• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Fcc Car Launcher [official thread]

What do you want: a split screen functionality or a normal launcher behavior?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

KlausBJ

Sep 10, 2017
This depends on your Android OS (some versions do not support split screen).
Here is a tutorial found on youtube:

To be able to use Fcc Launcher in split screen mode go to Fcc Settings - System:
- check Enable spit screen (the top item) if you see it.
- Select Home app and then select Fcc Launcher (split screen).
Then use general tutorial to put apps in split screen mode
I enabled split screen.
Home app choice has no Fcc Launcher (split screen), only the normal Fcc Launcher - this is when I try from another launcher... When I try to set home app from Fcc, it closes and opens the stock launcher.

Do I need to completely uninstall Fcc and then install t100? Or maybe delete Fcc Launcher's cache and data?

SpeedFire-

Oct 11, 2011
Moscow
I enabled split screen.
Home app choice has no Fcc Launcher (split screen), only the normal Fcc Launcher - this is when I try from another launcher... When I try to set home app from Fcc, it closes and opens the stock launcher.

Do I need to completely uninstall Fcc and then install t100? Or maybe delete Fcc Launcher's cache and data?
What Android OS version does your device have?

GnFgr

Dec 27, 2010
Athens
Maybe you mean something different by locking. Send us screenshots or video.
No i mean exactly that. I locked the main screen layout. Now i am trying to unlock it. So i long press anywhere untill a red locker appears on the lower right corner. I have try to tap on it
Long press on it.
Double tap on it.
Pray on it.
Light a candle on it.

Result is still locked layout.

SpeedFire-

Oct 11, 2011
Moscow
No i mean exactly that. I locked the main screen layout. Now i am trying to unlock it. So i long press anywhere untill a red locker appears on the lower right corner. I have try to tap on it
Long press on it.
Double tap on it.
Pray on it.
Light a candle on it.

Result is still locked layout.
I've added a separate setting here - fcclauncher-3.442_test102.apk
Fcc Settings - Display - Lock workspace
Please try to use this.

shdwkeeper

Jul 22, 2021
@SpeedFire- any way you can add the album art to the Zlink app (android auto)? If I launch zlink and play a music app the text comes up on the launcher but not the album art. I'm sure this is similar to the other fix.

okij

Oct 24, 2012
Düsseldorf
This morning I updated to test102 and had issues with font sizes and settings again, this time with the Player widget, please see attached 1st screenshot. Besides the wrong font size and the wrong progress bar colour, also the player button names are wrong.

When opening the Player widget settings, the proper settings for font size etc. were still there, so after applying OK everything was OK again, as you can see in the 2nd screenshot. However, when I had similar issues with the Clock widget after updating FCC, the wrong font size was also in the widget settings and I had to set them manually again to the correct size. Today only the Player widget was affected, not the Clock widget.

For what it's worth, I also took a logcat when the bug happened, before resetting the widget to its correct settings.

I hope that you can soon find out what's causing this recurring bug and fix it. 🤞

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211208-081329.png
    Screenshot_20211208-081329.png
    187.3 KB · Views: 55
  • Screenshot_20211208-081543.png
    Screenshot_20211208-081543.png
    175.8 KB · Views: 55
  • Log_2021-12-08_08-14-17.zip
    70.7 KB · Views: 3

nhas81

Jun 19, 2016
Since the version published in the application store I have a problem when making calls, it always gives me a choice between bluetooth and call manager and although I always give the option ask again which option to use

SpeedFire-

Oct 11, 2011
Moscow
This morning I updated to test102 and had issues with font sizes and settings again, this time with the Player widget, please see attached 1st screenshot. Besides the wrong font size and the wrong progress bar colour, also the player button names are wrong.

When opening the Player widget settings, the proper settings for font size etc. were still there, so after applying OK everything was OK again, as you can see in the 2nd screenshot. However, when I had similar issues with the Clock widget after updating FCC, the wrong font size was also in the widget settings and I had to set them manually again to the correct size. Today only the Player widget was affected, not the Clock widget.

For what it's worth, I also took a logcat when the bug happened, before resetting the widget to its correct settings.

I hope that you can soon find out what's causing this recurring bug and fix it. 🤞
I saw this issue once (on player widget names) however I can't reproduce it now. I tried on emulator and real devices with no luck... :(
I'll try again.

okij

Oct 24, 2012
Düsseldorf
I saw this issue once (on player widget names) however I can't reproduce it now. I tried on emulator and real devices with no luck... :(
I'll try again.
OK, no problem. If it occurs again when installing one of the next updates, I'll report again.

AFAIR I observed these bugs only directly after updating FCC, so could it be that you implemented some code which translates the settings of the old widgets to the settings of the new widgets and that this code has some bugs? Just asking because I'm trying to point you into the right direction. :)

Yesterday I updated from test 96 or 97 to test 102.
I have since had problem with the music widget. Mostly when FCC boots.
Usually it displays the current track info and album for a few seconds and then it mixes them up displaying usually a wrong or "blank" (more on this below) cover.
I was baffled by this until this morning that I realized where the actual bug is.

I have my phone set up to connect automatically to my HU via Bluetooth.
Also the phone is connected both as a headset (for calls) and as A2DP (for streaming audio)

Up to test version 96/97 that was not a problem.
My HU would start, FCC would launch, it would then start AIMP, play music and display correct track info and cover. Usually my phone would connect a little bit later (I get a toast/notification message on screen) and everything was ok.

Now with test 102, the first thing I noticed was that the "blank" cover I mentioned above was coming from AIMP (AIMP logo) which is definitely strange. But today I had a breakthrough...
I was watching a YouTube video on my phone a few minutes before I enter my car.
Once I got into my car, HU booted, FCC launched, AIMP started, and I was listening to my favorite music.
Only that for track info I was getting the title from the YouTube video I was watching 5 minutes ago on my phone!

So, what appears to have happened is this:
Once my phone connected via Bluetooth it changed/reported it's audio settings.
And FCC switched "source" if I may say so to Bluetooth A2DP instead of sticking with AIMP.
Remember, A2DP was not playing any music. My HU (AIMP) was still playing music as it should.
Also the "blank" AIMP cover I was getting derives from the same bug. I have AIMP on my phone as well.
And when A2DP connects AIMP launches on the phone as well.

This means that test version 102 music widget now picks info from the "last seen" source regardless if the source is active or not.
As I said, music is always playing from AIMP on my HU on all the situations above. Android itself has not switched audio source to A2DP upon my phone's connection.

This also explains that the fix to my problem was to pause playback and then start it again on AIMP on my HU.

I don't know when and why this change was made (lookup for the "last seen" source) but it has unwanted side effects.

Thanks!

Reactions: SpeedFire-
I have a strange problem:
I went on options and set to launch AIMP on FCC start (I have not enabled sleep mode on my HU yet, so HU does a full normal boot every time I start the car)
I tried booting the device several times, but the option didn't seem to work.
Actually once the HU boots, it takes a few seconds to see FCC start, then load it's widgets slowly and finally be able to use. Usually this takes 5 to 10 secs. I'm okay with that for the moment.
Once FCC loads all it's widgets, I can press the "Music" button and AIMP will start fine after a second or two.

Now today as I started the car I was busy and didn't bother to start AIMP manually. So, while I was driving in silence, AIMP was started by FCC! Only that it was started approximately 3 minutes after boot/FCC start!

I was able to reproduce this 3 times already. It doesn't mind what delay I use on boot options of FCC. I tried to add some seconds, as leave it to zero as well.
AIMP starts 3 minutes after FCC is visible/loading on screen.
Remember, I'm able to start AIMP manually 5 to 10 seconds after FCC loads.

Is this a bug ? Is my device that slow ?
Anyone has any thoughts ?

BTW: I was able to "solve" this problem by setting the delay time to 20 seconds. Which in my case it's something like 5 seconds after FCC fully loads.
I can live with that, but it's still strange why values like 0 or 5 seconds result to 3 minutes delay!

HatManSan

Jan 5, 2010
t102 has gone mental on my GS HU.

When I first loaded it and ran it I had giant text and titles for apps I am not using. I don't use nor have installed, nor ever used Spotify. Poweramp is relevant. Note also my TPMS button has a background and the title has shifted to the right. The clock has shrunk again. The Player widget has lost the title for the song playing. (Poweramp)

Screenshot (Dec 8, 2021 09_49_23).png

In the image below after a restart of the HU from off, the results were.. TPMS background gone but the title is still shifted. Giant player app titles now correct size but DAB Radio is wrapped and the song title is much bigger than I specified.

Screenshot (Dec 9, 2021 12_26_28).png

In the next image after another HU reboot, the results are.... Player widget titles now correct, song title font still too big and the TPMS background is back but the button is located where it should be. The small letters TPMS is in the background image.

Screenshot (Dec 8, 2021 10_00_16).png

The map is different in the above image as I was deciding which I preferred. I think I asked but why cant we have the latest Mapbox maps?

After this screenshot was taken all was working for about 5 mins then the HU froze. Poweramp still playing but the screen was dead. After about five minutes, the HU went black, then shut down on it own. The HU would not come back on until I power cycled the ignition. When it rebooted, the screen came as follows... Note the TPMS background and now the Player widget is spinning the album art but the clock stayed the correct size.

Screenshot (Dec 8, 2021 10_05_13).png

With reference to LogCat, can I clarify if I am supposed to run it FIRST as soon as the HU is booted or after I see an error?

Many Thanks

Reactions: okij

GnFgr

Dec 27, 2010
Athens
I am using fcc launcher on a px6 with hal9k v5 rom.
All auto starts from either cold boot or sleep are handled by the rom.
For tpms program i use fcc tpms (the widget is amazing). But usually after sleep the program does not connect to the tpms receiver and i have to kill the program and reopen it to work. I use the later version of fcc tpms. Maybe i should try the older version?

For fm radio application i use navradio+. After wake from sleep i have the problem that usually the music widget does not respond as it should. It does not show the freq or the logo and previous and next buttons does nothing. I have to press play once from the widget and it will stop the fm radio app. If i open the navradio+ after that is start working normally and widget work as it should.

The music widget also sometimes fails to show the logo of the fm radio station. It gets stuck to the previous playing one.

schloram

Nov 2, 2021
I follow this thread now a couple of weeks now since I purchased the pro version of FCC launcher to see which bugs were fixed (or will be fixed in the next release). From what I read luckily some bugs seem to be fixed already.

Side note: Since my car is used by others as well I can't really install the test versions. So I'm still on the version from the app store.

I just wanted to let you know that the "changing font/widget size" described by multiple users and the "navradio+ problem" described by GnFgr exists already in the current PlayStore version.

I was hoping that these problems are gonna be fixed in the next release because these are the ones that bug me the most (pun intended).

Last but not least: Thanks for the FCC launcher and your continuous support/effort!

Reactions: okij

GnFgr

Dec 27, 2010
Athens
I should note that i am using the play store version and not a test version.
The lock layout problem i had just fixed by it self two or three days ago. I can now lock and unlock the layout normally.

As for tpms i will try the older version of fcc tpms application and if that fails i will try other versions from seller and also the web i have found. Possible that the widget wont work for other applications than fcc tpms but that is all i can do.

Physen

Sep 20, 2021
Can you please tell me, only I have a problem with auto brightness? After the radio has slept, the auto brightness function is always turned off.

Reactions: daemondee

Top Liked Posts

fcclauncher-3.442_test128.apk
    - Secondary text for TripCombined widget fixed (don't forget to check that Secondary text is enabled in the widget's text settings)
    I'm using the MiniMap 99% of the time in 3D mode and then prefer to have it always at the maximum tilt angle. Unfortunately this doesn't always stick when e.g. swiping the map and also seems to be separately or differently stored for each zoom level, so I often have to swipe upwards with two fingers to restore the maximum tilt angle.

