Fcc Car Launcher [official thread]

What do you want: a split screen functionality or a normal launcher behavior?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

rigattoni

Apr 27, 2010
Fuerth
@SpeedFire-

Recently I noticed an issue of the Minimap display, with Google Maps as maps provider:

When driving, the display very often isn't fully updated, i.e. only the layer with the colour areas of the streets, fields, woods etc. gets updated, but the contour lines of the streets etc., as well as the street names and other texts and also the 3d buildings and traffic informations (colour tint of the streets) are missing in the display.

Since often I see one Google Map tile (the one I'm currently driving in) with correct display and another (the next one in the direction that I'm driving to) with the missing contour lines etc. as described, I first thought that mobile data access is missing, so FCC cannot load the new tiles it needs.

But as I tested yesterday and today, this is not the case, because I checked if mobile data access was available, which was the case.

Most interestingly, the missing map elements are instantly displayed when I swipe the map with the finger, without missing map data being loaded (which would take some seconds, as I know from regular MiniMap usage). So the map data (map tiles) are already cached in memory, but only displayed when manually swiping the map, but not displayed when the MiniMap just does it's auto-update based on GPS position.

Unfortunately I cannot provide you a video, because I cannot and will not take a video when driving. But I hope that the descriptions that I gave are detailled enough. If you need more infos, please ask.

I don't know exactly when this issue started to happen, e.g. if it started with one of the latest beta versions.

Did you change anything MiniMap or Google Maps API related? Also, could this bug have been introduced by Google, so you have to update some code related to the Google Maps API?
Hi okij,

since long time I use the app Mock Location Path to test navigation software in a nearly life scenario.
Mock location path sends fake GPS routes instead of getting real GPS in the lab.

Nice thingy to check if the navigation does the turns, notification... you name it.

May be this is something you can use for a video instead.

Reactions: okij

uktim32

Nov 16, 2021
@SpeedFire-

Recently I noticed an issue of the Minimap display, with Google Maps as maps provider:

When driving, the display very often isn't fully updated, i.e. only the layer with the colour areas of the streets, fields, woods etc. gets updated, but the contour lines of the streets etc., as well as the street names and other texts and also the 3d buildings and traffic informations (colour tint of the streets) are missing in the display.

Since often I see one Google Map tile (the one I'm currently driving in) with correct display and another (the next one in the direction that I'm driving to) with the missing contour lines etc. as described, I first thought that mobile data access is missing, so FCC cannot load the new tiles it needs.

But as I tested yesterday and today, this is not the case, because I checked if mobile data access was available, which was the case.

Most interestingly, the missing map elements are instantly displayed when I swipe the map with the finger, without missing map data being loaded (which would take some seconds, as I know from regular MiniMap usage). So the map data (map tiles) are already cached in memory, but only displayed when manually swiping the map, but not displayed when the MiniMap just does it's auto-update based on GPS position.

Unfortunately I cannot provide you a video, because I cannot and will not take a video when driving. But I hope that the descriptions that I gave are detailled enough. If you need more infos, please ask.

I don't know exactly when this issue started to happen, e.g. if it started with one of the latest beta versions.

Did you change anything MiniMap or Google Maps API related? Also, could this bug have been introduced by Google, so you have to update some code related to the Google Maps API?
I haven't updated FCC Launcher for probably 6 or 8 weeks. I'd say starting about a week ago I noticed as the map loads the oncoming top part of the display is blurred the eventually catches up with itself but this just repeats as you move with the map showing the new area you're moving into again blurred etc etc.

Not sure if this is the issue you mean? If so it might be something Google related as I haven't updated FCC Launcher in a while.

okij

Oct 24, 2012
Düsseldorf

SpeedFire-

Oct 11, 2011
Moscow
New version fcclauncher-3.442_test120.apk

Finally, ALL the remaining widgets are rewritten to the new format:
- TripCombined widget rewritten
- OBD widget rewritten
- Contact widget rewritten

This means that this long way of switching from remote updates to more responsive local updates is over.

Now we can concentrate on bug fixing and then upload this version to the official Beta channel.

Please test.

• Love

SpeedFire-

Oct 11, 2011
Moscow
Hi huys, i want to show some progresses and discuss about them a bit...

This is the notification now for the dropdown menu on android 9 device:
View attachment 5512945

This is what FCC show:
View attachment 5512953

I cannot test interference with hal9k rom yet sorry, but is this what you guys needed from NavRadio?
I beleive that the datas RDS etc are taken from metadata and not from notifcation title, text and large icon...
Am i still missing something??
Looks great! Thank you!
Is this version already available for test?

KoTiX2

Jul 10, 2010
Realme GT
Looks great! Thank you!
Is this version already available for test?
No, I'll upload it tonight on PlayStore.
Btw there are still some things not clear to me and surely i haven't finished to work on these notifications.
Right now in FCC i can see the logo and Infos correctly in the FCC widget but the FCC popup notification always show the NavRadio icon but not the logo.
It seem to me that the widget show the metadata from media session while the popup show the title and text from Notification.compat but not the Large icon that contain the logo.

I haven't tested this with hal9k rom yet but I'm pretty sure that everything will be even worst because of Halmod notifications interferences.

Anyway when in PlayStore is available version NavRadio 2.21 please give it a try ;)

SpeedFire-

Oct 11, 2011
Moscow
@SpeedFire-

This is probably because Google Maps have some interesting bug/feature. It doesn't download new tiles while camera is moving. I leave some time (several milliseconds each second) when camera is not moving during which Google can download data. If mobile speed is not enough it may fail to download everything during this period. When you drag the map camera is not animated and it downloads the data.

I saw that Google released a completely new Beta of their built-in maps SDK with new rendering capabilities. Now it is deprecated and will be part of a normal library update:
So maybe I already switched to this new map SDK when updated Google Libraries.

okij

Oct 24, 2012
Düsseldorf
fcclauncher-3.442_test121.apk
The only change in this version compared to test120 is that I updated all the libraries to the latest versions and targeted the latest Google SDK 32 (Android 13?) instead of 31 (Android 12) previously.

So we can identify bugs (if any) related to this switch.
Thanks! :) Does this also affect the Maps SDK, so the Minimap bug that I reported might be fixed again?

okij

Oct 24, 2012
Düsseldorf
Anyway when in PlayStore is available version NavRadio 2.21 please give it a try ;)
Thanks a lot for your update with the support of media notifications! :)

I can confirm that it's basically working, i.e. the station infos from the NavRadio+ main screen are on the media notification, as you can see on the 1st and 2nd attached screenshot.

However, I get three different results in the player widget display, as you can see in the other three attached screenshots. None of these is the expected result, i.e. the RDS text is always missing.

I assume that this is caused by the fact that FCC Launcher currently still reacts to some radio intents that are broadcast by the Hal9k v4.2.1 rom that I'm using, so it has to be fixed in FCC.

@SpeedFire-: Please have a look after this, i.e. please let the Player widget now only react to updates of the NavRadio+ notification when NavRadio+ is in use, so it doesn't interfere with Hal9k rom (or the MTC Radio interface, if this could also interfere). Thanks. :)

Attachments

• 20220122_163343.jpg
    20220122_163343.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 27
  • 20220122_163350.jpg
    20220122_163350.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 26
  • 20220122_163402.jpg
    20220122_163402.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 23
  • 20220122_163414.jpg
    20220122_163414.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 22
  • 20220122_163422.jpg
    20220122_163422.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 25

KoTiX2

Jul 10, 2010
Realme GT
Thanks a lot for your update with the support of media notifications! :)

I can confirm that it's basically working, i.e. the station infos from the NavRadio+ main screen are on the media notification, as you can see on the 1st and 2nd attached screenshot.

However, I get three different results in the player widget display, as you can see in the other three attached screenshots. None of these is the expected result, i.e. the RDS text is always missing.

I assume that this is caused by the fact that FCC Launcher currently still reacts to some radio intents that are broadcast by the Hal9k v4.2.1 rom that I'm using, so it has to be fixed in FCC.

@SpeedFire-: Please have a look after this, i.e. please let the Player widget now only react to updates of the NavRadio+ notification when NavRadio+ is in use, so it doesn't interfere with Hal9k rom (or the MTC Radio interface, if this could also interfere). Thanks. :)
RDS text is not received within station name but a certain time after station is tuned.
So you will never see it right after changing station but only in a second time.

I'm running hal9k 5.02 now on my unit and i don't see all this interferences if i disable original radio app and Hal notifications for radio.

okij

Oct 24, 2012
Düsseldorf
RDS text is not received within station name but a certain time after station is tuned.
So you will never see it right after changing station but only in a second time.
Yes, that's what I expected, but I never see the RDS text even after waiting for a text update, that's the problem.

I'm running hal9k 5.02 now on my unit and i don't see all this interferences if i disable original radio app and Hal notifications for radio.
By "Hal notifications" do you mean toast messages or notifications in the pull down menu? I don't have activated Hal toast messages and don't remember that there are Hal notifications in the pull down menu or a setting for (de-)activating them, or am I wrong?

okij

Oct 24, 2012
Düsseldorf
New version fcclauncher-3.442_test120.apk

Finally, ALL the remaining widgets are rewritten to the new format:
- TripCombined widget rewritten
- OBD widget rewritten
- Contact widget rewritten

Please test.
fcclauncher-3.442_test121.apk
The only change in this version compared to test120 is that I updated all the libraries to the latest versions and targeted the latest Google SDK 32 (Android 13?) instead of 31 (Android 12) previously.

So we can identify bugs (if any) related to this switch.
Thanks a lot for the two new updates and congratulations that you finished rewriting all widgets now! :cool:(y)

I updated from test115 to test121 today and can give you the following feedback:
  1. The Bluetooth widget had adifferent layout after the update (bigger space between logo and text), but I could manually change it to its previous look again.
  2. Also the GPS Satelites widget had a different layout after the update (bigger space between logo and text), but I can manually change this as well again.
  3. The TripCombined widget doesn't show the 2nd texts and I didn't manage to get them shown by adjusting the settings. Please compare the attached screenshots from before and after the update. According to the widget settings (which are the same as before the update) the 2nd texts should be shown, but they aren't, so this seems to be a bug.
  4. The Brightness widget doesn't show the "A" anymore when automatic brightness is activated and I couldn't get the "A" to be shown by changing the widget settings, so this seems to be a bug.
  5. Besides this (not test121 related, but checked with test115 on my MTCE head unit) the Brightness widget still doesn't seem to update to the correct icon according to the time of the day, please see attached video. I took the video in the evening, so the icon of the Brightness widget should have been at low brightness already, but it still showed full brightness. Only after cycling through the brightness settings by tapping on the widget, the correct icon is shown, as you can see in the video. The auto brightness function of FCC itself seems to work well, only the icon display is wrong.
I don't use the OBD widget (which doesn't work on my system) and the Contact widget, so I cannot give you feedback about them.

Please let me know when you need any more infos or testing. I'm looking forward for the remaining bugs to be fixed, so you can release the new version on Play Store. :)

Attachments

• 20220122-143042_Screenshot.png
    20220122-143042_Screenshot.png
    281.6 KB · Views: 26
  • 20220122_153023.jpg
    20220122_153023.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 24
  • 20220120_175539.mp4
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Reactions: SpeedFire-

KoTiX2

Jul 10, 2010
Realme GT
Yes, that's what I expected, but I never see the RDS text even after waiting for a text update, that's the problem.

By "Hal notifications" do you mean toast messages or notifications in the pull down menu? I don't have activated Hal toast messages and don't remember that there are Hal notifications in the pull down menu or a setting for (de-)activating them, or am I wrong?
You can check for RDS text in the drop-down notification without leaving FCC so you know when it should be visible in FCC.

Yes i mean the toast message but just to be sure we have the same settings. Is the original app turned off in factory settings?
Are metadata and notifications enabled in NavRadio?

okij

Oct 24, 2012
Düsseldorf
This is probably because Google Maps have some interesting bug/feature. It doesn't download new tiles while camera is moving. I leave some time (several milliseconds each second) when camera is not moving during which Google can download data. If mobile speed is not enough it may fail to download everything during this period. When you drag the map camera is not animated and it downloads the data.

I saw that Google released a completely new Beta of their built-in maps SDK with new rendering capabilities. Now it is deprecated and will be part of a normal library update:
So maybe I already switched to this new map SDK when updated Google Libraries.
Today I also checked if the Minimap display bug is still existent in test121 and unfortunately it still is.

Thanks to @rigattoni's tip I used Mock Location app to record a short video of how this bug looks like, please see attachment.

As you can see in the video, the map tile ahead isn't fully shown, but just the underlying colored areas. Only when swiping the map (at 0:00:10 in the video), the missing information/layers are immediately shown.

I actually don't think that this is mobile data (or the speed of it) related, because it also happens with map tiles that should be already in cache.

Attachments

• 20220122_152837.mp4
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
Reactions: rigattoni

okij

Oct 24, 2012
Düsseldorf
You can check for RDS text in the drop-down notification without leaving FCC so you know when it should be visible in FCC.
Yes, I know. :)

Yes i mean the toast message but just to be sure we have the same settings. Is the original app turned off in factory settings?
Yes, of course. Also double-checked with Titanium Backup, which shows that original Radio app is frozen.

Are metadata and notifications enabled in NavRadio?
Both are enabled. But since FCC doesn't use metadata but only notifications according to @SpeedFire-, I disabled metadata for the testings I just did (please see below.)

New test version fcclauncher-3.442_test122.apk
- I noticed that TPMS widget didn't work well. Now it is fixed.
- Hal9k updates are ignored when NavRadio+ is installed
Thanks for the quick update. :) It fixes most, but unfortunately not all of the issues I had with the display of NavRadio+ data in the FCC Player widget.

The remaining bug is that randomly I see the text "Not provided" instead of the station name, even though the NavRadio+ notification correctly provides the data, please see attached video.

Another small issue that I would like to ask you or @KoTiX2 to fix is that the RDS data currently is displayed as "Artist" and the station freq and name is displayed as "Track" in the Player widget. I would like to have it vice versa (or an option to assign it one or the other way), because then it would be the same as DAB-Z data is displayed in the Player widget. I have "Artist" set in a bigger font size than "Track" and usually station freq and name are shorter than the RDS texts, so this assignment would make sense.

Attachments

• 20220122_183408.mp4
    3.8 MB · Views: 0

SpeedFire-

Oct 11, 2011
Moscow
Yes, I know. :)

Yes, of course. Also double-checked with Titanium Backup, which shows that original Radio app is frozen.

Both are enabled. But since FCC doesn't use metadata but only notifications according to @SpeedFire-, I disabled metadata for the testings I just did (please see below.)

Thanks for the quick update. :) It fixes most, but unfortunately not all of the issues I had with the display of NavRadio+ data in the FCC Player widget.

The remaining bug is that randomly I see the text "Not provided" instead of the station name, even though the NavRadio+ notification correctly provides the data, please see attached video.

