Fcc Car Launcher [official thread]

What do you want: a split screen functionality or a normal launcher behavior?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

kill_one

Oct 27, 2010
Guys it also happens to you that when you listen to the radio via a pre-installed application or Navradio the volume does not stop or lower when a message or notification arrives as it happens with other apps such as POWERAMP or SPOTIFY, it happens especially with the voice in google maps or when he says something via tts with tasker, the end result is that what he says is not heard because it is covered by the music of the radio. Thanks in advance for the help.. :)

is there a solution or a workaround? Is it possible to set the mute volume with tasker?

kel28

Jun 29, 2022
Hi I've the paid version of FCC app, installed the app on my car's android unit, followed through all the instructions (including allowing all access requirements) but when I went through a cold start of my car, I could not access the widgets anymore. Seems like there's something restricting the usage of widgets on FCC. Is there anything I can do to open up the access?

ric69

Jan 3, 2007
With new great google maps widget , its time to change FCC home without FCC maps

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220630-050100_One UI Home.jpg
    Screenshot_20220630-050100_One UI Home.jpg
    311.5 KB · Views: 148

rigattoni

Apr 27, 2010
Fuerth
With new great google maps widget , its time to change FCC home without FCC maps
hmmm... I don´t think that the new widget will be available soon for our head units. It´s even not available for most of the phones.
On the other side: This widget only shows the surrounding traffic and is not able to route. The other possible future features are even not yet available at all.

So if someone uses the Fcc maps, there is no way to use the same functionality with the Google widget...

Reactions: okij and ric69

ric69

Jan 3, 2007
You are right yes ... even if I have 11.36.2 on unit and 11.35.1 version on my phone

There's no such widget on unit for moment, hope they will include one day ^^

mariodantas

Guys it also happens to you that when you listen to the radio via a pre-installed application or Navradio the volume does not stop or lower when a message or notification arrives
Yes, in my case when FCC speaks (say i.e. hour) the volume of the background player does not goes lower, and as I use PowerAmp Equalizer, this one stops processing audio after FCC speaks (the background player does not send audio to PowerAmp Equalizer anymore)

It sounds like FCC dirturbs PowerAmp Equalizer when it comes to say anything

rigattoni

Apr 27, 2010
Fuerth
Yes, in my case when FCC speaks (say i.e. hour) the volume of the background player does not goes lower, and as I use PowerAmp Equalizer, this one stops processing audio after FCC speaks (the background player does not send audio to PowerAmp Equalizer anymore)

It sounds like FCC dirturbs PowerAmp Equalizer when it comes to say anything
Poweramp is well known for having issues with muxing. That was the reason I removed PowerAmp and don´t have this issue with all other player, navigation or anything else.... but I don´t use Fcc to tell the time. ;)

KeithW205

May 31, 2022
After purchasing Car Launcher Pro & CarWebGuru, I have purchased FCC Car Launcher and have found FCC to be the one! Definitely has everything I was looking for. My primary main screen use is a moving map display and a streaming music player. Both look great but...

I'm having an issue with the map working (Google/minimap). As soon as FCC boots, it will "most times" briefly update my position then be stuck there. The behavior is erratic, most times the embedded map will not update or move or even show the pointer, but sometimes it does for a moment. ONE TIME, it worked exactly as it is supposed to on a 5-minute drive, which was wonderful! Until I turned the car off and it hasn't been back since.

At the same time the map is not "live", I also get an error message overlay on the FC Compass widget (which is also not updating) "No GPS Permission".

I have location always enabled for both FCC Car Launcher and FCC Compass. During all of these times I have great GPS satellite reception and other stand-alone apps that use location services work just fine (i.e.; Google Maps app).

I also removed any battery usage restrictions from FCC Launcher and Compass.

Has anyone else experienced troubles with the map not moving/updating and the compass? This is about to drive me insane. I was initially on the most recent Play Store version. I updated to the latest Play Store Beta version today, which has some great changes, but my same issue persists. It's almost like FCC gets the location for a second(s) after boot-up then loses it.

I have installed on an aftermarket 12.3" Android screen (Android 11, Qualcomm Snapdragon 662 8-core, 6GB RAM) and the unit has a live internet connection through a 4G SIM card if that means anything. :)

Thank you for any help with this before I start lighting things on fire. :p

nihonjin

Aug 24, 2008
@KeithW205 I found I had to setup a tasker task to turn location off and on again when my HU boots up into FCC launcher. If you manually turn off and on again and ensure you have internet connection does that make it work for you? It's what I have to do and have same Android 11 spandragon unit myself.

Reactions: rigattoni

ric69

Jan 3, 2007
On last update, pictures of album are no more animated in widget. Its fix but I'm not sure if it's problem with spotify

SpeedFire-

Oct 11, 2011
Moscow
After purchasing Car Launcher Pro & CarWebGuru, I have purchased FCC Car Launcher and have found FCC to be the one! Definitely has everything I was looking for. My primary main screen use is a moving map display and a streaming music player. Both look great but...

I'm having an issue with the map working (Google/minimap). As soon as FCC boots, it will "most times" briefly update my position then be stuck there. The behavior is erratic, most times the embedded map will not update or move or even show the pointer, but sometimes it does for a moment. ONE TIME, it worked exactly as it is supposed to on a 5-minute drive, which was wonderful! Until I turned the car off and it hasn't been back since.

At the same time the map is not "live", I also get an error message overlay on the FC Compass widget (which is also not updating) "No GPS Permission".

I have location always enabled for both FCC Car Launcher and FCC Compass. During all of these times I have great GPS satellite reception and other stand-alone apps that use location services work just fine (i.e.; Google Maps app).

I also removed any battery usage restrictions from FCC Launcher and Compass.

Has anyone else experienced troubles with the map not moving/updating and the compass? This is about to drive me insane. I was initially on the most recent Play Store version. I updated to the latest Play Store Beta version today, which has some great changes, but my same issue persists. It's almost like FCC gets the location for a second(s) after boot-up then loses it.

I have installed on an aftermarket 12.3" Android screen (Android 11, Qualcomm Snapdragon 662 8-core, 6GB RAM) and the unit has a live internet connection through a 4G SIM card if that means anything. :)

Thank you for any help with this before I start lighting things on fire. :p
Have you tried the latest Beta version of the FCC Car Launcher? If not, please try.
Beta channel: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/ru.speedfire.flycontrolcenter

KeithW205

May 31, 2022
@KeithW205 I found I had to setup a tasker task to turn location off and on again when my HU boots up into FCC launcher. If you manually turn off and on again and ensure you have internet connection does that make it work for you? It's what I have to do and have same Android 11 spandragon unit myself.

Thank you so very much for your reply! This "fixes" it! After FCC boot, cycling location off then back on eliminates the issue and all works as expected for me. Thanks again! This is another example of how valuable these public forums are. :)

Tasker is new to me, I just downloaded it and it's not very intuitive. Looks like I have some work to do figuring it out. In the meantime, I added a shortcut icon to my home screen that opens location settings and I'll do it manually like this until I can figure out Tasker properly and get this "fix" automated.

Cheers!

Reactions: okij and rigattoni

KeithW205

May 31, 2022
Have you tried the latest Beta version of the FCC Car Launcher? If not, please try.
Beta channel: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/ru.speedfire.flycontrolcenter

Yes, thank you. I think I have the latest Beta version. I upgraded from the Play Store Beta channel yesterday (2022-07-07). Reporting as Version 3.512 within my installed instance (which did not eliminate my location services/GPS issue).

Since @nihonjin experienced the same issues as me and is also running Android 11, this may be an Android 11-specific issue? I now wonder if anyone else here is running Android 11 and has not had location services issues?

On a side note, I thank you, any other developers/coders, and anyone who has helped test/QA this awesome application. The more time I spend with FCC, the more I appreciate all the deep-level settings, configurations, and styling control options. Massive thumbs-up and kudos!

Some additional info about my system as an FYI:
Android 11 - Kernel version: 4.19.157
Device: Snapdragon662

Thanks!

Reactions: okij and rigattoni

kikookub

Jul 11, 2022
Hello,
first of all - after years of using Nova Launcher I overlooked this hidden gem, thank you for all the hard work you put in FCC Launcher, the customization possibilites are endless and far deeper than I initially thought. I was finally able to create my perfect dashboard aka. the CarPlay android offline bootleg as I call it (I will post the pic of the setup). I only should have bought the premium version sooner, wish I knew.

I have couple of minor issues:
- My CSN2 PX5 head unit does not have a compass and pretty spotty GPS (mainly on cold boot) as far as I know, this causes strange behaviour in the MapBox offline map widget. When the car is standing still / stationary, the compass rotates erratically around in all directions, I was looking through this thread and noticed some users in 2019 reported this issue and your explaination was that you are using your own customized implementation on Google Maps widget that helps with this strange compass behavior and some other minor issues. Would it be possible to just lock the widget to stay on the last compass orientation under 5 km/h for example? I thought I can partially bypass this with compass locked to north but it seems to reset after couple of seconds have passed.

- Is it possible to hide the white/blue arrow location marker from the MapBox map widget? Custom blank .png image does not seem to work on MapBox (latest alpha build), I would like to hide it because sometimes if shoots off away from the road, so it would be cleaner looking without it (In my use case, I just need the widget to see map around my location, not my exact location).

- Sometimes the last street name gets stuck on the widget (I live near smaller towns, maybe no data or street name for the "new" street I am passing through?) , is it possible to create / set some timer so the last shown street name just fades away if it has not been updated for 30 seconds?

I know that just using Google Maps API would probably fix many of the issues but I am using the head unit without 4g modem and fully offline, so thats off the table at the moment.

fcc_cp_1.jpg

Reactions: okij

kill_one

Oct 27, 2010
hey guys, does the google maps voice to you turn down the volume while listening to the radio (navradio or original app) when talking?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    fcclauncher-3.520_v2.apk
    - New option added - "reset trip data - every boot / every day / never" (it can be found in trip widgets' settings and in Fcc Settings - System - Autostart).
    Hi all,

I have plans to release current beta-version (3.515) as a release version if everything is OK.
    Is there someone who prefers the current release version over the beta-version? Why?
    Here is a new alpha. fcclauncher-3.515_v2.apk:
    1) There was eliminated an excessive update of widgets during program start. The launcher can start a little bit faster now.
    2) SDK version was upgraded from 32 to 33 (new Android version)
    Please test
    Version 3.520 is live in the release channel of Play Store.
    I hope it will be fine.
    So I guess the man is busy or something big is coming up.
    At least no one knows... I just have minor issues, not to mention, because it seems to be firmware related.
    @SpeedFire- released a new version 3.515 on his beta channel on Play Store. It has updated libraries and crashes fixed. :)(y)
    Hi, all!

Welcome to the official thread for FCC Car Launcher - a customizable auto launcher for android head units (Rockchip MTCB/MTCD+ and FlyAudio) as well as android smartphones/tablets.

Its major features:
    - Full function launcher with supports of all standard third party android widgets
    - Deep integration with head units (MCU etc). My mission here is to implement as many functions in the launcher itself as possible. In case of Rockchip devices to get rid of most xposed modules (my deep respect to their authors, great job, but they sometimes slow down the device significantly) and replace them with the normal built-in functions.
    - Customization. The FCC Cat Launcher has some built-in customizable widgets which can help to make your home screen more personal (you can adjust widgets size, colors, features etc).
    - Built-in music widget with support of FM Radio (with ability to give names to radio stations), Spotify, Google Music, PowerAmp, PC Radio, Neutron and Stellio players.
    - One-click navigation widgets with quick route building (supports Waze, Google Maps, Yandex Navigator and other navigation apps).
    - Phone calls via connected phone using 'Ok Google call [name]' request or by clicking on built-in Contact widget.
    - Other features.

FAQ
    1. I love MiniMap but can you put other navigation app there?
    Unfortunately this is not possible. MiniMap is part of FCC and is based on Google Maps API for Android. It is not another app (not even a Google Maps app), that can be just replaced within the FCC interface. Android does not allow to integrate third party apps (navigation apps) inside another third party apps (FCC Launcher).
    If your head Unit supports Split Screen (ie can display Two apps at the same time), this can be partially done with split screen.

2. Is it possible to cache maps for MiniMap for offline use?
    - Yes. In the latest FCC Launcher beta version you can select Offline Mapbox map and download it to your device.
    - For Google Maps - No. Caching is directly prohibited by Google license for using Google Maps API (MiniMap). Moreover, Google even does not provide developers with such a caching API. Therefore you will need a constant internet connection to use MiniMap. The somewhat good news is that the map itself does some short-term caching on your device, so it saves some data (but not too much).

3. Notifications are only popping up for a split second / flashing. How to fix this?
    That means that animations are disabled on your device.
    - Go to the device's Developer settings: FCC settings - System - Advanced - Developer settings (if it asks for code - it's "7890" for AllWinner T8).
    - Scroll down and change 3 parameters "Window animation scale", "Transition animation scale" and "Animation duration scale" from "Animation off" to "Animation scale 1x".

4. Routing on Google Maps in MiniMap doesn't work. It asks for API key. What should I do?
    - Turn-by-turn navigation in built-in Google Map fragment is directly prohibited by Google. Therefore it is not possible to use it. .However if you have your own Google Developer account (Google Maps API key) you can use it to draw a simple route line on the MiniMap. Please note that it will NOT have any turn-by-turn data like distance to next turn or estimated time of arrival.
    I do not recommend to purchase Google Developer account just for this feature:
    - Google Developer account will cost money for you (a one-off payment) which is reasonable only if you really want to develop android apps.
    - Routing requests cost money. But currently Google provides a 200$ per month free usage for Maps, Routes, and Places every month which should be enough for individual usage.
    Links: Get API key, Pricing. Don't forget to enable Maps API and Directions API in your Google Cloud Console.

Tutorial:

Translation to your language
    Guys, many of you suggested your help with translation of the app to your native languages.
    I have setup a translation project on OneSky site.
    Here is the link: HELP TRANSLATE FCC CAR LAUNCHER

Links:
    Release
    channel: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ru.speedfire.flycontrolcenter
    (I would suggest to stick with the release channel since beta channel can be really buggy sometimes and is intended for beta testers only)

As a developer I will be happy to discuss with you any ideas or issues.

Here is a couple of tutorials:
    1) Quick look on home screen setup process:

How to write LogCat log:
    You need to have ROOT:
    1. Install LogCat Extreme LogCat Extreme
    2. Select VERBOSE level of details (very important) Video 1
    3. Write and send log: Video 2

Initial setup (do this if you see black screen):
    Important checkbox during first setup:
    giphy.gif

Please make sure to check that checkbox "Always allow FCC Launcher to add widgets..".

Full setup process:
    giphy.gif
    pity that the developer is not dedicated to solving several bugs of this fantastic launcher, too many bugs for daily use is not so good unfortunately

How the Hell can you say that when @SpeedFire- has dedicated 100's , if not 1000's of hours developing this launcher, and for peanuts !!

I remember a time last year when he was on vacation, and even then, each night he worked on FCC, fixing bugs and greatly improving what was already there.

FCC is probably one of the most COMPLEX apps on Playstore.

My understanding is that he basically developed FCC for HIMSELF, because he was not satisfied with what was currently out there, and was good enough to share his work with anyone wanting to try it.

Because of technical complexities, this launcher is designed and developed for a limited number of Android systems, but that number is increasing all the time as he add new Units to those currently supported.

If you go out and purchase some obscure, budget China unit, that is not supported, you cannot blame anyone but yourself, if then you experience issues.

Just because you paid the developer a few dollars because YOU CHOSE TO DO SO does not mean that you OWN him, and can demand that he jumps at your every call ... it's not his work -- it's his HOBBY -- and you probably knew that going in .. so lighten up and stop giving him such a hard time.

BTW, I am also a developer, and I can tell you, if anyone else got involved in this complex app, it would most likely get totally screwed up, and dye -- that is assuming one could even find someone who would be willing to put in the time for next to nothing, while having the technical ability to actually contribute anything to the project.

Thank you @SpeedFire- for clearly the best Android launcher on the market, and for all your time and dedication in constantly improving it. It is very much appreciated I am sure by the majority of those using it, and you will always have my full support going into the future.
    Guys!
    It seems that I've found the best solution for Normal / Split-Screen modes. Take a look:

Here is a short demo of two modes in the alpha version:
    1) Normal mode - launcher does not support split screen (bad) but behaves as a normal launcher and is not visible in the list of recent apps (good).
    2) Split screen mode - launcher supports 50/50 multi window mode (good) but is visible in the list of recent apps (bad).

Every user can select the preferred mode!
    The app is now returned to the Play Store :)
    New beta is out:
    - All skins are re-designed for 6x10 grid (instead of previous 6x7 grid). You need to re-apply skin if you want to switch to a new skin.
    - You can choose your favourite skin during first time setup process.
    - Time widget has new options to granually change Time and Date font sizes as well as to swap Time and Date positions
    - Re-written code for album arts in Player widget. Hopefully this will fix most issues.
    - Some other fixes.
    - For built-in skins Icons are automatically setup when put on home screen or moved (based on skins' settings for particular Icon slot).
    giphy.gif