Could you therefore please implement a switch to have the MiniMap at maximum tilt level when 3D mode is activated?
    I checked camera tilt settings. The app tries to apply maximum tilt value available to the camera. You're right that you can change it slightly more with your fingers, but this is not available to do programmatically.
    Happy New Year @SpeedFire- and all users of FCC Launcher! 🍾🥂
    Happy New Year everyone!
    You are what drives the app development and motivates to change it.
    I am really excited about our community!
    You are the best! Happy New Year! :love:🥳🎉
    I tried this now on my phone (Galaxy A5 2017, android 8), clean installed test113, set up new player widget and it is the same as on my head unit. The logo is not fit correctly.
    Here is a fixed version: fcclauncher-3.442_test114.apk
    It turned out that album art was cropped to square by default.
    Now I've added an option to the Player widget settings (crop is now disabled by default)
    Yes @SpeedFire- You deserve it from the FCC community
    I tried this now on my phone (Galaxy A5 2017, android 8), clean installed test113, set up new player widget and it is the same as on my head unit. The logo is not fit correctly.
    Thanks! I reproduced this on my Samsung device as well. I will investigate this.
    Hi, all!

Welcome to the official thread for FCC Car Launcher - a customizable auto launcher for android head units (Rockchip MTCB/MTCD+ and FlyAudio) as well as android smartphones/tablets.

Its major features:
    - Full function launcher with supports of all standard third party android widgets
    - Deep integration with head units (MCU etc). My mission here is to implement as many functions in the launcher itself as possible. In case of Rockchip devices to get rid of most xposed modules (my deep respect to their authors, great job, but they sometimes slow down the device significantly) and replace them with the normal built-in functions.
    - Customization. The FCC Cat Launcher has some built-in customizable widgets which can help to make your home screen more personal (you can adjust widgets size, colors, features etc).
    - Built-in music widget with support of FM Radio (with ability to give names to radio stations), Spotify, Google Music, PowerAmp, PC Radio, Neutron and Stellio players.
    - One-click navigation widgets with quick route building (supports Waze, Google Maps, Yandex Navigator and other navigation apps).
    - Phone calls via connected phone using 'Ok Google call [name]' request or by clicking on built-in Contact widget.
    - Other features.

FAQ
    1. I love MiniMap but can you put other navigation app there?
    Unfortunately this is not possible. MiniMap is part of FCC and is based on Google Maps API for Android. It is not another app (not even a Google Maps app), that can be just replaced within the FCC interface. Android does not allow to integrate third party apps (navigation apps) inside another third party apps (FCC Launcher).
    If your head Unit supports Split Screen (ie can display Two apps at the same time), this can be partially done with split screen.

2. Is it possible to cache maps for MiniMap for offline use?
    - Yes. In the latest FCC Launcher beta version you can select Offline Mapbox map and download it to your device.
    - For Google Maps - No. Caching is directly prohibited by Google license for using Google Maps API (MiniMap). Moreover, Google even does not provide developers with such a caching API. Therefore you will need a constant internet connection to use MiniMap. The somewhat good news is that the map itself does some short-term caching on your device, so it saves some data (but not too much).

3. Notifications are only popping up for a split second / flashing. How to fix this?
    That means that animations are disabled on your device.
    - Go to the device's Developer settings: FCC settings - System - Advanced - Developer settings (if it asks for code - it's "7890" for AllWinner T8).
    - Scroll down and change 3 parameters "Window animation scale", "Transition animation scale" and "Animation duration scale" from "Animation off" to "Animation scale 1x".

