• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Fcc Car Launcher [official thread]

What do you want: a split screen functionality or a normal launcher behavior?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

okij

Oct 24, 2012
Düsseldorf
Here is a new version: fcclauncher-3.442_test77.apk
- Fixed redrawing widget when new layout is selected
- Top / bottom layouts fixed (previously icons were too small)
- Player widget layouts fixed
- One fatal error fixed
Thanks a lot. :)

This version fixes the problems with the layout icons and descriptions in the App widget settings, as well as the not starting app when e.g. "Icon only" is selected, as I reported in post #8024. (y)

However, even with test77 I already had an ANR error, as was happening with all recent versions and I already reported several times. :( I again took the Logcat and ANR files for you, please see attachments.

This also means that adding ru.speedfire.flycontrolcenter/com.android.fcclauncher.Launcher to the list of activities that start after boot, as @jeff leggett suggested in post #8032, unfortunately does not fix the ANR errors, because I added this yesterday and it didn't help.

These ANR errors are driving me nuts by now and I really hope that you can fix them soon!

Also I still have an issue with the new Bluetoth widget: After a phone is connected (which then also is properly shown in the BT widget), it sometimes happens that the BT icon changes again its status and only shows "Activated". This shouldn't happen, because the phone is still connected, and never was an issue with the old BT/Wifi widget. IMHO the new BT widget is listening to different (or more) broadcast intents than the old widget, so it reacts to some intent(s) which are not important or are wrongly interpreted. So it could be that the BT widget should not react to an intent "BT activated" if already a phone is connected, because in this case also BT of course already is activated. Please have a look into this.

Player selections no longer work, much less the play, pause, etc. buttons
I cannot reproduce this problem on my head unit, please record a video for @SpeedFire-.

Attachments

• Log_2021-10-20_10-59-14.zip
    76.3 KB · Views: 1
  • anr_2021-10-20.zip
    250.4 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: SpeedFire-

shdwkeeper

Jul 22, 2021
Running into an error message that there is NO MORE room on the screen to add a widget, when there is a space to add a widget. Running test 77 with the Main Screen Widget, where the album art is in the middle of screen.

Thoughts?

SpeedFire-

Oct 11, 2011
Moscow
Running into an error message that there is NO MORE room on the screen to add a widget, when there is a space to add a widget. Running test 77 with the Main Screen Widget, where the album art is in the middle of screen.

Thoughts?
Hold your finger on an empty place. There could be a transparent widget. You can delete it.
You can also add an additional screen by moving the widget to the very bottom of the screen.

kill_one

Oct 27, 2010
I also confirm the problems with the buttons of the widget player also the circular shape has become oval and after the first standby the image is seen square with the circular sign above, and the test77 does not return to the test75, but the image in the album art only layout you can now see it

sanangel

Jul 12, 2014
Burgos
@SpeedFire- I do not know if after so many pages it is answered...

Is it possible to make the music player widget work with the Chinese radio player? It takes me to the Play Store and (obviously), it doesn't exist. I ask because (although I am rooted),
it is impossible for me to replace the radio player with PowerAmp (which is my favorite)

SpeedFire-

Oct 11, 2011
Moscow
@SpeedFire- I do not know if after so many pages it is answered...

Is it possible to make the music player widget work with the Chinese radio player? It takes me to the Play Store and (obviously), it doesn't exist. I ask because (although I am rooted),
it is impossible for me to replace the radio player with PowerAmp (which is my favorite)
You can set any player in the Player Widget. Please see "Quick players" section of this widget.
P.S. Long tap on the widget to go to its settings.

SpeedFire-

Oct 11, 2011
Moscow
I also confirm the problems with the buttons of the widget player also the circular shape has become oval and after the first standby the image is seen square with the circular sign above, and the test77 does not return to the test75, but the image in the album art only layout you can now see it
I can't reproduce the problem with the buttons. Can someone show it on video?
Maybe it occurs only for some specific layouts..

okij

Oct 24, 2012
Düsseldorf
test77

in my case, weather widget when in current weather shows time until sunset !
I have also observed this issue.

Did you try to tap on the widget? It cycles through:
- Sunrise/sunset time
- Time to sunrise/sunset
- Current weather
- 3-hour forecast
No, it doesn't have to do with the cycling.

Sometimes the new Weather widget erratically shows the current weather icon on the left side, but the time until sunset (instead of the temperature) on the right side.

New test version: fcclauncher-3.442_test78.apk
- BT widget fixed: bluetooth states should be shown correctly
- Fixed the issue when launcher disabled Bluetooth on restart.
Thanks a lot, I will try it tomorrow. (y)

Do you have any new insights on the ANR issue? I'm getting tired of posting logs and anr files over and over again for each new test version, without even knowing if they help you.

okij

Oct 24, 2012
Düsseldorf
@SpeedFire- As I already reported, the ANR errors of FCC sometimes are acompanied by crashes of Tasker and I emailed João Dias, the dev of tasker, about this. Here is what he replied me today:

"What I suspect is that the speedfire app may be sending a broadcast with too big a payload to Tasker and thus creating the crash. Do you think that might be it? Do you know the contents of that broadcast?"

Are there any other broadcasts besides ru.speedfire.flycontrolcenter.BT_ACTION being sent by FCC Launcher?

Maybe this could give you a clue about why FCC sometimes freezes with ANR errors?

Please give me some feedback, so I can forward it by email to João. Afaik he's not on xda, unfortunately.

daemondee

Jan 9, 2020
Hello @SpeedFire-. I have problems with auto brightness again. Each time the FCC is restarted (the main unit starts from the beginning), the auto brightness option is disabled. Then I have to enable it manually in the FCC settings menu. Next time it is disabled again. This problem occurs in versions from test70. The last version that works is test69.

SpeedFire-

Oct 11, 2011
Moscow
@SpeedFire- As I already reported, the ANR errors of FCC sometimes are acompanied by crashes of Tasker and I emailed João Dias, the dev of tasker, about this. Here is what he replied me today:

"What I suspect is that the speedfire app may be sending a broadcast with too big a payload to Tasker and thus creating the crash. Do you think that might be it? Do you know the contents of that broadcast?"

Are there any other broadcasts besides ru.speedfire.flycontrolcenter.BT_ACTION being sent by FCC Launcher?

Maybe this could give you a clue about why FCC sometimes freezes with ANR errors?

Please give me some feedback, so I can forward it by email to João. Afaik he's not on xda, unfortunately.
Hi,

The BT_ACTION broadcast is completely empty. It doesn't have any data included. It is just an empty broadcast with the action ru.speedfire.flycontrolcenter.BT_ACTION

I would suggest you to delete Tasker for a couple of days to make sure that this issue has nothing with the Tasker (I assume that the Tasker cannot be blamed for this issue - this is probably the Fcc Launcher which causes it, but it is better to confirm this).

SpeedFire-

Oct 11, 2011
Moscow
Hello @SpeedFire-. I have problems with auto brightness again. Each time the FCC is restarted (the main unit starts from the beginning), the auto brightness option is disabled. Then I have to enable it manually in the FCC settings menu. Next time it is disabled again. This problem occurs in versions from test70. The last version that works is test69.
Thanks. I will check.
Please provide some more details how to reproduce this. How do you understand that auto brightness is disabled?

daemondee

Jan 9, 2020
Thanks. I will check.
Please provide some more details how to reproduce this. How do you understand that auto brightness is disabled?
Thank you.
In the FCC settings - Display is the Auto Brightness option. I have this option turned on and it should be turned on until I turn it off myself. However, in newer test versions, the option does not remain on when FCC restarted. The last test version, where this option remain on when FCC restart, is test69.
I hope this will help you.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Faults are one thing but the constant efforts to fix them is first class. Thanks @SpeedFire-
    Long time no see but I got back on the bleeding edge (test 85 from the beta version in the Play store) in the hope of some support for button binding and other goodies on the CSN2 platform. Alas that turns out not to be the case, but overall the test version seems to be a bit snappier and I have not noticed any regression bugs from the Play store version with the exception of the following:

In the test 85 version when I hide the mini-map and then I display it again it stops tracking. Tracking resumes after interacting with the map in any way (for example, enabling the "north always up" option and then reverting to "direction of movement up").
    Hi, thanks for your feedback.