I didn't have such issues and cannot find the source of this "Not provided" title however I explicitly banned it in this new version: fcclauncher-3.442_test123.apk

Another small issue that I would like to ask you or @KoTiX2 to fix is that the RDS data currently is displayed as "Artist" and the station freq and name is displayed as "Track" in the Player widget. I would like to have it vice versa (or an option to assign it one or the other way), because then it would be the same as DAB-Z data is displayed in the Player widget. I have "Artist" set in a bigger font size than "Track" and usually station freq and name are shorter than the RDS texts, so this assignment would make sense.
This is better to be done on @KoTiX2 side

okij

Oct 24, 2012
Düsseldorf
I didn't have such issues and cannot find the source of this "Not provided" title however I explicitly banned it in this new version: fcclauncher-3.442_test123.apk
Thanks. I just tested it for five minutes and didn't see "Not provided", so it seems to work. Edit: I was wrong, it's not working yet, as I'll explain in my next post.

Nevertheless I took a logcat for you to look for the source of this "Not provided" title, please see attachment.

I just found one occurence of "Not provided" here:

Code:
01-22 21:38:55.278   463   477 I ActivityManager: Waited long enough for: ServiceRecord{b8a7bc3 u0 com.android.providers.media/.MediaScannerService}
01-22 21:38:55.410 26898 26898 E goc     : *****************song info*************************
01-22 21:38:55.410 26898 26898 E goc     : name            : Not Provided
01-22 21:38:55.410 26898 26898 E goc     : artist          :
01-22 21:38:55.410 26898 26898 E goc     : album            :
01-22 21:38:55.410 26898 26898 E goc     : number of media : 1
01-22 21:38:55.410 26898 26898 E goc     : total of media  : 1
01-22 21:38:55.410 26898 26898 E goc     : playing times  : 0 ms
01-22 21:38:55.410 26898 26898 D goc     : GOCSDK_AVRCP_INFO
01-22 21:38:55.410 26898 26898 D goc     : send_ind: [MINot Provided���0�1�1]
01-22 21:38:55.410 26898 26898 E goc     : *****************song info over********************

This is better to be done on @KoTiX2 side
Then this would be great. :)

Attachments

• Log_2022-01-22_21-41-26.zip
    99.8 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    @SpeedFire- will you look at the bugs?
    Yes. A little bit later. I have a busy time at my main work until the end of April.
    New test version attached:
    - Added support for 'pinned shortcuts' which adds support for apps like the Shortcut Maker https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=rk.android.app.shortcutmaker&hl=ru&gl=US
    - An option to launch an app in a split screen mode is returned to the Icon Widget settings (I don't remember why I removed it when switching to the new settings menu).
    - All libraries are updated to the lates versions so if the issue with the google map renderer still exists this may be related to something else.

fcclauncher-3.509_v2
    If they stopped payment in Google that would be a real pain for all hardworking developers in Russia, especially for @SpeedFire-
    We need to find a workaround for this if there is any.
    Yes, there are several issues with payments:
    - Google stopped payments to my main bank account. I entered the alternative bank account which was accepted but no payment has been done so far.
    - I will add a Huawei AppGallery support (with a slightly lower price) for those who want to pay outside the Google universe. However the documentation is not perfect for in-app purchases there. This may take some time.
    Guys, please try this version.
    Google made some changes in Billing library (which is used to check Premium purchase). Does it work (is Premium status applied correctly)?
    fcclauncher-3.502_v3
    Today I made a test with YouTube Music instead of DAB-Z and recorded a video and took a LogCat of it. These are the issues you can see in the video, which I recorded after waking up the head unit:
    1. At 0:07 I switch to GMMP (after first switching from YT Music to NavRadio+). You can see that the Player Widget immediately shows the title and track (but no album art yet), although GMMP hasn't been started yet and thus there's no GMMP notification yet. So at this time no title / track / album art should be displayed.
    2. At 0:13 GMMP started playing, but the album art still hasn't been updated and still shows the radio logo from NavRadio+. At 0:23 you can see that the GMMP notification is correctly displayed including its album art.
    3. At 0:31 I tap again on the player button for GMMP and only then also the album art is displayed in the player widget, but the music playback stopped at the same time, which also shouldn't happen. At 0:35 you can see and hear the same once more. Only after pressing Pause and Play again the music playback is resumed.
    4. At 0:44 I switch to YT Music again and it resumes playback, but the Player widget fails to also show the album art, although, as you can see at 0:51 in the video, the notification is correctly displayed including album art. Also tapping on the Player button for YT Music again, as you can see at 0:58, and pressing Pause and Play, as you can see at 1:00, doesn't bring the album art back.
    Issue #4 confirms an issue that @shdwkeeper mentioned in post #8,845:

I hope that you can reproduce these issues now (please try several times, as they don't happen each time after waking up the head unit) and fix them. 🤞

And, as I already wrote, could you please make a test version that purges the title/track/album art infos in the Player widget for the assigned players upon entering/leaving standby? This is something that should be done anyway and maybe already fixes these issues (at least some of them). Thanks. :)
    @SpeedFire-: I hope that you are well. :)

As you already told me, you were able reproduce this issue when using YT Music.

Did you have a closer look into it in the meanwhile to be able to fix it?
    Hi, all!

Welcome to the official thread for FCC Car Launcher - a customizable auto launcher for android head units (Rockchip MTCB/MTCD+ and FlyAudio) as well as android smartphones/tablets.

Its major features:
    - Full function launcher with supports of all standard third party android widgets
    - Deep integration with head units (MCU etc). My mission here is to implement as many functions in the launcher itself as possible. In case of Rockchip devices to get rid of most xposed modules (my deep respect to their authors, great job, but they sometimes slow down the device significantly) and replace them with the normal built-in functions.
    - Customization. The FCC Cat Launcher has some built-in customizable widgets which can help to make your home screen more personal (you can adjust widgets size, colors, features etc).
    - Built-in music widget with support of FM Radio (with ability to give names to radio stations), Spotify, Google Music, PowerAmp, PC Radio, Neutron and Stellio players.
    - One-click navigation widgets with quick route building (supports Waze, Google Maps, Yandex Navigator and other navigation apps).
    - Phone calls via connected phone using 'Ok Google call [name]' request or by clicking on built-in Contact widget.
    - Other features.

FAQ
    1. I love MiniMap but can you put other navigation app there?
    Unfortunately this is not possible. MiniMap is part of FCC and is based on Google Maps API for Android. It is not another app (not even a Google Maps app), that can be just replaced within the FCC interface. Android does not allow to integrate third party apps (navigation apps) inside another third party apps (FCC Launcher).
    If your head Unit supports Split Screen (ie can display Two apps at the same time), this can be partially done with split screen.

2. Is it possible to cache maps for MiniMap for offline use?
    - Yes. In the latest FCC Launcher beta version you can select Offline Mapbox map and download it to your device.
    - For Google Maps - No. Caching is directly prohibited by Google license for using Google Maps API (MiniMap). Moreover, Google even does not provide developers with such a caching API. Therefore you will need a constant internet connection to use MiniMap. The somewhat good news is that the map itself does some short-term caching on your device, so it saves some data (but not too much).

3. Notifications are only popping up for a split second / flashing. How to fix this?
    That means that animations are disabled on your device.
    - Go to the device's Developer settings: FCC settings - System - Advanced - Developer settings (if it asks for code - it's "7890" for AllWinner T8).
    - Scroll down and change 3 parameters "Window animation scale", "Transition animation scale" and "Animation duration scale" from "Animation off" to "Animation scale 1x".

4. Routing on Google Maps in MiniMap doesn't work. It asks for API key. What should I do?
    - Turn-by-turn navigation in built-in Google Map fragment is directly prohibited by Google. Therefore it is not possible to use it. .However if you have your own Google Developer account (Google Maps API key) you can use it to draw a simple route line on the MiniMap. Please note that it will NOT have any turn-by-turn data like distance to next turn or estimated time of arrival.
    I do not recommend to purchase Google Developer account just for this feature:
    - Google Developer account will cost money for you (a one-off payment) which is reasonable only if you really want to develop android apps.
    - Routing requests cost money. But currently Google provides a 200$ per month free usage for Maps, Routes, and Places every month which should be enough for individual usage.
    Links: Get API key, Pricing. Don't forget to enable Maps API and Directions API in your Google Cloud Console.

