Fcc Car Launcher [official thread]

What do you want: a split screen functionality or a normal launcher behavior?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

Curro06

Apr 22, 2020
Córdoba
Change font

Hi! Has anyone managed to change the font type in the FCC Launcher widgets and icons? it would be much more aesthetic if instead of the standard font it could be changed for another with more personality

herobkse

Jun 29, 2008
Hello guys,

Is it normal that my PX6 head unit takes about 2min to finish loading minimap + 5 widgets from a cold boot? I did not expect much time like that.

Is there any solution to reduce the loading time (e.g hide minimap, keep less widgets...).

Thanks.

Hello,

Someone has experience with loading time can suggest me a solution ?

Thanks.

okij

Oct 24, 2012
Düsseldorf
Samsung Galaxy S10e
Hello,

Someone has experience with loading time can suggest me a solution ?

Thanks.

No, two minutes loading time is unusual and most likely not FCCs fault. On my PX5 it takes maybe 30 seconds.

You should check if there are other apps (or maybe 3rd party widgets) responsible.

If there's a custom ROM (Hal9k or Malaysk) for your device, you can put FCC on the whitelist for apps to be not closed during standby, FCC is then up and running instantly.

herobkse

Jun 29, 2008
No, two minutes loading time is unusual and most likely not FCCs fault. On my PX5 it takes maybe 30 seconds.

You should check if there are other apps (or maybe 3rd party widgets) responsible.

If there's a custom ROM (Hal9k or Malaysk) for your device, you can put FCC on the whitelist for apps to be not closed during standby, FCC is then up and running instantly.

I don't have a custom ROM. Is there other way to put FCC in whitelist with a 3rd application (as Tasker or something esle) ?

matrixx1

Jan 30, 2011
Budapest
Android Wear
@SpeedFire-: I'm coming back to my post from June 28th

because I now solved the mystery. :laugh:

The thing is, there are two places to assing MODE actions:

1. FCC settings -> System -> Steering wheel keys -> User defined MODE action are stored in mode_intercept_app[1-3]
  2. The MODE widget has its own settings (opened by long-pressing on it) which are stored in mode_app[1-3]

I forgot about the second place to assign MODE actions after making my FCC Mode Action app. Since I'm now only using the Mode Action app to cycle trough the modes, I deleted the MODE widget and never looked into its settings again until yesterday - assuming that the MODE actions can be assigned via the FCC settings.

But why are there two places to assign MODE actions? Is this a bug or a feature, i.e. do mode_intercept_app[1-3] and mode_app[1-3] have different functions?

If the latter is the case, please explain the different functions, if the first is the case, please fix (unify) it.

---

As I just wrote, if you use the MODE widget to set up the three players, the FCC Mode Action app is working fine.
Dear @okij can I ask you for tipps as how to set-up fcc mode APK for a steering wheel button? I have Hal9k and fcc launcher. Where do I configure the app to be assigned to a button on steering wheel? In wheel study app? Or under Hal9k mode settings? Or fcc steering wheel settings?

Thank you

okij

Oct 24, 2012
Düsseldorf
Samsung Galaxy S10e
I don't have a custom ROM. Is there other way to put FCC in whitelist with a 3rd application (as Tasker or something esle) ?

Not to my knowledge, since the behaviour of the stock ROM to close all 3rd party apps when entering standby is buried deep inside the system and has to be modded for this.

You should try if deleting some of the widgets or uninstalling other auto-starting apps improves FCC startup time. Make a FCC backup before, in case you want to restore your setup later.

herobkse

Jun 29, 2008
Not to my knowledge, since the behaviour of the stock ROM to close all 3rd party apps when entering standby is buried deep inside the system and has to be modded for this.

You should try if deleting some of the widgets or uninstalling other auto-starting apps improves FCC startup time. Make a FCC backup before, in case you want to restore your setup later.

When you said your PX5 has ~30s for FCC loading, do you have minimap shown on ? I notice in my case that minimap is very slow loading (I'm using Yandex minimap).

piro.lito

Jan 28, 2012
Hello guys,

just started using FCC 3.420 in an android tablet witn a OTG cable and a keyboard attached.
When i try to navigate with keys it works ok if i don't use the down arrow. When i press down arrow it Force Quits the application, do you know why this happens?
I'm using android 10 in a Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1" 2019 model.

Thanks

@SpeedFire- do you have any idea of what can be this issue?

okij

Oct 24, 2012
Düsseldorf
Samsung Galaxy S10e
Dear @okij can I ask you for tipps as how to set-up fcc mode APK for a steering wheel button? I have Hal9k and fcc launcher. Where do I configure the app to be assigned to a button on steering wheel? In wheel study app? Or under Hal9k mode settings? Or fcc steering wheel settings?

Thank you

Hal9k Mod Settings -> App Manager -> Apps which are changed with MODE button (could be named slightly different, I translated from German menus).

There I set FCC Mode Action as first app and (since one has to select a second app) AV-IN as second. Nevertheless AV-IN isn't started when I press MODE button, only FCC Mode Action.

When you said your PX5 has ~30s for FCC loading, do you have minimap shown on ? I notice in my case that minimap is very slow loading (I'm using Yandex minimap).

Yes, I use minimap with Google as maps provider.

Reactions: matrixx1

matrixx1

Jan 30, 2011
Budapest
Android Wear
Hal9k Mod Settings -> App Manager -> Apps which are changed with MODE button (could be named slightly different, I translated from German menus).

There I set FCC Mode Action as first app and (since one has to select a second app) AV-IN as second. Nevertheless AV-IN isn't started when I press MODE button, only FCC Mode Action.

Yes, I use minimap with Google as maps provider.

Thank you. I tried this and if I remember correct if impressed mode button which activated fcc mode APK the player was changed indeed but not in background but always in foregorund so if impressed mode button the screen changed to the player. I wanted to be able to change player in background while suing Waze for example. Is it possible and I made something wrong?

Scopesys

Jul 25, 2018
USA (East Coast)
Hello guys,

Is it normal that my PX6 head unit takes about 2min to finish loading minimap + 5 widgets from a cold boot? I did not expect much time like that.

Is there any solution to reduce the loading time (e.g hide minimap, keep less widgets...).

Thanks.

My Unit takes a long time to load Fcc (or more precisely, till the screen becomes responsive, and music starts to play)
Sometimes, up to 45-90 seconds

I am working on finding out why.
I do have about 7 screens of Fcc widgets, some pages with up to 25+ widgets. Most are only Buttons to launch apps.
(2 years of owning Fcc and "adding" to it has made the setup GROW !!!)

One app I did find that was defiantly causing a delay was a 3rd party weather widget, that was almost a full screen, and provide current weather in details.
I was able to monitor this screen as Fcc was loading, and one could see the delay being caused by the APP having to connect to the Internet, to get weather data, which seemed to delay Fcc from fully loading the rest of the remaining widgets.
So currently, I am on "PURGE" of any Widget/app that needs to connect to the Internet, to see if that significantly reduces my startup time.

or .. I just live with the delay -- some things (like Fcc running) are worth waiting for. ;)

Given the choice of an extended Automatic load time, or a load where I HAVE to interact with the unit,to get it up and running, I will take the fully automatic, slower start every time.

Last edited:

herobkse

Jun 29, 2008
My Unit takes a long time to load Fcc (or more precisely, till the screen becomes responsive, and music starts to play)
Sometimes, up to 45-90 seconds

It seems to be the same problem as mine. But I have only one page and 5 widgets (3 FCC & 2 KWGT widgets).

I remark that FCC loads each widget (one after another) and loading is done not only for content of widget (as weather in your case) but also for resize/styling (for example I resized the wifi widget to match my screen).

davemazo

Jun 23, 2008
I only have 2 pages running on my installation. One is one of the main skins with icons added to run apps when needed the other page has icons of my favourite contacts which I use to dial out seeing as voice dialing doesn't work. Is it possible to change the amount of rows and columns for my contacts page without changing my home screen. I've tried but it just messes up my home screen.

okij

Oct 24, 2012
Düsseldorf
Samsung Galaxy S10e
Thank you. I tried this and if I remember correct if impressed mode button which activated fcc mode APK the player was changed indeed but not in background but always in foregorund so if impressed mode button the screen changed to the player. I wanted to be able to change player in background while suing Waze for example. Is it possible and I made something wrong?

This depends on how well the player reacts to the commands that FCC sends. For some players FCC needs some tricks to make it act like being controlled in background, e.g. when starting the player the app is launched normally and then FCC quickly switches to the homescreen again (so you see the player for a fraction of a second).

The results that I get with my favourite players are as follows:

• DAB-Z can be fully controlled (and switched to again) in background when it is already running in background. Only on the first start (i.e. when switching to it from a different player) it is shown for a fraction of a second and then the homescreen is shown.
  • NavRadio+ cannot be controlled so well yet ( @KoTiX2 said he will work on this), so currently the NavRadio+ screen is always shown shortly and then FCC switches to the homescreen.
  • GoneMad Music Player is working as well as DAB-Z and reacts like I described for DAB-Z.

Last edited:

Luk@7

Jun 24, 2020
Hi!
Any idea why the speed limit icon doesn’t show when I choose Google maps on minimap?
Sometimes it appears showing just an arrow (?).

matrixx1

Jan 30, 2011
Budapest
Android Wear

Thank it's working now. Unfortunately deezer doesn't work. It behaves very funny. If deezer is active and then I change to a different player it switches back to deezer. But it's a deezer issue and probably won't able to figure out what can cause this.

rigattoni

Apr 27, 2010
Fuerth
the fcc restart and restart button disappeared again
No, both buttons are still there.
How is restart named in your language?
The apps are sorted alphabetical and both buttons appear within the alphabet of your language.

Attachments

• restart.JPG
    restart.JPG
    76.1 KB · Views: 114

liamstears

Nov 8, 2007
Kent
I can't say for certain that this will work but for those that are having TPMS issues on latest Fcc builds please try the TPMS apk attached to this post. Install as a normal apk and then please let me and the rest of the forum know if it works...

Attachments

• fcc_usb_tpms_1.14.apk
    1.8 MB · Views: 24

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Have you a link for music widget?
    Hi, all!

Welcome to the official thread for FCC Car Launcher - a customizable auto launcher for android head units (Rockchip MTCB/MTCD+ and FlyAudio) as well as android smartphones/tablets.

Its major features:
    - Full function launcher with supports of all standard third party android widgets
    - Deep integration with head units (MCU etc). My mission here is to implement as many functions in the launcher itself as possible. In case of Rockchip devices to get rid of most xposed modules (my deep respect to their authors, great job, but they sometimes slow down the device significantly) and replace them with the normal built-in functions.
    - Customization. The FCC Cat Launcher has some built-in customizable widgets which can help to make your home screen more personal (you can adjust widgets size, colors, features etc).
    - Built-in music widget with support of FM Radio (with ability to give names to radio stations), Spotify, Google Music, PowerAmp, PC Radio, Neutron and Stellio players.
    - One-click navigation widgets with quick route building (supports Waze, Google Maps, Yandex Navigator and other navigation apps).
    - Phone calls via connected phone using 'Ok Google call [name]' request or by clicking on built-in Contact widget.
    - Other features.

FAQ
    1. I love MiniMap but can you put other navigation app there?
    Unfortunately this is not possible. MiniMap is part of FCC and is based on Google Maps API for Android. It is not another app (not even a Google Maps app), that can be just replaced within the FCC interface. Android does not allow to integrate third party apps (navigation apps) inside another third party apps (FCC Launcher).
    If your head Unit supports Split Screen (ie can display Two apps at the same time), this can be partially done with split screen.

2. Is it possible to cache maps for MiniMap for offline use?
    - Yes. In the latest FCC Launcher beta version you can select Offline Mapbox map and download it to your device.
    - For Google Maps - No. Caching is directly prohibited by Google license for using Google Maps API (MiniMap). Moreover, Google even does not provide developers with such a caching API. Therefore you will need a constant internet connection to use MiniMap. The somewhat good news is that the map itself does some short-term caching on your device, so it saves some data (but not too much).

3. Notifications are only popping up for a split second / flashing. How to fix this?
    That means that animations are disabled on your device.
    - Go to the device's Developer settings: FCC settings - System - Advanced - Developer settings (if it asks for code - it's "7890" for AllWinner T8).
    - Scroll down and change 3 parameters "Window animation scale", "Transition animation scale" and "Animation duration scale" from "Animation off" to "Animation scale 1x".

4. Routing on Google Maps in MiniMap doesn't work. It asks for API key. What should I do?
    - Turn-by-turn navigation in built-in Google Map fragment is directly prohibited by Google. Therefore it is not possible to use it. .However if you have your own Google Developer account (Google Maps API key) you can use it to draw a simple route line on the MiniMap. Please note that it will NOT have any turn-by-turn data like distance to next turn or estimated time of arrival.
    I do not recommend to purchase Google Developer account just for this feature:
    - Google Developer account will cost money for you (a one-off payment) which is reasonable only if you really want to develop android apps.
    - Routing requests cost money. But currently Google provides a 200$ per month free usage for Maps, Routes, and Places every month which should be enough for individual usage.
    Links: Get API key, Pricing. Don't forget to enable Maps API and Directions API in your Google Cloud Console.

Tutorial:

Translation to your language
    Guys, many of you suggested your help with translation of the app to your native languages.
    I have setup a translation project on OneSky site.
    Here is the link: HELP TRANSLATE FCC CAR LAUNCHER

Links:
    Release
    channel: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ru.speedfire.flycontrolcenter
    Beta channel: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/ru.speedfire.flycontrolcenter
    (I would suggest to stick with the release channel since beta channel can be really buggy sometimes and is intended for beta testers only)

As a developer I will be happy to discuss with you any ideas or issues.

Here is a couple of tutorials:
    1) Quick look on home screen setup process:

How to write LogCat log:
    You need to have ROOT:
    1. Install LogCat Extreme LogCat Extreme
    2. Select VERBOSE level of details (very important) Video 1
    3. Write and send log: Video 2

Initial setup (do this if you see black screen):
    Important checkbox during first setup:
    giphy.gif

Please make sure to check that checkbox "Always allow FCC Launcher to add widgets..".

Full setup process:
    giphy.gif
    pity that the developer is not dedicated to solving several bugs of this fantastic launcher, too many bugs for daily use is not so good unfortunately

How the Hell can you say that when @SpeedFire- has dedicated 100's , if not 1000's of hours developing this launcher, and for peanuts !!

I remember a time last year when he was on vacation, and even then, each night he worked on FCC, fixing bugs and greatly improving what was already there.

FCC is probably one of the most COMPLEX apps on Playstore.

My understanding is that he basically developed FCC for HIMSELF, because he was not satisfied with what was currently out there, and was good enough to share his work with anyone wanting to try it.

Because of technical complexities, this launcher is designed and developed for a limited number of Android systems, but that number is increasing all the time as he add new Units to those currently supported.

If you go out and purchase some obscure, budget China unit, that is not supported, you cannot blame anyone but yourself, if then you experience issues.

Just because you paid the developer a few dollars because YOU CHOSE TO DO SO does not mean that you OWN him, and can demand that he jumps at your every call ... it's not his work -- it's his HOBBY -- and you probably knew that going in .. so lighten up and stop giving him such a hard time.

BTW, I am also a developer, and I can tell you, if anyone else got involved in this complex app, it would most likely get totally screwed up, and dye -- that is assuming one could even find someone who would be willing to put in the time for next to nothing, while having the technical ability to actually contribute anything to the project.

Thank you @SpeedFire- for clearly the best Android launcher on the market, and for all your time and dedication in constantly improving it. It is very much appreciated I am sure by the majority of those using it, and you will always have my full support going into the future.
    Guys!
    It seems that I've found the best solution for Normal / Split-Screen modes. Take a look:

Here is a short demo of two modes in the alpha version:
    1) Normal mode - launcher does not support split screen (bad) but behaves as a normal launcher and is not visible in the list of recent apps (good).
    2) Split screen mode - launcher supports 50/50 multi window mode (good) but is visible in the list of recent apps (bad).

Every user can select the preferred mode!
    Hi all!

There were some questions in the meantime. Sorry for not answering them.

The main answer is: Yes, the project is on hold for now, as I'm involved into other projects.

However it may be resumed in the future when I have more free time.

I hope that it is quite usable in the form it is now in Play Store and everyone can use it successfully as is. I use it myself in my car every day :)

Best regards!
    New beta is out:
    - All skins are re-designed for 6x10 grid (instead of previous 6x7 grid). You need to re-apply skin if you want to switch to a new skin.
    - You can choose your favourite skin during first time setup process.
    - Time widget has new options to granually change Time and Date font sizes as well as to swap Time and Date positions
    - Re-written code for album arts in Player widget. Hopefully this will fix most issues.
    - Some other fixes.
    - For built-in skins Icons are automatically setup when put on home screen or moved (based on skins' settings for particular Icon slot).
    giphy.gif