Fcc Car Launcher [official thread]

What do you want: a split screen functionality or a normal launcher behavior?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

kolega16

Apr 27, 2022
Kazan
AT&T Captivate
Hi…
I can’t customize the icons on the mini maps…
And the Bluetooth doesn’t should up my address book and I can’t acess the call and stuff …or even call back on the headunit…I can awnser the calls but doesn’t appear the name only the “raw” number…any thoughts about that ?
Hi! Need more information: 1. Which device and its characteristics (a lot depends on this). 2. Which icons on the minimap you can't customize. 3. Is the exchange of contacts enabled on the smartphone

Reactions: okij and rigattoni

HatManSan

Jan 5, 2010
I must confess to using Car Web GURU recently as FCC for me was too temperamental Anyway after reading about 3.520v2 I cleared out CWG and ran FCC. Reinstated my backup. No sooner did my lights come on, giant text and the player widget switches from album art to sat logo. At the time MEM usage was 31% and CPU temp was 31c.

I am going to have the HU back out of the car for yet another refresh as I am beginning to wonder if GS 3.79 MCU is an issue. Going back to 3.62 for testing. Also PlayStore is constantly crashing. Wrong thread, but is there now a simplified mechanism to adopt A11 on PX6? Link please if there is. Thanks. New Log when I do the format.

Thank you

Tronuk

Feb 28, 2022
Sochi
Hello.
Using the Pro version on a Teyes SPRO+ device
I use the auto volume feature. But there is a small problem with this function on all versions of the program.
The auto volume feature works well only with the volume widget of the program itself.
If you use the radio volume buttons to adjust the volume, the program (launcher) does not fix this volume. And when the speed changes, when the volume should change by one step, the volume will change, but one step away from the widget. And it will not take into account if changes have been made through the device buttons up to this point.
Can this be fixed?

Attachments

• Image 2.jpg
    Image 2.jpg
    204.5 KB · Views: 215

Qubidk

Aug 19, 2022
Denmark
Hi everyone.

I started using FCC launcher 2 days ago. Today I had a phone call, more than 30 minutes, the launcher became unresponsive, black screen and could not press on any buttons. The box was responsive, I could close and open apps othervise. I have a QCM6125 Hi-box.

Today was the same, just music playing and navigation. After 30 min the whole launcher was frozen, I could switch between 2 screen (skinz) but that's about it.

jester450

Mar 8, 2010
Parker, Colorado
If you mean android/Apps/default apps, it is already selected and still same, it starts normally , and after 5 seconds something triggers the launcher choose window.

Same here, headunit 9216cj(8227L).
Regards.

Have the same problem on my end on a joying JY-UQD10N4G-R (UIS7862)
There's only 1 pre-installed launcher that came with the unit. FCC, until the latest update has been working perfectly. After the latest update, about 3-5 seconds, I get the launcher selection pop-up. Noticed when I try and add a new shortcut/icon/widget, it allows me to, but after starting from a cold start, I'm prompted to choose a default launcher and the new shortcut/icon/widget is no longer there.

I've gone so far as to completely reset my unit, install FCC Launcher from the play store, set it all up and same problem, always prompts me to choose a default launcher.

Any way we can get the previous version?

Reactions: hanichl

hanichl

Jun 6, 2012
Bavaria
Have the same problem on my end on a joying JY-UQD10N4G-R (UIS7862)
There's only 1 pre-installed launcher that came with the unit. FCC, until the latest update has been working perfectly. After the latest update, about 3-5 seconds, I get the launcher selection pop-up. Noticed when I try and add a new shortcut/icon/widget, it allows me to, but after starting from a cold start, I'm prompted to choose a default launcher and the new shortcut/icon/widget is no longer there.

I've gone so far as to completely reset my unit, install FCC Launcher from the play store, set it all up and same problem, always prompts me to choose a default launcher.

Any way we can get the previous version?
You can try one of the previous versions SpeedFire- has posted in this thread , to see if this behaviour exists with older versions. ( for example Post #9103 , then go backward in time).
Let us know, what is the last functioning version, thx .
Next question: did you perform a firmware update for the unit before the last update ??

My Joying with FCC is behaving strange, too. It randomly sets the stock launcher asxdefaut, then is FCC is allowed to be default, without doing settings or so ..... and no questions about default launcher...

jester450

Mar 8, 2010
Parker, Colorado
You can try one of the previous versions SpeedFire- has posted in this thread , to see if this behaviour exists with older versions. ( for example Post #9103 , then go backward in time).
Let us know, what is the last functioning version, thx .
Next question: did you perform a firmware update for the unit before the last update ??

My Joying with FCC is behaving strange, too. It randomly sets the stock launcher asxdefaut, then is FCC is allowed to be default, without doing settings or so ..... and no questions about default launcher...
Really couldn't find any downloads in the thread that worked. Had to go to apkpure.
v3.442 works perfectly fine
v3.515 - same problem - always ask to set default launcher on start
v3.520 - same problem - always ask to set default launcher on start

Try disabling the "Digital WellBeing" app if it is in the system
d74zkuWfVBFWjyhWXz9R2d6wh-WCBWoNB4M0x8iIXHvDOvdYbXJA4ivUQBWTkUjKMso
That's one of the first things I did after resetting the unit - Still no luck on on v3.520 or even v3.515

Reactions: okij and hanichl

iskenderr

Aug 17, 2022
I have a TS18 (Topway series) UIS 8581 4GB ram + 64GB head unit.
1-Should I choose the installation system selection?
2-Widget built-in CanBus (Raise Car info) instant preview, How can I go as a weather training widget?
3-There is no Quick phone search in the original iLauncher. (There is also a phone book contact widget FFC, which made me very happy.
4-Is it possible to widget BASS control setting in DSP control? (Google Translate).

Tronuk

Feb 28, 2022
Sochi
На версии 3.520_v3. иногда наблюдается раздвоение этикетки. Чаще всего это происходит в начале или конце маршрута

Attachments

• 2022-09-02-at-13.06.jpg
    2022-09-02-at-13.06.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 149
На версии 3.520_v3. иногда наблюдается раздвоение этикетки. Чаще всего это происходит в начале или конце маршрута
On version 3.520_v3. sometimes there is a bifurcation of the label. Most often this happens at the beginning or end of the route.

Reactions: Tronuk

ajrestifo

May 10, 2013
Is there any way to change the accent color of an existing theme? I see where I can change the accent color in settings, but it does not seem to apply to my existing screen. I have to create a whole new screen for the new accent color to be implemented. Am I missing something?

Dax_80

Sep 9, 2022
Hi, I have been using this app for about three months, and I have also purchased the pro version, I have configured everything to my liking and I must say that it is very versatile, but I am having a problem a bit annoying the pro license disappears, the the only way to reactivate it is to do the simple operation of opening the play store, and the pro functions are re-enabled almost instantly. is it a problem of my software or is it the app that every certain time checks the license and not finding the play store started, does the downgrade?

nimslo

Aug 6, 2016
Hi @SpeedFire- , I would like to ask you to keep an eye on the "Route Widget" and revise it if possible.
I am a user of the paid FCC version and have been a fan of the "Route Widget".
In app version 3.362, it worked perfectly with both "Google Maps" and "Sygic GPS Navigation & Maps" (but only with Sygic 18.xxx, not at all with the newer Sygic versions).

Recently I got a new tablet with Android 11 in my car (no deep integration, just tablet) and therefore had to install FCC in the new version 3.520 which is also suitable for Android 11.
- Unfortunately, the widget no longer works at all with Sygic, no matter which Sygic generation.
- In conjunction with Google Maps, the direction arrow is only displayed in an unchangeably small size. If I position the widget over the full screen height, I can only achieve a large font, the arrow always remains small.

