Fcc Car Launcher [official thread]

What do you want: a split screen functionality or a normal launcher behavior?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

hanichl

Jun 6, 2012
Bavaria
SOLVED - did settings for default launcher in Android System - Apps -FCC Launcher. That made it ,

How to make FCC the default launcher on UIS7862 unit ???

Dont punish me, have trouble to get payed FCC as standard launcher on a Joying UIS7862 unit.
Coming over -> FCC settings -> System , try to make fcc launcher the standard launcher, no reply, the dialogue windows disappears - nothing happens..
I already uninstalled AGAMA launcher, no effect. Only standard launcher4 and FCC are present.
Changing the launcher over custom joying settings is not possibke, there is only "Kauncher4" preset, no other option to choose
Is this the wrong way, or whatever can i do ? Have pity on me, i can and will not read the ninethousand posts before .... Thanks in advance !!
P.S.: in FCC - Device - PX5 was selected, is this the right one for UIS7862 ???

Last edited:

uktim32

Nov 16, 2021
Does anyone know how to add this icon pack to FCC Launcher?

I've tried and selected them under the display settings but it doesn't work.

Is it a case of the icon developer needs to add FCC Launcher to it's options or FCC Launcher needs to make compatibility for that icon pack?

bsavoir22

Sep 23, 2013
Texas
Been using this app since 2017 and never had this issue at all, not until this new update. I'm glad it's got a sleek upgraded look.

The icons only widget style doesn't seem to align the way they used to. I have played around with the settings for the Margins and widget padding and nothing seemed to get them to align.

Attachments

• 20220802_184947.jpg
    20220802_184947.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 110

hanichl

Jun 6, 2012
Bavaria

rigattoni

Apr 27, 2010
Fuerth
Servus, you can easy do it yourself, see Post #1 :
"Translation to your language
Guys, many of you suggested your help with translation of the app to your native languages.
I have setup a translation project on OneSky site.
Here is the link: HELP TRANSLATE FCC CAR LAUNCHER "
Servus hanichl,

SpeedFire_ has to push new phrases to OneSky first.
Then we are able to provide the translation. As far as I can see, these phrases are not available yet.

Reactions: hanichl and okij

kolega16

Apr 27, 2022
Kazan
AT&T Captivate
Servus, you can easy do it yourself, see Post #1 :
"Translation to your language
Guys, many of you suggested your help with translation of the app to your native languages.
Here is the link: HELP TRANSLATE FCC CAR LAUNCHER "
@SpeedFire- himself from Moscow. This is if anything in Russia. I think he knows what he wanted to say in these menu items, just a technical error
1.jpg

Reactions: okij and hanichl

Nmc1988

May 28, 2022
fcclauncher-3.520_v2.apk
- New option added - "reset trip data - every boot / every day / never" (it can be found in trip widgets' settings and in Fcc Settings - System - Autostart).
Thank you so much!
I have one more request in the Trip data: i would like to have “total driving time “. It is total time from the device starts until current time. It is useful information that i would like to know total driving time since I start driving. Now in the trip data only has driving time (gps speed is greater than 0) and total parking time ( gps speed is 0); and I have to plus them manually to get “total driving time”.
I hope you understand what I mean!

Reactions: nihonjin

rigattoni

Apr 27, 2010
Fuerth
@SpeedFire- himself from Moscow. This is if anything in Russia. I think he knows what he wanted to say in these menu items, just a technical errorView attachment 5676519
Regularly all UI is written in English to provide a "fallback solution" in case the system language is not fully implemented for a software.
So this should not be an issue, just the translation files are not complete.
As this is just the second step, he will provide at some time the strings/phrases to OneSky.... just be a bit patient. Just that the developer is Russian himself does not mean that he already is ready with it´s own language. ;)

It´s even better to bring a test version first and the translation afterwards in the final version... or in a beta something.

Reactions: okij and hanichl

hanichl

Jun 6, 2012
Bavaria
Stupid question, how can i turn off the spinning logo in the centre ?
I went through all the settings, didnt find a matching value ..
Request assistence, or the statement, that i am the dumbest ever ;) thx

Attachments

• PXL_20220804_161540636.mp4
    5.8 MB · Views: 0

hanichl

Jun 6, 2012
Bavaria
@SpeedFire- : Enabling Cover Animation works fine, button turns on, IS animated :)
Then, immediate afterwards, when disabling this function, the button gets off, but the animation is still circling on.
After rebooting, it is really disabled. Only a hint to have a look upon somwhere in the future ;) this is really no show stopper.
Congrats to the great work youd did and do !!
P.S. i am using latest BETA version from play store ( paid ).

Reactions: okij

Medo2018

Oct 29, 2018
I downloaded the latest version yesterday, I have a TOPWAY TS18 (SC9863a-UIS8581A) android 10 and detected as SPRD, everything works fine, except that after headunit restart, FCC launcher starts normally but after 5 seconds the prompt for choosing the default launcher appears and i choose always but the issue is repeated again after restart.

I had uninstalled all other launchers and tried changing the settings to phone/tablet but no success. Any suggestions?

rigattoni

Apr 27, 2010
Fuerth
I downloaded the latest version yesterday, I have a TOPWAY TS18 (SC9863a-UIS8581A) android 10 and detected as SPRD, everything works fine, except that after headunit restart, FCC launcher starts normally but after 5 seconds the prompt for choosing the default launcher appears and i choose always but the issue is repeated again after restart.

I had uninstalled all other launchers and tried changing the settings to phone/tablet but no success. Any suggestions?
Set Fcc launcher as standard in Android settings/Apps/Standard Apps.

By the way... this has also been posted on this page already.

Last edited:

Aminth

Aug 6, 2022
Hi, a new user here. I'm trying to get it working on the Joying universal headunit (MSM8953 based). The public version starts well, but has some annoying bugs I hoped to see fixed in the beta. Beta version lets me trough the initial setup, but after that just shuts down (also after restart, it crashes). Is it supposed to work with the mentioned headunit and can I help somehow to troubleshoot the problem?
Update: apparently it's caused by the map widget: if after clean install I select a theme without map, it works.

Last edited:

Medo2018

Oct 29, 2018
Set Fcc launcher as standard in Android settings/Apps/Standard Apps.

By the way... this has also been posted on this page already.

If you mean android/Apps/default apps, it is already selected and still same, it starts normally , and after 5 seconds something triggers the launcher choose window.

Attachments

• DB061DF3-3D4D-4DC5-9902-89D57356F191.jpeg
    DB061DF3-3D4D-4DC5-9902-89D57356F191.jpeg
    471.7 KB · Views: 61

quangtiens

Nov 23, 2021
Same here, headunit 9216cj(8227L).
Regards.

I got same problem with Car Launcher, then I found that the first Home Launcher (that came with the head unit as standard launcher) has an update version and waiting for update. After update first launcher and choose default launcher again, that trouble has gone.
May you try to check your standard launcher or even uninstall/turn off it.

Reactions: okij

Di Rossi

Feb 18, 2022
Hi…
I can’t customize the icons on the mini maps…
And the Bluetooth doesn’t should up my address book and I can’t acess the call and stuff …or even call back on the headunit…I can awnser the calls but doesn’t appear the name only the “raw” number…any thoughts about that ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hope @SpeedFire- is doing well, and didn't receive that dead paper !
    Hi, guys!

I'm fine. Don't worry (for now) :)

For Russian users - the latest version is finally published in the RuStore - https://apps.rustore.ru/app/ru.speedfire.flycontrolcenter
    However payment for Premium package is not yet available (the store allows receiving payments for companies only, it will be added for individual developers later).
    @mariodantas because:

There's currently no need for @SpeedFire- to release a new version on Play Store, but ofc he will do so when 4.000 is ready.
    Yeah sorry I didn't understand that, now I'm clear !
    It´s a difficult time for all in the moment. We should give him his time and just crossing our fingers he is doing well and has just no time for working on the launcher.
    Yes I know that, hopping from my hearth that something will finish well for everybody, let's cross our fingers indeed.
    Yes. It's almost the same as the version in the Play Store but with updated libraries. I wanted to upgrade to 4.000 everywhere, but 3.900 is to "reserve" some versions to adapt to the RuStore's in-app purchase API.
    Hi, all!

Welcome to the official thread for FCC Car Launcher - a customizable auto launcher for android head units (Rockchip MTCB/MTCD+ and FlyAudio) as well as android smartphones/tablets.

Its major features:
    - Full function launcher with supports of all standard third party android widgets
    - Deep integration with head units (MCU etc). My mission here is to implement as many functions in the launcher itself as possible. In case of Rockchip devices to get rid of most xposed modules (my deep respect to their authors, great job, but they sometimes slow down the device significantly) and replace them with the normal built-in functions.
    - Customization. The FCC Cat Launcher has some built-in customizable widgets which can help to make your home screen more personal (you can adjust widgets size, colors, features etc).
    - Built-in music widget with support of FM Radio (with ability to give names to radio stations), Spotify, Google Music, PowerAmp, PC Radio, Neutron and Stellio players.
    - One-click navigation widgets with quick route building (supports Waze, Google Maps, Yandex Navigator and other navigation apps).
    - Phone calls via connected phone using 'Ok Google call [name]' request or by clicking on built-in Contact widget.
    - Other features.

FAQ
    1. I love MiniMap but can you put other navigation app there?
    Unfortunately this is not possible. MiniMap is part of FCC and is based on Google Maps API for Android. It is not another app (not even a Google Maps app), that can be just replaced within the FCC interface. Android does not allow to integrate third party apps (navigation apps) inside another third party apps (FCC Launcher).
    If your head Unit supports Split Screen (ie can display Two apps at the same time), this can be partially done with split screen.

2. Is it possible to cache maps for MiniMap for offline use?
    - Yes. In the latest FCC Launcher beta version you can select Offline Mapbox map and download it to your device.
    - For Google Maps - No. Caching is directly prohibited by Google license for using Google Maps API (MiniMap). Moreover, Google even does not provide developers with such a caching API. Therefore you will need a constant internet connection to use MiniMap. The somewhat good news is that the map itself does some short-term caching on your device, so it saves some data (but not too much).

3. Notifications are only popping up for a split second / flashing. How to fix this?
    That means that animations are disabled on your device.
    - Go to the device's Developer settings: FCC settings - System - Advanced - Developer settings (if it asks for code - it's "7890" for AllWinner T8).
    - Scroll down and change 3 parameters "Window animation scale", "Transition animation scale" and "Animation duration scale" from "Animation off" to "Animation scale 1x".

4. Routing on Google Maps in MiniMap doesn't work. It asks for API key. What should I do?
    - Turn-by-turn navigation in built-in Google Map fragment is directly prohibited by Google. Therefore it is not possible to use it. .However if you have your own Google Developer account (Google Maps API key) you can use it to draw a simple route line on the MiniMap. Please note that it will NOT have any turn-by-turn data like distance to next turn or estimated time of arrival.
    I do not recommend to purchase Google Developer account just for this feature:
    - Google Developer account will cost money for you (a one-off payment) which is reasonable only if you really want to develop android apps.
    - Routing requests cost money. But currently Google provides a 200$ per month free usage for Maps, Routes, and Places every month which should be enough for individual usage.
    Links: Get API key, Pricing. Don't forget to enable Maps API and Directions API in your Google Cloud Console.

Tutorial:

Translation to your language
    Here is the link: HELP TRANSLATE FCC CAR LAUNCHER

Links:
    Release
    channel: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ru.speedfire.flycontrolcenter
    Beta channel: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/ru.speedfire.flycontrolcenter
    (I would suggest to stick with the release channel since beta channel can be really buggy sometimes and is intended for beta testers only)

As a developer I will be happy to discuss with you any ideas or issues.

Here is a couple of tutorials:
    1) Quick look on home screen setup process:

How to write LogCat log:
    You need to have ROOT:
    1. Install LogCat Extreme LogCat Extreme
    2. Select VERBOSE level of details (very important) Video 1
    3. Write and send log: Video 2

Initial setup (do this if you see black screen):
    Important checkbox during first setup:
    giphy.gif

Please make sure to check that checkbox "Always allow FCC Launcher to add widgets..".

Full setup process:
    giphy.gif
    pity that the developer is not dedicated to solving several bugs of this fantastic launcher, too many bugs for daily use is not so good unfortunately

How the Hell can you say that when @SpeedFire- has dedicated 100's , if not 1000's of hours developing this launcher, and for peanuts !!

I remember a time last year when he was on vacation, and even then, each night he worked on FCC, fixing bugs and greatly improving what was already there.

FCC is probably one of the most COMPLEX apps on Playstore.

My understanding is that he basically developed FCC for HIMSELF, because he was not satisfied with what was currently out there, and was good enough to share his work with anyone wanting to try it.

Because of technical complexities, this launcher is designed and developed for a limited number of Android systems, but that number is increasing all the time as he add new Units to those currently supported.

If you go out and purchase some obscure, budget China unit, that is not supported, you cannot blame anyone but yourself, if then you experience issues.

Just because you paid the developer a few dollars because YOU CHOSE TO DO SO does not mean that you OWN him, and can demand that he jumps at your every call ... it's not his work -- it's his HOBBY -- and you probably knew that going in .. so lighten up and stop giving him such a hard time.

BTW, I am also a developer, and I can tell you, if anyone else got involved in this complex app, it would most likely get totally screwed up, and dye -- that is assuming one could even find someone who would be willing to put in the time for next to nothing, while having the technical ability to actually contribute anything to the project.

Thank you @SpeedFire- for clearly the best Android launcher on the market, and for all your time and dedication in constantly improving it. It is very much appreciated I am sure by the majority of those using it, and you will always have my full support going into the future.
    Guys!
    It seems that I've found the best solution for Normal / Split-Screen modes. Take a look:

Here is a short demo of two modes in the alpha version:
    1) Normal mode - launcher does not support split screen (bad) but behaves as a normal launcher and is not visible in the list of recent apps (good).
    2) Split screen mode - launcher supports 50/50 multi window mode (good) but is visible in the list of recent apps (bad).

Every user can select the preferred mode!
    The app is now returned to the Play Store :)
    New beta is out:
    - All skins are re-designed for 6x10 grid (instead of previous 6x7 grid). You need to re-apply skin if you want to switch to a new skin.
    - You can choose your favourite skin during first time setup process.
    - Time widget has new options to granually change Time and Date font sizes as well as to swap Time and Date positions
    - Re-written code for album arts in Player widget. Hopefully this will fix most issues.
    - Some other fixes.
    - For built-in skins Icons are automatically setup when put on home screen or moved (based on skins' settings for particular Icon slot).
    giphy.gif