• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question fastbootd mode not possible

Search This thread

thirtythr33

Sep 3, 2011
New York
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 9 Pro
no I haven't given those a try yet, although I'm theory creating those missing partitions in fastbootd should fix my issue, but I've never attempted anything like this before so I was waiting until today. a 'fastbootd getvar all' confirmed that I'm missing those partitions on slot B, so I hope creating them will work. I'll definitely report back when I do

thirtythr33

Sep 3, 2011
New York
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 9 Pro
Did you try the fastboot commands first?
so I just wanted to thank you for letting me know about those commands, but they did not work. i followed them to the T, and created the partitions that twrp reports I was missing, yet I still cannot update oos either through twrp or local upgrade. so I've literally done everything I can, could think of, and what others suggested, but can't fix this sh*tty issue, so I guess msm is inevitable. bummer man.
this is the error returned to me in twrp, and it has become my arch nemesis.

update: using 'fastboot getvar all' reports that there are also system_ext_b, product_b, odm_b, vendor_b, and system_b all with a -cow after, which I did not create. they look like this: 'system_ext_a-cow'
I wonder if I could also create those and that would fix it? do you happen to know what that means on the end of those partitions?
error.jpg

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts