Faulty device ?

Search This thread

bekasulaberidze

May 17, 2013
Tbilisi
Hello XDA ! I have problem with my Note 20 Ultra Exynos... When I bought it, started lagging immediately, I brought it to authorized service center and they told me that device is working correctly and it has no problems. But now when I am doing something e.g using Samsung browser, or watching videos it starts freezing and random reboots. So I tried wiping cache, factory/Odin reset but no results, I am not using many 3rd party apps. What do you think ? What is the problem ? Or can you tell me how to know if CPU or GPU is faulty ? Using normal mode FHD+ and 60Hz... I'll attach drive link How it is lagging

i9apps

Sep 1, 2011
I have the exact same problem
While the device get warm it's starts laging and freezing,
And Samsung said me too the device working correctly,
I have 2 friends who got the same device and doesn't have those problems.
This is my last Samsung device for me.
Horrible customer service .

blackhawk

• Jun 23, 2020
    It's an app that's probably sucking up bandwidth, CPU cycles and battery.
    Google Play Services, Backup Transport, Framework and all cloud/chat apps are prime suspects.
    A random reboot isn't normal though. Android 11 is a mess. Try running factory loads for the Google system apps, Gmail and Gmaps. Kill Google firebase, all feedback and all cloud crap.

xtravbx

Aug 23, 2010
    The exynos chip has basically zero cooling. (No joke, look at a teardown vid of it).

It's way too much CPU for way too little heat sink.

It can throttle itself (like all chips will) but can definitely crash under heavy load and heat if it's a poorly binned chip.

blackhawk

• Jun 23, 2020
    The exynos chip has basically zero cooling. (No joke, look at a teardown vid of it).

It's way too much CPU for way too little heat sink.

It can throttle itself (like all chips will) but can definitely crash under heavy load and heat if it's a poorly binned chip.
    It's up in the air which cooling solution Samsung used short of doing a teardown of that individual phone. Samsung isn't consistent with the internal parts used during even a single production run... a long running issue with Sammy. Most noticeable with the smaller chipsets and components that can cause a firmware update to skew some of the "same" models... until Samsung includes the inadvertent variants in the update.
    You know it's bad when Samsung physically has to examine the phone to know what chipsets were used (excluding the processor,etc).

bekasulaberidze

May 17, 2013
    Tbilisi
    I have the exact same problem
    While the device get warm it's starts laging and freezing,
    And Samsung said me too the device working correctly,
    I have 2 friends who got the same device and doesn't have those problems.
    This is my last Samsung device for me.
    Horrible customer service .
    It drives me crazy, warms up for no reason and lags af, sometimes I put it in the fridge to cool down :d

blackhawk

• Jun 23, 2020
    It drives me crazy, warms up for no reason and lags af, sometimes I put it in the fridge to cool down :d
    There's a reason it's running warm; excessive cpu cycles and/or excessive internet usage.
    Find the apks responsible.
    It's also toasting your battery*... been there, done that, and yes it's maddening until you sort it out.
    This probably needlessly cost me at least 200 maybe a 1000 full charge cycles on my old Li battery🤬

*charge battery no more than 80% to help limit the high current drain damage until the issues are resolved. Be especially careful in high ambient temperatures as you can do permanent damage to it quickly.

bekasulaberidze

May 17, 2013
    Tbilisi
    There's a reason it's running warm; excessive cpu cycles and/or excessive internet usage.
    Find the apks responsible.
    It's also toasting your battery*... been there, done that, and yes it's maddening until you sort it out.
    This probably needlessly cost me at least 200 maybe a 1000 full charge cycles on my old Li battery🤬

*charge battery no more than 80% to help limit the high current drain damage until the issues are resolved. Be especially careful in high ambient temperatures as you can do permanent damage to it quickly.
    Thanks for tips, I had S20 Ultra before, but it was working perfectly no lags no reboots, they have same exy chips right ? The hell is going with this one ? I am very very disappointed with N20U, right now CPU temp is 26C, not every time/everyday starts warming and lagging, I can't tell what is causing heating because, I am doing same [email protected] everyday, scrolling reddit, listening to music etc. Sorry for my English if it is grammatically correct...

blackhawk

• Jun 23, 2020
    Thanks for tips, I had S20 Ultra before, but it was working perfectly no lags no reboots, they have same exy chips right ? The hell is going with this one ? I am very very disappointed with N20U, right now CPU temp is 26C, not every time/everyday starts warming and lagging, I can't tell what is causing heating because, I am doing same [email protected] everyday, scrolling reddit, listening to music etc. Sorry for my English if it is grammatically correct...

Your english is fine. Not sure about chipsets, it should be a great phone though once you work this out. I'm thinking about getting either this or another 10+.
    I have the Note 10+ and it was a hot running power hog too. At first it was ok but within a few days it went to hell.

What I learned...
    Do not enable any power saving in Device Care ie the toggle on stuff, enable fast charging only. Do not optimize any apps in the settings options.
    Android can manage its self well without that junk.
    Developer options>Standby apps, all buckets should show as active, if not power management is active! If active it will cause erratic behavior as well. Blocking background and data usage is generally ok to to do though.
    Use Package Disaler to help tame it.

Use Kara Firewall (Playstore) to lock down the internet. It's logging feature doesn't work on Q and above though I believe. I'm running on Pie.

If you did any major firmware updates do a factory reset now. Otherwise clearing the system cache can help.
    Try rolling back apks especially system and Google apks to their factory loads or updating them. Updating them sometimes makes them worse.
    Clearing the system logs as needed with a 3rd party cleaner can help.
    Disable all Google, Samsung and carrier feedback. Disable Goggle Firebase.
    Disable all cloud, WhatsApp, FB etc. crap.

Goggle Play Services*, Backup Transport and Framework are prime offenders, clear data as needed. Package block them too and well as Playstore when not needed.
    You can also firewall block Play Services* UID 10O44, Android Services UID 1000 and Gmaps*.
    I use Galaxy Labs Battery Tracker, it's helpful in spotting Goggle Framework usage. Framework will always show as running even if PBed but it's usage should drop drastically.

Play with it, adjust by trial and error.
    My 10+ is now a heavily optimized stock load, cool running machine that runs very well, fast and stable. It wasn't always like this though.
    Once you get it optimized avoid firmware updates especially if it's running well as they can throw you straight back into the hurt locker.

*toggle on as needed. PD MDM let's you set a widget to toggle box checked apps on/off. It works great.

Reactions: bekasulaberidze

bekasulaberidze

May 17, 2013
    Tbilisi
    Your english is fine. Not sure about chipsets, it should be a great phone though once you work this out. I'm thinking about getting either this or another 10+.
    I have the Note 10+ and it was a hot running power hog too. At first it was ok but within a few days it went to hell.

What I learned...
    Do not enable any power saving in Device Care ie the toggle on stuff, enable fast charging only. Do not optimize any apps in the settings options.
    Developer options>Standby apps, all buckets should show as active, if not power management is active! If active it will cause erratic behavior as well. Blocking background and data usage is generally ok to to do though.

Use Kara Firewall (Playstore) to lock down the internet. It's logging feature doesn't work on Q and above though I believe. I'm running on Pie.

If you did any major firmware updates do a factory reset now. Otherwise clearing the system cache can help.
    Try rolling back apks especially system and Google apks to their factory loads or updating them. Updating them sometimes makes them worse.

Goggle Play Services*, Backup Transport and Framework are prime offenders, clear data as needed. Package block them too and well as Playstore when not needed.
    You can also firewall block Play Services* UID 10O44, Android Services UID 1000 and Gmaps*.
    I use Galaxy Labs Battery Tracker, it's helpful in spotting Goggle Framework usage. Framework will always show as running even if PBed but it's usage should drop drastically.

My 10+ is now a heavily optimized stock load, cool running machine that runs very well, fast and stable. It wasn't always like this though.
    Once you get it optimized avoid firmware updates especially if it's running well as they can throw you straight back into the hurt locker.

*toggle on as needed. PD MDM let's you set a widget to toggle box checked apps on/off. It works great.
    Thank you again for all these tips, I'll try them !
    But I have two more question if you know, my device only charges at super fast charging, when I enable fast charging it says cable charging, using stock charger and USB cable what is this ? This charger only charges super fast ? and the second question is why enable fast charging ? I always charge at regular charge...

Reactions: blackhawk

blackhawk

• Jun 23, 2020
    But I have two more question if you know, my device only charges at super fast charging, when I enable fast charging it says cable charging, using stock charger and USB cable what is this ? This charger only charges super fast ? and the second question is why enable fast charging ? I always charge at regular charge...
    It only fast charges if it's enable and has a fast charging compatible brick/cable.
    It should say fast charging when plugged in if it is. If not try toggling the switch 3 times*.
    It will charge at normal speed otherwise.
    Fast charging will likely decrease the battery longevity at least slightly.
    Li's love frequently midrange 40-70% partial charge cycles. It takes only 10 minutes for a 20% charge in this range. It's fast.

* failure to engage or erratic fast charging can indicate a battery failure...so I learned recently🤣
    If battery swelling is spotted replace it asap.
    It will push the back panel up if it swells.

• Love
    Reactions: bekasulaberidze

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

What I learned...

What I learned...

It only fast charges if it's enable and has a fast charging compatible brick/cable.
      It should say fast charging when plugged in if it is. If not try toggling the switch 3 times*.
      It will charge at normal speed otherwise.
      Fast charging will likely decrease the battery longevity at least slightly.
      Li's love frequently midrange 40-70% partial charge cycles. It takes only 10 minutes for a 20% charge in this range. It's fast.

* failure to engage or erratic fast charging can indicate a battery failure...so I learned recently🤣
      If battery swelling is spotted replace it asap.
      It will push the back panel up if it swells.
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone