Fcc Car Launcher [official thread]

What do you want: a split screen functionality or a normal launcher behavior?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

okij

Oct 24, 2012
Düsseldorf
@mariodantas because:
Yes. It's almost the same as the version in the Play Store but with updated libraries. I wanted to upgrade to 4.000 everywhere, but 3.900 is to "reserve" some versions to adapt to the RuStore's in-app purchase API.
There's currently no need for @SpeedFire- to release a new version on Play Store, but ofc he will do so when 4.000 is ready.

Last edited:
Reactions: mariodantas

lr_man

Jan 24, 2018
Hi guys. Can someone help me with this. I have a Joying 11.6", 1920x1080, and I cannot figure out how to get the app to fill the screen. There is a "gap" in the left side. It's a paid for FCC launcher.
TIA.

Attachments

• fcc left side.jpg
    fcc left side.jpg
    175.4 KB · Views: 76

knattert0n

Sep 10, 2022
Few days ago I added a second screen with FCC maps widget. Now every time I start the car, I get this:

DSC_0300.JPG

HU is JY-VQ130N4GN with UIS7862, FCC Version 3.520

Any Ideas how to fix this?

knattert0n

Sep 10, 2022
What you see in my picture is my first screen (should have no map widget), second screen (night screen) is the one with the map widget. My problem is, on startup, both screens are mashed together.

okij

Oct 24, 2012
Düsseldorf
Since this morning the MiniMap doesn't show any text labels (street names, POIs etc.) in all zoom levels anymore when using the new Google Maps renderer (the legacy Google Maps renderer is still OK, but I prefer the new one.)

The zoom levels 17 and 16 are fine, but the zoom levels 15 and 14 don't show any text labels. Zoom level 13 is fine again, while zoom level 12 doesn't show any text labels again. I didn't try other zoom levels, since these are the ones that I'm using for the auto-zoom feature.

Can anyone else confirm this for the new Google Maps renderer?

@SpeedFire-: Could you also please check if you can reproduce this issue? Did Google change anything in the new renderer or its API, so you could try to fix this with an update?

Thanks in advance. :)

Reactions: rigattoni

HatManSan

Jan 5, 2010
Continuing with map talk.... Can you have the built in map on more than one page. I would like to try having the map taking up 1/3 screen on homepage and full screen on another page. All I have managed so far is to add the button to get to the map on the first page. Cheers

Reactions: okij

knattert0n

Sep 10, 2022
fcclauncher-3.520_v2.apk
- New option added - "reset trip data - every boot / every day / never" (it can be found in trip widgets' settings and in Fcc Settings - System - Autostart).
I have 3.520 from playstore installed, but I can't find that option, so I guess playstore version is 3.520_v1?
Can I just install 3.520_v3.apk from here over the existing version without losing premium status?

hostelhostel

Dec 26, 2018
I am the same as you. Every time it starts up, the fcc launcher must be installed even though “always default” is selected.
I have almost the same problem, everytime i press the home button, i have to select FCC Launcher again as home app, it doesnt save. Only if i select it as "Start App" in Android App Details, i dont have to select it again after pressing the home button. But after a restart of the Radio, i have to to do it again. It works well for years or more, but not anymore. Iam using the premium version of FCC Launcher (Playstore). Any solution?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well, since feb,24th 2022, fcc launcher releases are less frequently published here in xda
    I have the information, that he is quite busy in the moment, no time for the Fcc now.
    We all know that business and family are on first position and if time is left, he will work on this app.

Let´s give him his time. Doesn´t make sense to push. He will not leave as alone.
    The launcher is really good, nearly perfect. Two quick question :
    1/ Is there anyway to move/resize the map widget ? I would love a bigger map , position correctly to my liking. If I start with a blank screen , I don't know which widget represent a map like in pre-setup themes.
    2/ Can I hide the next / previous button in radio widget ? I only want a Play button nearest to me.

