.

Reactions: onizuka.csgo

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Does anyone have an error that can't send images on telegram?
    Both a07 & a08
    Found what causes an issue. It happens because of old fastboot version in firmware package, it does wipe before flashing incorrectly in some way.
    In order to fix it, you should do wipe/factory reset in system settings or in recovery. Please note all data will be erased. Don't forget to do backup and restore it after wipe!
    FYI. Original post was updated with new version of A.08 firmware. @penguinus find the solution for issues with some application (telegram, gmail) which works with device filesystem. Issue is related to specific version of `platform-tools`, which used to flash device. Tools do device cleanup incorrectly. New version include fix for this issue.
    Issue can be fixed without full flashing of this firmware. Just by factory reset of device from the menu.

!!!DO BACKUP!!! of you data before this operation. Do not use TWRP for this operation because TWRP storing dump of `userdata` partition and restoring it after factory reset most probably return the original issue.
    Greetings,

I've appreciated @abhinavgupta371, @HELLBOY017 for initial version of this firmware and @penguinus for continuous support and testing.

PLEASE NOTE THAT FASTBOOT ROMS CAN ONLY BE USED IN DEVICES WITH AN UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER!!!
    AND BE WARNED THAT UNLOCKING DEVICE WILL WIPE INTERNAL STORAGE COMPLETELY.

THIS ROM UNOFFICIAL AND BASED ON IMAGES MANUALLY EXTRACTED FROM MT2111 DEVICES AND OTA UPDATES

This ROM can be used on MT2110 devices (Chinese version initially delivered with ColorOS) for migration to OxygenOS
    Device bootloader can be locked after flashing this ROM

Everything related to SafetyNet checks is working on this ROM like on original MT2111 devices.
    If device is not rooted it can receive OTA updates.

Known issues:
    - Device name in settings displayed incorrectly "Lahaina for amd64" instead of expected "MT2111". Fixed in latest firmwares.

Migration instructions:
    - On your PC, install bootloader drivers for OP9RT and check if device is recognized in Bootloader and Fastbootd modes.
    - Ensure you're using the LATEST version of SDK platform tools (adb and fastboot)
    - On your PC, download the Fastboot ROM zip from the download link below.
    - On your PC, unzip downloaded file
    - On your PC, navigate to its now-uncompressed folder
    - Reboot your OnePlus 9 RT to bootloader mode.
    - Connect the OP9RT to your PC
    - On your PC open command line window in the uncompressed folder,
    - type install.bat
    - wait till device boot to "Setup wizard" screen (it will take 5-7 min)
    - at this point device bootloader can be locked if you need this.

Upgrade instruction (for devices with OxygenOS where standard updater decline update):
    - follow the installation procedure till
    - instead of install.bat you need to run upgrade.bat in command line window
    - user data will be preserved

Good luck!

Edit:
    Some linux users reports issue with device wipe during installation. It is related to fastboot dependencies. It requires android platform tools installed.
    As an alternative after final reboot (device should reboot automatically twice during installation) device will boot to recovery mode where you need to wipe it manually.

DOWNLOAD LINKS:
    Fastboot ROM OxygenOS A.08 zip:
    boot.img OxygenOS A.08
    Fastboot ROM OxygenOS A.07 zip:
    boot.img OxygenOS A.07
    Fastboot ROM OxygenOS A.06 zip:

Fastboot ROM OxygenOS A.05 zip:

Fastboot ROM OxygenOS A.04 zip:

Credits:
    - @abhinavgupta371
    - @HELLBOY017
    - @penguinus

Updates:
    [2022-02-22] fixed installation and upgrade for some specific device state (if you have installed previous version successfully, you doesn't need re-installation).
    [2022-03-01] add A.05 version of firmware.
    [2022-03-11] add A.06 version of firmware.
    [2022-03-20] add A.07 version of firmware.
    [2022-05-23] add A.08 version of firmware.
    [2022-06-06] update A.08 version of firmware (fixed issue with telegram by @penguinus).
    FYI. Updated OP with latest version A.08.
    Thank you for this. I'm running this on my MT2110 (albeit the A03 version).
    Can this be dirty flashed over the top of the original install, or will it wipe all my settings/apps?
    Thank you for this. I'm running this on my MT2110 (albeit the A03 version).
    Can this be dirty flashed over the top of the original install, or will it wipe all my settings/apps?
    It has an option to upgrade without wipe.
    Please read instructions more carefully (last part of instruction about upgrade from previous version)
    Have you ever Rooted? If you are rooted, the system may have problems!
    You try to flash all again, let the phone boot and use normally, then use fastboot to relock
    no my phone is not rooted.. never tried to root.. i think i should manually upgrade my phone until the MSM tools are available. because if i brick it. there are no MSM tools available for 9rt to fixed.. or am i missing something