• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Fear of getting scratched my 7.6" z fold 3 infinite display !!!

Search This thread
I had used multiple screen protectors for my pricey Z fold 3, but none of them fit properly. Within a few folds, it just peels off or bubbles shoot out. This annoys me and makes me feel uneasy when using it since I should be more cautious with my z fold while gaming because I am worried of scratching it with my nails?

Last edited:

Bababooy

Sep 17, 2021
in reading some of the samsung forums, the samsung reps have described that if you use a 3rd party screen protector over the factory installed PET layer, it will void the warranty if you have issues down the road and attempt to make a claim. I'm just quoting what i've read though so no expert here. Maybe the PET is the reason it's not staying put well. Maybe you would be better off using the S-pen on the inner display if you are worried about scratches. i know it's not ideal for some though having to pull that out all the time with the inner display.

klemen241

Jul 20, 2010
jst use PET stock layer and get it replaced when it has scratches. Watch youtube durabilitty test. He scratched the PET layer with nails and knifes, and screen was perfect after peeling it off.

JayRolla

Mar 8, 2011
in reading some of the samsung forums, the samsung reps have described that if you use a 3rd party screen protector over the factory installed PET layer, it will void the warranty if you have issues down the road and attempt to make a claim. I'm just quoting what i've read though so no expert here. Maybe the PET is the reason it's not staying put well. Maybe you would be better off using the S-pen on the inner display if you are worried about scratches. i know it's not ideal for some though having to pull that out all the time with the inner display.

It does not void warranty. What they say is if you damage screen removing the protector its not covered under warranty.

Yeah, I too had the same thought for the PET layer.
I purchased S pen with the fold, but I also play games on a regular basis, therefore I'm searching for screen protectors for additional protection. If this isn't a foldable device, I'd use temper glass and never worry about such things.

It does not void warranty. What they say is if you damage screen removing the protector its not covered under warranty.
Despite having seen it, I have some concerns about screens, and the Samsung Care Plus is rather expensive, so I planned to purchase it within a month.
Seriously, I don't want to replace the screen on a regular basis, which is why I'm looking for screen protectors. Also, they have limited claims for those purchases

Yeah, I had seen the plan but Samsung doesn't describe those?
1632294247826.png

atvxda

Apr 3, 2008
Boston
My Fold2 had scratches on both screen protectors from daily interactions. My Fold3 has none. The inner screen protector feels more like glass this time around and is doing really well at staying free of scratches. I'm a heavy Note user and am mostly utilizing the inner screen. Very pleased this time around. Have owned my Fold3 for over a month now, zero scratches.

Osimma

Apr 14, 2021
if you install a 3rd party screen protector over the existing one, and somehow the UTG breaks bc of the increased pressure while folding, i'd imagine it would be your fault and not covered under warranty.

why not trust that the existing screen protector will protect the phone? it feels good and doesn't peel, if it becomes too scratched then i would say think about replacing it. otherwise, just enjoy the device and try not to scratch it!

JayRolla

Mar 8, 2011
if you install a 3rd party screen protector over the existing one, and somehow the UTG breaks bc of the increased pressure while folding, i'd imagine it would be your fault and not covered under warranty.

why not trust that the existing screen protector will protect the phone? it feels good and doesn't peel, if it becomes too scratched then i would say think about replacing it. otherwise, just enjoy the device and try not to scratch it!
I agree. I never once said to remove the protector and still have mine. I am just letting people know if they remove the protector. Warranty is not voided.

Reactions: watermelon_sugar

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    My Fold2 had scratches on both screen protectors from daily interactions. My Fold3 has none. The inner screen protector feels more like glass this time around and is doing really well at staying free of scratches. I'm a heavy Note user and am mostly utilizing the inner screen. Very pleased this time around. Have owned my Fold3 for over a month now, zero scratches.

I agree. I never once said to remove the protector and still have mine. I am just letting people know if they remove the protector. Warranty is not voided.
    Never be concerned about an existing screen protector. I reviewed two of my colleague's z fold3, one of them is a heavy user. If you had removed or disturbed the existing screen protector and looking for a new one, the gadgetshield screen protector is a good option