[Feb.17][6.0.1][G901/G906][UNOFFICAL]Resurrection Remix MM for S5 LTE-A and Plus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

bud7dha

Feb 8, 2015
I don't know why.
But during 2 days' test on my G906,SungHun's CM showed a bad performance.
The same as RR.
Really? I have SungHun's CM 13.0-20160127 build with 3.10.40-Lolliwiz-alpha 4 kernel on my g906s. It's a daily driver without any major bugs encountered thus far. I'm getting 0.4% battery drain per hour on a 20-month old battery with only xposed + amplify installed for power saving. Although I haven't tested it with Antutu, I'm quite satisfied with the performance, and the battery life is akin to what I got with debloated, stock KK roms with lolliwiz kernel and battery apps (amplify + power nap + greenify + appopsxposed).

jesec

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
Jan 29, 2015
SF Bay Area
Really? I have SungHun's CM 13.0-20160127 build with 3.10.40-Lolliwiz-alpha 4 kernel on my g906s. It's a daily driver without any major bugs encountered thus far. I'm getting 0.4% battery drain per hour on a 20-month old battery with only xposed + amplify installed for power saving. Although I haven't tested it with Antutu, I'm quite satisfied with the performance, and the battery life is akin to what I got with debloated, stock KK roms with lolliwiz kernel and battery apps (amplify + power nap + greenify + appopsxposed).

It is useless to talk about standby time.(Mine is about 0.4%/HR TOO)
I care about SOT (Screen On Time).(RR'S SOT is approximately 4.2HR,not bad,but worse than my Kyubi port)
And my RR also shows a good UX. (without any lags).But I don't know why it will have a bad score in Antutu.

BTW: Development and Technical support delay due to the begin of my new term. (I am a full-time student )

bud7dha

Feb 8, 2015
It is useless to talk about standby time.(Mine is about 0.4%/HR TOO)
I care about SOT (Screen On Time).(RR'S SOT is approximately 4.2HR,not bad,but worse than my Kyubi port)
And my RR also shows a good UX. (without any lags).But I don't know why it will have a bad score in Antutu.

BTW: Development and Technical support delay due to the begin of my new term. (I am a full-time student )
Don't too much stock in Antutu scores. If performance is decent, then it's really just a number. That said, my screen on time has been about 3 hours during this current battery cycle at 4 days +, and I'm at 55% battery. The biggest drain for me during this time has been LTE data running a wi-fi hotspot for about 3 hours as well.
I think it's great what you have done so far to support our g906; I'm just not ready to take the plunge with RR or Kyubi yet. Good luck with your studies!

AllAboutTech

Feb 17, 2011
Bucharest
hi @Jesse Chan,

did you managed to work to the new build for RR ROM (between the exams)?
any news regardin the fix for no sim error and RAM management?

@MEGAX91, did you had any time by any chance, to update your kernel for this ROM?
thanks.

licha26

Jan 16, 2011
Lyon, France
hi @Jesse Chan,

did you managed to work to the new build for RR ROM (between the exams)?
any news regardin the fix for no sim error and RAM management?

@MEGAX91, did you had any time by any chance, to update your kernel for this ROM?
thanks.
I don't want to start a war but I think that what you are doing is not very polite. You're always harassing devs to know if they updated their rom/kernel. Don't forget that they are doing this for free during their free time. Studies, army, work... are way more important than xda. Updates will come when they are ready.

PIRATA!

Dec 6, 2010
Many compliments for your work.

May I ask something about the interface? Does it have a Samsung TW layout?
I read "Based On: AOSP,CyanogenMod" in OP..
Where can I find any infos on the rom it self out screenshots or videos playing around it?
Thank you so much.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G906K using TapaTalk

Last edited:
Link:https://mega.nz/#!JFlg1bIB!HofqMWNRk9v2x4tx-vtTv6aZFwQTGmEn2s4LldGt544

New build : (Feb.17)
http://133.130.102.206/ResurrectionRemix-M-v5.6.3-20160217-lentislte.zip

Please flash Kernel after flash ROM if you were G901F user.

Universal, for all users.(G901F and G906SKL)
Description will be uploaded soon.

Some special features compared with original RR:
1.Platform is compiled with Clang 3.8(with krait2 and Polly optimizations)
2.UBER GCC 5.3 with highest optimizations for those part needed to be compile with GCC.
3.Kernel is compiled with UBER GCC 6.0.
4.Pre-optmize dex.(First boot takes only 40 s)
5.Jesse Kernel V2.2 built in.(more information could be found in my Kernel's thread.)

XDA:DevDB Information
Resurrection Remix MM for S5 LTE-A and Plus, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S 5

Contributors
Jesse Chan, CallMESuper
ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
ROM Firmware Required: Lollipop Bootloader(no version specified) and Modem(G906-BOI5+,G901-BOK2+)
Based On: AOSP,CyanogenMod

Version Information

Created 2016-01-29
Last Updated 2016-01-28

The Link dosn't work in the moment??

pollet82

Dec 17, 2010
Hi.

