Fcc Car Launcher [official thread]

What do you want: a split screen functionality or a normal launcher behavior?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

okij

Oct 24, 2012
Düsseldorf
@SpeedFire-: I have been using Fcc Launcher 3.440_test16 for the last couple of months and it has been working very well for me.

Is there a newer version on beta channel? I'm not subscribed to it because I prefer downloading the latest versions here on this thread and installing them via USB stick (because mobile data reception is very bad in my underground parking place).

Could you please post a Google Drive link of the latest beta here in case it's newer than 3.440_test16?

bajoseph04

Oct 3, 2018
@SpeedFire-: I have been using Fcc Launcher 3.440_test16 for the last couple of months and it has been working very well for me.

Is there a newer version on beta channel? I'm not subscribed to it because I prefer downloading the latest versions here on this thread and installing them via USB stick (because mobile data reception is very bad in my underground parking place).

Could you please post a Google Drive link of the latest beta here in case it's newer than 3.440_test16?
Yes, I have the FCC on my phone just to look for any new updates and I see one today. I'm on the play store beta channel. Will install it on the headunit and report back today.

SpeedFire-

Oct 11, 2011
Moscow

Here is the latest beta (available in beta channel of Play Store): fcclauncher-3.442

Reactions: dape16 and okij

SpeedFire-

Oct 11, 2011
Moscow
Thanks! What are the changes after last stable release or after 3.440_test16?
Nothing significant:
- Fix of a bug when the trip data was not reset every day
- A screen with explanations for location data collection was added to the initial setup wizard. This was required to pass the Google Play review.
- "Settings" and "Apps" labels should be localised now after the initial setup.
- Privacy policy link was added to the About menu

okij

Oct 24, 2012
Düsseldorf
Nothing significant:
In this case - from my point of view - you can safely release 3.442 to the public. :)

Yesterday I installed 3.442 and tested it for only 5-10 minutes, without problems.

But as I already wrote, I have been using Fcc Launcher 3.440_test16 for the last couple of months and it has been working very well for me (PX5 MTCE head unit). Since there are no big changes which could have introduced new bugs, 3.442 should be fine too! (y)

Last edited:
Reactions: rigattoni

rigattoni

Apr 27, 2010
Fuerth
Same result on my side testing the 3.442.
I did not find any regressions to the previous 3.440 (16) in an overnight test after micro-soldering of a defect PX6 I buyed some days ago for 20 bucks.
This morning the unit was still working fine on some test scripts.

Reactions: okij

Ericang

Jan 21, 2007
Hello @SpeedFire-
Thank you for your contribution in making this wonderful launcher. I am a proud owner of the paid version of your launcher and i am loving it.

I know that you have abandon split screen, but i really enjoy the split screen function.

Can i ask if you could help me do some little modification on the split screen version that allow the left panel to add widgets eg. Clock, distance etc etc so when i scroll to other page, i m still able to read the details from the widget.

This is what i have done so far

SpeedFire-

Oct 11, 2011
Moscow
Hi friends,
I read the thread, but didn't find an answer (or I missed it):
Which device type should I use for my new Joying headunit? It's an octacore UIS7862 unit (JY-UQ135N4G): https://www.joyingauto.eu/joying-android-10-double-din-head-unit-replacement-7-inch-dsp-radio.html
Joying devices are difficult to deeply integrate.
The launcher suggests the best device type for your head unit. If it suggested Android Phone/Tablet then this device is not integrated.

Reactions: RealZac

SpeedFire-

Oct 11, 2011
Moscow
Hello @SpeedFire-
Thank you for your contribution in making this wonderful launcher. I am a proud owner of the paid version of your launcher and i am loving it.

I know that you have abandon split screen, but i really enjoy the split screen function.

Can i ask if you could help me do some little modification on the split screen version that allow the left panel to add widgets eg. Clock, distance etc etc so when i scroll to other page, i m still able to read the details from the widget.

This is what i have done so far

Good suggested. I already tried to do this once but faced some issues. I will try again later.

sbruda

Nov 6, 2016
Sherbrooke, Quebec
Please also test the latest beta on a beta-channel. Do you see any major bugs?
I too found no regression from the previous versions.

However, I would like to note that backups to the local SD card do not work (and have not worked in awhile). Is there any trick I am missing? Backups produced by third-party tools (such as TitaniumBackup or MyBackup) work but not perfectly so I would really love the possibility to back up setting from within the app itself. What s frustrating is that local backups used to work, in fact my recovery strategy right now is to restore a rather old backup and then change the layout to my current one. This is all time consuming and frustrating.

Other than this, I am very happy to see development being restarted on this launcher, it is hands down the best one for this kind of devices. Great Job! :) I do look forward to any deeper CSN2 integration you happen to implement in the future, right now many integration things do not work (most interesting to me would be hiding the app name and button binding), still a decent integration but could definitely be better. ;)

Reactions: seppen

seppen

Dec 13, 2006
On my Pumpkin PX6 AA0584B-B01 it's not possible to save the settings.
Neither on SD nor on google drive.
I have tried it with 3.440 and 3.442

What should I do to save settings?

d33mon533d

Jan 25, 2008
Anyone else have issues with the native OBD widgets in FCC? They used to work flawlessly for me; was able to monitor everything from RPM to short term and long term fuel trims, vacuum/boost, throttle position, timing, MAF, temps... etc.. Not sure which version of the app I had, but I hadn't connected my HU to internet for a while, when I did, FCC was updated and now none of the widgets work.

They all just display "- - -" for each one. If I go into the widget settings (any one I have) and tick off all the boxes for "live data", the widgets will work and all update for about 5 seconds and then just stop. reloading just returns the widgets to the "- - -" state. MY OBD adapter is working , as it works with all apps I try, Bluetooth is fine, and adapter is found and paired no problem. not a hardware issue on my end, and I've tried just about everything, including a full reset and return to stock rom on HU. whatever version I had before that was working perfect is obviously gone from play store and I'm stuck with latest version...

Paid for PREMIUM for this app for THIS specific reason and now it's dead. Any fix for this? (unless one has already been listed; thread is long and I haven't read through it all)

thanks...

*EDIT* Nevermind... I found a workaround myself, although an update to the app is needed; to address the OBD WIDGET values being able to be SAVED when you check off the "Live data" boxes. They don't stick when backing out of the menu and there is NO SAVE option, and if you add an additional widget, they get reset to all off again... leaving you with no live display on ANY of the prior widgets you already had set up and working. They should all be DEFAULTED to "ON", but no... instead, all defaulted to "OFF"...

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm working on a new Icon Widget.
    Good news: it will support dynamic change of icon packs.
    Here is a video:
    I almost completed the new IconWidget.

I've also added press animation for all widgets:
    Do you like it?
    I still think if this animation should be applied to clickable widgets only or to all of them (like now)?

Here is the latest alpha: fcclauncher-3.442_test7.apk
    Hello, in the screen options in FCC Settings it does not allow me to access the brightness section, and on the main screen, pressing the brightness icon does not alternate between the different modes. What I can do? Thanks.
    How can I make the android system boot faster? Is there a way to access sleep mode or something similar? Thanks a lot.
    If you would give us some details of your head unit (MCU and Android version) someone could give you some answer about brightness.
    The other questions should be handled in the related threads for your unit. This thread is not the right one. This thread is only for the FCC car launcher.
    Please try this alpha with Autofit fixed and Autofit option added to widget's settings: fcclauncher-3.442_test6.apk
    If someone wants to test a new widget settings here is an alpha - 3.442-test3
    Only one widget is currently done - it is called "Clock NEW TEST" (you can find it near the old Clock widget in the widgets list).
    Please test and report if there are any issues.
    Hi, all!

Welcome to the official thread for FCC Car Launcher - a customizable auto launcher for android head units (Rockchip MTCB/MTCD+ and FlyAudio) as well as android smartphones/tablets.

Its major features:
    - Full function launcher with supports of all standard third party android widgets
    - Deep integration with head units (MCU etc). My mission here is to implement as many functions in the launcher itself as possible. In case of Rockchip devices to get rid of most xposed modules (my deep respect to their authors, great job, but they sometimes slow down the device significantly) and replace them with the normal built-in functions.
    - Customization. The FCC Cat Launcher has some built-in customizable widgets which can help to make your home screen more personal (you can adjust widgets size, colors, features etc).
    - Built-in music widget with support of FM Radio (with ability to give names to radio stations), Spotify, Google Music, PowerAmp, PC Radio, Neutron and Stellio players.
    - One-click navigation widgets with quick route building (supports Waze, Google Maps, Yandex Navigator and other navigation apps).
    - Phone calls via connected phone using 'Ok Google call [name]' request or by clicking on built-in Contact widget.
    - Other features.

FAQ
    1. I love MiniMap but can you put other navigation app there?
    Unfortunately this is not possible. MiniMap is part of FCC and is based on Google Maps API for Android. It is not another app (not even a Google Maps app), that can be just replaced within the FCC interface. Android does not allow to integrate third party apps (navigation apps) inside another third party apps (FCC Launcher).
    If your head Unit supports Split Screen (ie can display Two apps at the same time), this can be partially done with split screen.

2. Is it possible to cache maps for MiniMap for offline use?
    - Yes. In the latest FCC Launcher beta version you can select Offline Mapbox map and download it to your device.
    - For Google Maps - No. Caching is directly prohibited by Google license for using Google Maps API (MiniMap). Moreover, Google even does not provide developers with such a caching API. Therefore you will need a constant internet connection to use MiniMap. The somewhat good news is that the map itself does some short-term caching on your device, so it saves some data (but not too much).

3. Notifications are only popping up for a split second / flashing. How to fix this?
    That means that animations are disabled on your device.
    - Go to the device's Developer settings: FCC settings - System - Advanced - Developer settings (if it asks for code - it's "7890" for AllWinner T8).
    - Scroll down and change 3 parameters "Window animation scale", "Transition animation scale" and "Animation duration scale" from "Animation off" to "Animation scale 1x".

4. Routing on Google Maps in MiniMap doesn't work. It asks for API key. What should I do?
    - Turn-by-turn navigation in built-in Google Map fragment is directly prohibited by Google. Therefore it is not possible to use it. .However if you have your own Google Developer account (Google Maps API key) you can use it to draw a simple route line on the MiniMap. Please note that it will NOT have any turn-by-turn data like distance to next turn or estimated time of arrival.
    I do not recommend to purchase Google Developer account just for this feature:
    - Google Developer account will cost money for you (a one-off payment) which is reasonable only if you really want to develop android apps.
    - Routing requests cost money. But currently Google provides a 200$ per month free usage for Maps, Routes, and Places every month which should be enough for individual usage.
    Links: Get API key, Pricing. Don't forget to enable Maps API and Directions API in your Google Cloud Console.

Tutorial:

Translation to your language
    Guys, many of you suggested your help with translation of the app to your native languages.
    I have setup a translation project on OneSky site.
    Here is the link: HELP TRANSLATE FCC CAR LAUNCHER

Links:
    Release
    channel: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ru.speedfire.flycontrolcenter
    Beta channel: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/ru.speedfire.flycontrolcenter
    (I would suggest to stick with the release channel since beta channel can be really buggy sometimes and is intended for beta testers only)

As a developer I will be happy to discuss with you any ideas or issues.

Here is a couple of tutorials:
    1) Quick look on home screen setup process:

How to write LogCat log:
    You need to have ROOT:
    1. Install LogCat Extreme LogCat Extreme
    2. Select VERBOSE level of details (very important) Video 1
    3. Write and send log: Video 2

Initial setup (do this if you see black screen):
    Important checkbox during first setup:
    giphy.gif

Please make sure to check that checkbox "Always allow FCC Launcher to add widgets..".

Full setup process:
    giphy.gif
    pity that the developer is not dedicated to solving several bugs of this fantastic launcher, too many bugs for daily use is not so good unfortunately

How the Hell can you say that when @SpeedFire- has dedicated 100's , if not 1000's of hours developing this launcher, and for peanuts !!

I remember a time last year when he was on vacation, and even then, each night he worked on FCC, fixing bugs and greatly improving what was already there.

FCC is probably one of the most COMPLEX apps on Playstore.

My understanding is that he basically developed FCC for HIMSELF, because he was not satisfied with what was currently out there, and was good enough to share his work with anyone wanting to try it.

Because of technical complexities, this launcher is designed and developed for a limited number of Android systems, but that number is increasing all the time as he add new Units to those currently supported.

If you go out and purchase some obscure, budget China unit, that is not supported, you cannot blame anyone but yourself, if then you experience issues.

Just because you paid the developer a few dollars because YOU CHOSE TO DO SO does not mean that you OWN him, and can demand that he jumps at your every call ... it's not his work -- it's his HOBBY -- and you probably knew that going in .. so lighten up and stop giving him such a hard time.

BTW, I am also a developer, and I can tell you, if anyone else got involved in this complex app, it would most likely get totally screwed up, and dye -- that is assuming one could even find someone who would be willing to put in the time for next to nothing, while having the technical ability to actually contribute anything to the project.

Thank you @SpeedFire- for clearly the best Android launcher on the market, and for all your time and dedication in constantly improving it. It is very much appreciated I am sure by the majority of those using it, and you will always have my full support going into the future.
    Guys!
    It seems that I've found the best solution for Normal / Split-Screen modes. Take a look:

Here is a short demo of two modes in the alpha version:
    1) Normal mode - launcher does not support split screen (bad) but behaves as a normal launcher and is not visible in the list of recent apps (good).
    2) Split screen mode - launcher supports 50/50 multi window mode (good) but is visible in the list of recent apps (bad).

Every user can select the preferred mode!
    The app is now returned to the Play Store :)
    New beta is out:
    - All skins are re-designed for 6x10 grid (instead of previous 6x7 grid). You need to re-apply skin if you want to switch to a new skin.
    - You can choose your favourite skin during first time setup process.
    - Time widget has new options to granually change Time and Date font sizes as well as to swap Time and Date positions
    - Re-written code for album arts in Player widget. Hopefully this will fix most issues.
    - Some other fixes.
    - For built-in skins Icons are automatically setup when put on home screen or moved (based on skins' settings for particular Icon slot).
    giphy.gif
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone