• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Fcc Car Launcher [official thread]

What do you want: a split screen functionality or a normal launcher behavior?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

SpeedFire-

Oct 11, 2011
Moscow
Hi, I'm new guy in the FCC Launcher world, so I have some general questions:
* Is that possible to control brightness with this launcher? My radio is ff-5000 8227L and this function doesn't work.
* Is there any way to control FM Radio with the mini music player widget? I'm able to select some kind of "FM Radio" but it's doesn't work at all.
Have you selected MTK integration? If yes and it still doesn't work then your device is not supported.

okij

Oct 24, 2012
Düsseldorf
I don't really want to add a separate option. Please tell me in which case do you need this BT_ACTION intent?
I need it to manually switch the BT connection between my head unit and two phones when pressing on the BT widget via my Tasker project which I posted here.

Why don't you want to add a separate option? IMHO it would actually be great if there was such an option for other widgets too, for users who want to automate some things via Tasker. Of course most users won't use it, but they also wouldn't mind to see an additional option.

If you really don't want to add a separate option, please hide it in the "-" list entry, like it was in the old BT/Wifi widget. I just noticed that in test75, you actually open the BT app and send the ru.speedfire.flycontrolcenter.BT_ACTION intent. This is not a big problem for me, since my Tasker project also opens the BT app, but it also doesn't make much sense (and possibly could lead to problems) if the BT app is opened twice in a row.

Please let me know if you need some further infos.

SpeedFire-

Oct 11, 2011
Moscow
I need it to manually switch the BT connection between my head unit and two phones when pressing on the BT widget via my Tasker project which I posted here.

Why don't you want to add a separate option? IMHO it would actually be great if there was such an option for other widgets too, for users who want to automate some things via Tasker. Of course most users won't use it, but they also wouldn't mind to see an additional option.

If you really don't want to add a separate option, please hide it in the "-" list entry, like it was in the old BT/Wifi widget. I just noticed that in test75, you actually open the BT app and send the ru.speedfire.flycontrolcenter.BT_ACTION intent. This is not a big problem for me, since my Tasker project also opens the BT app, but it also doesn't make much sense (and possibly could lead to problems) if the BT app is opened twice in a row.

Please let me know if you need some further infos.
I've assigned this intent to "-": fcclauncher-3.442_test76.apk

Reactions: dape16 and okij

okij

Oct 24, 2012
Düsseldorf
OK, that's fine then! :)

However, in test76 there are major issues with the App widget:
  • When setting the widget layout, the layout icons don't have the right description, e.g. the layout icon for Bottom text shows "Icon only", please see attached screenshots.
  • Even worse, with some of the layouts it's not possible to start the app which is associated to the widget anymore. With "Right side text" it's still working fine, but with "Icon only" or with "Text over icon" (both selected according to the layout icon, not to the wrong description) the associated app is not started when tapping on the widget.
I'm quite sure that this was still working in test75, because I have an App widget with "Icon only" layout which still worked fine on test75 but not on test76.

Please have a quick look after this, because users who use many "Icon only" App widgets run into real problems when installing test76. Thanks. :)

Attachments

• 20211017_174548.jpg
    20211017_174548.jpg
    200.8 KB · Views: 23
  • 20211017_174606.jpg
    20211017_174606.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 23
  • 20211017_174612.jpg
    20211017_174612.jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 23

SpeedFire-

Oct 11, 2011
Moscow
Yeah, the correct model has been selected (MTK 8827L). Do you think it's possible to save log and check why it is not working?
No. This will not help. This device requires "deep integration" which means that I need to purchase it and reverse engineer its software. As far as I remember I've already tried to integrate similar device remotely without any success (not every type of device can be deeply integrated).

Reactions: dape16

kill_one

Oct 27, 2010
@SpeedFire- As you can see from the video, when I choose the Only Album Arts layout, the image is no longer displayed, if I change with the other layouts it returns to view

also is it possible to modify or remove that gray halo in the other part of the widget? I did not understand if it is wanted or a bug?

Thanks

Attachments

• VID_20211016_131731.mp4
    315.8 MB · Views: 2
Last edited:

kill_one

Oct 27, 2010
@SpeedFire- would it also be possible as a default cover to display an animated gif? Currently if If i uploaded a gif the image is static Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20211016_132105.jpg
    IMG_20211016_132105.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 19
  • Youth.gif
    Youth.gif
    10.9 MB · Views: 19

kill_one

Oct 27, 2010

• When setting the widget layout, the layout icons don't have the right description, e.g. the layout icon for Bottom text shows "Icon only", please see attached screenshots.
  • Even worse, with some of the layouts it's not possible to start the app which is associated to the widget anymore. With "Right side text" it's still working fine, but with "Icon only" or with "Text over icon" (both selected according to the layout icon, not to the wrong description) the associated app is not started when tapping on the widget.
I'm quite sure that this was still working in test75, because I have an App widget with "Icon only" layout which still worked fine on test75 but not on test76.

Please have a quick look after this, because users who use many "Icon only" App widgets run into real problems when installing test76. Thanks. :)

i encountered the same problem with test version 76, can you go back to test 75 by simply reinstalling the apk?

jeff leggett

Dec 15, 2009
Google Pixel 2
Idk if this helps anyone. It's just a quick fix for 95% of FCC force closings from wake. If you have custom ROM, under the section list of activities that start after boot you'll see a couple FCC launchers. Try adding the one that says ru.speedfire.flycontrolcenter/
com.android.fcclauncher.Launcher
I'm not in the car right now but I think that's the one that's working for me about a week so far. But I could be wrong.

SpeedFire-

Oct 11, 2011
Moscow

I can confirm this bug. However, I currently can't fix it quickly - can't identify the exact reason of the issue.
Maybe it is worth to take some time and reconsider widget redrawing once again..

okij

Oct 24, 2012
Düsseldorf
I can confirm this bug.
That's good.

However, I currently can't fix it quickly - can't identify the exact reason of the issue.
Maybe it is worth to take some time and reconsider widget redrawing once again..
OK, then of course take the time you need to fix it.

To narrow it down, this bug seems to be occured only in the latest test76, so you could have a look at the changes you did after test75.

Today I also noticed a bug of the new Bluetooth widget: The connection status (with the name of the BT phone) often doesn't stick, but shows disconnected again (even though the pone is connected) and a while after this only "Active". So the new Bluetooth widget does not react properly to the BT broadcast intents, which was perfectly working with the old BT/Wifi widget. Please have a look after this too.

Idk if this helps anyone. It's just a quick fix for 95% of FCC force closings from wake. If you have custom ROM, under the section list of activities that start after boot you'll see a couple FCC launchers. Try adding the one that says ru.speedfire.flycontrolcenter/
I'm not in the car right now but I think that's the one that's working for me about a week so far. But I could be wrong.

Thanks for this info! Currently I'm using test76 to try if the force close / ANR bug has been fixed and give feedback to @SpeedFire-. This will take some days because this bug usually happened one to two times per week on previous versions. If this bug should still occur, I will try as you suggested.

mclellan83

Dec 26, 2016
No. This will not help. This device requires "deep integration" which means that I need to purchase it and reverse engineer its software. As far as I remember I've already tried to integrate similar device remotely without any success (not every type of device can be deeply integrated).
Are Joying units deeply integrated?

kill_one

Oct 27, 2010
Album art only in the widget player not visible is a bug or is this a problem that only I have? 😅 key mapping still does not work,

as soon as I can I try to log if it can help solve these two problems 😉🙂

okij

Oct 24, 2012
Düsseldorf
@SpeedFire-: This afternoon the ANR bug happened again, this time on test76, so unfortunately it is not fixed yet. I again attached the Logcat and ANR files for you to have a look.

I now added ru.speedfire.flycontrolcenter/com.android.fcclauncher.Launcher to the list of activities that start after boot, as @jeff leggett suggested here:

I will try this setting for the next couple of days. From a dev's perspective, do you think it can help to stop the ANR errors?

From a first test it seems that this setting fixes the bug of the new BT widget which I reported today:

Today I also noticed a bug of the new Bluetooth widget: The connection status (with the name of the BT phone) often doesn't stick, but shows disconnected again (even though the pone is connected) and a while after this only "Active". So the new Bluetooth widget does not react properly to the BT broadcast intents, which was perfectly working with the old BT/Wifi widget. Please have a look after this too.

I woke the head unit two times from sleep after adding ru.speedfire.flycontrolcenter/com.android.fcclauncher.Launcher to the list of activities that start after boot and both times the BT widget properly and stably showed the connection status of the connected phone.