I am interested in this ROMs. What steps must I do for a clean instakation? I am now in android 5.0 with spaceX ROMs. Must I only go to option of flash and install new ROM from recovery? Or is there some other step more.

Tanks and good work for this project.

Weild Hayn

Jul 26, 2012
Hi.

I am interested in this ROMs. What steps must I do for a clean instakation? I am now in android 5.0 with spaceX ROMs. Must I only go to option of flash and install new ROM from recovery? Or is there some other step more.

Tanks and good work for this project.

Download latest build in phone

Flash this with Odin : https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2dDjqNNeNTbVlJJcDZka1JRdWM/view?usp=docslist_api

Reboot to recovery

Wipe and install

Sent from my SM-G906S using Tapatalk

pbecks1963

May 26, 2009
Zutphen
How to....

I am thinking of trying out this rom. I am on a G910F (Marshmallow CM13, TWRP V3)

I downloaded the kernel and the rom. From what i understand i have to do this:

-Wipe all (but the data on my external sd)
-Flash the rom
-Flash the kernel
-Reboot.
Bootloop/not booting into rom? --> remove battery, flash kernel again. (still not working, wipe again, flash rom again, flash kernel again)

Right?

daeymon

May 15, 2008
I am thinking of trying out this rom. I am on a G910F (Marshmallow CM13, TWRP V3)

I downloaded the kernel and the rom. From what i understand i have to do this:

-Wipe all (but the data on my external sd)
-Flash the rom
-Flash the kernel
-Reboot.
Bootloop/not booting into rom? --> remove battery, flash kernel again. (still not working, wipe again, flash rom again, flash kernel again)

Right?

What kernel are you going to use? If it's the Lucifier Kernel, I believe that doesn't have wifi working.

pollet82

Dec 17, 2010
Great proyect.

The correct steps are this?

First flash with Odin this file G906SKL-TWRP-2.8.7.6
Wipe all and them install this file? ResurrectionRemix-M-v5.6.3-20160212-lentislte

Someting more? I am now in SpaceX rom.

Thanks

Youdoofus

Retired Forum Moderator
Feb 21, 2011
Sioux Falls, SD
Samsung Galaxy S9
loving this ROM so far!! I enabled the double tap on the lock screen to turn it off and long press the home button to lock the device. Very pleased with its performance and functionality! Not too sure about the Nougat version yet, kinda scared to jump on it. But this ROM is very nice and have been running it for a month or so

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Link:https://mega.nz/#!JFlg1bIB!HofqMWNRk9v2x4tx-vtTv6aZFwQTGmEn2s4LldGt544

New build : (Feb.17)
    http://133.130.102.206/ResurrectionRemix-M-v5.6.3-20160217-lentislte.zip

Please flash Kernel after flash ROM if you were G901F user.

Universal, for all users.(G901F and G906SKL)
    Description will be uploaded soon.

Some special features compared with original RR:
    1.Platform is compiled with Clang 3.8(with krait2 and Polly optimizations)
    2.UBER GCC 5.3 with highest optimizations for those part needed to be compile with GCC.
    3.Kernel is compiled with UBER GCC 6.0.
    4.Pre-optmize dex.(First boot takes only 40 s)
    5.Jesse Kernel V2.2 built in.(more information could be found in my Kernel's thread.)

XDA:DevDB Information
    Resurrection Remix MM for S5 LTE-A and Plus, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S 5

Contributors
    Jesse Chan, CallMESuper
    ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Lollipop Bootloader(no version specified) and Modem(G906-BOI5+,G901-BOK2+)
    Based On: AOSP,CyanogenMod

Version Information

Created 2016-01-29
    Last Updated 2016-01-28
    All tests passed.
    Uploading.
    At the moment my device is running on CM13 with Stock Kernel - I give it another try with flashing lucifer Kernel 4.0 before and then try to flash RR-ROM again.

Here is my report as a 901f user:

-Using Philz Touch Recovery I was able to successfully install the ROM.
    -Jesse Kernel will NOT boot.
    -Lucifer Kernel 4.0 boots and lets me use the phone :D
    -Wifi does not work with Lucifer Kernel.
    -SIM Card is not recognized!!!

So this ROM is a good try but unfortunaletly not usuable. Im sure if Jesse-chan manages to fix these problems then we would all be very happy.

New version is compiling.It may be released tomorrow.
    Thanks again for feedback.
    hi @Jesse Chan,

For the next build I would like to have 2 things working:

1. No SIM error for G901F to be resolved
    2. for Mokee ROM the fingerprint sensor is working:
    https://youtu.be/gzbUISmDafs
    Fingerprint feature is added after 02.15,Mokee.
    Only 2016-02-15 version have fingerprint feature.

Hope you could resolve these 2 and for sure i will move from Kyubi to RR ROM ASAP.
    Thank you!

Yeah,I noticed.
    Now I already fixed fingerprint for both RR and TW 5.1.1 Port.
    Kernel for G901F and G906 users.