• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Feb 4 Updated [rom] slimkat 10 final edition built from source unnofficial

Search This thread

optimumpro

Jan 18, 2013
February 4: Rom updated to include February security patches.

Download: http://forum.xda-developers.com/devdb/project/dl/?id=16643

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
January 14. Rom updated to include Google's January 2016 security patches. Also, selinux not only disabled, but completely removed: the rom compiled without selinux sources/binaries.

Kernel does NOT include recovery, so use TWRP for Fota/Recovery partition.

Download: http://forum.xda-developers.com/devdb/project/dl/?id=16217
_________________________________________________________________________________
For those who prefer to stick to bugless kitkat: Rom updated to include all "shields up" features including cleaning creepy Ips and dns defaults. Compiled just a few days ago.

Download Link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/devdb/project/dl/?id=13001

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Here is Slimkat 10 unofficial built from sources on March 2. Built using JDK-7, which turned out to be beneficial for the rom. Slim, fast, smooth and stable. For those of you who have been using Lollipop for a while, you will see how much faster, smoother and more stable kitkat is. Everything works: no reboots, no freezing, no overheating, no screen light flickering, no video recording/play problems, great battery life and abundance of features. This taken together with improved security makes a pretty darn good rom. I tried it and got rid of Lollipop.

Changes:

1. New Iptables binaries which allow to stop kernel communicating (if used with Afwall) with Google home.
2. Changes in Vold to enable 256 bit AES encryption, as opposed to default 128 bit
3. Key length increased for multiple keys
3. Kernel with disabled Selinux and enabled Tomoyo together with all ciphers/hushes/digests/random number generation tools
4. Latest changes from Google code (I was surprised finding changes pushed for kitkat while synching Google source)
5. TWRP 2.8.x integrated in boot image

Install:

1. Be on Kitkat, rooted with recovery
2. Enter recovery and wipe Cache/System/Data
3. Flash the rom and reboot
4. Enjoy and say thank you or perhaps donate

Rom is in Download section above

Credit: Slimroms

Warning: I am not responsible for your device exploding and killing everybody around. You are on your own. :laugh:

Source: https://github.com/SlimRoms/platform_manifest/tree/kk4.4-caf

Source with changes: https://github.com/HonamiZ1

XDA:DevDB Information
Slimkat 10 Final Edition, ROM for the Sony Xperia Z1

Contributors
optimumpro
ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
ROM Firmware Required: Unlocked Bootloader
Based On: Slimroms

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 10
Stable Release Date: 2015-03-02

Created 2015-03-03
Last Updated 2016-02-04

Last edited:

OmarEinea

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 18, 2012
Sharjah, UAE
Believe me I have no interest in being in any of "your threads" {That's why I'm editing this post instead of posting a new one xD},
I'll leave this thread from any further discussion.... for now at least :p

Regards,
Omar.

Last edited:

optimumpro

Jan 18, 2013
" you didn't get my point, did you!!"

Oh, I did get your point alright. :fingers-crossed:

Could you please do me a favor? Kindly stay away from my threads. If you feel that you need to continue to report me, that's your right, but again, stay away from my threads. :)

Best regards

Xecu

Jan 19, 2014
I downgraded from CM12 because it feels like each LP-Rom needs more polishing.
The Rom installed successfully (did a system / data / cache Wipe) but now I am unable to get into recovery. It is stuck on the Sony Logo. Just starting the OS works fine though.

Edit:
I tried flashing TWRP 2.8.6.0 via Flashboot.
Flash was successfull, but I still get stuck on the Sony Logo when i try to get into recovery.
The Led also switches lights from purple to orange.

Last edited:

optimumpro

Jan 18, 2013
I downgraded from CM12 because it feels like each LP-Rom needs more polishing.
The Rom installed successfully (did a system / data / cache Wipe) but now I am unable to get into recovery. It is stuck on the Sony Logo. Just starting the OS works fine though.

Edit:
I tried flashing TWRP 2.8.6.0 via Flashboot.
Flash was successfull, but I still get stuck on the Sony Logo when i try to get into recovery.
The Led also switches lights from purple to orange.

If you have recovery in Fota partition, it is known to collide with in boot image recovery resulting in no recovery at all. So, you need to get rid of Fota recovery to use internal one. For that do this in fastboot: fastboot erase recovery; then fastboot reboot...

Xecu

Jan 19, 2014
If you have recovery in Fota partition, it is known to collide with in boot image recovery resulting in no recovery at all. So, you need to get rid of Fota recovery to use internal one. For that do this in fastboot: fastboot erase recovery; then fastboot reboot...

Thank you! That did it.
But I still dont quite understand what happened here.
So i had 2 partitions, fota and recovery, each having a recovery installed. 'fastboot erase' does delete the one in the recovery partition, leaving only the one in fota.

That sounds kind of wrong for me, because I do want to use the recovery I install via fastboot.

optimumpro

Jan 18, 2013
Thank you! That did it.
So i had 2 partitions, fota and recovery, each having a recovery installed. 'fastboot erase' does delete the one in the recovery partition, leaving only the one in fota.

That sounds kind of wrong for me, because I do want to use the recovery I install via fastboot.

Xperias don't have recovery partition. Fota is used by stock firmware only, so it is available in custom roms, hence recovery image could be installed there. However, the normal way for custom roms is to incorporate recovery into boot image, which is faster. This was until lollipop, when the not so smart folks at Cyanogen, gave up on CWM (which was always in boot image) and came up with their own recovery. CM recovery does not work, so TWRP guys figured out a way to install their recovery in Fota, instead of having users/developers decompiling boot image, replacing CM recovery with TWRP and recompiling the image again. That's what I do in CM based kernels, but Slimrom folks use TWRP in boot by default.

So, when you did fastboot erase recovery, you got rid of recovery in fota partition. Now, you have TWRP in boot image.

Last edited:

Xecu

Jan 19, 2014
Running it for 2 days now and I am highly satisfied.
I downgraded from Lollipop (tried CM, crDroid, another CM-Based Rom and Custom Stock) because each Rom caused 2 main issues: Runtime decreased from 2 days to 1 day and the infamous touch screen issues.
Running this Rom, these issues are gone. I am again at 2 days runtime and I can finally write longer messages without beeing bothered by an unresponsive screen. The system feels reliable again.

Only issue i found so far, is that my headphones are sometimes not recognized. In these cases, I have to unplug and plug them in again until the system recognizes them. I had the same issue when I was on KitSlim_AMG, but not on stock. So this might be a bug in the SlimBean / CM Code-Base.

optimumpro

Jan 18, 2013
I downgraded from Lollipop (tried CM, crDroid, another CM-Based Rom and Custom Stock) because each Rom caused 2 main issues: Runtime decreased from 2 days to 1 day and the infamous touch screen issues.

You are forgetting the heat issue, which requires RECALL. I am not a huge gamer, but CPU can easily get to 75-80 degrees after using Firefox/Fennec for about 10 minutes. Then flickering and other heat protection kick in. Note, that most users won't notice overheat, because glass is not a very good heat conduit. They just complain of backlight flickering. However, if you enable CPU stats in developer options, you can see the temperature on screen. This is a shame (overheating), especially that LP has been around for about 7 months to no avail. You can't blame the processor, since there is no heat issue on kitkat and jb.

Lollipop, in my view, is the worst ever android version: linux (which is great) + google poop (google does what it does best) = lollipop. Really, the name should be Lollipoop. :)

Last edited:

Xecu

Jan 19, 2014
I got another question :D
Logcat seems to be disabled, because /dev/log/main is not created. Is there a way to activate it?

AnrgKrshn

Sep 7, 2012
Hyderabad
Rom updated to include January 2016 security patches. See OP for download and description.

Thank you for continuing to support KitKat :) I'll try the new build tomorrow :)

So the boot image doesn't have a kernel? Do I have to fastboot flash recovery recovery.img if I don't have the bootloader update?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    February 4: Rom updated to include February security patches.

