Features lost when Rooting?

Search This thread

elliwigy

Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Staff member
XDA App Taskforce
Did you see the picture in the post that was quoted?

It shows as rooted and knox efuse intact. So the warranty would still be good as long as it doesn't trip the efuse.

Look at the picture before telling me a generic answer. I already know that when the excuse is blown the warranty is lost. How do they have root without tripping the efuse?

the picture is a false negative.. magisk uses resetprop to change prop valuescon devices to try and "trick" apps that check for certain props by setting it to 0x0 on boot..

basically knox is still tripped but visually magisk itself makes it appear normal

bs3pro

Jul 24, 2020
dunno what L1 is but unlocking by itself doesnt trio knox, its custom firmware that trips it.. basically anything u do after unlocking lol

and netflix can still work.. its trivial for netflix

Unlocking bl changes wideline l1 to l3, which, sure netflix works, bit not in hd. Just saying what happens. There are workarounds, but a pita. My only reason for rooting anymore is to theme. Unfortunately samsung decided to leave out theme store AGAIN on the tab. Makes ZERO sense.

elliwigy

Staff member
XDA App Taskforce
Unlocking bl changes wideline l1 to l3, which, sure netflix works, bit not in hd. Just saying what happens. There are workarounds, but a pita. My only reason for rooting anymore is to theme. Unfortunately samsung decided to leave out theme store AGAIN on the tab. Makes ZERO sense.

I see.. in ur post u just said L1 without context lol.. and yeah, I simply was saying Netflix will still work. In general anyways lol.

I rarely use the theme store so no biggie here lol

bs3pro

Jul 24, 2020
I see.. in ur post u just said L1 without context lol.. and yeah, I simply was saying Netflix will still work. In general anyways lol.

I rarely use the theme store so no biggie here lol

Someone n another thread is claiming L1 With unlocked BL, and root. I'm not buying it. Could you check for me? Thanks. Just as i thought wideline L3. People are idiots.

UGH, lost hd on netflix. I swear, people today are rally idiots

Last edited:

elliwigy

Staff member
XDA App Taskforce
Someone n another thread is claiming L1 With unlocked BL, and root. I'm not buying it. Could you check for me? Thanks. Just as i thought wideline L3. People are idiots.

still dunno what ur on about now lol heres my g988u on android R rooted with magisk and twrp

elliwigy

Staff member
XDA App Taskforce

to add, just installed netflix and hdr is available

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201031-223101_Netflix.jpg
    Screenshot_20201031-223101_Netflix.jpg
    264.2 KB · Views: 145

elliwigy

Staff member
XDA App Taskforce
This is the galaxy tab s7plus thread, not the s20. WTF? Wideline is L3 when rooted on tab, and no hd on netflix. You cant compare different devices.

bro you are mistaken or dunno what ur doing

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201103-104340.jpg
    Screenshot_20201103-104340.jpg
    246.5 KB · Views: 126
  • Screenshot_20201103-104325_Netflix.jpg
    Screenshot_20201103-104325_Netflix.jpg
    297.4 KB · Views: 124
Well, i unlocked BL, the usual way, and patched the boot.img with magisk, and my tab s7plus had wideline L3. Maybe you can enlighten me what i did wrong? Im up for advice.

You are wrong . i have magisk v22 on stock Android 11 T875 (NO Twrp since for my model doesnt exist)
Tab S7 4G and Still Widevine L1

i unlocked Bootloader usual way and patched the whole AP file with Magisk 22 on my Tablet, then flashed it via Odin and My Tab S7 T875 has Widevine L1 and i can watch Netflix Hulu and Amazon Prime ( ALL IN HD). So what i think is u have to patch the AP file NOT the Boot file in Android 11.

The method of patching bootloader only worked in Android 10 for me not on Android 11

here is some proof for you. see the screenshots :p

if still not satisfied ill upload a video for you. Try Installing pure stock rom without twrp if you have installed twrp. and use complete AP file to patch with magisk and then flash via odin i hope it works for you. best of luck.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1. I rooted my Note 4 phone and Note Pro 12.2 tablet some years ago. This blows an e-fuse on the main board, which prohibits Knox from working forever. Flashing back to stock can't "unblow" a fuse
    That's not quite true these days.
    Using Magisk to root doesn't "blow the e fuse".
    Rooting without installing TWRP will keep the warranty status 0x0 which is valid.

BTW: Netflix ect. Works just fine.

It's nice to see old Note 4 guyz around. I was very active in the sprint Note 4 forums years ago. IMO that was the very best phone samsung ever made. @tx_dbs_tx was a mad man of a developer for that device.
    Can anyone else confirm this?

You loose warranty once device is rooted. No matter if with SuperSU or magisk. Root is root
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone