• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Fcc Car Launcher [official thread]

What do you want: a split screen functionality or a normal launcher behavior?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

kill_one

Oct 27, 2010
I don't know if I did well (I put play on the log and then I performed the various steps then I went back to the log that I stopped and saved on sdcard) but these are the logs I generated with the test78 version, I also attach the videos of the problems that give, with the test78 the widget player no longer displays the covers or does not update them, the play button does not change state the player selection keys do not respond and often the fourth by default does not appear, then it behaves differently with the various layouts of the widget, the progress bar does not work and displays the square image instead of circular, also I tried to reassign the buttons on the steering wheel and now it no longer locks but returns but simply closes the settings window

Attachments

• IMG_20211021_200124.jpg
    IMG_20211021_200124.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 28
  • VID_20211021_195842.mp4
    95.7 MB · Views: 0
  • VID_20211021_200149.mp4
    225.3 MB · Views: 0
  • LogcatX.zip
    244.4 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: okij

SpeedFire-

Oct 11, 2011
Moscow
Can you try to reboot your device completely? Looks like notification service was killed.
I don't know if I did well (I put play on the log and then I performed the various steps then I went back to the log that I stopped and saved on sdcard) but these are the logs I generated with the test78 version, I also attach the videos of the problems that give, with the test78 the widget player no longer displays the covers or does not update them, the play button does not change state the player selection keys do not respond and often the fourth by default does not appear, then it behaves differently with the various layouts of the widget, the progress bar does not work and displays the square image instead of circular, also I tried to reassign the buttons on the steering wheel and now it no longer locks but returns but simply closes the settings window

Reactions: kill_one

okij

Oct 24, 2012
Düsseldorf
Hi,

The BT_ACTION broadcast is completely empty. It doesn't have any data included. It is just an empty broadcast with the action ru.speedfire.flycontrolcenter.BT_ACTION

I would suggest you to delete Tasker for a couple of days to make sure that this issue has nothing with the Tasker (I assume that the Tasker cannot be blamed for this issue - this is probably the Fcc Launcher which causes it, but it is better to confirm this).
Thanks, I forwarded this to the dev of Tasker.

I now disabled Tasker and will see if the ANR issue does not occur for the next 5-7 days. However, as you said you also have ANR issues on your setup, and also @tonimontoia reported them, e.g. here including a screenshot of it, so I'm quite sure that the ANR issue is not Tasker related.

Today I kept a look on the Bluetooth widget and it seems to be fixed in test78, thank's again!

This afternoon the graphical update of the Player widget stopped updating, but it was still reacting to button presses on it. I restarted FCC to get the Plyer widget working again. Please let me know if you want to see the Logcat, then I'll go to my car and save it for you.

Last edited:
Reactions: tonimontoia

daemondee

Jan 9, 2020
New test version: fcclauncher-3.442_test79.apk
- Player widget not responding fixed
- Brightness widget icon fixed
Some optimisations for phones:
- Screen orientation is locked in landscape by default. This can be changed in Settings
- Incorrect text scaling fixed when rotated between portrait <-> landscape modes.
@SpeedFire-
Thank you, I tried a new test version, but the Auto Brightness feature still doesn't work properly.
Since there is the new brightness widget available, two Auto Brightness options are available. One is in the FCC Settings - Display - Auto Brightness menu, and the other one in the brightness widget itself (long press on the icon and there is Auto Brightness checkbox). In the test69 version, I have both checkbox checked and when the FCC restarts (when I start the car) both also stay on and the brightness is set automatically immediately.
For newer test versions, after FCC restart, the Auto Brightness checkbox in the FCC Settings - Display menu is unchecked. So the FCC does not remember this setting. However, the Auto Brightness checkbox on the brightness widget remains checked, but apparently this checkbox doesn’t affect that, as auto brightness doesn’t work. If I want it to work properly, I have to either check Auto Brightness checkbox in the FCC Settings - Display menu or set the brightness widget icon to Auto after every FCC restart.