Download: http://forum.xda-developers.com/devdb/project/dl/?id=16643

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    January 14. Rom updated to include Google's January 2016 security patches. Also, selinux not only disabled, but completely removed: the rom compiled without selinux sources/binaries.

Kernel does NOT include recovery, so use TWRP for Fota/Recovery partition.

Download: http://forum.xda-developers.com/devdb/project/dl/?id=16217
    _________________________________________________________________________________
    For those who prefer to stick to bugless kitkat: Rom updated to include all "shields up" features including cleaning creepy Ips and dns defaults. Compiled just a few days ago.

Download Link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/devdb/project/dl/?id=13001

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Here is Slimkat 10 unofficial built from sources on March 2. Built using JDK-7, which turned out to be beneficial for the rom. Slim, fast, smooth and stable. For those of you who have been using Lollipop for a while, you will see how much faster, smoother and more stable kitkat is. Everything works: no reboots, no freezing, no overheating, no screen light flickering, no video recording/play problems, great battery life and abundance of features. This taken together with improved security makes a pretty darn good rom. I tried it and got rid of Lollipop.

Changes:

1. New Iptables binaries which allow to stop kernel communicating (if used with Afwall) with Google home.
    2. Changes in Vold to enable 256 bit AES encryption, as opposed to default 128 bit
    3. Key length increased for multiple keys
    3. Kernel with disabled Selinux and enabled Tomoyo together with all ciphers/hushes/digests/random number generation tools
    4. Latest changes from Google code (I was surprised finding changes pushed for kitkat while synching Google source)
    5. TWRP 2.8.x integrated in boot image

Install:

1. Be on Kitkat, rooted with recovery
    2. Enter recovery and wipe Cache/System/Data
    3. Flash the rom and reboot
    4. Enjoy and say thank you or perhaps donate

Rom is in Download section above

Credit: Slimroms

Warning: I am not responsible for your device exploding and killing everybody around. You are on your own. :laugh:

Source: https://github.com/SlimRoms/platform_manifest/tree/kk4.4-caf

Source with changes: https://github.com/HonamiZ1

XDA:DevDB Information
    Slimkat 10 Final Edition, ROM for the Sony Xperia Z1

Contributors
    optimumpro
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Unlocked Bootloader
    Based On: Slimroms

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 10
    Stable Release Date: 2015-03-02

Created 2015-03-03
    Last Updated 2016-02-04
    New build

Rom updated to include January 2016 security patches. See OP for download and description.
    Thank you! That did it.

Xperias don't have recovery partition. Fota is used by stock firmware only, so it is available in custom roms, hence recovery image could be installed there. However, the normal way for custom roms is to incorporate recovery into boot image, which is faster. This was until lollipop, when the not so smart folks at Cyanogen, gave up on CWM (which was always in boot image) and came up with their own recovery. CM recovery does not work, so TWRP guys figured out a way to install their recovery in Fota, instead of having users/developers decompiling boot image, replacing CM recovery with TWRP and recompiling the image again. That's what I do in CM based kernels, but Slimrom folks use TWRP in boot by default.

So, when you did fastboot erase recovery, you got rid of recovery in fota partition. Now, you have TWRP in boot image.
    New build is up

Rom updated to include February security patches. Download is in the OP.

You are forgetting the heat issue, which requires RECALL. I am not a huge gamer, but CPU can easily get to 75-80 degrees after using Firefox/Fennec for about 10 minutes. Then flickering and other heat protection kick in. Note, that most users won't notice overheat, because glass is not a very good heat conduit. They just complain of backlight flickering. However, if you enable CPU stats in developer options, you can see the temperature on screen. This is a shame (overheating), especially that LP has been around for about 7 months to no avail. You can't blame the processor, since there is no heat issue on kitkat and jb.

Lollipop, in my view, is the worst ever android version: linux (which is great) + google poop (google does what it does best) = lollipop. Really, the name should be Lollipoop. :)