Fcc Car Launcher [official thread]

What do you want: a split screen functionality or a normal launcher behavior?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

HatManSan

Jan 5, 2010
@rigattoni I dont think it has anything to do with FCC, in fact I know it doesn't. Have flashed a stock ROM and still nothing works. Internet is fine. Downloading to the HU is fine etc, but nothing that needs to get "outside" works. I posted here simply because this the forum I frequent.

okij

Oct 24, 2012
Düsseldorf
@rigattoni I dont think it has anything to do with FCC, in fact I know it doesn't. Have flashed a stock ROM and still nothing works. Internet is fine. Downloading to the HU is fine etc, but nothing that needs to get "outside" works. I posted here simply because this the forum I frequent.
I guess that your issues are caused by webview update, please read on Hak9k v5 thread, there are many posts about it. It's said that this bug already is in the Chinese Android 10 stock ROMs, so they also seem to be affected.

From what I read only uninstalling the webview update helps as a workaround. I didn't have to try this myself because fortunately I stayed on Hal9k v4.2.1 which isn't affected.

Good luck!

Reactions: HatManSan

rayw

Sep 24, 2008
London
Hi everyone ,
I have been using FL for a while in different cars and I love almost everything until the new update which I have few issues and I would love if anyone can help sorting these issues. I've got the pro version.
My HD is:
MCU: UIS7862 OCTA-CORE 1.8GHZ
CAN: XC-GBJR-0722V704
I have the firmware for this unit if it does help let me know if you need it.

1. I am not sure what device type I need to s3lect?
2. Every time it starts I get a pop-up to select the launcher although I had set it up as the default.
3. Widgets almost every time it starts I get some of the text and not all, example the street name come with just three or four letters.

A request that would be great if we can have it please Dev, background style like RX to have it also the opposite side, the shade to be on the left too, that would be great to have it on all of the options.

Great work Dev and keep it up as this is the best car launcher out there.

Attachments

• 1655478554983325685295009029659.jpg
    1655478554983325685295009029659.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 37
  • 16554785806494731058794165362711.jpg
    16554785806494731058794165362711.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 37

HatManSan

Jan 5, 2010
@okij You are right and I am grateful you chimed in. I am going to flash Hal9k v5 ROM and then remove Webview and see what happens. The webview update that is bugged must be new as this issue has never arisen for me before but that component was updated last week.. Thank you

Reactions: okij

HatManSan

Jan 5, 2010
Right, I am back, sorry!

Can I outline what I have done and how so someone may correct me please. I am posting here again as the end result I seek revolves around FCC.

Prior to being tipped off that Webview is broken, I had purged the HU and wiped cache. This doesn't actually get rid of the OS as of course the radio boots again, so using the options under the recovery menu are they correct?

I downloaded the image of Android 10 stock for GS. Flashed it, signed in to Google etc and noted the device my PX6 is not Play Protect Certified. Never seen it before, but never looked. Play Service were on version 16.... Clicking on it says an update is available and it will be downloaded. There is never a record of that happening, but after a restart the version eventually changes to 24... but still says it is out of date. With WebView not updated, Chrome , Flight Radar etc work. Sygic does not. I downloaded an earlier version of Sygic and ran that and it too does not run. I let everything in the PlayStore I had before update and install except FCC and Webview at this time. Running the stock launcher, Chrome etc works, but Sygic does not.

After a while I check to see what updates are available and once again Play Store says there is a services update and Google will not work without it. Seemingly without intervention GPS updates to version 30... On restarting, Chrome no longer works and Sygic is still dead. Flight Radar does. Google again tells me the Play Services are out of date and the update will happen. I see nothing change.

I research Webview and note it was updated a few days ago claiming bugfixes. As Chrome no longer works I figured try it. It installs without issue. I restart, Chrome still doesnt work, neither does Flight Radar or any other app that needs web access. BBC Weather, Youtube, Sygic, dead.

I uninstall Webview using the Manage option in the standard built in apk. Restart. No change.

I repeat the above only with Hal9k without FCC and end up in exactly the same place. The HU is currently useless.

Before running to v5 of FCC to see if the player widget worked without changing to a Sat logo everytime the headlights come one, all was well. All apps worked. The only trouble I would get is with the player widget and I guess the Canbus. P.s the player widget no longer changed to a sat logo when the lights come on.

I think I am doing something round with reference to purging the HU. I don't think I am actually getting rid of the OS and simply overwriting each time leaving crap behind. Advise pleeeeeeeeeeeeease!

okij

Oct 24, 2012
Düsseldorf
@HatManSan: Phew, what a mess, I'm really sorry for you!

Since these problems are not FFC related, you should seek for help in the Hal9k Mod v5 thread. Chances are better that users who are in the same situation can give you some assistance.

But since these webview problems only exist on Android 10 roms including Hal9k Mod v5 and IMHO are unlikely to get fixed, I would strongly advise you to downgrade to Hal9k v4 (then updating to v4.2.1), as I saw that you used it before and as it's still working very well on my head unit.

HatManSan

Jan 5, 2010
@HatManSan: Phew, what a mess, I'm really sorry for you!

Since these problems are not FFC related, you should seek for help in the Hal9k Mod v5 thread. Chances are better that users who are in the same situation can give you some assistance.

But since these webview problems only exist on Android 10 roms including Hal9k Mod v5 and IMHO are unlikely to get fixed, I would strongly advise you to downgrade to Hal9k v4 (then updating to v4.2.1), as I saw that you used it before and as it's still working very well on my head unit.
@okij understood. I will do that and downgrade to 4.21. Thank you

nihonjin

Aug 24, 2008
Hi everyone is there a way to set the trip computer to auto reset every time the launcher restarts ie you start the car? Having to manually remember to press on it to restart each trip is hard to do. Thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: okij

sieutathan98

Jun 13, 2022
S
Hi everyone is there a way to set the trip computer to auto reset everything the launcher restarts ie you start the car? Having to manually remember to press on it to restart each trip is hard to do. Thanks
I also suffer like you. Every morning when starting the car, there is a notification panel to choose a launcher. I click always select but it still doesn't remember .

Pavel-71

Jul 9, 2020
Hi everyone is there a way to set the trip computer to auto reset every time the launcher restarts ie you start the car? Having to manually remember to press on it to restart each trip is hard to do. Thanks
Maybe BootControl will solve your problem:

nihonjin

Aug 24, 2008
Thanks @Pavel-71 I'll give it a try.

Update: seems either I have misunderstood how the trip computer widget works within FCC launcher or I have not explained my question. The trip computer is a built in widget that doesn't reset unless you manually press on it and I would like to have the option to have it auto restart each time fcc launcher starts. So it requires a manual press for now.

Last edited:

FinalX

May 13, 2022
In this case you need to blame your head unit seller. Sorry, but Fcc is not able to bypass the head unit restrictions.
i think he has the same thing i have going into setting then system and play around with the run in split screen mode setting maybe enable maybe disable, fcc has 2 ways of working 1 default launcher 1 in the recent apps thingy. changing it to split screen mode made it work for me. it has to do with the poll on the top of this post. i preffer a normal launcher but some ppl do not. i forgot wich android version has this issue i think it was android 10+

its on page 380 #7,590

Last edited:

Nmc1988

May 28, 2022
Thanks @Pavel-71 I'll give it a try.

Update: seems either I have misunderstood how the trip computer widget works within FCC launcher or I have not explained my question. The trip computer is a built in widget that doesn't reset unless you manually press on it and I would like to have the option to have it auto restart each time fcc launcher starts. So it requires a manual press for now.
hello, fcc has option to run "reset trip data" for each starts (in autostart option in setting) but you have to press ok to confirm resetting trip data, so it is annoying. Hope @SpeedFire- can fix it in the next beta version

Reactions: nihonjin and okij

sieutathan98

Jun 13, 2022
In this case you need to blame your head unit seller. Sorry, but Fcc is not able to bypass the head unit restrictions.
image here. Every morning when I start the car, a notification will appear to select a launcher. while i have clicked always select and in android head i have also defaulted to choose fcc launcher as main launcher. when using version 3.442 on ch play, it doesn't work. Now using version 3.511 new problem. i use android 10

Attachments

• C76A3C19-5AAA-4324-9EC2-F25161688DF1.jpeg
    C76A3C19-5AAA-4324-9EC2-F25161688DF1.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 33
  • 6546C534-D777-43CB-8366-268597749E14.jpeg
    6546C534-D777-43CB-8366-268597749E14.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 31

rigattoni

Apr 27, 2010
Fuerth
image here. Every morning when I start the car, a notification will appear to select a launcher. while i have clicked always select and in android head i have also defaulted to choose fcc launcher as main launcher. when using version 3.442 on ch play, it doesn't work. Now using version 3.511 new problem. i use android 10
As I said. Nothing to do with Fcc itself.
Reported a couple of times now in Fcc, but was always some issue with the system itself.
You can try to remove the other car launcher you have installed. May be this Car Map Launcher is the culprit.

sieutathan98

Jun 13, 2022
As I said. Nothing to do with Fcc itself.
Reported a couple of times now in Fcc, but was always some issue with the system itself.
You can try to remove the other car launcher you have installed. May be this Car Map Launcher is the culprit.
ok thank you let me remove the car map launcher . and launcher 3 is the factory default launcher

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    fcclauncher-3.520_v2.apk
    - New option added - "reset trip data - every boot / every day / never" (it can be found in trip widgets' settings and in Fcc Settings - System - Autostart).
    Here is a new alpha. fcclauncher-3.515_v2.apk:
    1) There was eliminated an excessive update of widgets during program start. The launcher can start a little bit faster now.
    2) SDK version was upgraded from 32 to 33 (new Android version)
    Please test
    Hi all,

I have plans to release current beta-version (3.515) as a release version if everything is OK.
    Is there someone who prefers the current release version over the beta-version? Why?
    Version 3.520 is live in the release channel of Play Store.
    I hope it will be fine.
    So I guess the man is busy or something big is coming up.
    At least no one knows... I just have minor issues, not to mention, because it seems to be firmware related.
    @SpeedFire- released a new version 3.515 on his beta channel on Play Store. It has updated libraries and crashes fixed. :)(y)
    Hi, all!

Welcome to the official thread for FCC Car Launcher - a customizable auto launcher for android head units (Rockchip MTCB/MTCD+ and FlyAudio) as well as android smartphones/tablets.

Its major features:
    - Full function launcher with supports of all standard third party android widgets
    - Deep integration with head units (MCU etc). My mission here is to implement as many functions in the launcher itself as possible. In case of Rockchip devices to get rid of most xposed modules (my deep respect to their authors, great job, but they sometimes slow down the device significantly) and replace them with the normal built-in functions.
    - Customization. The FCC Cat Launcher has some built-in customizable widgets which can help to make your home screen more personal (you can adjust widgets size, colors, features etc).
    - Built-in music widget with support of FM Radio (with ability to give names to radio stations), Spotify, Google Music, PowerAmp, PC Radio, Neutron and Stellio players.
    - One-click navigation widgets with quick route building (supports Waze, Google Maps, Yandex Navigator and other navigation apps).
    - Phone calls via connected phone using 'Ok Google call [name]' request or by clicking on built-in Contact widget.
    - Other features.

FAQ
    1. I love MiniMap but can you put other navigation app there?
    Unfortunately this is not possible. MiniMap is part of FCC and is based on Google Maps API for Android. It is not another app (not even a Google Maps app), that can be just replaced within the FCC interface. Android does not allow to integrate third party apps (navigation apps) inside another third party apps (FCC Launcher).
    If your head Unit supports Split Screen (ie can display Two apps at the same time), this can be partially done with split screen.

2. Is it possible to cache maps for MiniMap for offline use?
    - Yes. In the latest FCC Launcher beta version you can select Offline Mapbox map and download it to your device.
    - For Google Maps - No. Caching is directly prohibited by Google license for using Google Maps API (MiniMap). Moreover, Google even does not provide developers with such a caching API. Therefore you will need a constant internet connection to use MiniMap. The somewhat good news is that the map itself does some short-term caching on your device, so it saves some data (but not too much).

3. Notifications are only popping up for a split second / flashing. How to fix this?
    That means that animations are disabled on your device.
    - Go to the device's Developer settings: FCC settings - System - Advanced - Developer settings (if it asks for code - it's "7890" for AllWinner T8).
    - Scroll down and change 3 parameters "Window animation scale", "Transition animation scale" and "Animation duration scale" from "Animation off" to "Animation scale 1x".

4. Routing on Google Maps in MiniMap doesn't work. It asks for API key. What should I do?
    - Turn-by-turn navigation in built-in Google Map fragment is directly prohibited by Google. Therefore it is not possible to use it. .However if you have your own Google Developer account (Google Maps API key) you can use it to draw a simple route line on the MiniMap. Please note that it will NOT have any turn-by-turn data like distance to next turn or estimated time of arrival.
    I do not recommend to purchase Google Developer account just for this feature:
    - Google Developer account will cost money for you (a one-off payment) which is reasonable only if you really want to develop android apps.
    - Routing requests cost money. But currently Google provides a 200$ per month free usage for Maps, Routes, and Places every month which should be enough for individual usage.
    Links: Get API key, Pricing. Don't forget to enable Maps API and Directions API in your Google Cloud Console.

Tutorial:

Translation to your language
    Guys, many of you suggested your help with translation of the app to your native languages.
    I have setup a translation project on OneSky site.
    Here is the link: HELP TRANSLATE FCC CAR LAUNCHER

Links:
    Release
    channel: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ru.speedfire.flycontrolcenter
    Beta channel: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/ru.speedfire.flycontrolcenter
    (I would suggest to stick with the release channel since beta channel can be really buggy sometimes and is intended for beta testers only)

As a developer I will be happy to discuss with you any ideas or issues.

Here is a couple of tutorials:
    1) Quick look on home screen setup process:

How to write LogCat log:
    You need to have ROOT:
    1. Install LogCat Extreme LogCat Extreme
    2. Select VERBOSE level of details (very important) Video 1
    3. Write and send log: Video 2

Initial setup (do this if you see black screen):
    Important checkbox during first setup:
    giphy.gif

Please make sure to check that checkbox "Always allow FCC Launcher to add widgets..".

Full setup process:
    giphy.gif
    pity that the developer is not dedicated to solving several bugs of this fantastic launcher, too many bugs for daily use is not so good unfortunately

How the Hell can you say that when @SpeedFire- has dedicated 100's , if not 1000's of hours developing this launcher, and for peanuts !!

I remember a time last year when he was on vacation, and even then, each night he worked on FCC, fixing bugs and greatly improving what was already there.

FCC is probably one of the most COMPLEX apps on Playstore.

My understanding is that he basically developed FCC for HIMSELF, because he was not satisfied with what was currently out there, and was good enough to share his work with anyone wanting to try it.

Because of technical complexities, this launcher is designed and developed for a limited number of Android systems, but that number is increasing all the time as he add new Units to those currently supported.

If you go out and purchase some obscure, budget China unit, that is not supported, you cannot blame anyone but yourself, if then you experience issues.

Just because you paid the developer a few dollars because YOU CHOSE TO DO SO does not mean that you OWN him, and can demand that he jumps at your every call ... it's not his work -- it's his HOBBY -- and you probably knew that going in .. so lighten up and stop giving him such a hard time.

BTW, I am also a developer, and I can tell you, if anyone else got involved in this complex app, it would most likely get totally screwed up, and dye -- that is assuming one could even find someone who would be willing to put in the time for next to nothing, while having the technical ability to actually contribute anything to the project.

Thank you @SpeedFire- for clearly the best Android launcher on the market, and for all your time and dedication in constantly improving it. It is very much appreciated I am sure by the majority of those using it, and you will always have my full support going into the future.
    Guys!
    It seems that I've found the best solution for Normal / Split-Screen modes. Take a look:

Here is a short demo of two modes in the alpha version:
    1) Normal mode - launcher does not support split screen (bad) but behaves as a normal launcher and is not visible in the list of recent apps (good).
    2) Split screen mode - launcher supports 50/50 multi window mode (good) but is visible in the list of recent apps (bad).

Every user can select the preferred mode!
    The app is now returned to the Play Store :)
    New beta is out:
    - All skins are re-designed for 6x10 grid (instead of previous 6x7 grid). You need to re-apply skin if you want to switch to a new skin.
    - You can choose your favourite skin during first time setup process.
    - Time widget has new options to granually change Time and Date font sizes as well as to swap Time and Date positions
    - Re-written code for album arts in Player widget. Hopefully this will fix most issues.
    - Some other fixes.
    - For built-in skins Icons are automatically setup when put on home screen or moved (based on skins' settings for particular Icon slot).
    giphy.gif