• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Fcc Car Launcher [official thread]

What do you want: a split screen functionality or a normal launcher behavior?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

okij

Oct 24, 2012
Düsseldorf
Btw I wasn't able to reproduce the bug with weather widget. Are there any suggested steps to reproduce it?
Ok, here are reliable steps to reproduce it:
  1. Cycle trough the widget until the current weather is displayed.
  2. Wait for max. 1 minute.
  3. Next to the icon, now the time until sunset/sunrise is displayed.
The same bug happens after cycling until the time until sunset/sunrise is displayed and waiting for max. 1 minute. Then the display shows the hour+minute of sunset/sunrise.

In summary, it seems that after cycling, the next time or temperature update of the previous widget display is shown in the current widget display, that's why you have to wait max. 1 minute until the next time update. Temperature of course can take much longer to update.

Please let us know if you can reproduce it.

BTW, still no ANRs on test83, but please let me check it for two more days to be sure that the ANRs are definitely not happening anymore.

tonimontoia

Feb 18, 2009
always the same problem for months, I do not place the log so much does not open it, I have seen the other logs never opened by the author

Attachments

• IMG_20211103_093451.jpg
    IMG_20211103_093451.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 33

okij

Oct 24, 2012
Düsseldorf
That's strange, because I didn't have ANR (application not responding) errors with test83 yet and currently I think that @SpeedFire- fixed this issue in test83. In test82 and before widget instances were added several times, which most likely lead to ANR errors.

So if you have ANR errors on test83 and really want to help @SpeedFire- to fix this, you have to provide more details about how often and under which circumstances the ANR errors happen. Probably you also should post some Logcat and ANR logs, even if @SpeedFire- doesn't look into all of them (which also applies to some logs that I posted, but which is OK if there are no new insights he can get from them).

The only thing that doesn't help is if you just write some unpolite posts here on this forum. At least they look unpolite at times, but maybe because of your knowledge of the English language.

tonimontoia

Feb 18, 2009
That's strange, because I didn't have ANR (application not responding) errors with test83 yet and currently I think that @SpeedFire- fixed this issue in test83. In test82 and before widget instances were added several times, which most likely lead to ANR errors.

So if you have ANR errors on test83 and really want to help @SpeedFire- to fix this, you have to provide more details about how often and under which circumstances the ANR errors happen. Probably you also should post some Logcat and ANR logs, even if @SpeedFire- doesn't look into all of them (which also applies to some logs that I posted, but which is OK if there are no new insights he can get from them).

The only thing that doesn't help is if you just write some unpolite posts here on this forum. At least they look unpolite at times, but maybe because of your knowledge of the English language.
if I write unpolite things are the translations, I don't know English at all

okij

Oct 24, 2012
Düsseldorf
@SpeedFire-: Test83 still works without slowdowns or ANR errors on my PX6 MTCE head unit. I will check it for one more day, but so far it looks good! (y)

@speedfire another stop of the many this morning if you want to give an eye attached to the log thanks
The log you posted is from 5th September 2021, so it definitely cannot be made with the latest test83 version.

Please download fcclauncher-3.442_test83.apk from post #8,086 and only do tests and posts logs when you are using the latest version.

If you still encounter ANR (= app not responding) errors, please also provide the ANR log files to @SpeedFire-, which you find in folder /data/anr/ on the internal memory, as is written in post #8,001. Those ANR logs are important to identify what went wrong and lead to the freeze of FFC Launcher.

And please use punctuation (commas, periods, etc.), because your posts are sometimes difficult to read and puncuation also helps the online translators to give a proper translation. Thanks.

tonimontoia

Feb 18, 2009
@SpeedFire-: Test83 still works without slowdowns or ANR errors on my PX6 MTCE head unit. I will check it for one more day, but so far it looks good! (y)

The log you posted is from 5th September 2021, so it definitely cannot be made with the latest test83 version.

Please download fcclauncher-3.442_test83.apk from post #8,086 and only do tests and posts logs when you are using the latest version.

If you still encounter ANR (= app not responding) errors, please also provide the ANR log files to @SpeedFire-, which you find in folder /data/anr/ on the internal memory, as is written in post #8,001. Those ANR logs are important to identify what went wrong and lead to the freeze of FFC Launcher.

And please use punctuation (commas, periods, etc.), because your posts are sometimes difficult to read and puncuation also helps the online translators to give a proper translation. Thanks.
Ho sbagliato log

and this I have not changed The date on the file I forgot

okij

Oct 24, 2012
Düsseldorf
Ho sbagliato log

and this I have not changed The date on the file I forgot
Sorry, I don't really understand what you mean. You still don't use punctuation and you don't seem to want to write in a way that others can read and understand. I'm about to give up on reading your posts an on giving you some well-meant advice. :(

The log you posted this morning is definitely from 5th September, this can also be seen inside the logfile itself.

tonimontoia

Feb 18, 2009
Sorry, I don't really understand what you mean. You still don't use punctuation and you don't seem to want to write in a way that others can read and understand. I'm about to give up on reading your posts an on giving you some well-meant advice. :(

The log you posted this morning is definitely from 5th September, this can also be seen inside the logfile itself.
the log I posted and this morning, I didnt understand why he wrote another date,I checked again there are no logs of other days, tomorrow I would do another log again lets see if it is corrected,If the translators write wrong its not my fault, as if you come to an Italian Forum and translate cute you not knowing The language trusts no?

okij

Oct 24, 2012
Düsseldorf
the log I posted and this morning, I didnt understand why he wrote another date,I checked again there are no logs of other days, tomorrow I would do another log again lets see if it is corrected,
OK, but
  1. Please make sure that you really use the latest fcclauncher-3.442_test83.apk from post #8,086. I somehow doubt this because with test83 I didn't get ANR errors yet.
  2. Please also provide the ANR log files from folder /data/anr/ on the internal memory to @SpeedFire-.
If the translators write wrong its not my fault, as if you come to an Italian Forum and translate cute you not knowing The language trusts no?
No, but I doubt that you use Deepl Translator, as I recommended you, because then the translation would be better.

And also the translators need proper punctuation to understand what you mean and provide a correct translation.

It is a huge difference if you write: "Come on, we eat, grandma." or: "Come on we eat grandma" (Please click on the links to get the Italian translation from Deepl Translator, so you understand what I mean.) Punctuation doesn't only make texts readable but also can save lives. ;)

It's fair enough if you are not a native English speaker and have to use a translator - there a lot of users on XDA doing this. But please don't be lazy when posting here and make sure that the dev and the other users understand you.

Reactions: tonimontoia

SpeedFire-

Oct 11, 2011
Moscow
Several days of reconsidering of the widget update process resulted in this: fcclauncher-3.442_test84.apk
1) Bug with layout not applied should be fixed.
2) There was fixed another bug when some already deleted widgets were still in the update list.

We probably need to check the existence of the ANR bug from the beginning, because several parts of the app were modified. Please check the performance of the app - are there any negative / positive changes?

okij

Oct 24, 2012
Düsseldorf
Another important bug is fixed here: fcclauncher-3.442_test83.apk
Widget instances were added several times (on each launcher resume) so there were excessive updates. Now they are added only once. I don't know if this will fix ANR but this will definitely help with overall performance.

Update: works good so far!
After a week of using test83 (i.e. 5 days of using my car with about 4 times per day of waking the head unit from sleep) I'm happy to report that I had no ANR errors and no force closes. With previous test versions I had ANRs at least once or twice a week, so in my point of view, the ANRs have been fixed in test83. :)

As also @jeff leggett has reported, test83 is super responsive. In this aspect it's as good if not better than the stable version on Play Store. So congratulations @SpeedFire-, you did a really good job on fixing the ANRs and slow downs. :cool:(y)

Several days of reconsidering of the widget update process resulted in this: fcclauncher-3.442_test84.apk
1) Bug with layout not applied should be fixed.
2) There was fixed another bug when some already deleted widgets were still in the update list.

We probably need to check the existence of the ANR bug from the beginning, because several parts of the app were modified. Please check the performance of the app - are there any negative / positive changes?
After my first drive this morning I switched to test84. From my first tests, I can give you the following feedback:
  • Test84 feels as responsive as test83 and it's a joy to use.
  • The bug of the inconsistent Weather widget display (wrong text next to icon) is fixed.
  • The bug with layout not applied is fixed, however:
  • Still existent bug: When placing an App as a widget, its first state on the homescreen is "Text only", whereas according to it's widget settings it should be "Right side text". Once it's manually changed, it works as expected, but the initial state should be correct too and must be fixed. AFAIR in the old version on Play Store, the App widget remembered the last used layout, e.g. "Right side text", as well as the used icon and font size, borders and so on. I think that it would be good if you change it like this again, because when users place a lot of App widgets, they don't have to always make the same settings again.
  • New bug: The text alignment is not working anymore in test84, at least in the App widget where I tested it. No matter if I choose left, centered or right alignment, it's always shown as centered.
Since I didn't drive during sunset or sunrise with test84 yet, I cannot say if the bug of the not auto-changing day/night-theme in the Minimap has been fixed. Did you already look after it?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

Hi huys, i want to show some progresses and discuss about them a bit...

This is the notification now for the dropdown menu on android 9 device:
    dropdown_notif.png

This is what FCC show:
    fcc_notif.png

I cannot test interference with hal9k rom yet sorry, but is this what you guys needed from NavRadio?
    I beleive that the datas RDS etc are taken from metadata and not from notifcation title, text and large icon...
    Am i still missing something??
    @SpeedFire-

Recently I noticed an issue of the Minimap display, with Google Maps as maps provider:

When driving, the display very often isn't fully updated, i.e. only the layer with the colour areas of the streets, fields, woods etc. gets updated, but the contour lines of the streets etc., as well as the street names and other texts and also the 3d buildings and traffic informations (colour tint of the streets) are missing in the display.

Since often I see one Google Map tile (the one I'm currently driving in) with correct display and another (the next one in the direction that I'm driving to) with the missing contour lines etc. as described, I first thought that mobile data access is missing, so FCC cannot load the new tiles it needs.

But as I tested yesterday and today, this is not the case, because I checked if mobile data access was available, which was the case.

Most interestingly, the missing map elements are instantly displayed when I swipe the map with the finger, without missing map data being loaded (which would take some seconds, as I know from regular MiniMap usage). So the map data (map tiles) are already cached in memory, but only displayed when manually swiping the map, but not displayed when the MiniMap just does it's auto-update based on GPS position.

Unfortunately I cannot provide you a video, because I cannot and will not take a video when driving. But I hope that the descriptions that I gave are detailled enough. If you need more infos, please ask.

I don't know exactly when this issue started to happen, e.g. if it started with one of the latest beta versions.

Did you change anything MiniMap or Google Maps API related? Also, could this bug have been introduced by Google, so you have to update some code related to the Google Maps API?
    Hi okij,

since long time I use the app Mock Location Path to test navigation software in a nearly life scenario.
    Mock location path sends fake GPS routes instead of getting real GPS in the lab.

Nice thingy to check if the navigation does the turns, notification... you name it.

May be this is something you can use for a video instead.
    Happy New Year @SpeedFire- and all users of FCC Launcher! 🍾🥂
    Happy New Year everyone!
    You are what drives the app development and motivates to change it.
    I am really excited about our community!
    You are the best! Happy New Year! :love:🥳🎉
    @SpeedFire-: Please could you now also have a look at the issue that I reported here some days ago? I explained it quite lengtly, but it's actually quite simple: The player widget reacts to changes in the MTCE radio interface when it shouldn't.
    Sure! How can I ignore such a PERFECT bug report?

Please test this: fcclauncher-3.442_test107.apk
    - An option added to the Player Widget settings - Ignore FM Radio
    - This option is automatically set to true if NavRadio+ is installed
    Yes @SpeedFire- You deserve it from the FCC community
    I tried this now on my phone (Galaxy A5 2017, android 8), clean installed test113, set up new player widget and it is the same as on my head unit. The logo is not fit correctly.
    Thanks! I reproduced this on my Samsung device as well. I will investigate this.
    Hi, all!

Welcome to the official thread for FCC Car Launcher - a customizable auto launcher for android head units (Rockchip MTCB/MTCD+ and FlyAudio) as well as android smartphones/tablets.

Its major features:
    - Full function launcher with supports of all standard third party android widgets
    - Deep integration with head units (MCU etc). My mission here is to implement as many functions in the launcher itself as possible. In case of Rockchip devices to get rid of most xposed modules (my deep respect to their authors, great job, but they sometimes slow down the device significantly) and replace them with the normal built-in functions.
    - Customization. The FCC Cat Launcher has some built-in customizable widgets which can help to make your home screen more personal (you can adjust widgets size, colors, features etc).
    - Built-in music widget with support of FM Radio (with ability to give names to radio stations), Spotify, Google Music, PowerAmp, PC Radio, Neutron and Stellio players.
    - One-click navigation widgets with quick route building (supports Waze, Google Maps, Yandex Navigator and other navigation apps).
    - Phone calls via connected phone using 'Ok Google call [name]' request or by clicking on built-in Contact widget.
    - Other features.

FAQ
    1. I love MiniMap but can you put other navigation app there?
    Unfortunately this is not possible. MiniMap is part of FCC and is based on Google Maps API for Android. It is not another app (not even a Google Maps app), that can be just replaced within the FCC interface. Android does not allow to integrate third party apps (navigation apps) inside another third party apps (FCC Launcher).
    If your head Unit supports Split Screen (ie can display Two apps at the same time), this can be partially done with split screen.

2. Is it possible to cache maps for MiniMap for offline use?
    - Yes. In the latest FCC Launcher beta version you can select Offline Mapbox map and download it to your device.
    - For Google Maps - No. Caching is directly prohibited by Google license for using Google Maps API (MiniMap). Moreover, Google even does not provide developers with such a caching API. Therefore you will need a constant internet connection to use MiniMap. The somewhat good news is that the map itself does some short-term caching on your device, so it saves some data (but not too much).

3. Notifications are only popping up for a split second / flashing. How to fix this?
    That means that animations are disabled on your device.
    - Go to the device's Developer settings: FCC settings - System - Advanced - Developer settings (if it asks for code - it's "7890" for AllWinner T8).
    - Scroll down and change 3 parameters "Window animation scale", "Transition animation scale" and "Animation duration scale" from "Animation off" to "Animation scale 1x".

4. Routing on Google Maps in MiniMap doesn't work. It asks for API key. What should I do?
    - Turn-by-turn navigation in built-in Google Map fragment is directly prohibited by Google. Therefore it is not possible to use it. .However if you have your own Google Developer account (Google Maps API key) you can use it to draw a simple route line on the MiniMap. Please note that it will NOT have any turn-by-turn data like distance to next turn or estimated time of arrival.
    I do not recommend to purchase Google Developer account just for this feature:
    - Google Developer account will cost money for you (a one-off payment) which is reasonable only if you really want to develop android apps.
    - Routing requests cost money. But currently Google provides a 200$ per month free usage for Maps, Routes, and Places every month which should be enough for individual usage.
    Links: Get API key, Pricing. Don't forget to enable Maps API and Directions API in your Google Cloud Console.

Tutorial:

Translation to your language
    Guys, many of you suggested your help with translation of the app to your native languages.
    I have setup a translation project on OneSky site.
    Here is the link: HELP TRANSLATE FCC CAR LAUNCHER

Links:
    Release
    channel: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ru.speedfire.flycontrolcenter
    Beta channel: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/ru.speedfire.flycontrolcenter
    (I would suggest to stick with the release channel since beta channel can be really buggy sometimes and is intended for beta testers only)

As a developer I will be happy to discuss with you any ideas or issues.

Here is a couple of tutorials:
    1) Quick look on home screen setup process:

How to write LogCat log:
    You need to have ROOT:
    1. Install LogCat Extreme LogCat Extreme
    2. Select VERBOSE level of details (very important) Video 1
    3. Write and send log: Video 2

Initial setup (do this if you see black screen):
    Important checkbox during first setup:
    giphy.gif

Please make sure to check that checkbox "Always allow FCC Launcher to add widgets..".

Full setup process:
    giphy.gif
    pity that the developer is not dedicated to solving several bugs of this fantastic launcher, too many bugs for daily use is not so good unfortunately

How the Hell can you say that when @SpeedFire- has dedicated 100's , if not 1000's of hours developing this launcher, and for peanuts !!

I remember a time last year when he was on vacation, and even then, each night he worked on FCC, fixing bugs and greatly improving what was already there.

FCC is probably one of the most COMPLEX apps on Playstore.

My understanding is that he basically developed FCC for HIMSELF, because he was not satisfied with what was currently out there, and was good enough to share his work with anyone wanting to try it.

Because of technical complexities, this launcher is designed and developed for a limited number of Android systems, but that number is increasing all the time as he add new Units to those currently supported.

If you go out and purchase some obscure, budget China unit, that is not supported, you cannot blame anyone but yourself, if then you experience issues.

Just because you paid the developer a few dollars because YOU CHOSE TO DO SO does not mean that you OWN him, and can demand that he jumps at your every call ... it's not his work -- it's his HOBBY -- and you probably knew that going in .. so lighten up and stop giving him such a hard time.

BTW, I am also a developer, and I can tell you, if anyone else got involved in this complex app, it would most likely get totally screwed up, and dye -- that is assuming one could even find someone who would be willing to put in the time for next to nothing, while having the technical ability to actually contribute anything to the project.

Thank you @SpeedFire- for clearly the best Android launcher on the market, and for all your time and dedication in constantly improving it. It is very much appreciated I am sure by the majority of those using it, and you will always have my full support going into the future.
    Guys!
    It seems that I've found the best solution for Normal / Split-Screen modes. Take a look:

Here is a short demo of two modes in the alpha version:
    1) Normal mode - launcher does not support split screen (bad) but behaves as a normal launcher and is not visible in the list of recent apps (good).
    2) Split screen mode - launcher supports 50/50 multi window mode (good) but is visible in the list of recent apps (bad).

Every user can select the preferred mode!
    The app is now returned to the Play Store :)
    New beta is out:
    - All skins are re-designed for 6x10 grid (instead of previous 6x7 grid). You need to re-apply skin if you want to switch to a new skin.
    - You can choose your favourite skin during first time setup process.
    - Time widget has new options to granually change Time and Date font sizes as well as to swap Time and Date positions
    - Re-written code for album arts in Player widget. Hopefully this will fix most issues.
    - Some other fixes.
    - For built-in skins Icons are automatically setup when put on home screen or moved (based on skins' settings for particular Icon slot).
    giphy.gif