This bug should be fixed in this version: fcclauncher-3.442_test88.apk
    I've also made additional changes to ensure proper Time widget updates
    Thanks, the initial App widget settings bug is fixed in test87. :)

As I already mentioned yesterday, there's now a bug with the text alignment of App widgets, which doesn't stick and changes erratically when restarting FCC, please see attached video.

On my main FCC screen that you see in the video, I have the widget text "Wetter" right aligned and "Radar" left aligned to have them next to each other but look like one text field. The same applies to "Mod" which I have right aligned and "Einst." which I have left aligned.

At the start of the video, you see that they are properly displayed. At 00:14, 00:26 and 00:40 in the video you see different variations of these texts not being properly aligned, thus showing gapps between the texts.

In the settings of these widgets, the text alignment doesn't change when this happens. Only the actual display on the screen is buggy.

Please have a look after this bug. To reproduce it, you can use the backup which I sent you yesterday. The only difference in the video is that I placed an extra FCC Restart icon on the main screen.

Edit: For some reason, I couldn't add the MP4 to the post, so I had to zip it.

Can you please check this version: fcclauncher-3.442_test89.apk
    Several days of reconsidering of the widget update process resulted in this: fcclauncher-3.442_test84.apk
    1) Bug with layout not applied should be fixed.
    2) There was fixed another bug when some already deleted widgets were still in the update list.

We probably need to check the existence of the ANR bug from the beginning, because several parts of the app were modified. Please check the performance of the app - are there any negative / positive changes?
    fcclauncher-3.442_test85.apk
    - MiniMap day/night mode should be fixed
    Hi, all!

Welcome to the official thread for FCC Car Launcher - a customizable auto launcher for android head units (Rockchip MTCB/MTCD+ and FlyAudio) as well as android smartphones/tablets.

Its major features:
    - Full function launcher with supports of all standard third party android widgets
    - Deep integration with head units (MCU etc). My mission here is to implement as many functions in the launcher itself as possible. In case of Rockchip devices to get rid of most xposed modules (my deep respect to their authors, great job, but they sometimes slow down the device significantly) and replace them with the normal built-in functions.
    - Customization. The FCC Cat Launcher has some built-in customizable widgets which can help to make your home screen more personal (you can adjust widgets size, colors, features etc).
    - Built-in music widget with support of FM Radio (with ability to give names to radio stations), Spotify, Google Music, PowerAmp, PC Radio, Neutron and Stellio players.
    - One-click navigation widgets with quick route building (supports Waze, Google Maps, Yandex Navigator and other navigation apps).
    - Phone calls via connected phone using 'Ok Google call [name]' request or by clicking on built-in Contact widget.
    - Other features.

FAQ
    1. I love MiniMap but can you put other navigation app there?
    Unfortunately this is not possible. MiniMap is part of FCC and is based on Google Maps API for Android. It is not another app (not even a Google Maps app), that can be just replaced within the FCC interface. Android does not allow to integrate third party apps (navigation apps) inside another third party apps (FCC Launcher).
    If your head Unit supports Split Screen (ie can display Two apps at the same time), this can be partially done with split screen.

2. Is it possible to cache maps for MiniMap for offline use?
    - Yes. In the latest FCC Launcher beta version you can select Offline Mapbox map and download it to your device.
    - For Google Maps - No. Caching is directly prohibited by Google license for using Google Maps API (MiniMap). Moreover, Google even does not provide developers with such a caching API. Therefore you will need a constant internet connection to use MiniMap. The somewhat good news is that the map itself does some short-term caching on your device, so it saves some data (but not too much).

3. Notifications are only popping up for a split second / flashing. How to fix this?
    That means that animations are disabled on your device.
    - Go to the device's Developer settings: FCC settings - System - Advanced - Developer settings (if it asks for code - it's "7890" for AllWinner T8).
    - Scroll down and change 3 parameters "Window animation scale", "Transition animation scale" and "Animation duration scale" from "Animation off" to "Animation scale 1x".

