Features disabled/removed on carrier variants of S10?

Search This thread

Kjn246

Feb 24, 2019
So I've seen plenty of discussion on features that the carrier variants support (if used on the same carrier) that the unlocked version does not.

What features (if any) does the unlocked version have that the carrier variants do not? From what I've read, it seems to be the following, but I cannot confirm:
-Built-in Caller ID removed
-No mobile data toggle button from notification area
-Some LTE bands masked out (this is based on some page I read somewhere, but I can't actually confirm)

Are there any other features disabled in the carrier variants? I have an unlocked S10+ and using it on TMobile. I would like to know what I will lose by flashing the TMobile firmware on it.

k0nkuzh0n

Jan 22, 2011
Verizon removes Samsung Cloud, They have for at least a few years now, as they have their own cloud option. Not sure about Tmobile tho.

kdog2021

Oct 15, 2014
Waco
I'm on an AT&T variant of S10. The mobile data toggle is hidden and can be revealed through ABD (there's a thread somewhere that shows how really well. Google search "Mobile data tile ADB" and it should be the first one). The thing I noticed when I have the tile back and use it to turn off my data, I get a notification saying some things won't work and I have to hit Turn Off again.

Shadow_2k

Feb 13, 2011
T-Mobile Germany only adds an installer that offers you to install their apps/partnered apps. Everything else is stock, no strings attached.