Many thanks
    (Yandex Translator). There are a lot of settings. Tap on the map and tap on the gear. You can change the size, display of elements. At the initial setup, choose a skin with a map, then you can remove unnecessary elements and choose an empty or custom skin
    The type of buttons in the player widget can be changed to other built-in or your own, sort out the settings
    How about some 3D style radio icons? I'm fond of it.
    Seems to come from Portugal !
    I have the information, that he is quite busy in the moment, no time for the Fcc now.
    We all know that business and family are on first position and if time is left, he will work on this app.

Let´s give him his time. Doesn´t make sense to push. He will not leave as alone.
    I'm not pushing anyone here, I write only what I can see, of course he can take all the time he needs for the life priorities, that's normal,
    issue 1: when I press the "go-back" touch button on the left side of the head unit multiple times. there is a android ticker stating "Launcher is exiting" and after some loading Launcher skin comeback with all the widgets mis-aligned and the central widget is not showing the album art work of the playing music properly.

If I restart the launcher using the "Restart" option, all the problems goes away and everything back to normal. Is it expected?

Issue 2: Also the "Reset" option which id present in the drawer for restarting the head-unit is not working in FCC car launcher. I had to launch a different launcher and press the "Reset" app in the drawer just to restart the headunit. Is this issue expected?
    Why are you pressing the back-button multiple times? Sorry, but you need to explain the reason for this behavior...
    At least your 4-core system get´s at some time in an unstable status due to it´s performance restrictions.

The reset-button is not usable on every single unit. This depends on the MCU. Have you set the right device type of unit on setup? If not... Fcc settings --> Advanced settings -->Select your device type. there you should choose Alwinner.
    Hi, all!

Welcome to the official thread for FCC Car Launcher - a customizable auto launcher for android head units (Rockchip MTCB/MTCD+ and FlyAudio) as well as android smartphones/tablets.

Its major features:
    - Full function launcher with supports of all standard third party android widgets
    - Deep integration with head units (MCU etc). My mission here is to implement as many functions in the launcher itself as possible. In case of Rockchip devices to get rid of most xposed modules (my deep respect to their authors, great job, but they sometimes slow down the device significantly) and replace them with the normal built-in functions.
    - Customization. The FCC Cat Launcher has some built-in customizable widgets which can help to make your home screen more personal (you can adjust widgets size, colors, features etc).
    - Built-in music widget with support of FM Radio (with ability to give names to radio stations), Spotify, Google Music, PowerAmp, PC Radio, Neutron and Stellio players.
    - One-click navigation widgets with quick route building (supports Waze, Google Maps, Yandex Navigator and other navigation apps).
    - Phone calls via connected phone using 'Ok Google call [name]' request or by clicking on built-in Contact widget.
    - Other features.

FAQ
    1. I love MiniMap but can you put other navigation app there?
    Unfortunately this is not possible. MiniMap is part of FCC and is based on Google Maps API for Android. It is not another app (not even a Google Maps app), that can be just replaced within the FCC interface. Android does not allow to integrate third party apps (navigation apps) inside another third party apps (FCC Launcher).
    If your head Unit supports Split Screen (ie can display Two apps at the same time), this can be partially done with split screen.

2. Is it possible to cache maps for MiniMap for offline use?
    - Yes. In the latest FCC Launcher beta version you can select Offline Mapbox map and download it to your device.
    - For Google Maps - No. Caching is directly prohibited by Google license for using Google Maps API (MiniMap). Moreover, Google even does not provide developers with such a caching API. Therefore you will need a constant internet connection to use MiniMap. The somewhat good news is that the map itself does some short-term caching on your device, so it saves some data (but not too much).

3. Notifications are only popping up for a split second / flashing. How to fix this?
    That means that animations are disabled on your device.
    - Go to the device's Developer settings: FCC settings - System - Advanced - Developer settings (if it asks for code - it's "7890" for AllWinner T8).
    - Scroll down and change 3 parameters "Window animation scale", "Transition animation scale" and "Animation duration scale" from "Animation off" to "Animation scale 1x".

