Fastboot showing Software Status Modified

Search This thread

Anakha56

Aug 10, 2008
Durban
Hello XDA,

Been a long time since I rooted phone, last one was my HTC One M8.

Just a quick question on the U11, if the software status in fastboot says software modified and there is Security Checking failed in the first bootloader menu, that does mean that the phone has had the bootloader unlocked right? I bought the phone thinking it was brand new and have had no reason to suspect otherwise until I went to wipe the cache partition this morning and saw those messages.

Just looking for confirmation if that is indeed what I think it is.

Anakha56

Aug 10, 2008
Durban
Pretty much what my unlocked phone says also

Have you rooted your phone? I am trying to find reasons why some U11 phones are showing as device not certified in the Play Store. I have never rooted my device and the reseller has confirmed that my U11 came direct from HTC so they did not handle it. The only thing that we can come up with is that by flashing the RUU file it has changed the software status to modified and that this is tripping the flag in the Play Store. I have no way to verify this so I am information hunting. The last RUU I flashed is this one:

RUU_OCEAN_WHL_O80_SENSE90GP_MR_NA_Gen_Unlock_2.42.617.1

hammered58

Nov 4, 2017
Wisconsin
Have you rooted your phone? I am trying to find reasons why some U11 phones are showing as device not certified in the Play Store. I have never rooted my device and the reseller has confirmed that my U11 came direct from HTC so they did not handle it. The only thing that we can come up with is that by flashing the RUU file it has changed the software status to modified and that this is tripping the flag in the Play Store. I have no way to verify this so I am information hunting. The last RUU I flashed is this one:

RUU_OCEAN_WHL_O80_SENSE90GP_MR_NA_Gen_Unlock_2.42.617.1

Yes my phone is rooted ,, I have LeeDroid rom installed!! I do not have issues with the playstore showing any kind of messages. Hth

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone