Development [FASTBOOT][ROM][UNOFFICIAL][OP9RT] OxygenOS A.04-A.08 for MT2110 devices

Search This thread

Valdem

Nov 3, 2015
Thanks so much for this release! I'm curious about one thing though. I'm a novice user and I'm concerned about security. Does the fact I can lock the bootloader mean that this release only contains completely unmodified data from OnePlus?
This ROM is based on files retrieved from OTA. The only files which doesn't come in OTA is what you mention in your last question (`mdtp.img` and `mdtpsecapp.img`). They was extracted from original MT2111 device. That is why bootloader can be locked and new OTA can be applied.

loleepop

Jun 23, 2022
Thanks again! I managed to get the local update going but it seems like the installation will always fail at 37%. I also tried to update via the built-in system update app and saw the same problem (installation problem at 1/3 progress). Hoping somebody can provide or fix or I'd have to go back to ColorOS...

Valdem

Nov 3, 2015
Thanks again! I managed to get the local update going but it seems like the installation will always fail at 37%. I also tried to update via the built-in system update app and saw the same problem (installation problem at 1/3 progress). Hoping somebody can provide or fix or I'd have to go back to ColorOS...
Your problem related to modified firmware on your device. OxygenOS use incremental scheme of update and it requires original content of all partitions on device. If at least some of the partition was modified - it will fail upgrade.
In relation to this answer the next question for next recommendation:
1. Is your bootloader unlocked?
2. Do you have Magisk installed?

loleepop

Jun 23, 2022
Your problem related to modified firmware on your device. OxygenOS use incremental scheme of update and it requires original content of all partitions on device. If at least some of the partition was modified - it will fail upgrade.
In relation to this answer the next question for next recommendation:
1. Is your bootloader unlocked?
2. Do you have Magisk installed?
1. Yes.
2. No - to my knowledge.
Thx!

loleepop

Jun 23, 2022
if you are still on A.08 version you can try to flash fastboot version of A.08 firmware from the original post. But just use upgrade.bat instead of install.bat when you follow the instruction. This will save user data.
This worked!!! I can now update successfully (both local and OTA) and my camera finally properly works within apps! Thank you!

Reactions: Valdem

door_jam

Jan 27, 2013
At the bottom of this page, there was a direct link to a rollback package which seems to be directly from OnePlus official web site:

The file name was 2506_sign_MT2111_11_A_OTA_0070_all_72ca39_00011011.zip

Is this a legitimate original source of the OxygenOS 11 ROM? Can it be used in our move from ColorOS to OOS?

Reactions: archz2

Valdem

Nov 3, 2015
At the bottom of this page, there was a direct link to a rollback package which seems to be directly from OnePlus official web site:

The file name was 2506_sign_MT2111_11_A_OTA_0070_all_72ca39_00011011.zip

Is this a legitimate original source of the OxygenOS 11 ROM? Can it be used in our move from ColorOS to OOS?
This file is a rollback firmware from OxygenOS beta to OxygenOS A.07. You will not be able to install it from ColorOS (it will be rejected).

Only the unpaid way to convert device from ColorOS to OxygenOS is fastboot firmware with OxygenOS (like published in this thread).

The other way to flash device - contact with official of semi-official services who have access to MSMDownload version of OxygenOS firmware (For OxygenOS I heard only for paid service, for ColorOS it possible to contact official service for free).

vuanh1408

Jul 26, 2013
Hi everyone. I got a China 9RT running color OS 12.1 beta. This version of coloros can not enter fastboot mode, so I cant unlock the bootloader and install Oxygen os. I have tried using hard button, adb using adb reboot fastboot/ adb reboot bootloader. Does anyone know a way to downgrade from Color OS 12.1 beta back to color os 12?

door_jam

Jan 27, 2013
I am a mac user. I have downloaded the latest platform-tools & I can reboot fastboot my 9RT into fastbootD mode.

I see the instructions in the OP was for windows pc. For mac, do I need to worry something similar to " disable driver signing" and "Qualcomm driver" because it is a mac?

Also, which version of OxygenOS is more stable for use? A08? A11?

Last edited:

roger1228253

Jul 28, 2022
hi my friend, we can not visit mega web site in china mainland, can you upload ROM OxygenOS A.11 zip on yandex ? thank you very much

Strain Grip

Jun 22, 2015
Somewhere
OnePlus 9RT
I own the chinese version with 8/256 GB. Will this rom work? I know, its the only version, thats not coming to india, but i would like to install this rom for better use.. Thanks for answering :)
How was your 5G in Preferred Network Type and VoLTE/Wi-Fi Calling? Does it work after installing OxygenOS ROM (Indian Version)? And what country you're using your 9RT?

We have the same case but a different variant (I have 12/256 GB Nano Silver Chinese Version).

archz2

Jan 25, 2013
New Delhi
OnePlus 9RT
I am currently on A.07 which I flashed from post 1, using the 'update.bat' method. Should I update to A.08 then install A.11 or can I install the A.11 fastboot ROM update directly from here?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Greetings,

I've appreciated @abhinavgupta371, @HELLBOY017 for initial version of this firmware and @penguinus for continuous support and testing.

PLEASE NOTE THAT FASTBOOT ROMS CAN ONLY BE USED IN DEVICES WITH AN UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER!!!
    AND BE WARNED THAT UNLOCKING DEVICE WILL WIPE INTERNAL STORAGE COMPLETELY.

THIS ROM UNOFFICIAL AND BASED ON IMAGES MANUALLY EXTRACTED FROM MT2111 DEVICES AND OTA UPDATES

This ROM can be used on MT2110 devices (Chinese version initially delivered with ColorOS) for migration to OxygenOS
    Device bootloader can be locked after flashing this ROM

Everything related to SafetyNet checks is working on this ROM like on original MT2111 devices.
    If device is not rooted it can receive OTA updates.

Known issues:
    - Device name in settings displayed incorrectly "Lahaina for amd64" instead of expected "MT2111". Fixed in latest firmwares.

Migration instructions:
    - On your PC, install bootloader drivers for OP9RT and check if device is recognized in Bootloader and Fastbootd modes.
    - Ensure you're using the LATEST version of SDK platform tools (adb and fastboot)
    - On your PC, download the Fastboot ROM zip from the download link below.
    - On your PC, unzip downloaded file
    - On your PC, navigate to its now-uncompressed folder
    - Reboot your OnePlus 9 RT to bootloader mode.
    - Connect the OP9RT to your PC
    - On your PC open command line window in the uncompressed folder,
    - type install.bat
    - wait till device boot to "Setup wizard" screen (it will take 5-7 min)
    - at this point device bootloader can be locked if you need this.

Upgrade instruction (for devices with OxygenOS where standard updater decline update):
    - follow the installation procedure till
    - instead of install.bat you need to run upgrade.bat in command line window
    - user data will be preserved

Good luck!

Edit:
    Some linux users reports issue with device wipe during installation. It is related to fastboot dependencies. It requires android platform tools installed.
    As an alternative after final reboot (device should reboot automatically twice during installation) device will boot to recovery mode where you need to wipe it manually.

DOWNLOAD LINKS:
    Fastboot ROM OxygenOS A.11 zip:
    boot.img OxygenOS A.11
    Fastboot ROM OxygenOS A.08 zip:
    boot.img OxygenOS A.08
    Fastboot ROM OxygenOS A.07 zip:
    boot.img OxygenOS A.07
    Fastboot ROM OxygenOS A.06 zip:

Fastboot ROM OxygenOS A.05 zip:

Fastboot ROM OxygenOS A.04 zip:

Credits:
    - @abhinavgupta371
    - @HELLBOY017
    - @penguinus

Updates:
    [2022-02-22] fixed installation and upgrade for some specific device state (if you have installed previous version successfully, you doesn't need re-installation).
    [2022-03-01] add A.05 version of firmware.
    [2022-03-11] add A.06 version of firmware.
    [2022-03-20] add A.07 version of firmware.
    [2022-05-23] add A.08 version of firmware.
    [2022-06-06] update A.08 version of firmware (fixed issue with telegram by @penguinus).
    [2022-07-20] add A.11 version of firmware (prepared by @penguinus)
    FYI. Updated OP with latest version A.08.
    Thank you for this. I'm running this on my MT2110 (albeit the A03 version).
    Can this be dirty flashed over the top of the original install, or will it wipe all my settings/apps?
    Thank you for this. I'm running this on my MT2110 (albeit the A03 version).
    Can this be dirty flashed over the top of the original install, or will it wipe all my settings/apps?
    It has an option to upgrade without wipe.
    Please read instructions more carefully (last part of instruction about upgrade from previous version)
    Have you ever Rooted? If you are rooted, the system may have problems!
    You try to flash all again, let the phone boot and use normally, then use fastboot to relock
    no my phone is not rooted.. never tried to root.. i think i should manually upgrade my phone until the MSM tools are available. because if i brick it. there are no MSM tools available for 9rt to fixed.. or am i missing something