It would be very nice if you could,
a.) allow the widget to have a resizable arrow again
b.) make the widget usable again for another offline map navigation besides Google Maps. This doesn't have to be Sygic, TomTom would be ok too.

I would be very happy if you would take care of this matter.

Tronuk

Feb 28, 2022
Sochi
Device Teyes SPRO+ 6/128.
After installing the official update from the device manufacturer, the launcher stopped showing traffic on the minimap.
The settings are the same as before, but it doesn't work.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have a question that I don't know, can you help me? Is it possible to use Wase instead of maps? When it comes to traffic detection, Wase is more complete.
    Hi, no, in the map window/widget you can only use Google maps, Yandex maps or Mapbox.
    You can use Wase as a normal app, even make it autostart.
    Hi, all!

Welcome to the official thread for FCC Car Launcher - a customizable auto launcher for android head units (Rockchip MTCB/MTCD+ and FlyAudio) as well as android smartphones/tablets.

Its major features:
    - Full function launcher with supports of all standard third party android widgets
    - Deep integration with head units (MCU etc). My mission here is to implement as many functions in the launcher itself as possible. In case of Rockchip devices to get rid of most xposed modules (my deep respect to their authors, great job, but they sometimes slow down the device significantly) and replace them with the normal built-in functions.
    - Customization. The FCC Cat Launcher has some built-in customizable widgets which can help to make your home screen more personal (you can adjust widgets size, colors, features etc).
    - Built-in music widget with support of FM Radio (with ability to give names to radio stations), Spotify, Google Music, PowerAmp, PC Radio, Neutron and Stellio players.
    - One-click navigation widgets with quick route building (supports Waze, Google Maps, Yandex Navigator and other navigation apps).
    - Phone calls via connected phone using 'Ok Google call [name]' request or by clicking on built-in Contact widget.
    - Other features.

FAQ
    1. I love MiniMap but can you put other navigation app there?
    Unfortunately this is not possible. MiniMap is part of FCC and is based on Google Maps API for Android. It is not another app (not even a Google Maps app), that can be just replaced within the FCC interface. Android does not allow to integrate third party apps (navigation apps) inside another third party apps (FCC Launcher).
    If your head Unit supports Split Screen (ie can display Two apps at the same time), this can be partially done with split screen.

2. Is it possible to cache maps for MiniMap for offline use?
    - Yes. In the latest FCC Launcher beta version you can select Offline Mapbox map and download it to your device.
    - For Google Maps - No. Caching is directly prohibited by Google license for using Google Maps API (MiniMap). Moreover, Google even does not provide developers with such a caching API. Therefore you will need a constant internet connection to use MiniMap. The somewhat good news is that the map itself does some short-term caching on your device, so it saves some data (but not too much).

3. Notifications are only popping up for a split second / flashing. How to fix this?
    That means that animations are disabled on your device.
    - Go to the device's Developer settings: FCC settings - System - Advanced - Developer settings (if it asks for code - it's "7890" for AllWinner T8).
    - Scroll down and change 3 parameters "Window animation scale", "Transition animation scale" and "Animation duration scale" from "Animation off" to "Animation scale 1x".

4. Routing on Google Maps in MiniMap doesn't work. It asks for API key. What should I do?
    - Turn-by-turn navigation in built-in Google Map fragment is directly prohibited by Google. Therefore it is not possible to use it. .However if you have your own Google Developer account (Google Maps API key) you can use it to draw a simple route line on the MiniMap. Please note that it will NOT have any turn-by-turn data like distance to next turn or estimated time of arrival.
    I do not recommend to purchase Google Developer account just for this feature:
    - Google Developer account will cost money for you (a one-off payment) which is reasonable only if you really want to develop android apps.
    - Routing requests cost money. But currently Google provides a 200$ per month free usage for Maps, Routes, and Places every month which should be enough for individual usage.
    Links: Get API key, Pricing. Don't forget to enable Maps API and Directions API in your Google Cloud Console.

Tutorial:

Translation to your language
    Guys, many of you suggested your help with translation of the app to your native languages.
    I have setup a translation project on OneSky site.
    Here is the link: HELP TRANSLATE FCC CAR LAUNCHER

Links:
    Release
    channel: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ru.speedfire.flycontrolcenter
    Beta channel: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/ru.speedfire.flycontrolcenter
    (I would suggest to stick with the release channel since beta channel can be really buggy sometimes and is intended for beta testers only)

As a developer I will be happy to discuss with you any ideas or issues.

Here is a couple of tutorials:
    1) Quick look on home screen setup process:

How to write LogCat log:
    You need to have ROOT:
    1. Install LogCat Extreme LogCat Extreme
    2. Select VERBOSE level of details (very important) Video 1
    3. Write and send log: Video 2

Initial setup (do this if you see black screen):
    Important checkbox during first setup:
    giphy.gif

Please make sure to check that checkbox "Always allow FCC Launcher to add widgets..".

Full setup process:
    giphy.gif
    pity that the developer is not dedicated to solving several bugs of this fantastic launcher, too many bugs for daily use is not so good unfortunately

How the Hell can you say that when @SpeedFire- has dedicated 100's , if not 1000's of hours developing this launcher, and for peanuts !!

I remember a time last year when he was on vacation, and even then, each night he worked on FCC, fixing bugs and greatly improving what was already there.

FCC is probably one of the most COMPLEX apps on Playstore.

My understanding is that he basically developed FCC for HIMSELF, because he was not satisfied with what was currently out there, and was good enough to share his work with anyone wanting to try it.

Because of technical complexities, this launcher is designed and developed for a limited number of Android systems, but that number is increasing all the time as he add new Units to those currently supported.

If you go out and purchase some obscure, budget China unit, that is not supported, you cannot blame anyone but yourself, if then you experience issues.

Just because you paid the developer a few dollars because YOU CHOSE TO DO SO does not mean that you OWN him, and can demand that he jumps at your every call ... it's not his work -- it's his HOBBY -- and you probably knew that going in .. so lighten up and stop giving him such a hard time.

BTW, I am also a developer, and I can tell you, if anyone else got involved in this complex app, it would most likely get totally screwed up, and dye -- that is assuming one could even find someone who would be willing to put in the time for next to nothing, while having the technical ability to actually contribute anything to the project.

Thank you @SpeedFire- for clearly the best Android launcher on the market, and for all your time and dedication in constantly improving it. It is very much appreciated I am sure by the majority of those using it, and you will always have my full support going into the future.
    Guys!
    It seems that I've found the best solution for Normal / Split-Screen modes. Take a look:

Here is a short demo of two modes in the alpha version:
    1) Normal mode - launcher does not support split screen (bad) but behaves as a normal launcher and is not visible in the list of recent apps (good).
    2) Split screen mode - launcher supports 50/50 multi window mode (good) but is visible in the list of recent apps (bad).

Every user can select the preferred mode!
    Hi all!

There were some questions in the meantime. Sorry for not answering them.

The main answer is: Yes, the project is on hold for now, as I'm involved into other projects.

However it may be resumed in the future when I have more free time.

I hope that it is quite usable in the form it is now in Play Store and everyone can use it successfully as is. I use it myself in my car every day :)

Best regards!
    New beta is out:
    - All skins are re-designed for 6x10 grid (instead of previous 6x7 grid). You need to re-apply skin if you want to switch to a new skin.
    - You can choose your favourite skin during first time setup process.
    - Time widget has new options to granually change Time and Date font sizes as well as to swap Time and Date positions
    - Re-written code for album arts in Player widget. Hopefully this will fix most issues.
    - Some other fixes.
    - For built-in skins Icons are automatically setup when put on home screen or moved (based on skins' settings for particular Icon slot).
    giphy.gif