4. Routing on Google Maps in MiniMap doesn't work. It asks for API key. What should I do?
    - Turn-by-turn navigation in built-in Google Map fragment is directly prohibited by Google. Therefore it is not possible to use it. .However if you have your own Google Developer account (Google Maps API key) you can use it to draw a simple route line on the MiniMap. Please note that it will NOT have any turn-by-turn data like distance to next turn or estimated time of arrival.
    I do not recommend to purchase Google Developer account just for this feature:
    - Google Developer account will cost money for you (a one-off payment) which is reasonable only if you really want to develop android apps.
    - Routing requests cost money. But currently Google provides a 200$ per month free usage for Maps, Routes, and Places every month which should be enough for individual usage.
    Links: Get API key, Pricing. Don't forget to enable Maps API and Directions API in your Google Cloud Console.

Tutorial:

Translation to your language
    Guys, many of you suggested your help with translation of the app to your native languages.
    I have setup a translation project on OneSky site.
    Here is the link: HELP TRANSLATE FCC CAR LAUNCHER

Links:
    Release
    channel: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ru.speedfire.flycontrolcenter
    Beta channel: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/ru.speedfire.flycontrolcenter
    (I would suggest to stick with the release channel since beta channel can be really buggy sometimes and is intended for beta testers only)

As a developer I will be happy to discuss with you any ideas or issues.

Here is a couple of tutorials:
    1) Quick look on home screen setup process:

How to write LogCat log:
    You need to have ROOT:
    1. Install LogCat Extreme LogCat Extreme
    2. Select VERBOSE level of details (very important) Video 1
    3. Write and send log: Video 2

Initial setup (do this if you see black screen):
    Important checkbox during first setup:
    giphy.gif

Please make sure to check that checkbox "Always allow FCC Launcher to add widgets..".

Full setup process:
    giphy.gif
    pity that the developer is not dedicated to solving several bugs of this fantastic launcher, too many bugs for daily use is not so good unfortunately

How the Hell can you say that when @SpeedFire- has dedicated 100's , if not 1000's of hours developing this launcher, and for peanuts !!

I remember a time last year when he was on vacation, and even then, each night he worked on FCC, fixing bugs and greatly improving what was already there.

FCC is probably one of the most COMPLEX apps on Playstore.

My understanding is that he basically developed FCC for HIMSELF, because he was not satisfied with what was currently out there, and was good enough to share his work with anyone wanting to try it.

Because of technical complexities, this launcher is designed and developed for a limited number of Android systems, but that number is increasing all the time as he add new Units to those currently supported.

If you go out and purchase some obscure, budget China unit, that is not supported, you cannot blame anyone but yourself, if then you experience issues.

Just because you paid the developer a few dollars because YOU CHOSE TO DO SO does not mean that you OWN him, and can demand that he jumps at your every call ... it's not his work -- it's his HOBBY -- and you probably knew that going in .. so lighten up and stop giving him such a hard time.

BTW, I am also a developer, and I can tell you, if anyone else got involved in this complex app, it would most likely get totally screwed up, and dye -- that is assuming one could even find someone who would be willing to put in the time for next to nothing, while having the technical ability to actually contribute anything to the project.

Thank you @SpeedFire- for clearly the best Android launcher on the market, and for all your time and dedication in constantly improving it. It is very much appreciated I am sure by the majority of those using it, and you will always have my full support going into the future.
    Guys!
    It seems that I've found the best solution for Normal / Split-Screen modes. Take a look:

Here is a short demo of two modes in the alpha version:
    1) Normal mode - launcher does not support split screen (bad) but behaves as a normal launcher and is not visible in the list of recent apps (good).
    2) Split screen mode - launcher supports 50/50 multi window mode (good) but is visible in the list of recent apps (bad).

Every user can select the preferred mode!
    The app is now returned to the Play Store :)
    New beta is out:
    - All skins are re-designed for 6x10 grid (instead of previous 6x7 grid). You need to re-apply skin if you want to switch to a new skin.
    - You can choose your favourite skin during first time setup process.
    - Time widget has new options to granually change Time and Date font sizes as well as to swap Time and Date positions
    - Re-written code for album arts in Player widget. Hopefully this will fix most issues.
    - Some other fixes.
    - For built-in skins Icons are automatically setup when put on home screen or moved (based on skins' settings for particular Icon slot).
    giphy.gif