Question Feb 2021 OTA? Or just a "Finish Setup" thing?

Search This thread

Moondroid

Feb 12, 2015
I don't know what it was that prompted an attempted download and install a couple days ago on my lady's Stylus 2021. Not sure if it was just an attempt to complete the "Finish Setup" nag that just wouldn't go away (which I had put off several times) or if it was possibly an OTA. I checked Motorola Support and found nothing even pending. And it isn't even listed here on Android Police (a list of phones likely to get Android 11 in 2021).

So I'm posting this Q here in case anybody can say more about any possible OTA on this phone.

sd_shadow

Recognized Contributor
I don't know what it was that prompted an attempted download and install a couple days ago on my lady's Stylus 2021. Not sure if it was just an attempt to complete the "Finish Setup" nag that just wouldn't go away (which I had put off several times) or if it was possibly an OTA. I checked Motorola Support and found nothing even pending. And it isn't even listed here on Android Police (a list of phones likely to get Android 11 in 2021).

So I'm posting this Q here in case anybody can say more about any possible OTA on this phone.
You could check this link.
They are not the OTA update.zips, but the full firmware

Or LMSA has an update check.
Which also uses the full firmware to update.

Reactions: Moondroid

jumphour

Mar 10, 2011
CT

Sometime in the last week (I don't remember what day) I got an OTA for the January 1 security patch. Maybe that was it?

Reactions: Moondroid

Moondroid

Feb 12, 2015
You could check this link...

Or LMSA has an update check...

Derp (at me), I forgot about LMSA. Thanks a bunch (nice to hear from you specifically) and apologies for the late reply.

Edit to add, I will try LMSA to see if i can download this security update and flash it. If I can do that, maybe I'll also upload it and post a link in this forum.

Sometime in the last week (I don't remember what day) I got an OTA for the January 1 security patch. Maybe that was it?

Yep, in fact the notice showed up again yesterday and this time I acknowledged and let it proceed. Of course it failed because root (after actually starting install). But I did confirm that it was a Security update. Thanks to you as well for replying.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

You could check this link.
    They are not the OTA update.zips, but the full firmware

Or LMSA has an update check.
    Which also uses the full firmware to update.

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone