Fcc Car Launcher [official thread]

What do you want: a split screen functionality or a normal launcher behavior?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

okij

Oct 24, 2012
Düsseldorf
I didn't have such issues and cannot find the source of this "Not provided" title however I explicitly banned it in this new version: fcclauncher-3.442_test123.apk
I now further investigated this issue and it's not fixed yet.

This is what I found out:
  1. The "Not Provided" is shown in the Player widget when my phone (which is connected to the head unit via Bluetooth) plays a system sound, e.g. the camera shutter sound or the video start- and end-sound. This is the reason why I saw "Not Provided" quite often while taking videos for you, but not yesterday when I took the logcat in my previous post for you, because then I didn't take pictures and videos. Please also note that the letter "P" in "Not Provided" is upper case, which might me the reason that it is not blocked by test123 but still shown, please see in the 1st attached video.
  2. This issue does not only happen when NavRadio+ is the active player, but e.g. also when DAB-Z is playing, as you can see in the video.
  3. The playing is not interrupted and the system sound can not be heard, so it just interferes with the Player widget display but not with the playback in general.
  4. The same issue happens when I use a media app on my phone to play some music. As you can see in the 2nd attached video, DAB-Z is playing "Love again" by Dua Lipa. Then I start GMMP on my phone to play "Back To Black" by Amy Winehose, which results in this title to be shown in the Player widget, but not being played. So the DAB-Z sound of "Love again"can still be heard, but the Player widget display only shows it again when selecting DAB-Z again, as you can see at 0:00:04 in the 2nd video.
  5. This issue happens regardless if I have the usage of a 4th player activated in the Player widget settings (which I usually have) or not. I double checked this.
I again took a Logcat and attached it for you.

Please look for occurences of "Not Provided'', which I found several times like this:

Code:
01-23 11:36:36.165 30647 30647 E goc     : *****************song info*************************
01-23 11:36:36.165 30647 30647 E goc     : name            : Not Provided
01-23 11:36:36.165 30647 30647 E goc     : artist          :
01-23 11:36:36.165 30647 30647 E goc     : album            :
01-23 11:36:36.165 30647 30647 E goc     : number of media : 1
01-23 11:36:36.165 30647 30647 E goc     : total of media  : 1
01-23 11:36:36.165 30647 30647 E goc     : playing times  : 0 ms
01-23 11:36:36.165 30647 30647 D goc     : GOCSDK_AVRCP_INFO
01-23 11:36:36.165 30647 30647 D goc     : send_ind: [MINot Provided���0�1�1]
01-23 11:36:36.165 30647 30647 E goc     : *****************song info over********************

And please look for occurences of "Back To Black", which I found several times like this:

Code:
01-23 11:41:08.447 30647 30647 E goc     : *****************song info*************************
01-23 11:41:08.448 30647 30647 E goc     : name            : Back To Black
01-23 11:41:08.448 30647 30647 E goc     : artist          : Amy Winehouse
01-23 11:41:08.448 30647 30647 E goc     : album            : Back To Black (The Deluxe Edition)
01-23 11:41:08.448 30647 30647 E goc     : number of media : 5
01-23 11:41:08.448 30647 30647 E goc     : total of media  : 18
01-23 11:41:08.448 30647 30647 E goc     : playing times  : 241000 ms
01-23 11:41:08.448 30647 30647 D goc     : GOCSDK_AVRCP_INFO
01-23 11:41:08.448 30647 30647 D goc     : send_ind: [MIBack To Black�Amy Winehouse�Back To Black (The Deluxe Edition)�241000�5�18]
01-23 11:41:08.448 30647 30647 E goc     : *****************song info over********************
01-23 11:41:08.469 30647 30647 E goc     : callback_streaming : the same to last
01-23 11:41:08.470 30647 30647 E goc     : send stream start
01-23 11:41:08.470 30647 30647 D goc     : a2dp 5557 B/s

But also like this:

Code:
01-23 11:42:31.874   463   463 I BlueToothService: BC6 BT read:
01-23 11:42:31.874   463   463 I BlueToothService: BC6 BT read: MIBack To Black�Amy Winehouse�Back To Black (The Deluxe Edition)�241000�5�18
01-23 11:42:31.912   463   477 E NotificationService: Suppressing notification from package by user request.
01-23 11:42:31.932 27568 27568 D Fcc_Service: mtcKeyReceiver. Fcc ||||||||||||  action  = com.microntek.bt.report  ||  keyCode = 0 || currentMediaState = 62

So I would like you to remove the blocking of "Not provided" again from the Player widget and fix the real cause of this issue. :)

BTW, I just saw in my phone settings that in the Bluetooth profile of my head unit "Audio" is currently not activated, which could be the reason that it didn't play when I did the above tests. But then it also should not interfere and display anything in the Player widget. I'll do another test with "Audio" activated and report back how it behaves then.

Edit: OK, I now did a test with "Audio" in the Bluetooth profile activated, with the following results:
  1. System sounds of the phone are still not played via the head unit (which is good), but "Not Provided" is still shown in the Player widget, which is a bug.
  2. Music on the phone is then played via the head unit (which was expected), but only after the A2DP app has been manually started, which then appears as 4th player in the Player widget.
  3. If A2DP is not started and music playback is only started via the phone, still the artist and title are displayed in the Player widget, but DAB-Z (or any other active player) keeps playing, which is a bug.
  4. Even when A2DP is active, it can only be controlled via the A2DP app on the head unit, as the media control buttons of the Player widget are not working, which is a bug.
So IMHO the following bug fixes are necessary:
  • Only show media infos of A2DP in the Player widget when A2DP is actually active and in use.
  • Never show media infos of phone system sounds like "Not Provided" in the Player widget, no matter if A2DP is in use.
  • Allow the Player widget to control the A2DP app with its media control buttons, which currently isn't working.
Please let me know if you need any more infos or testing.

Attachments

• 20220123_113911.mp4
    837.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 20220123_114200.mp4
    647.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Log_2022-01-23_11-43-24.zip
    94.9 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

SpeedFire-

Oct 11, 2011
Moscow
@okij So the real reason is that A2DP is not integrated for your head unit. What head unit do you have? Can you upload your native a2dp apk and native launcher apk?

Last edited:

HatManSan

Jan 5, 2010
I ran t123 this morning and updated all that was available from the appstore including NavRadio.

I still have no radio information on the player widget. Works fine for Poweramp. My clock has moved right about 20 pixels, such that the text is now masked by the widget border. I still have the letter M in the player widget on occasion. I have cleared system cache but wonder if there are other cache locations i can try. Also and this is more problematic than no data. I have to press Radio at least four times if Poweramp was running. If I only press once i hear radio for a split second then back to Poweramp.

monstereye1898

Jan 24, 2022
First of all, I would like to say that I find the FCC Launcher and its possibilities super.

I have the problem with the mini map that GoogleMaps does not load the map while driving. If I change the screen or tap the map, it just loads again. It's like it just won't update the map itself. Do you guys know about this problem?

1643030258344.jpg

Attachments

• 1643030258381.jpg
    1643030258381.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 17
Reactions: okij
Jul 19, 2015
New test version fcclauncher-3.442_test122.apk
- I noticed that TPMS widget didn't work well. Now it is fixed.
- Hal9k updates are ignored when NavRadio+ is installed
@speedfire, TPMS widget still gone after about 10-20 Second, it longer than before. If i touch/click the icon of TPMS widget it will open tpms plugin then i click home/back button then tpms widget show again the pressure but after several Second its gone again n again. Please you can solve that, its great with TPMS widget in home screen in my opinion. My device allwinner T5.

Reactions: mariodantas
Jul 19, 2015
@speedfire, TPMS widget still gone after about 10-20 Second, it longer than before. If i touch/click the icon of TPMS widget it will open tpms plugin then i click home/back button then tpms widget show again the pressure but after several Second its gone again n again. Please you can solve that, its great with TPMS widget in home screen in my opinion. My device allwinner T5.

Attachments

• VID_20220124_212845.mp4
    24.1 MB · Views: 0

okij

Oct 24, 2012
Düsseldorf
I have the problem with the mini map that GoogleMaps does not load the map while driving. If I change the screen or tap the map, it just loads again. It's like it just won't update the map itself. Do you guys know about this problem?
Yes, here I reported this problem last Wednesday to @SpeedFire-, so thank you for confirmation.

Unfortunately it's not fixed yet, so we have to be patient.

mariodantas

I think that it should work like....

if(TMPSWidgetPresent > 0 && isTMPSAppInstalled()){
startforeground(TPMSApp)
}

SpeedFire-

Oct 11, 2011
Moscow
fcclauncher-3.442_test126.apk
- Experimental version for Google Map fix. Camera animation time is decreased from 800 ms to 500 ms / every second. To left more time for map drawing. Does it help?
- TPMS widget. Previously it was set that if no new data is received for the last 15 seconds (normally it is updated every 10 secs) then "--" are shown. Now the period is increased to 45 secs.

rigattoni

Apr 27, 2010
Fuerth
Well... I don´t know why anyone should have the need to have the TPMS always visible. The app itself alarms you and shows deviating data immediately. There is no need to have a full time visibility.
To have it at startup... okay, makes sense to see if there is anything weird and get alarmed if there is a deviation while driving. That is what the app is supposed to be used for.

But just my 2 cent.

But... what would be a good idea: to have the possibility to have 2 visibilities for it. Just a message that all is fine if there is nothing wrong since the last update and if there is a deviation to show the current data?

Jul 19, 2015
Well... I don´t know why anyone should have the need to have the TPMS always visible. The app itself alarms you and shows deviating data immediately. There is no need to have a full time visibility.
To have it at startup... okay, makes sense to see if there is anything weird and get alarmed if there is a deviation while driving. That is what the app is supposed to be used for.

But just my 2 cent.

But... what would be a good idea: to have the possibility to have 2 visibilities for it. Just a message that all is fine if there is nothing wrong since the last update and if there is a deviation to show the current data?
You are right that is what the app supposed to be used for. But, I Just focus on the TPMS Widget, if there is a widget so that widget must show data continuosly. I Just want the fcc launcher become the one of the best head unit launcher that i have. :D

SpeedFire-

Oct 11, 2011
Moscow

But just my 2 cent.

There is already such a layout of this widget. It shows "OK" when everything is good and warning message if something is wrong. You can select it. I use it most of the time.

Reactions: rigattoni

rigattoni

Apr 27, 2010
Fuerth
There is already such a layout of this widget. It shows "OK" when everything is good and warning message if something is wrong. You can select it. I use it most of the time.
I have in my both cars OEM-TPMS in the tires, so I am not able to use the widget, because I see the messages in the cluster if there is anything wrong.

If the widget is already working like that, I would exactly have it like that nothing else.

But, I Just focus on the TPMS Widget, if there is a widget so that widget must show data continuosly.
As SpeedFire- already explained, use the widget as it is supposed to be used and it should be right.
Continuous data visibility is not the way it is you want to have and I don´t get the point that you want to have it constantly on the screen. Keep your eyes on the street and not on the TPMS and let the app do it´s work. ;)
I Just want the fcc launcher become the one of the best head unit launcher that i have.
Fcc is not able to become one of the best launcher... Fcc is already the best you are able to get hands on.

Top Liked Posts

I think I have a good LogCat that captures the issues with the player widget. Everytime, in my case, NaviRadio or PowerAmp is in use, the instant the headlights come on the album art changes to a SAT icon. It only returns to the album art or radio station logo, if, a/ the track changes b/ the track or station is changed or c/ I swap between NaviRadio and Poweramp or vice versa. There are no ifs or buts, it happens every single time the headlights or sidelights are switched on, either automatically or manually. Hopefully the Log has captured me changing tracks etc. Please let me know if more information is needed. Thank you

Log
    @SpeedFire- will you look at the bugs?
    Yes. A little bit later. I have a busy time at my main work until the end of April.
    New test version attached:
    - Added support for 'pinned shortcuts' which adds support for apps like the Shortcut Maker https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=rk.android.app.shortcutmaker&hl=ru&gl=US
    - An option to launch an app in a split screen mode is returned to the Icon Widget settings (I don't remember why I removed it when switching to the new settings menu).
    - All libraries are updated to the lates versions so if the issue with the google map renderer still exists this may be related to something else.

fcclauncher-3.509_v2
    If they stopped payment in Google that would be a real pain for all hardworking developers in Russia, especially for @SpeedFire-
    We need to find a workaround for this if there is any.
    Yes, there are several issues with payments:
    - Google stopped payments to my main bank account. I entered the alternative bank account which was accepted but no payment has been done so far.
    - I will add a Huawei AppGallery support (with a slightly lower price) for those who want to pay outside the Google universe. However the documentation is not perfect for in-app purchases there. This may take some time.
    I think I have a good LogCat that captures the issues with the player widget. Everytime, in my case, NaviRadio or PowerAmp is in use, the instant the headlights come on the album art changes to a SAT icon. It only returns to the album art or radio station logo, if, a/ the track changes b/ the track or station is changed or c/ I swap between NaviRadio and Poweramp or vice versa. There are no ifs or buts, it happens every single time the headlights or sidelights are switched on, either automatically or manually. Hopefully the Log has captured me changing tracks etc. Please let me know if more information is needed. Thank you

Log
    Today I made a test with YouTube Music instead of DAB-Z and recorded a video and took a LogCat of it. These are the issues you can see in the video, which I recorded after waking up the head unit:
    1. At 0:07 I switch to GMMP (after first switching from YT Music to NavRadio+). You can see that the Player Widget immediately shows the title and track (but no album art yet), although GMMP hasn't been started yet and thus there's no GMMP notification yet. So at this time no title / track / album art should be displayed.
    2. At 0:13 GMMP started playing, but the album art still hasn't been updated and still shows the radio logo from NavRadio+. At 0:23 you can see that the GMMP notification is correctly displayed including its album art.
    3. At 0:31 I tap again on the player button for GMMP and only then also the album art is displayed in the player widget, but the music playback stopped at the same time, which also shouldn't happen. At 0:35 you can see and hear the same once more. Only after pressing Pause and Play again the music playback is resumed.
    4. At 0:44 I switch to YT Music again and it resumes playback, but the Player widget fails to also show the album art, although, as you can see at 0:51 in the video, the notification is correctly displayed including album art. Also tapping on the Player button for YT Music again, as you can see at 0:58, and pressing Pause and Play, as you can see at 1:00, doesn't bring the album art back.
    Issue #4 confirms an issue that @shdwkeeper mentioned in post #8,845:

I hope that you can reproduce these issues now (please try several times, as they don't happen each time after waking up the head unit) and fix them. 🤞

And, as I already wrote, could you please make a test version that purges the title/track/album art infos in the Player widget for the assigned players upon entering/leaving standby? This is something that should be done anyway and maybe already fixes these issues (at least some of them). Thanks. :)
    @SpeedFire-: I hope that you are well. :)

As you already told me, you were able reproduce this issue when using YT Music.

Did you have a closer look into it in the meanwhile to be able to fix it?
    Hi, all!

Welcome to the official thread for FCC Car Launcher - a customizable auto launcher for android head units (Rockchip MTCB/MTCD+ and FlyAudio) as well as android smartphones/tablets.

Its major features:
    - Full function launcher with supports of all standard third party android widgets
    - Deep integration with head units (MCU etc). My mission here is to implement as many functions in the launcher itself as possible. In case of Rockchip devices to get rid of most xposed modules (my deep respect to their authors, great job, but they sometimes slow down the device significantly) and replace them with the normal built-in functions.
    - Customization. The FCC Cat Launcher has some built-in customizable widgets which can help to make your home screen more personal (you can adjust widgets size, colors, features etc).
    - Built-in music widget with support of FM Radio (with ability to give names to radio stations), Spotify, Google Music, PowerAmp, PC Radio, Neutron and Stellio players.
    - One-click navigation widgets with quick route building (supports Waze, Google Maps, Yandex Navigator and other navigation apps).
    - Phone calls via connected phone using 'Ok Google call [name]' request or by clicking on built-in Contact widget.
    - Other features.

FAQ
    1. I love MiniMap but can you put other navigation app there?
    Unfortunately this is not possible. MiniMap is part of FCC and is based on Google Maps API for Android. It is not another app (not even a Google Maps app), that can be just replaced within the FCC interface. Android does not allow to integrate third party apps (navigation apps) inside another third party apps (FCC Launcher).
    If your head Unit supports Split Screen (ie can display Two apps at the same time), this can be partially done with split screen.

2. Is it possible to cache maps for MiniMap for offline use?
    - Yes. In the latest FCC Launcher beta version you can select Offline Mapbox map and download it to your device.
    - For Google Maps - No. Caching is directly prohibited by Google license for using Google Maps API (MiniMap). Moreover, Google even does not provide developers with such a caching API. Therefore you will need a constant internet connection to use MiniMap. The somewhat good news is that the map itself does some short-term caching on your device, so it saves some data (but not too much).

3. Notifications are only popping up for a split second / flashing. How to fix this?
    That means that animations are disabled on your device.
    - Go to the device's Developer settings: FCC settings - System - Advanced - Developer settings (if it asks for code - it's "7890" for AllWinner T8).
    - Scroll down and change 3 parameters "Window animation scale", "Transition animation scale" and "Animation duration scale" from "Animation off" to "Animation scale 1x".

4. Routing on Google Maps in MiniMap doesn't work. It asks for API key. What should I do?
    - Turn-by-turn navigation in built-in Google Map fragment is directly prohibited by Google. Therefore it is not possible to use it. .However if you have your own Google Developer account (Google Maps API key) you can use it to draw a simple route line on the MiniMap. Please note that it will NOT have any turn-by-turn data like distance to next turn or estimated time of arrival.
    I do not recommend to purchase Google Developer account just for this feature:
    - Google Developer account will cost money for you (a one-off payment) which is reasonable only if you really want to develop android apps.
    - Routing requests cost money. But currently Google provides a 200$ per month free usage for Maps, Routes, and Places every month which should be enough for individual usage.
    Links: Get API key, Pricing. Don't forget to enable Maps API and Directions API in your Google Cloud Console.

Tutorial:

Translation to your language
    Guys, many of you suggested your help with translation of the app to your native languages.
    I have setup a translation project on OneSky site.
    Here is the link: HELP TRANSLATE FCC CAR LAUNCHER

Links:
    Release
    channel: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ru.speedfire.flycontrolcenter
    Beta channel: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/ru.speedfire.flycontrolcenter
    (I would suggest to stick with the release channel since beta channel can be really buggy sometimes and is intended for beta testers only)

As a developer I will be happy to discuss with you any ideas or issues.

Here is a couple of tutorials:
    1) Quick look on home screen setup process:

How to write LogCat log:
    You need to have ROOT:
    1. Install LogCat Extreme LogCat Extreme
    2. Select VERBOSE level of details (very important) Video 1
    3. Write and send log: Video 2

Initial setup (do this if you see black screen):
    Important checkbox during first setup:
    giphy.gif

Please make sure to check that checkbox "Always allow FCC Launcher to add widgets..".

Full setup process:
    giphy.gif
    pity that the developer is not dedicated to solving several bugs of this fantastic launcher, too many bugs for daily use is not so good unfortunately

How the Hell can you say that when @SpeedFire- has dedicated 100's , if not 1000's of hours developing this launcher, and for peanuts !!

I remember a time last year when he was on vacation, and even then, each night he worked on FCC, fixing bugs and greatly improving what was already there.

FCC is probably one of the most COMPLEX apps on Playstore.

My understanding is that he basically developed FCC for HIMSELF, because he was not satisfied with what was currently out there, and was good enough to share his work with anyone wanting to try it.

Because of technical complexities, this launcher is designed and developed for a limited number of Android systems, but that number is increasing all the time as he add new Units to those currently supported.

If you go out and purchase some obscure, budget China unit, that is not supported, you cannot blame anyone but yourself, if then you experience issues.

Just because you paid the developer a few dollars because YOU CHOSE TO DO SO does not mean that you OWN him, and can demand that he jumps at your every call ... it's not his work -- it's his HOBBY -- and you probably knew that going in .. so lighten up and stop giving him such a hard time.

BTW, I am also a developer, and I can tell you, if anyone else got involved in this complex app, it would most likely get totally screwed up, and dye -- that is assuming one could even find someone who would be willing to put in the time for next to nothing, while having the technical ability to actually contribute anything to the project.

Thank you @SpeedFire- for clearly the best Android launcher on the market, and for all your time and dedication in constantly improving it. It is very much appreciated I am sure by the majority of those using it, and you will always have my full support going into the future.
    Guys!
    It seems that I've found the best solution for Normal / Split-Screen modes. Take a look:

Here is a short demo of two modes in the alpha version:
    1) Normal mode - launcher does not support split screen (bad) but behaves as a normal launcher and is not visible in the list of recent apps (good).
    2) Split screen mode - launcher supports 50/50 multi window mode (good) but is visible in the list of recent apps (bad).

Every user can select the preferred mode!
    The app is now returned to the Play Store :)
    New beta is out:
    - All skins are re-designed for 6x10 grid (instead of previous 6x7 grid). You need to re-apply skin if you want to switch to a new skin.
    - You can choose your favourite skin during first time setup process.
    - Time widget has new options to granually change Time and Date font sizes as well as to swap Time and Date positions
    - Re-written code for album arts in Player widget. Hopefully this will fix most issues.
    - Some other fixes.
    - For built-in skins Icons are automatically setup when put on home screen or moved (based on skins' settings for particular Icon slot).
    giphy.gif