4. Routing on Google Maps in MiniMap doesn't work. It asks for API key. What should I do?
    - Turn-by-turn navigation in built-in Google Map fragment is directly prohibited by Google. Therefore it is not possible to use it. .However if you have your own Google Developer account (Google Maps API key) you can use it to draw a simple route line on the MiniMap. Please note that it will NOT have any turn-by-turn data like distance to next turn or estimated time of arrival.
    I do not recommend to purchase Google Developer account just for this feature:
    - Google Developer account will cost money for you (a one-off payment) which is reasonable only if you really want to develop android apps.
    - Routing requests cost money. But currently Google provides a 200$ per month free usage for Maps, Routes, and Places every month which should be enough for individual usage.
    Links: Get API key, Pricing. Don't forget to enable Maps API and Directions API in your Google Cloud Console.

Tutorial:

Translation to your language
    Guys, many of you suggested your help with translation of the app to your native languages.
    I have setup a translation project on OneSky site.
    Here is the link: HELP TRANSLATE FCC CAR LAUNCHER

Links:
    Release
    channel: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ru.speedfire.flycontrolcenter
    Beta channel: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/ru.speedfire.flycontrolcenter
    (I would suggest to stick with the release channel since beta channel can be really buggy sometimes and is intended for beta testers only)

As a developer I will be happy to discuss with you any ideas or issues.

Here is a couple of tutorials:
    1) Quick look on home screen setup process:

How to write LogCat log:
    You need to have ROOT:
    1. Install LogCat Extreme LogCat Extreme
    2. Select VERBOSE level of details (very important) Video 1
    3. Write and send log: Video 2

Initial setup (do this if you see black screen):
    Important checkbox during first setup:
    giphy.gif

Please make sure to check that checkbox "Always allow FCC Launcher to add widgets..".

Full setup process:
    giphy.gif
    pity that the developer is not dedicated to solving several bugs of this fantastic launcher, too many bugs for daily use is not so good unfortunately

How the Hell can you say that when @SpeedFire- has dedicated 100's , if not 1000's of hours developing this launcher, and for peanuts !!

I remember a time last year when he was on vacation, and even then, each night he worked on FCC, fixing bugs and greatly improving what was already there.

FCC is probably one of the most COMPLEX apps on Playstore.

My understanding is that he basically developed FCC for HIMSELF, because he was not satisfied with what was currently out there, and was good enough to share his work with anyone wanting to try it.

Because of technical complexities, this launcher is designed and developed for a limited number of Android systems, but that number is increasing all the time as he add new Units to those currently supported.

If you go out and purchase some obscure, budget China unit, that is not supported, you cannot blame anyone but yourself, if then you experience issues.

Just because you paid the developer a few dollars because YOU CHOSE TO DO SO does not mean that you OWN him, and can demand that he jumps at your every call ... it's not his work -- it's his HOBBY -- and you probably knew that going in .. so lighten up and stop giving him such a hard time.

BTW, I am also a developer, and I can tell you, if anyone else got involved in this complex app, it would most likely get totally screwed up, and dye -- that is assuming one could even find someone who would be willing to put in the time for next to nothing, while having the technical ability to actually contribute anything to the project.

Thank you @SpeedFire- for clearly the best Android launcher on the market, and for all your time and dedication in constantly improving it. It is very much appreciated I am sure by the majority of those using it, and you will always have my full support going into the future.
    Guys!
    It seems that I've found the best solution for Normal / Split-Screen modes. Take a look:

Here is a short demo of two modes in the alpha version:
    1) Normal mode - launcher does not support split screen (bad) but behaves as a normal launcher and is not visible in the list of recent apps (good).
    2) Split screen mode - launcher supports 50/50 multi window mode (good) but is visible in the list of recent apps (bad).

Every user can select the preferred mode!
    The app is now returned to the Play Store :)
    New beta is out:
    - All skins are re-designed for 6x10 grid (instead of previous 6x7 grid). You need to re-apply skin if you want to switch to a new skin.
    - You can choose your favourite skin during first time setup process.
    - Time widget has new options to granually change Time and Date font sizes as well as to swap Time and Date positions
    - Re-written code for album arts in Player widget. Hopefully this will fix most issues.
    - Some other fixes.
    - For built-in skins Icons are automatically setup when put on home screen or moved (based on skins' settings for particular Icon slot).
    giphy.gif