Fcc Car Launcher [official thread]

What do you want: a split screen functionality or a normal launcher behavior?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

matrixx1

Jan 30, 2011
Budapest
Android Wear
Hello

I am using pro version from store + latest beta from this thread on my MTCE PX6 with Hal9k MOD5.

With this Hal9k MOD5, the accessibility permissions only stay on if i add the FCC launcher to the list of apps which are kept in the memory when device is put to sleep.

Problem is that in this case the launcher doesn't "boot" and once the device wakes and takes me to the home screen, FCC will not start to play the last used music. If i don't add FCC to the list of apps which are kept in memory while device is in sleep mode, so FCC gets "killed" while asleep, and gets "booted" when head unit is woken, then last used music starts automatically when the home screen loads, but in this case accessibility permissions get disabled after every wake-up.

My question is: What features am I going to loose because of not activating accessibility settings for FCC launcher?

Music, starting automatically when device wakes up is very important to me.

Thanks

Unfortunately it's still not solved as I first thought

Can someone please tell me what features I will miss if I don't have accessibility service enabled for FCC launcher? Thank you

Last edited:

rigattoni

Apr 27, 2010
Fuerth
Hi @SpeedFire-
I would ask again after long time to get the Tasker "home" function with page settings working.

This is a test task to just to go to the home page 1 and after 2 sec. to page 2. Nothing changes...
1653568982799.png

Means, that I can chose a page in Tasker as it is supposed to be as shown in the pic above. This is just a test task, the original task is quite complicated and makes no sense to post it here.

Background:
I got a 12.2" and a 12.8" unit where I can turn the screen from portrait mode to landscape mode.
As soon as I turn the screen, Tasker recognizes the movement and should then switch to a special page in Fcc to look "nice and shiny". The regular setting is landscape mode and Fcc is setup for this mode. As soon as you turn the screen, the screen will get split up into 1/2 Fcc and the other half is navigation. Due to the different screen size in portrait mode, the Fcc main page looks terrible and needs an own setup... normally on page 3. I just removed the screen to set it up again, but... doesn´t make sense if I need to manually move to page 3 and back.

Long time ago we had a discussion about page 0 and page 1 and it worked for some time.
I didn´t try turning the screen for a long time now and I recognized that this is not working anymore. So I am not able to say when it stopped working... sorry.

By the way...
This issue with changing icons in the widgets:
That is really annoying and shows up in 4 different widget types:
  • Bluetooth app
  • WiFi widget
  • Weather widget
  • Brightness widget
It does not happen always but always the icons always switch to the same internal icon for Bluetooth (phone) and weather (randomly for all different stages) :
1653570053040.png

The WiFi widget icon switches always to the BMW picture which is not used in here,
The brightness widget does not show the "A" if it is set to automatic. It happens from time to time, reproducibility is some sort of "sometimes".

How to fix:
Open up the setting of the widget and just change the size of the icon and back... and the icon is okay again until it happens again.

Mostly after a clean reboot, the icons are back to normal... but not always. Deep Sleep does NOT repair the icons.

Last edited:
Reactions: okij

Nmc1988

May 28, 2022
Is there anyone know how to reset Trip data each time after booting ? I can choose Reset trip data in the fcc autostart, but it asked for confirmation of reset trip data after booting. I would like to reset trip data without confirmation! Thanks

Coconut_Drift

Apr 11, 2022
Has anyone else had an issue on the map widget where after the routing, the map zooms out the show the route then zooms in to user location then repeats this process of zooming in and out continuously.

bajoseph04

Oct 3, 2018
After being FCC user for the past 3 years, I decided to move away (at least for a while). Below are my observation of FCC.
1. It's too much customizable which is good for many but for someone looking for a quick setup, it doesn't suit perfectly.
2. Seems to be heavy on the headunit... yeah at least on my android headunit with 2gb RAM running android 6.
3. I've been a playstore beta tester and I frequently top up the xda version as well. One of the issue I've noticed with my unit is.. when FCC is set as launcher, the unit power down completely if the the car is turned off for even a couple of minutes (it takes 3 to 5 minutes for the unit to completely boot up while starting the car). But with the default launcher or others (I'll talk later), the head unit immediately wakes up. This is how it behaves for about 24 hrs... beyond that the unit takes its usual time to boot back.
4. I've lost the setup frequently and had to set it up again which is time consuming. (I know there is a backup and restore option. however, it has never restored 100%). Also I agree being a beta tester, this behaviour is verymuch expected.

with the above points I was looking for something quick and easy to setup since I lost my setup recently. I could come across a launcher called Autozen which seems to satisfy my needs and is far more light on the unit. The lifetime premium of the app is nearly 3 times that of FCC but considering the quick and easly setup, it wouldn't take me much time to restore even if I lose my settings (though it doesn't have a backup and restore option yet). Though the app is not 100% matured like the FCC and the customization options are limited, I prefer to go with it for now.

May be @SpeedFire- will launch another app as costly as autozen and is pretty simple, straight forward and light on the unit, I'll still purchase it (Lol!) and give it a spin. Who knows I may even come back to FCC someday when I get a headunit with a better configuration.

Btw I've got much support from this forum members and also @SpeedFire- has implemented one of my feature request in a day's time! Thanks much for @SpeedFire- and everyone here!

bajoseph04

Oct 3, 2018
Agree with you. But to make it look how one wants it to be, it still takes much time when something as simple as android auto with little more customization is okay with me considering the poor performance of my HU with FCC.
I fully understand we ask for more options and customization to the developers and it always take a hit at the performance of the unit. There need to be a balance of both and my HU is to be blamed here.

Reactions: okij

bomvol

Jun 12, 2009
If i set a route on the MiniMap using the destination buttons, it opens Google Maps, sets the route, goes home and draws the route on the MiniMap. Perfect!
But is there an easy way to get it to work the other way around? Setting a route in Google Maps and have that result also drawn on the MiniMap? Now I always have to add a new destination button with the location I found in GMaps and start it a second time plus, looking up a location by adding a new destination button lacks the intuitivity of GMaps.
Anybody can point me in the right direction, perhaps using Tasker, or something I might be missing.

Edit: Latest Beta from Play Store, Google api-key working,...

Last edited:

Magget

Mar 6, 2011
Hi!

New to FCC Car Launcher and I really enjoy it! There are a few things I'm trying to figure out...

My vehicle (Transit Connect Electric) doesn't use OBD2 standard PIDs so I have a CAN-dbc file that I have working with Torque to read different things from the CAN-bus. I would like to get this info included on my home screen as a widget in the same style as FCC widgets but can't get it to work in a good way. If I add a Torque widget the style will be completely off and it doesn't allow me to add my custom CAN-signals as widgets.

Is there any other widget out there that will take values from Torque and display them in a style that is compatible with FCC looks?

I also tried the FCC OBD-widget and that didn't work since my vehicle isn't OBD2 compliant and I use a USB-OBD interface. After trying this, every time I start the head unit I get a message that OBD widget can't connect to OBD adapter even after I removed the widget from home screen. Is there a way to deactivate this?

Thanks for a great launcher!

seb21

Feb 9, 2019
zabrze
Hi.
I can't make backup. Google Drive and SD card are not working.
Google Drive backup error message want me manually delete FCC backup folder but I don't have it.
The same problem occurs on three different devices, all android 10.
I have latest available in Play Store version installed, of course premium.
Is there any solution to this problem?

rigattoni

Apr 27, 2010
Fuerth
Hi.
I can't make backup. Google Drive and SD card are not working.
Google Drive backup error message want me manually delete FCC backup folder but I don't have it.
The same problem occurs on three different devices, all android 10.
I have latest available in Play Store version installed, of course premium.
Is there any solution to this problem?
Assign to the Beta channel in playstore, or just look some pages back, where SpeedFire posted a beta.

Reactions: okij and seb21

Magget

Mar 6, 2011
Hi!

New to FCC Car Launcher and I really enjoy it! There are a few things I'm trying to figure out...

My vehicle (Transit Connect Electric) doesn't use OBD2 standard PIDs so I have a CAN-dbc file that I have working with Torque to read different things from the CAN-bus. I would like to get this info included on my home screen as a widget in the same style as FCC widgets but can't get it to work in a good way. If I add a Torque widget the style will be completely off and it doesn't allow me to add my custom CAN-signals as widgets.

Is there any other widget out there that will take values from Torque and display them in a style that is compatible with FCC looks?

I also tried the FCC OBD-widget and that didn't work since my vehicle isn't OBD2 compliant and I use a USB-OBD interface. After trying this, every time I start the head unit I get a message that OBD widget can't connect to OBD adapter even after I removed the widget from home screen. Is there a way to deactivate this?

Thanks for a great launcher!
After some more investigation I found that the FCC OBD widget has an option for custom CAN data but I can't find any settings for custom channels or set it up to work with my USB-OBD reader. Maybe I need to go to a BT reader?