Also, from a dev's perspective, do you think that this setting can have a good influence on the new BT widget too?

Attachments

• anr_2021-10-19.zip
    218 KB · Views: 3
  • Log_2021-10-19_13-27-38.zip
    91.2 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

ronenfe

Dec 19, 2006
Hi. Will you be able to fix the playback of the FM radio in the background. This prevents users with all winner k2001n headunit from using this app. Or any other launcher.

Top Liked Posts

Thank you! I just tested it and it basically fixes my issue, i.e. the Player widget on my setup now goes to the bottom of the screen and fully covers the wallpaper image.

However, now the progress bar of the Player widget isn't fully shown anymore, it's only 2 px instead of 6 px heigh, please see attached picture.

In test96 and before, one unit of my screen grid was 89 px heigh, so the 600 px height of my screen added up like this: status bar 64 px + screen grid 6 * 89 px + 2 unused lines at the bottom of the screen = 600 px.

In test97 it is like this: status bar 64 px + screen grid 6 * 90 px - 4 not shown lines at the bottom of the screen = 600 px.

For me personally test97 is OK, since the now only 2 px heigh progress bar looks nice to me (as I prefer it to be slim), but I don't know what other users think.

Couldn't you make the units of the screen grid different in height, so that they compensate for the rounding errors and add up to the full screen height?

For my vertical screen grid this would be: status bar 64 px + screen grid 89 px + 90 px + 89 px + 89 px + 90 px + 89 px = 600 px.

For my horizontal grid this would be: 102 px + 103 px + 102 px + 103 px + 102 px + 102 px + 103 px + 102 px + 103 px + 102 px = 1024 px.

Of course this mixture of 89 px + 90 px and 102 px + 103 px would have to be calculated based on the actual screen size and screen grid that is used. I guess that this makes it quite complicated if not impossible for you to implement. In this case I personally would prefer the implementation of test97 over the implementation of test96 and before.

I have two feature requests for the Player widget which I already asked some months ago, before you reworked the Player widget. Now I'd like to ask you again:
    1. Please add an option to set the height of the progress bar (this would also serve as a workaround for the screen grid implementation of test97).
    2. Please add some toggles to turn the progress bar on/off separately for each player. This would be very useful, because not all players broadcast their track position. Currently I e.g. see a full progress bar when using DAB-Z and NavRadio+, but I would like to turn it of for them.
    After installing test97 I observed an issue of the Clock widget that has been reported before but not fixed yet: The Clock widget sometimes erratically changes its font sizes when updating FCC. As I observed it, the size of the 2nd font gets bigger and the size of the 1st font gets smaller. Please have a look into this.

Thanks and best regards.
    There is no quick way to change the widget height individually.
    So in this fix I check if available height is evenly divisible by the number of widgets -> no adjustment.
    If there is some extra space -> I add 1px to each widget. This can indeed result in the bottom widget is slightly below the bottom of the screen.

You can adjust this by the widget's setting -> bottom margin.
    Regarding your questions:
    1. Progress bar size cannot be changed easily. At least I need to find a way.
    2. You can disable progress bar in the widget's settings - Show/hide progress bar
    Sorry for the delay. Chest Infection :( Ok test 96 installed, HU restarted etc. No change. Map still flashing. I have video'd it for you to see. At 0:38 and 1:40

Google Maps Flashing constantly

Something just came to mind. I wanted to have some iBUS widgets hidden behind the map. I have the Street Name button set up to Hide the map, thus displaying the iBUS widgets. This caused many problems, mainly the widgets and map alternating very randomly. I removed the widgets. I wonder whether you might consider implements a feature that allows us to see all created "place holders" active or otherwise. I have clicked on various parts of the left of the screen but not found anything hidden.
    Thanks. Based on your video this blink happens exactly every minute.
    Every minute the app checks if it needs to apply day / night mode. Probably this is the cause of this blink. I will try to reproduce.

Update: Done. Please check this version - fcclauncher-3.442_test98.apk
    Thanks, the initial App widget settings bug is fixed in test87. :)

As I already mentioned yesterday, there's now a bug with the text alignment of App widgets, which doesn't stick and changes erratically when restarting FCC, please see attached video.

On my main FCC screen that you see in the video, I have the widget text "Wetter" right aligned and "Radar" left aligned to have them next to each other but look like one text field. The same applies to "Mod" which I have right aligned and "Einst." which I have left aligned.

At the start of the video, you see that they are properly displayed. At 00:14, 00:26 and 00:40 in the video you see different variations of these texts not being properly aligned, thus showing gapps between the texts.

In the settings of these widgets, the text alignment doesn't change when this happens. Only the actual display on the screen is buggy.

Please have a look after this bug. To reproduce it, you can use the backup which I sent you yesterday. The only difference in the video is that I placed an extra FCC Restart icon on the main screen.

Edit: For some reason, I couldn't add the MP4 to the post, so I had to zip it.

Can you please check this version: fcclauncher-3.442_test89.apk
    Long time no see but I got back on the bleeding edge (test 85 from the beta version in the Play store) in the hope of some support for button binding and other goodies on the CSN2 platform. Alas that turns out not to be the case, but overall the test version seems to be a bit snappier and I have not noticed any regression bugs from the Play store version with the exception of the following:

In the test 85 version when I hide the mini-map and then I display it again it stops tracking. Tracking resumes after interacting with the map in any way (for example, enabling the "north always up" option and then reverting to "direction of movement up").
    Hi, thanks for your feedback.

This bug should be fixed in this version: fcclauncher-3.442_test88.apk
    I've also made additional changes to ensure proper Time widget updates
    Faults are one thing but the constant efforts to fix them is first class. Thanks @SpeedFire-
    fcclauncher-3.442_test85.apk
    - MiniMap day/night mode should be fixed
    Several days of reconsidering of the widget update process resulted in this: fcclauncher-3.442_test84.apk
    1) Bug with layout not applied should be fixed.
    2) There was fixed another bug when some already deleted widgets were still in the update list.

We probably need to check the existence of the ANR bug from the beginning, because several parts of the app were modified. Please check the performance of the app - are there any negative / positive changes?
    Hi, all!

Welcome to the official thread for FCC Car Launcher - a customizable auto launcher for android head units (Rockchip MTCB/MTCD+ and FlyAudio) as well as android smartphones/tablets.

Its major features:
    - Full function launcher with supports of all standard third party android widgets
    - Deep integration with head units (MCU etc). My mission here is to implement as many functions in the launcher itself as possible. In case of Rockchip devices to get rid of most xposed modules (my deep respect to their authors, great job, but they sometimes slow down the device significantly) and replace them with the normal built-in functions.
    - Customization. The FCC Cat Launcher has some built-in customizable widgets which can help to make your home screen more personal (you can adjust widgets size, colors, features etc).
    - Built-in music widget with support of FM Radio (with ability to give names to radio stations), Spotify, Google Music, PowerAmp, PC Radio, Neutron and Stellio players.
    - One-click navigation widgets with quick route building (supports Waze, Google Maps, Yandex Navigator and other navigation apps).
    - Phone calls via connected phone using 'Ok Google call [name]' request or by clicking on built-in Contact widget.
    - Other features.

FAQ
    1. I love MiniMap but can you put other navigation app there?
    Unfortunately this is not possible. MiniMap is part of FCC and is based on Google Maps API for Android. It is not another app (not even a Google Maps app), that can be just replaced within the FCC interface. Android does not allow to integrate third party apps (navigation apps) inside another third party apps (FCC Launcher).
    If your head Unit supports Split Screen (ie can display Two apps at the same time), this can be partially done with split screen.

2. Is it possible to cache maps for MiniMap for offline use?
    - Yes. In the latest FCC Launcher beta version you can select Offline Mapbox map and download it to your device.
    - For Google Maps - No. Caching is directly prohibited by Google license for using Google Maps API (MiniMap). Moreover, Google even does not provide developers with such a caching API. Therefore you will need a constant internet connection to use MiniMap. The somewhat good news is that the map itself does some short-term caching on your device, so it saves some data (but not too much).

3. Notifications are only popping up for a split second / flashing. How to fix this?
    That means that animations are disabled on your device.
    - Go to the device's Developer settings: FCC settings - System - Advanced - Developer settings (if it asks for code - it's "7890" for AllWinner T8).
    - Scroll down and change 3 parameters "Window animation scale", "Transition animation scale" and "Animation duration scale" from "Animation off" to "Animation scale 1x".

