[February 7, 2022] Pixel Tweaks for Pixel 5 with Color Picker

Add Quick Settings Background options at the cost of not being able to switch themes?

• Yes, make default background for both themes white

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Yes, make default background for both themes black

Votes: 28 68.3%
  • No

Votes: 11 26.8%

• Total voters
Search This thread

eg1122

Just flashed it and enabled Nav Bar hide in Substratum and it's working fine. The only issue is that theres a camera delay when switching between modes, about 4 seconds compared to 1.5ish stock. Is there a way resolve this?
After a little bit of testing it seems that hiding the navigation bar is what is causing the issue. I'll experiment with other ways to hide it and see if that resolves it.

Edit**

I tried hiding the navbar with gravity box and the same thing happened. I saw an adb command floating around to remove the navbar. I will try that next and see if it changes the camera behavior.

Last edited:

QuickInfo

Sep 1, 2012
After a little bit of testing it seems that hiding the navigation bar is what is causing the issue. I'll experiment with other ways to hide it and see if that resolves it.

Edit**

I tried hiding the navbar with gravity box and the same thing happened. I saw an adb command floating around to remove the navbar. I will try that next and see if it changes the camera behavior.
@ Tulsadiver was able to fix it, how I'm not sure but he did eliminate the lag. Appreciate you looking into this!

iRub1Out

Jul 19, 2012
That looks nice. Looks like a 3rd party launcher, but I'll dig around to see what I can do.
I appreciate that, man.

I do believe they said it's a launcher, which seems goofy - I feel like that should be totally possible in the stock OS.

Thank you again, I've been really impressed with how on top of things you've been from everyone in the thread, that is a seemingly lost art anymore.

eg1122

@ Tulsadiver was able to fix it, how I'm not sure but he did eliminate the lag. Appreciate you looking into this!

I have a fix coming in the next couple of days.

I appreciate that, man.

I do believe they said it's a launcher, which seems goofy - I feel like that should be totally possible in the stock OS.

Thank you again, I've been really impressed with how on top of things you've been from everyone in the thread, that is a seemingly lost art anymore.

This one I'm still looking into. The more I look the more I'm convinced it is not possible but I won't give up just yet.

Reactions: iRub1Out
Aug 20, 2019
Moto G 2014
Google Pixel C
Forgive me if it is too early, but does this project happened to support Android 12? I'm on the developer preview 1.1 and this mod is crashing the pixel launcher so I cannot access my home. Does anyone manage to get it working in Android 12?

eg1122

Forgive me if it is too early, but does this project happened to support Android 12? I'm on the developer preview 1.1 and this mod is crashing the pixel launcher so I cannot access my home. Does anyone manage to get it working in Android 12?
I have an unreleased A12 DP1 version. I will release it once it's been thoroughly tested.

eg1122

Some things are brewing

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210304-173750.png
    Screenshot_20210304-173750.png
    523.2 KB · Views: 29
  • Screenshot_20210304-173756.png
    Screenshot_20210304-173756.png
    155.2 KB · Views: 31
  • Screenshot_20210304-173817.png
    Screenshot_20210304-173817.png
    895.7 KB · Views: 30
  • Screenshot_20210304-173822.png
    Screenshot_20210304-173822.png
    484.4 KB · Views: 27
    523.2 KB · Views: 27
  • Screenshot_20210304-173817.png
    Screenshot_20210304-173817.png
    895.7 KB · Views: 28
  • Screenshot_20210304-173737.png
    Screenshot_20210304-173737.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 25
  • Screenshot_20210304-173756.png
    Screenshot_20210304-173756.png
    155.2 KB · Views: 24
    523.2 KB · Views: 18
  • Screenshot_20210304-173822.png
    Screenshot_20210304-173822.png
    484.4 KB · Views: 23
Reactions: miggsr

eg1122

If there is anyone on Android 12 DP 1.1, could you please pull the following apps and send them to me.

framework-res.apk

Found in /system/framework/

SystemUIGoogle.apk
NexusLauncherRelease.apk

Found in /system/system_ext/priv_app/

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

lenylopez19

Nov 20, 2013
Any chance to make this work on Google experience rom? I like how smooth the stock launcher is, but I can't customize anything on it.

eg1122

Any chance to make this work on Google experience rom? I like how smooth the stock launcher is, but I can't customize anything on it.
If that rom is using the latest pixel launcher from March ota and it is located in /system/system_ext/priv-app then it's compatible. Ask the rom dev about that. If rom is using an older pixel launcher apk I can post one that functions just depends how old is the one in the rom. If the rom has it located elsewhere then I can simply rezip it. However, if the dev made edits to the apk for the rom, he/she is welcomed to contact me and I will gladly pass on my edits so that they can incorporate it in their end.

eg1122

Rebranded the Pixel Launcher Editor to Pixel Tweaks as it now contains modifications to other things besides the launcher.