SpeedFire-

Oct 11, 2011
Moscow
@SpeedFire-
Thank you, I tried a new test version, but the Auto Brightness feature still doesn't work properly.
Since there is the new brightness widget available, two Auto Brightness options are available. One is in the FCC Settings - Display - Auto Brightness menu, and the other one in the brightness widget itself (long press on the icon and there is Auto Brightness checkbox). In the test69 version, I have both checkbox checked and when the FCC restarts (when I start the car) both also stay on and the brightness is set automatically immediately.
For newer test versions, after FCC restart, the Auto Brightness checkbox in the FCC Settings - Display menu is unchecked. So the FCC does not remember this setting. However, the Auto Brightness checkbox on the brightness widget remains checked, but apparently this checkbox doesn’t affect that, as auto brightness doesn’t work. If I want it to work properly, I have to either check Auto Brightness checkbox in the FCC Settings - Display menu or set the brightness widget icon to Auto after every FCC restart.
Hi,

Thanks for the report. What device do you have? I checked this on a Android phone and auto brightness option saves and applies correctly.

daemondee

Jan 9, 2020
Hi,

Thanks for the report. What device do you have? I checked this on a Android phone and auto brightness option saves and applies correctly.
I have CSN2 device. I also removed cache before test.
I don’t know what’s wrong, I hope you can figure it out. I just know that whenever I then go back to version test69, the auto brightness there works perfectly.

okij

Oct 24, 2012
Düsseldorf
New test version: fcclauncher-3.442_test79.apk
- Player widget not responding fixed
- Brightness widget icon fixed
Some optimisations for phones:
- Screen orientation is locked in landscape by default. This can be changed in Settings
- Incorrect text scaling fixed when rotated between portrait <-> landscape modes.
Thank you!

I tried test79 and the Player widget and the Brightness widget are working fine on my MTCE device, but I didn't have problems with these in the last test release either.

Unfortunately a bug that has been fixed in one of the last test test relases is back: The App widget does not open the associated app if certain app layouts are chosen, e.g. the "Icon left, text right" is working fine, whereas the "Only icon" layout does not work.

Also I encountered a force close when adding an App widget. After the fc and restarting FCC, the app widget was placed correctly.

Last edited:

ric69

Jan 3, 2007
Hello fcc restart each time on last beta 79 after 10 sec or so . I tried to wipe cache on px30

kill_one

Oct 27, 2010
with the test79 it now crashes when I try to remap the buttons on the steering wheel.

I attach log

Attachments

• Log_2021-10-26_09-02-02.zip
    37.6 KB · Views: 3

okij

Oct 24, 2012
Düsseldorf
New test version - fcclauncher-3.442_test80.apk
- Fixed icon was not clickable bug in some layouts
- Auto-brightness possible fix
- Old "BT and WiFi" widget is replaced with "BT only" widget - you need to manually add BT widget if you used it in previous test versions
- Some crashes fixed
Thanks, as always! :)

I can confirm that the "icon not clickable bug" is fixed. Also I successfully placed and configured the new BT widget.

There still is a bug when placing App widgets: After placing, the layout is not correctly shown (e.g. only text instead of icon + text). Even after changing the layout in the Widget settings and pressing OK, the layout is not correctly shown, e.g. I set it to "Icon only" but it still showed only text. Only after resizing the App widget back and forth the correct chosen layout is shown.

The first time I placed an App widget and opened its settings, FCC froze and I got ANR errors. I attached them and the associated LogCat for you to have a look what went wrong.

I currently have Tasker disabled - as you asked me to -, so this ANR error cannot be Tasker related. I don't know if today it was the same ANR issue that I usually encounter after waking up the head unit, so please have a look and tell me what you think.

The second time I placed an App widget it went OK and I didn't get ANR errors.

Still I have the feeling that those ANR errors might be related to the reworked widgets.

Attachments

• anr_2021-10-26.zip
    171.5 KB · Views: 4
  • Log_2021-10-26_13-16-36.zip
    82.9 KB · Views: 2

daemondee

Jan 9, 2020
New test version - fcclauncher-3.442_test80.apk
- Fixed icon was not clickable bug in some layouts
- Auto-brightness possible fix
- Old "BT and WiFi" widget is replaced with "BT only" widget - you need to manually add BT widget if you used it in previous test versions
- Some crashes fixed
Thank you for the new version.

I tried the latest version and here are my findings about Auto Brightness on CSN2 unit.

At first I just installed the new version and Auto Brightness didn't work - the FCC didn't remember the setting after rebooting.

Then I played around a bit with the settings in the brightness widget and in the "Brightness - Select which levels to cycle through on tap" section I left only Auto brightness selected. Then I rebooted the head unit and the FCC remembered this setting. I tried it twice and it worked both times. :)

Tomorow, when I have more time, I will try to gradually turn on the other options. I will report to you.

SpeedFire-

Oct 11, 2011
Moscow
Still I have the feeling that those ANR errors might be related to the reworked widgets.
I think you're right. I have a test android phone (Samsung) with Fcc installed. If the screen is locked for a small time (several minutes) there are no issues when I unlock it.
But sometimes when it is locked for several hours I also see ANR when unlocked. During this time there are lots and lots of records from Fcc in LogCat every second. Looks like there is some loop (circular reference) running constantly. I still need to find its cause and find out why it starts after a long time only.

Reactions: dape16 and okij

okij

Oct 24, 2012
Düsseldorf
I think you're right. I have a test android phone (Samsung) with Fcc installed. If the screen is locked for a small time (several minutes) there are no issues when I unlock it.
But sometimes when it is locked for several hours I also see ANR when unlocked. During this time there are lots and lots of records from Fcc in LogCat every second. Looks like there is some loop (circular reference) running constantly. I still need to find its cause and find out why it starts after a long time only.
Thanks for your feedback!

Just please note that the ANR errors sometimes happen after parking the car over night, sometimes after parking for just 1-2 hours, so I cannot confirm a relation to the deep sleep time.

I hope that you can find and fix the root cause soon. 🤞

P.S. Please have a look into my today's logs, as I can see that they haven't been downloaded yet. ;)

daemondee

Jan 9, 2020
Hello @SpeedFire-

Today Auto Brigtness is not working again. I tried it several times with only Auto Brightness selected in the widget settings but it didn’t work.

I also noticed that the widget icon does not appear after FCC launch. I have to touch that space, where it's supposed to be, and then icon appears and auto brightness turns on immediately.

okij

Oct 24, 2012
Düsseldorf
@SpeedFire- Another bug that I noticed in test80 (and likely also happened in some test versions before) is that the Minimap currently doesn't automatically switch between day and night mode.

It only switches when opening the Minimap settings. Then it switches instantly, without pressing any button.

Please have a look after this.

okij

Oct 24, 2012
Düsseldorf
@SpeedFire- This noon I had an ANR error again with test80, with Tasker still disabled. :(

I ignored the first ANR message and FCC itself still worked, but e.g. the Player widget didn't update anymore and the Minimap became stuttery.

Then, after parking the car for ten minutes and starting it again, the FCC didn't show anything but the background image and I restarted FCC on the second ANR prompt. This was the usual behaviour I already experienced and reported many times when I had Tasker still enabled, so IMHO it's definitely not caused by Tasker and I will now enable Tasker again.

I saved and attached the ANR files and the Logcat for a last time for now. But please have a look at them, since maybe you can see something why first the Player widget froze and caused the ANR error at 2021-10-27, 12-59-51 o'clock. Maybe the Player widget is the culprit and a loop (circular reference), as you assumed, is caused by it and eventually causes the ANR of the whole launcher.

I will only provide further logs and ANR files if something seems different and worth mentioning.

Please tell me if I can provide you with any further infos, since this bug IMHO currently ist the worst issue of FCC and should be fixed as soon as possible, because it's a really bad user experience. (Yes, I know that we are on beta versions and that you said that ANR issues are hard to track down :) ).

Attachments

• Log_2021-10-27_13-13-06.zip
    98.7 KB · Views: 1
  • anr_2021-10-27.zip
    253.6 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

SpeedFire-

Oct 11, 2011
Moscow
@SpeedFire- This noon I had an ANR error again with test80, with Tasker still disabled. :(

I ignored the first ANR message and FCC itself still worked, but e.g. the Player widget didn't update anymore and the Minimap became stuttery.

Then, after parking the car for ten minutes and starting it again, the FCC didn't show anything but the background image and I restarted FCC on the second ANR prompt. This was the usual behaviour I already experienced and reported many times when I had Tasker still enabled, so IMHO it's definitely not caused by Tasker and I will now enable Tasker again.

I saved and attached the ANR files and the Logcat for a last time for now. But please have a look at them, since maybe you can see something why first the Player widget froze and caused the ANR error at 2021-10-27, 12-59-51 o'clock. Maybe the Player widget is the culprit and a loop (circular reference), as you assumed, is caused by it and eventually causes the ANR of the whole launcher.

I will only provide further logs and ANR files if something seems different and worth mentioning.

Please tell me if I can provide you with any further infos, since this bug IMHO currently ist the worst issue of FCC and should be fixed as soon as possible, because it's a really bad user experience. (Yes, I know that we are on beta versions and that you said that ANR issues are hard to track down :) ).
Hi, thanks!

Here is the version for you. I fixed one bug which could cause excessive cycles in BT widget. But I don't know if it was the only one. I'm waiting for ANR on my test device (which takes time as you know).

Actually I think there should be more bugs causing ANR. But let's try this for now: fcclauncher-3.442_test81.apk

Update: ANR bug is still there...

Reactions: okij

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks, the initial App widget settings bug is fixed in test87. :)

As I already mentioned yesterday, there's now a bug with the text alignment of App widgets, which doesn't stick and changes erratically when restarting FCC, please see attached video.

On my main FCC screen that you see in the video, I have the widget text "Wetter" right aligned and "Radar" left aligned to have them next to each other but look like one text field. The same applies to "Mod" which I have right aligned and "Einst." which I have left aligned.

At the start of the video, you see that they are properly displayed. At 00:14, 00:26 and 00:40 in the video you see different variations of these texts not being properly aligned, thus showing gapps between the texts.

In the settings of these widgets, the text alignment doesn't change when this happens. Only the actual display on the screen is buggy.

Please have a look after this bug. To reproduce it, you can use the backup which I sent you yesterday. The only difference in the video is that I placed an extra FCC Restart icon on the main screen.

Edit: For some reason, I couldn't add the MP4 to the post, so I had to zip it.

Can you please check this version: fcclauncher-3.442_test89.apk
    Long time no see but I got back on the bleeding edge (test 85 from the beta version in the Play store) in the hope of some support for button binding and other goodies on the CSN2 platform. Alas that turns out not to be the case, but overall the test version seems to be a bit snappier and I have not noticed any regression bugs from the Play store version with the exception of the following:

In the test 85 version when I hide the mini-map and then I display it again it stops tracking. Tracking resumes after interacting with the map in any way (for example, enabling the "north always up" option and then reverting to "direction of movement up").
    Hi, thanks for your feedback.

This bug should be fixed in this version: fcclauncher-3.442_test88.apk
    I've also made additional changes to ensure proper Time widget updates
    Faults are one thing but the constant efforts to fix them is first class. Thanks @SpeedFire-
    Several days of reconsidering of the widget update process resulted in this: fcclauncher-3.442_test84.apk
    1) Bug with layout not applied should be fixed.
    2) There was fixed another bug when some already deleted widgets were still in the update list.

We probably need to check the existence of the ANR bug from the beginning, because several parts of the app were modified. Please check the performance of the app - are there any negative / positive changes?
    fcclauncher-3.442_test85.apk
    - MiniMap day/night mode should be fixed
    Hi, all!

Welcome to the official thread for FCC Car Launcher - a customizable auto launcher for android head units (Rockchip MTCB/MTCD+ and FlyAudio) as well as android smartphones/tablets.

Its major features:
    - Full function launcher with supports of all standard third party android widgets
    - Deep integration with head units (MCU etc). My mission here is to implement as many functions in the launcher itself as possible. In case of Rockchip devices to get rid of most xposed modules (my deep respect to their authors, great job, but they sometimes slow down the device significantly) and replace them with the normal built-in functions.
    - Customization. The FCC Cat Launcher has some built-in customizable widgets which can help to make your home screen more personal (you can adjust widgets size, colors, features etc).
    - Built-in music widget with support of FM Radio (with ability to give names to radio stations), Spotify, Google Music, PowerAmp, PC Radio, Neutron and Stellio players.
    - One-click navigation widgets with quick route building (supports Waze, Google Maps, Yandex Navigator and other navigation apps).
    - Phone calls via connected phone using 'Ok Google call [name]' request or by clicking on built-in Contact widget.
    - Other features.

FAQ
    1. I love MiniMap but can you put other navigation app there?
    Unfortunately this is not possible. MiniMap is part of FCC and is based on Google Maps API for Android. It is not another app (not even a Google Maps app), that can be just replaced within the FCC interface. Android does not allow to integrate third party apps (navigation apps) inside another third party apps (FCC Launcher).
    If your head Unit supports Split Screen (ie can display Two apps at the same time), this can be partially done with split screen.

2. Is it possible to cache maps for MiniMap for offline use?
    - Yes. In the latest FCC Launcher beta version you can select Offline Mapbox map and download it to your device.
    - For Google Maps - No. Caching is directly prohibited by Google license for using Google Maps API (MiniMap). Moreover, Google even does not provide developers with such a caching API. Therefore you will need a constant internet connection to use MiniMap. The somewhat good news is that the map itself does some short-term caching on your device, so it saves some data (but not too much).

3. Notifications are only popping up for a split second / flashing. How to fix this?
    That means that animations are disabled on your device.
    - Go to the device's Developer settings: FCC settings - System - Advanced - Developer settings (if it asks for code - it's "7890" for AllWinner T8).
    - Scroll down and change 3 parameters "Window animation scale", "Transition animation scale" and "Animation duration scale" from "Animation off" to "Animation scale 1x".