4. Routing on Google Maps in MiniMap doesn't work. It asks for API key. What should I do?
    - Turn-by-turn navigation in built-in Google Map fragment is directly prohibited by Google. Therefore it is not possible to use it. .However if you have your own Google Developer account (Google Maps API key) you can use it to draw a simple route line on the MiniMap. Please note that it will NOT have any turn-by-turn data like distance to next turn or estimated time of arrival.
    I do not recommend to purchase Google Developer account just for this feature:
    - Google Developer account will cost money for you (a one-off payment) which is reasonable only if you really want to develop android apps.
    - Routing requests cost money. But currently Google provides a 200$ per month free usage for Maps, Routes, and Places every month which should be enough for individual usage.
    Links: Get API key, Pricing. Don't forget to enable Maps API and Directions API in your Google Cloud Console.

Tutorial:

Translation to your language
    Guys, many of you suggested your help with translation of the app to your native languages.
    I have setup a translation project on OneSky site.
    Here is the link: HELP TRANSLATE FCC CAR LAUNCHER

Links:
    Release
    channel: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ru.speedfire.flycontrolcenter
    Beta channel: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/ru.speedfire.flycontrolcenter
    (I would suggest to stick with the release channel since beta channel can be really buggy sometimes and is intended for beta testers only)

As a developer I will be happy to discuss with you any ideas or issues.

Here is a couple of tutorials:
    1) Quick look on home screen setup process:

How to write LogCat log:
    You need to have ROOT:
    1. Install LogCat Extreme LogCat Extreme
    2. Select VERBOSE level of details (very important) Video 1
    3. Write and send log: Video 2

Initial setup (do this if you see black screen):
    Important checkbox during first setup:
    giphy.gif

Please make sure to check that checkbox "Always allow FCC Launcher to add widgets..".

Full setup process:
    giphy.gif
    pity that the developer is not dedicated to solving several bugs of this fantastic launcher, too many bugs for daily use is not so good unfortunately

How the Hell can you say that when @SpeedFire- has dedicated 100's , if not 1000's of hours developing this launcher, and for peanuts !!

I remember a time last year when he was on vacation, and even then, each night he worked on FCC, fixing bugs and greatly improving what was already there.

FCC is probably one of the most COMPLEX apps on Playstore.

My understanding is that he basically developed FCC for HIMSELF, because he was not satisfied with what was currently out there, and was good enough to share his work with anyone wanting to try it.

Because of technical complexities, this launcher is designed and developed for a limited number of Android systems, but that number is increasing all the time as he add new Units to those currently supported.

If you go out and purchase some obscure, budget China unit, that is not supported, you cannot blame anyone but yourself, if then you experience issues.

Just because you paid the developer a few dollars because YOU CHOSE TO DO SO does not mean that you OWN him, and can demand that he jumps at your every call ... it's not his work -- it's his HOBBY -- and you probably knew that going in .. so lighten up and stop giving him such a hard time.

BTW, I am also a developer, and I can tell you, if anyone else got involved in this complex app, it would most likely get totally screwed up, and dye -- that is assuming one could even find someone who would be willing to put in the time for next to nothing, while having the technical ability to actually contribute anything to the project.

Thank you @SpeedFire- for clearly the best Android launcher on the market, and for all your time and dedication in constantly improving it. It is very much appreciated I am sure by the majority of those using it, and you will always have my full support going into the future.
    Guys!
    It seems that I've found the best solution for Normal / Split-Screen modes. Take a look:

Here is a short demo of two modes in the alpha version:
    1) Normal mode - launcher does not support split screen (bad) but behaves as a normal launcher and is not visible in the list of recent apps (good).
    2) Split screen mode - launcher supports 50/50 multi window mode (good) but is visible in the list of recent apps (bad).

Every user can select the preferred mode!
    The app is now returned to the Play Store :)
    New beta is out:
    - All skins are re-designed for 6x10 grid (instead of previous 6x7 grid). You need to re-apply skin if you want to switch to a new skin.
    - You can choose your favourite skin during first time setup process.
    - Time widget has new options to granually change Time and Date font sizes as well as to swap Time and Date positions
    - Re-written code for album arts in Player widget. Hopefully this will fix most issues.
    - Some other fixes.
    - For built-in skins Icons are automatically setup when put on home screen or moved (based on skins' settings for particular Icon slot).
    giphy.gif