4. Routing on Google Maps in MiniMap doesn't work. It asks for API key. What should I do?
    - Turn-by-turn navigation in built-in Google Map fragment is directly prohibited by Google. Therefore it is not possible to use it. .However if you have your own Google Developer account (Google Maps API key) you can use it to draw a simple route line on the MiniMap. Please note that it will NOT have any turn-by-turn data like distance to next turn or estimated time of arrival.
    I do not recommend to purchase Google Developer account just for this feature:
    - Google Developer account will cost money for you (a one-off payment) which is reasonable only if you really want to develop android apps.
    - Routing requests cost money. But currently Google provides a 200$ per month free usage for Maps, Routes, and Places every month which should be enough for individual usage.
    Links: Get API key, Pricing. Don't forget to enable Maps API and Directions API in your Google Cloud Console.

Tutorial:

Translation to your language
    Guys, many of you suggested your help with translation of the app to your native languages.
    I have setup a translation project on OneSky site.
    Here is the link: HELP TRANSLATE FCC CAR LAUNCHER

Links:
    Release
    channel: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ru.speedfire.flycontrolcenter
    Beta channel: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/ru.speedfire.flycontrolcenter
    (I would suggest to stick with the release channel since beta channel can be really buggy sometimes and is intended for beta testers only)

As a developer I will be happy to discuss with you any ideas or issues.

Here is a couple of tutorials:
    1) Quick look on home screen setup process:

How to write LogCat log:
    You need to have ROOT:
    1. Install LogCat Extreme LogCat Extreme
    2. Select VERBOSE level of details (very important) Video 1
    3. Write and send log: Video 2

Initial setup (do this if you see black screen):
    Important checkbox during first setup:
    giphy.gif

Please make sure to check that checkbox "Always allow FCC Launcher to add widgets..".

Full setup process:
    giphy.gif
    pity that the developer is not dedicated to solving several bugs of this fantastic launcher, too many bugs for daily use is not so good unfortunately

How the Hell can you say that when @SpeedFire- has dedicated 100's , if not 1000's of hours developing this launcher, and for peanuts !!

I remember a time last year when he was on vacation, and even then, each night he worked on FCC, fixing bugs and greatly improving what was already there.

FCC is probably one of the most COMPLEX apps on Playstore.

My understanding is that he basically developed FCC for HIMSELF, because he was not satisfied with what was currently out there, and was good enough to share his work with anyone wanting to try it.

Because of technical complexities, this launcher is designed and developed for a limited number of Android systems, but that number is increasing all the time as he add new Units to those currently supported.

If you go out and purchase some obscure, budget China unit, that is not supported, you cannot blame anyone but yourself, if then you experience issues.

Just because you paid the developer a few dollars because YOU CHOSE TO DO SO does not mean that you OWN him, and can demand that he jumps at your every call ... it's not his work -- it's his HOBBY -- and you probably knew that going in .. so lighten up and stop giving him such a hard time.

BTW, I am also a developer, and I can tell you, if anyone else got involved in this complex app, it would most likely get totally screwed up, and dye -- that is assuming one could even find someone who would be willing to put in the time for next to nothing, while having the technical ability to actually contribute anything to the project.

Thank you @SpeedFire- for clearly the best Android launcher on the market, and for all your time and dedication in constantly improving it. It is very much appreciated I am sure by the majority of those using it, and you will always have my full support going into the future.
    Guys!
    It seems that I've found the best solution for Normal / Split-Screen modes. Take a look:

Here is a short demo of two modes in the alpha version:
    1) Normal mode - launcher does not support split screen (bad) but behaves as a normal launcher and is not visible in the list of recent apps (good).
    2) Split screen mode - launcher supports 50/50 multi window mode (good) but is visible in the list of recent apps (bad).

Every user can select the preferred mode!
    The app is now returned to the Play Store :)
    New beta is out:
    - All skins are re-designed for 6x10 grid (instead of previous 6x7 grid). You need to re-apply skin if you want to switch to a new skin.
    - You can choose your favourite skin during first time setup process.
    - Time widget has new options to granually change Time and Date font sizes as well as to swap Time and Date positions
    - Re-written code for album arts in Player widget. Hopefully this will fix most issues.
    - Some other fixes.
    - For built-in skins Icons are automatically setup when put on home screen or moved (based on skins' settings for particular Icon slot).
    giphy.gif