4. Routing on Google Maps in MiniMap doesn't work. It asks for API key. What should I do?
    - Turn-by-turn navigation in built-in Google Map fragment is directly prohibited by Google. Therefore it is not possible to use it. .However if you have your own Google Developer account (Google Maps API key) you can use it to draw a simple route line on the MiniMap. Please note that it will NOT have any turn-by-turn data like distance to next turn or estimated time of arrival.
    I do not recommend to purchase Google Developer account just for this feature:
    - Google Developer account will cost money for you (a one-off payment) which is reasonable only if you really want to develop android apps.
    - Routing requests cost money. But currently Google provides a 200$ per month free usage for Maps, Routes, and Places every month which should be enough for individual usage.
    Links: Get API key, Pricing. Don't forget to enable Maps API and Directions API in your Google Cloud Console.

Tutorial:

Translation to your language
    Guys, many of you suggested your help with translation of the app to your native languages.
    I have setup a translation project on OneSky site.
    Here is the link: HELP TRANSLATE FCC CAR LAUNCHER

Links:
    Release
    channel: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ru.speedfire.flycontrolcenter
    Beta channel: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/ru.speedfire.flycontrolcenter
    (I would suggest to stick with the release channel since beta channel can be really buggy sometimes and is intended for beta testers only)

As a developer I will be happy to discuss with you any ideas or issues.

Here is a couple of tutorials:
    1) Quick look on home screen setup process:

How to write LogCat log:
    You need to have ROOT:
    1. Install LogCat Extreme LogCat Extreme
    2. Select VERBOSE level of details (very important) Video 1
    3. Write and send log: Video 2

Initial setup (do this if you see black screen):
    Important checkbox during first setup:
    giphy.gif

Please make sure to check that checkbox "Always allow FCC Launcher to add widgets..".

Full setup process:
    giphy.gif
    pity that the developer is not dedicated to solving several bugs of this fantastic launcher, too many bugs for daily use is not so good unfortunately

How the Hell can you say that when @SpeedFire- has dedicated 100's , if not 1000's of hours developing this launcher, and for peanuts !!

I remember a time last year when he was on vacation, and even then, each night he worked on FCC, fixing bugs and greatly improving what was already there.

FCC is probably one of the most COMPLEX apps on Playstore.

My understanding is that he basically developed FCC for HIMSELF, because he was not satisfied with what was currently out there, and was good enough to share his work with anyone wanting to try it.

Because of technical complexities, this launcher is designed and developed for a limited number of Android systems, but that number is increasing all the time as he add new Units to those currently supported.

If you go out and purchase some obscure, budget China unit, that is not supported, you cannot blame anyone but yourself, if then you experience issues.

Just because you paid the developer a few dollars because YOU CHOSE TO DO SO does not mean that you OWN him, and can demand that he jumps at your every call ... it's not his work -- it's his HOBBY -- and you probably knew that going in .. so lighten up and stop giving him such a hard time.

BTW, I am also a developer, and I can tell you, if anyone else got involved in this complex app, it would most likely get totally screwed up, and dye -- that is assuming one could even find someone who would be willing to put in the time for next to nothing, while having the technical ability to actually contribute anything to the project.

Thank you @SpeedFire- for clearly the best Android launcher on the market, and for all your time and dedication in constantly improving it. It is very much appreciated I am sure by the majority of those using it, and you will always have my full support going into the future.
    Guys!
    It seems that I've found the best solution for Normal / Split-Screen modes. Take a look:

Here is a short demo of two modes in the alpha version:
    1) Normal mode - launcher does not support split screen (bad) but behaves as a normal launcher and is not visible in the list of recent apps (good).
    2) Split screen mode - launcher supports 50/50 multi window mode (good) but is visible in the list of recent apps (bad).

Every user can select the preferred mode!
    The app is now returned to the Play Store :)
    New beta is out:
    - All skins are re-designed for 6x10 grid (instead of previous 6x7 grid). You need to re-apply skin if you want to switch to a new skin.
    - You can choose your favourite skin during first time setup process.
    - Time widget has new options to granually change Time and Date font sizes as well as to swap Time and Date positions
    - Re-written code for album arts in Player widget. Hopefully this will fix most issues.
    - Some other fixes.
    - For built-in skins Icons are automatically setup when put on home screen or moved (based on skins' settings for particular Icon slot).
    giphy.gif