Does anyone have experience on setting up the FCC OBD widget to work with custom CAN channels?

In parallel I'm working on a theme for Torque to fit with the FCC look. Can anyone give me the FCC font used in other FCC widgets to use for my FCC style Torque theme?

rigattoni

Apr 27, 2010
Fuerth
Can anyone give me the FCC font used in other FCC widgets to use for my FCC style Torque theme?
Just have a look in the settings of Fcc. There you can find the current used font.

By the way...
OBD should not be used all the time. This is a diagnostic connector and is not for every day use. A failure of the OBD connector can damage your ECM... and I think this is nothing you want to have.

Top Liked Posts

With new great google maps widget , its time to change FCC home without FCC maps
    hmmm... I don´t think that the new widget will be available soon for our head units. It´s even not available for most of the phones.
    On the other side: This widget only shows the surrounding traffic and is not able to route. The other possible future features are even not yet available at all.

So if someone uses the Fcc maps, there is no way to use the same functionality with the Google widget...
    I already installed the v5 in the morning and no real issues found on my side... but I don´t use Google-Maps.
    Restore worked fine, just font settings had been set to "0" in my player widget to show artist and title.

All other widgets and buttons have been restored fine.
    Version 3.511 in Play Store beta channel is exactly the same as 3.509_v5 posted above.
    I just wanted to know if it still possible to post updates to Play Store. Seems yes. Which is good.
    New alpha version fcclauncher-3.511_v5.apk
    - Workaround for a NavRadio strange behaviour (a bug probably) which interrupted switching to another player.
    New alpha version fcclauncher-3.509_v5.apk:
    - Freeze during restore process fixed
    - Mode function slightly fixed
    - Switching between players may become more consistent
    - Updated to the latest libraries. Google for example mentioned that it has fixed memory leak in the location API library (https://developers.google.com/android/guides/releases#june_7_2022)
    With new great google maps widget , its time to change FCC home without FCC maps
    hmmm... I don´t think that the new widget will be available soon for our head units. It´s even not available for most of the phones.
    On the other side: This widget only shows the surrounding traffic and is not able to route. The other possible future features are even not yet available at all.

So if someone uses the Fcc maps, there is no way to use the same functionality with the Google widget...
    Hi, all!

Welcome to the official thread for FCC Car Launcher - a customizable auto launcher for android head units (Rockchip MTCB/MTCD+ and FlyAudio) as well as android smartphones/tablets.

Its major features:
    - Full function launcher with supports of all standard third party android widgets
    - Deep integration with head units (MCU etc). My mission here is to implement as many functions in the launcher itself as possible. In case of Rockchip devices to get rid of most xposed modules (my deep respect to their authors, great job, but they sometimes slow down the device significantly) and replace them with the normal built-in functions.
    - Customization. The FCC Cat Launcher has some built-in customizable widgets which can help to make your home screen more personal (you can adjust widgets size, colors, features etc).
    - Built-in music widget with support of FM Radio (with ability to give names to radio stations), Spotify, Google Music, PowerAmp, PC Radio, Neutron and Stellio players.
    - One-click navigation widgets with quick route building (supports Waze, Google Maps, Yandex Navigator and other navigation apps).
    - Phone calls via connected phone using 'Ok Google call [name]' request or by clicking on built-in Contact widget.
    - Other features.

FAQ
    1. I love MiniMap but can you put other navigation app there?
    Unfortunately this is not possible. MiniMap is part of FCC and is based on Google Maps API for Android. It is not another app (not even a Google Maps app), that can be just replaced within the FCC interface. Android does not allow to integrate third party apps (navigation apps) inside another third party apps (FCC Launcher).
    If your head Unit supports Split Screen (ie can display Two apps at the same time), this can be partially done with split screen.

2. Is it possible to cache maps for MiniMap for offline use?
    - Yes. In the latest FCC Launcher beta version you can select Offline Mapbox map and download it to your device.
    - For Google Maps - No. Caching is directly prohibited by Google license for using Google Maps API (MiniMap). Moreover, Google even does not provide developers with such a caching API. Therefore you will need a constant internet connection to use MiniMap. The somewhat good news is that the map itself does some short-term caching on your device, so it saves some data (but not too much).

3. Notifications are only popping up for a split second / flashing. How to fix this?
    That means that animations are disabled on your device.
    - Go to the device's Developer settings: FCC settings - System - Advanced - Developer settings (if it asks for code - it's "7890" for AllWinner T8).
    - Scroll down and change 3 parameters "Window animation scale", "Transition animation scale" and "Animation duration scale" from "Animation off" to "Animation scale 1x".

4. Routing on Google Maps in MiniMap doesn't work. It asks for API key. What should I do?
    - Turn-by-turn navigation in built-in Google Map fragment is directly prohibited by Google. Therefore it is not possible to use it. .However if you have your own Google Developer account (Google Maps API key) you can use it to draw a simple route line on the MiniMap. Please note that it will NOT have any turn-by-turn data like distance to next turn or estimated time of arrival.
    I do not recommend to purchase Google Developer account just for this feature:
    - Google Developer account will cost money for you (a one-off payment) which is reasonable only if you really want to develop android apps.
    - Routing requests cost money. But currently Google provides a 200$ per month free usage for Maps, Routes, and Places every month which should be enough for individual usage.
    Links: Get API key, Pricing. Don't forget to enable Maps API and Directions API in your Google Cloud Console.

Tutorial:

Translation to your language
    Guys, many of you suggested your help with translation of the app to your native languages.
    I have setup a translation project on OneSky site.
    Here is the link: HELP TRANSLATE FCC CAR LAUNCHER

Links:
    Release
    channel: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ru.speedfire.flycontrolcenter
    Beta channel: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/ru.speedfire.flycontrolcenter
    (I would suggest to stick with the release channel since beta channel can be really buggy sometimes and is intended for beta testers only)

As a developer I will be happy to discuss with you any ideas or issues.

Here is a couple of tutorials:
    1) Quick look on home screen setup process:

How to write LogCat log:
    You need to have ROOT:
    1. Install LogCat Extreme LogCat Extreme
    2. Select VERBOSE level of details (very important) Video 1
    3. Write and send log: Video 2

Initial setup (do this if you see black screen):
    Important checkbox during first setup:
    giphy.gif

Please make sure to check that checkbox "Always allow FCC Launcher to add widgets..".

Full setup process:
    giphy.gif
    pity that the developer is not dedicated to solving several bugs of this fantastic launcher, too many bugs for daily use is not so good unfortunately

How the Hell can you say that when @SpeedFire- has dedicated 100's , if not 1000's of hours developing this launcher, and for peanuts !!

I remember a time last year when he was on vacation, and even then, each night he worked on FCC, fixing bugs and greatly improving what was already there.

FCC is probably one of the most COMPLEX apps on Playstore.

My understanding is that he basically developed FCC for HIMSELF, because he was not satisfied with what was currently out there, and was good enough to share his work with anyone wanting to try it.

Because of technical complexities, this launcher is designed and developed for a limited number of Android systems, but that number is increasing all the time as he add new Units to those currently supported.

If you go out and purchase some obscure, budget China unit, that is not supported, you cannot blame anyone but yourself, if then you experience issues.

Just because you paid the developer a few dollars because YOU CHOSE TO DO SO does not mean that you OWN him, and can demand that he jumps at your every call ... it's not his work -- it's his HOBBY -- and you probably knew that going in .. so lighten up and stop giving him such a hard time.

BTW, I am also a developer, and I can tell you, if anyone else got involved in this complex app, it would most likely get totally screwed up, and dye -- that is assuming one could even find someone who would be willing to put in the time for next to nothing, while having the technical ability to actually contribute anything to the project.

Thank you @SpeedFire- for clearly the best Android launcher on the market, and for all your time and dedication in constantly improving it. It is very much appreciated I am sure by the majority of those using it, and you will always have my full support going into the future.
    Guys!
    It seems that I've found the best solution for Normal / Split-Screen modes. Take a look:

Here is a short demo of two modes in the alpha version:
    1) Normal mode - launcher does not support split screen (bad) but behaves as a normal launcher and is not visible in the list of recent apps (good).
    2) Split screen mode - launcher supports 50/50 multi window mode (good) but is visible in the list of recent apps (bad).

Every user can select the preferred mode!
    The app is now returned to the Play Store :)
    New beta is out:
    - All skins are re-designed for 6x10 grid (instead of previous 6x7 grid). You need to re-apply skin if you want to switch to a new skin.
    - You can choose your favourite skin during first time setup process.
    - Time widget has new options to granually change Time and Date font sizes as well as to swap Time and Date positions
    - Re-written code for album arts in Player widget. Hopefully this will fix most issues.
    - Some other fixes.
    - For built-in skins Icons are automatically setup when put on home screen or moved (based on skins' settings for particular Icon slot).
    giphy.gif