I do not recommend you install this over other mods that touch/modify SystemUI. FC possible.

Changelog
Rebranded to Pixel Tweaks Helper v1.0.0.1 & Pixel Tweaks Helper CC v1.0.0.1

Added SystemUIGoogle.apk to zip to facilitate mods via Substratum
Pixel Tweaks Helper CC has a center clock built into it. Flash either or, but not both.

Rebranded to Pixel Tweaks v5.2
Added ability to change statusbar icon & text colors
Added ability to change lockscreen & quick settings text (clock and qs labels wont change for now)
Fixed camera lag when removing 3 button navigation bar (fix is applied via SystemUI overlay)
Added ability to remove the battery icon but not the battery percentage text
Added ability to remove the top right corner padding on the statusbar in order to move statusbar icons closer to the edge.

To-Do
Figure out clock color in quick settings
Add ability to change quick settings background
Add ability to change quick setting active color
Add ability to use white or black quick settings icons
Add ability to change the quick setting inactive color

Last edited:

eg1122

Oh awesome!! What's the trick to prevent the lag?
So to hide the navigation bar I had set the height to 0dpi. When doing it like that the navigation bar disappears but causes the lag in the camera. I noticed that if I set the dimensions something other than 0 the lag is gone. So I set it to 1 instead (this makes it slightly visible) and added a padding on top to push it below the viewable screen.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Instructions & Downloads

1. Download and flash Pixel.Tweaks.Helper.zip via Magisk.
    2. Install Substratum Lite from Play Store.
    3. Uninstall previous versions of the editor, disable Pixel Tweaks overlays in substratum, and reboot.
    4. Install Pixel Tweaks.*
    *When installing the editor you might get a message stating that Play Protect does not recognize this app's developer, that is because I signed the app with my private keys and I am not registered through the Play Store.

How to build your custom Pixel Launcher Theme

01. Open Substratum Lite and select Tweaks.
    02. Read welcome screen carefully then select PROCEED.
    03. At the very top choose the grid layout you would like, you will need to use the same grid layout in step 11 below (ex Grid6x7).
    04. Under Android System select AppDrawerBkg to set your desired app drawer background color. If nothing is selected, stock colors will be used (note that the hex code to the far right will not change when you select a different color, the color circle will show the color you picked).
    05. Under Android System select FolderBkg to set your desired folder background color. If nothing is selected, stock colors will be used.
    06. Under Android System select FolderTrim to set your desired folder trim color. If nothing is selected, stock colors will be used.
    07. Under Android System select 3 Button Navigation Bar Options if you would like to hide the 3 bar navigation bar. Please make sure you have a 3rd party navigation solution ready to go before you enable the overlays.
    08. Under Pixel Launcher select DrawerText to set your desired app drawer text color. If nothing is selected, stock colors will be used.
    09. Under Pixel Launcher select FolderText to set your desired folder text color. If nothing is selected, stock colors will be used.
    10. Under Pixel Launcher select HomeText to set your desired home text color. If nothing is selected, stock colors will be used.
    11. Under Pixel Launcher select Remove Searchbar? to choose whether or not you would like to remove the search bar. If you would like to remove it, make sure you select the same grid as you did in step 03 above (ex. Yes6x7)
    12. Under Pixel Launcher select Dock Options to set how many apps you would like on your dock.
    13. Under Pixel Launcher select Text Size to set your desired text size or if you would like to remove it completely.
    14. Under Pixel Launcher select Icon & At A Glance Options to set your desired icon size.
    15. Under System UI select StatbarTextIcon to set your desired color of all items appearing in the statusbar. If nothing is selected, stock colors will be used.
    16. Under System UI select LockscreenDropdownText to set your desired color of text in the lockscreen and quick settings. If nothing is selected, stock colors will be used.
    17.Under System UI select Yes under Did you hide 3 button navigation bar? if you hid it in step 07, otherwise leave it alone.
    18. Under System UI select your desired Quick Settings Layout. Android 11 is the default 2 rows and 3 columns. Android 10 is 3 rows and 3 columns.
    19. Under System UI select Yes under Remove Battery Icon? if you would like to remove the battery icon but leave the battery percentage visable, otherwise leave it alone.
    20. Under System UI select Yes under Remove Statsubar Corner Padding if you would like your statusbar icons to be closer to the edge of the screen, otherwise leave it alone.
    21. Select the boxes for Android System, Pixel Launcher, and System UI then select the floating bubble at the bottom right and select Install selected.
    22. If you would like to hide at a glance widget please follow the following steps, if not skip to step 23.
    a. At the very top select the same grid you selected the first time (ex. Grid6x7).
    b. Skip down to Remove Searchbar? and select the same option you selected in step 11 above (ex. Yes6x7)
    c. Skip down to very bottom, press Icon & At A Glance Options and select RemoveAtAGlance (this will only hide the widget, area will not be usable).
    d. Check the box for Pixel Launcher. Only this box. 1 box only. Do not select Android System. Do not select System UI
    e. Press 1 Selected (see only 1, does not have a 2 or a 3) bubble that appears on bottom right and select Install selected.
    23. Reboot your phone
    24. Once you are booted up, go to Substratum Lite and select Manager in the bottom center
    25. Select the overlays you built (they should be orange) and press the floating bubble that appears and press Enable selected (the selected overlays will turn green, screen might turn off for a moment)
    26. Reboot and enjoy

