• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

faulty screen vs a perfect device

yellow tint device vs perfect device without yellow tint

• Total voters
Search This thread

sagr_ved

Jul 2, 2009
Mumbai
guys this is a poll regarding the yellow tint issue
we will get to know the approx number of devices which have yellow tint vs the perfect screen device with no issues

Last edited:

Efe64

Mar 14, 2012
Brussel
Sony Xperia 1
Bought on 8 aprill.

12w09

Netherlands

Sony confirmed the yellow tint, they said the new ones doesnt have that.
It seems thay 12w11 etc doesnt have the problem. (users telling)

Sent from my LT26i using XDA

LahiruRD

Sep 3, 2010
I just contacted Sony Mobile Support France.
They said that the problem is known & it can be repaired or replace the tel with a new one.
It's takes around 15 days.
I will return mine for repair tomorrow or next Saturday.

awf

May 9, 2008
guys this is a poll regarding the yellow tint issue
we will get to know the approx number of devices which have yellow tint vs the perfect screen device with no issues

Well what about us that already swapped there device poll isn't complete ;-)

12W09 had the yellow spot issue
12W11 up until now yellow spot / tint issue free still testing..

Last edited:

jmarceno

Feb 24, 2011
I don't even know how a phone with this problem looks... :D

Mine is just perfect and I have nothing to complain about the phone.

From the battery to the screen everything is perfect.
I loved my old Desired HD but I do not miss him.

reptile64

Aug 7, 2008
Thessaloniki
Just to mention, you have to make your phone get HOT in most cases (35 celsius and more) to see the spots and light leaks! Then just pull down the notification bar and see the lower part, if there is yellow tint you will notice it!

awf

May 9, 2008
Just to mention, you have to make your phone get HOT in most cases (35 celsius and more) to see the spots and light leaks! Then just pull down the notification bar and see the lower part, if there is yellow tint you will notice it!

Yep had that with my first one was really bad with yellow burn circle at top right corner and a yellow spot at the bottom around 40 degrees Celcius I had it along the left and right edge too... 12W09

Now the replacement is fine still testing 12W11

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just read from a chinese forum, someone working in sony reveal some documents (don't know if these are real or not).

Basically, if the touch firmware is 6 (dial *#*#7378423#*#* -> service info -> software info), the screen should be fine, they won't accept repairing (in China); if it's 7, then there might be yellow tints on screen.

Also, it is not about the week number, it's about the 4 letters code printed on the battery sticker, the one just above the week number, something like "AAAB".

If the first 2 letters is "AA" (hardware version 1), then it might be a problem screen; if it's "AB" (hardware version 2) or "AC" (hardware version 3), then there is no problem, i.e. no yellow tints / spots.

The tones in the documents are quite "absolutely sure", i.e. NOT "it should be no problem with the screen", but rather "there IS no problem". And they won't accept repair for any phone that doesn't pass their "check" (mentioned above).

And their explanation of "yellow tints" on touch firmware 6 / ABAC screens is that these are just different colours adjust of LCD screens which is common, i.e. not every single piece of screen has exactly the same colour adjust, some might be a bit blue, some are more yellow, etc. (it sounds like it's YOUR eyes problem if you think it has got yellow tints on those "touch firmware 6 / AB / AC screens" )

the link is here: http://bbs.gfan.com/android-4055016-1-1.html

The bottom picture of the 2 screens is the example which they ACCEPT as a problem screen (yellow tints).

PLEASE POST YOU LETTER AA, AB, AC AND TOUCHFRIMWARE AND IF YOU HAVE ISSUES OR NOT IN ORDER TO VERIFY THIS
    THANKS
    Bought on 8 aprill.

12w09

Netherlands

Sony confirmed the yellow tint, they said the new ones doesnt have that.
    It seems thay 12w11 etc doesnt have the problem. (users telling)

Sent from my LT26i using XDA

i have week 11
    it has the tint unfortunatly!
    :(
    We only have access to a battery temp sensor from what I can tell, but in a phone there wont be that much variation.

This app https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.into.stability was what I used to heat it up, and that reads from the sensor, or the other option(for me) is Widgetsoid, I keep "system monitoring" on my 5th screen.
    Just contacted the local service centre. I can confirm that the first thing they ask is for that particular sequence.

"Please remove your back cover and read back the four letters under the model number LT26i"

I was going to try to live with mine when it suddenly went from super mild yellow tint at the bottom to full out yellow spots at top left, right and yellow tint down the entire right side. What the heck..... Couple of weeks before the parts come and another possible work week before i get it back. In the meantime i can't flash stuff onto it!!! Or at least i better not...

Oh and on topic. Ver 7, AAAB
    simply, if you don't use your mobile v. much, u will not get the yellow tint :D.

Sony made this phone to be used under 1 condition:
    - don't let the battery temp to reach 40 C deg,
    so:
    1- don't use your SXS to see long movies.
    2- don't talk for long time
    3- don't play games for long time
    4- don't keep connecting to internet though wifi
    5- don't stay in hot area's ( bad news for whom working in fields)

so, this phone is perfect to be used in ESKIMO.