Tutorial:

Translation to your language
    Guys, many of you suggested your help with translation of the app to your native languages.
    I have setup a translation project on OneSky site.
    Here is the link: HELP TRANSLATE FCC CAR LAUNCHER

Links:
    Release
    channel: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ru.speedfire.flycontrolcenter
    Beta channel: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/ru.speedfire.flycontrolcenter
    (I would suggest to stick with the release channel since beta channel can be really buggy sometimes and is intended for beta testers only)

As a developer I will be happy to discuss with you any ideas or issues.

Here is a couple of tutorials:
    1) Quick look on home screen setup process:

How to write LogCat log:
    You need to have ROOT:
    1. Install LogCat Extreme LogCat Extreme
    2. Select VERBOSE level of details (very important) Video 1
    3. Write and send log: Video 2

Initial setup (do this if you see black screen):
    Important checkbox during first setup:
    giphy.gif

Please make sure to check that checkbox "Always allow FCC Launcher to add widgets..".

Full setup process:
    giphy.gif
    pity that the developer is not dedicated to solving several bugs of this fantastic launcher, too many bugs for daily use is not so good unfortunately

How the Hell can you say that when @SpeedFire- has dedicated 100's , if not 1000's of hours developing this launcher, and for peanuts !!

I remember a time last year when he was on vacation, and even then, each night he worked on FCC, fixing bugs and greatly improving what was already there.

FCC is probably one of the most COMPLEX apps on Playstore.

My understanding is that he basically developed FCC for HIMSELF, because he was not satisfied with what was currently out there, and was good enough to share his work with anyone wanting to try it.

Because of technical complexities, this launcher is designed and developed for a limited number of Android systems, but that number is increasing all the time as he add new Units to those currently supported.

If you go out and purchase some obscure, budget China unit, that is not supported, you cannot blame anyone but yourself, if then you experience issues.

Just because you paid the developer a few dollars because YOU CHOSE TO DO SO does not mean that you OWN him, and can demand that he jumps at your every call ... it's not his work -- it's his HOBBY -- and you probably knew that going in .. so lighten up and stop giving him such a hard time.

BTW, I am also a developer, and I can tell you, if anyone else got involved in this complex app, it would most likely get totally screwed up, and dye -- that is assuming one could even find someone who would be willing to put in the time for next to nothing, while having the technical ability to actually contribute anything to the project.

Thank you @SpeedFire- for clearly the best Android launcher on the market, and for all your time and dedication in constantly improving it. It is very much appreciated I am sure by the majority of those using it, and you will always have my full support going into the future.
    Guys!
    It seems that I've found the best solution for Normal / Split-Screen modes. Take a look:

Here is a short demo of two modes in the alpha version:
    1) Normal mode - launcher does not support split screen (bad) but behaves as a normal launcher and is not visible in the list of recent apps (good).
    2) Split screen mode - launcher supports 50/50 multi window mode (good) but is visible in the list of recent apps (bad).

Every user can select the preferred mode!
    The app is now returned to the Play Store :)
    New beta is out:
    - All skins are re-designed for 6x10 grid (instead of previous 6x7 grid). You need to re-apply skin if you want to switch to a new skin.
    - You can choose your favourite skin during first time setup process.
    - Time widget has new options to granually change Time and Date font sizes as well as to swap Time and Date positions
    - Re-written code for album arts in Player widget. Hopefully this will fix most issues.
    - Some other fixes.
    - For built-in skins Icons are automatically setup when put on home screen or moved (based on skins' settings for particular Icon slot).
    giphy.gif