Here is a video of me building the theme with substratum lite.
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/Mzqy3zRWtLNnrKjr8

Use this to use icon packs on Pixel Launcher
    https://xdaforums.com/android/apps-games/app-pixel-launcher-mods-icon-packs-t3732483

Pixel Tweaks Helper v1.0.0.4 download count: 567
    Pixel Tweaks v5.2 download count: 494

Pixel Tweaks Helper v1.0.0.3 download count: 523
    Pixel Tweaks Helper v1.0.0.2 download count: 422
    Pixel Tweaks Helper v1.0.0.1 download count: 504
    Pixel Launcher Editor v5.0 download count: 1670
    Pixel Launcher Helper v11.0.0.4 download count: 1415
    Pixel Launcher Editor v4.1 download count: 972
    Pixel Launcher Helper v11.0.0.2/3 download count: 293

If I helped, hit the Thanks Button!
    Feeling generous, send me a beer!
    Okay guys, I just want to say that lately I've been burned out from android modding/theming and I just have no drive to keep doing it. Having said that, I will be taking a break from xda with the hope that I at least have it in me to keep updating this mod for every OTA. If what I saw on Android 12 DP1 is any indication of the changes needed for my mod to work on the official Android 12 release it will be a simple port; however, if there are dramatic changes needed to my mod I can not guarantee that I will continue with it past Android 11. Only time will tell, but I just need a break at the moment. Thank you all for using this mod and please continue to enjoy it!
    No update required for October OTA but a fresh install is required. Just disable the Substratum overlays then completely remove the Magisk module for this mod and reboot. Once you reboot flash the Magisk module and reboot. You can now enable the Substratum overlays and reboot if needed.
    will this tweak work on A12 DP3?
    No. A12 will need an update. I will try to support the official A12 release once it's out.
    Q & A

Q: Will this mod work on other Pixel Devices?
    A: Each Pixel device starting with Pixel 2 has its own thread. Please check in the corresponding device forums.

Q: There is no thread in the Pixel 3a or Pixel 3aXL forums, where can I find the mod for this device?
    A: The mod is exactly the same as the one for the Pixel 3(XL), go there for download.

Q: There is no thread on the Pixel 4a or Pixel 4a 5g forums, is this compatible with those devices?
    A: Unknown, I have no way of testing on those two devices. If you would like to become a tester send me a private message. You must know how to use ADB and willing to suffer force closures.

Q: When will this mod be compatible with the Pixel 4a and/or Pixel 4a 5g?
    A: I need someone on the latest firmware for those devices to send me the Pixel Launcher apk. It is located in /system/system_ext/priv-app/NexusLauncherRelease/. Once this file is sent to me I will be able to make this mod compatible with those devices.