FCC stands up for us on unlmtd vzw

Search This thread

bweN diorD

Jun 12, 2011
verizon is planning to throttle some of us on unlimited in a couple months. the fcc is having none of it.
read about it here.
comments welcome :)

(mods move please if this doesn't belong here)

thanks

sublimaze

Oct 13, 2010
VZW will respond in their typical manner, by stalling for as long as possible, then making up more technobabble regarding "network optimization / prioritization / certification / [insert your term of choice here]". When they finally cannot drag their feet any longer, they will force unmlimited users onto tiered plans, or give them the option to leave with no ETF.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

bweN diorD

Jun 12, 2011
i dont think etf's are an issue. i believe it has been long enough, no one should be under contract any more.
they cant throttle us as it would violate the 700mhz agreement. so there must be some other legality thats keeping them from kicking us off, or they would have already done it, at least im hoping there is anyways.

Primevyl

Dec 26, 2010
My HTC one has been stuck in 3g for a couple of days now...I think these greed mongers found their loop

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

sublimaze

Oct 13, 2010
My HTC one has been stuck in 3g for a couple of days now...I think these greed mongers found their loop
During my last 6-8 months with VZW, my LTE speeds were getting progressively slower to the point it was barely faster than 3G. YouTube videos always buffered, even when I had 3+ bars of LTE. I am pretty sure they began throttling users long ago, but only now made it "official" policy.

Planterz

Feb 28, 2014
Tucson, AZ
During my last 6-8 months with VZW, my LTE speeds were getting progressively slower to the point it was barely faster than 3G. YouTube videos always buffered, even when I had 3+ bars of LTE. I am pretty sure they began throttling users long ago, but only now made it "official" policy.

I noticed the same thing, but I didn't have Unlimited. Where I work, there's apparently a tower not far, yet my speeds were mediocre (3-9Mb/s) At home, there is supposedly equipment from all of the big 4 providers, yet my my Verizon speeds weren't any better. Now, with T-Mobile, at work where the signal is weak (at the farthest point between 2 towers), I get 10-16Mb/s, and at home I get high 20's during the day at the slowest, and at night upwards of 40Mb/s (sometimes more). I don't know if they're throttling on purpose or they're just constantly bottlenecked due to traffic. Either way, I'm glad I switched. Much faster speeds and Unlimited for the same cost.

Reactions: sublimaze
Jun 19, 2014
It's too bad 1GB costs like 10$, these people are so out of touch in regard to the value of data

The issues isn't that they don't know the value of data but rather they know that people will pay whatever they charge for it. If they didn't know the value of data they wouldn't resort to moves like throttling unlimited plan users to get them to switch to a capped plan.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I noticed the same thing, but I didn't have Unlimited. Where I work, there's apparently a tower not far, yet my speeds were mediocre (3-9Mb/s) At home, there is supposedly equipment from all of the big 4 providers, yet my my Verizon speeds weren't any better. Now, with T-Mobile, at work where the signal is weak (at the farthest point between 2 towers), I get 10-16Mb/s, and at home I get high 20's during the day at the slowest, and at night upwards of 40Mb/s (sometimes more). I don't know if they're throttling on purpose or they're just constantly bottlenecked due to traffic. Either way, I'm glad I switched. Much faster speeds and Unlimited for the same cost.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone