[February 7, 2022] Pixel Tweaks for Pixel 5 with Color Picker

Add Quick Settings Background options at the cost of not being able to switch themes?

• Yes, make default background for both themes white

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Yes, make default background for both themes black

Votes: 28 68.3%
  • No

Votes: 11 26.8%

• Total voters
Search This thread

eg1122

pixel 5 bootloop on last security update a12 november
Yeah someone also reported that on the p4xl. If you can send me the following stock apks I can make it work for p5

/system/system_ext/priv-app/NexusLauncherRelease/NexusLauncherRelease.apk

/system/system_ext/priv-app/SystemUIGoogle/SystemUIGoogle.apk

/system/framework/framework-res.apk

Reactions: Ivixmax

Ivixmax

Dec 10, 2011
León
www.htcmania.com
Yeah someone also reported that on the p4xl. If you can send me the following stock apks I can make it work for p5

/system/system_ext/priv-app/NexusLauncherRelease/NexusLauncherRelease.apk

/system/system_ext/priv-app/SystemUIGoogle/SystemUIGoogle.apk

/system/framework/framework-res.apk

From my p5 nov a12

Attachments

• apks.zip
    39.5 MB · Views: 18
Reactions: eg1122

eg1122

Attachments

• Pixel5.Tweaks.Helper.Searchbar.Removal.v2.0.0.1.zip
    14.6 MB · Views: 10
  • Pixel5.Tweaks.Helper.v2.0.0.1.zip
    14.6 MB · Views: 9
Last edited:

eg1122

Update available, it can be flashed over v2.0.0.1. Enjoy!

Changelog

Pixel5.Tweaks.Helper.v2.0.0.2
Made changes to allow the added functions of Pixel Tweaks 6.1 based on Pixel 5 November 2021 OTA

Pixel Tweaks v6.1
It only changes the dark theme now, use Pixel Tweaks Light Extension to edit the light theme.
Added the ability to change the last 3 "Basic Colors" found under Wallpaper & style. (Accent1, Accent2, Accent3).
Added the ability to change the dark Statusbar icon colors, the dark 3 Navigation button colors, and the dark gestural back arrows color (StatBarIcons).
Added the ability to change the gestural navigation handle at the bottom (GestureNavHandle).,
Added the ability to show more notifications (7).

Pixel Tweaks Light Extension v1.0
Initial Android 12 Release
Change the following light theme elements independently from Pixel Tweaks
  • App drawer background color
  • Folder background color
  • App drawer text color
  • Folder text color
  • Statusbar icons, 3 button navigation buttons, & gestural back arrows color
  • Gestural navigation handle color

Last edited:

eg1122

Some stuff is brewing...solid colors for now.

Screenshot_20211114-223818.pngScreenshot_20211114-223828.png

Reactions: andybones

eg1122

Hot out of the oven...zips can be flashed over previous version.

Changelog

Pixel.Tweaks.Helper.v2.0.0.3
Made changes to allow the added functions of Pixel Tweaks 6.2 based on Pixel 5 November 2021 OTA

Pixel Tweaks v6.2
Added ability to change the dark notification shade color (DropdownBkg)
Added smaller text sizes for app labels
Added up to 7x11 grid sizes

Pixel Tweaks Light Extension v1.1
Added ability to change the light notification shade color (DropdownBkg)

Downloads on post #4 of main thread

Last edited:

eg1122

Happy early Thanksgiving to all of you guys! I'll be MIA for a few days but wanted to drop this before heading out. Update can be flashed over 2.0.0.3, but Android System and Pixel Launcher overlays need to be rebuilt for sure. Enjoy!

Changelog

Pixel.Tweaks.Helper.v2.0.0.4
Incorporated framework-res.apk into the mod to try to fix Material You theme engine.
A bunch of pastel/washed out colors have been removed. You will notice the colors set from Pixel Themes will be more vibrant or toned down based on your choices.
Made other changes to allow the added functions of Pixel Tweaks 6.3 based on Pixel 5 November 2021 OTA

Pixel Tweaks v6.3
Added a color switch for the Material You theme engine. You can now set colors closer to what you input in the Pixel Themes section.
Reworked AppDrawerBkg, FolderBkg, and DropdownBkg

Pixel Tweaks Light Extension v1.2
Reworked AppDrawerBkg, FolderBkg, and DropdownBkg

Downloads can be found in the following post

eg1122

Sorry for the long turn around guys, I really dont like releasing something until I get a chance to test it first but Google delayed the P6 OTA. I did get around to updating the mod for you guys, but I was not able to troubleshoot the Android Auto issue. I will look into this and will fix it with next update.

Changelog

Pixel.Tweaks.Helper.v2.0.0.5
December 2021 OTA Update
Renamed Files to make file names shorter
- Pixel5.Tweaks is now P5T
- Searchbar.Removal is now SBR

As always downloads can be found in post #4 of main thread.

Last edited:
Reactions: miggsr

mattstermh

Dec 9, 2015
Maybe I'm doing something wrong but I cannot get the 3 gesture button setting working (with the classic back and home buttons on the bottom of the screen).
I set it to 'no' in system UI. I see 3 tiny lines at the bottom of the screen but they aren't selectable.
Screenshot_20211215-114402.png

miggsr

Feb 3, 2011
HTC One (m7)
Sprint HTC One
Maybe I'm doing something wrong but I cannot get the 3 gesture button setting working (with the classic back and home buttons on the bottom of the screen).
I set it to 'no' in system UI. I see 3 tiny lines at the bottom of the screen but they aren't selectable. View attachment 5483151
The screenshot seems a little bit cut short at the bottom. Aside from that, can you take a screenshot of the overlays that you have added in substratum lite? Also, what gestures are you using for navigation? Are you using 3 button system navigation? Or Gesture system navigation?

mattstermh

Dec 9, 2015
The screenshot seems a little bit cut short at the bottom. Aside from that, can you take a screenshot of the overlays that you have added in substratum lite? Also, what gestures are you using for navigation? Are you using 3 button system navigation? Or Gesture system navigation?
That is exactly what it looks like - on every page those 3 lines appear as if they were cut off. With two button navigation, only 2 tiny lines appear at the bottom. Not sure why. The screenshot is not cut off, though.

I tried all different gesture navigation options, but the above SS is with 3 button system navigation enabled.
Here is how my substratum lite is configured:
note: this is with gesture navigation enabled (no lines show as you can see)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211215-120144.png
    Screenshot_20211215-120144.png
    323 KB · Views: 17

miggsr

Feb 3, 2011
HTC One (m7)
Sprint HTC One
That is exactly what it looks like - on every page those 3 lines appear as if they were cut off. With two button navigation, only 2 tiny lines appear at the bottom. Not sure why. The screenshot is not cut off, though.

I tried all different gesture navigation options, but the above SS is with 3 button system navigation enabled.
Here is how my substratum lite is configured:
note: this is with gesture navigation enabled (no lines show as you can see)
Switch your system navigation to gesture, navigation and reboot your device

eg1122

By doing this I am now using system navigation and it works fine. But my goal is to use the old school buttons (home, back, switch apps) - isn't that 3 button navigation?
You mentioned that you tried using 2 button navigation a few posts up. That means you probably have another mod installed that is enabling that and it's interfering with this one. I would suggest you remove whichever mod is enabling 2 button navigation and then reboot to see if 3 button navigation displays correctly.

mattstermh

Dec 9, 2015
You mentioned that you tried using 2 button navigation a few posts up. That means you probably have another mod installed that is enabling that and it's interfering with this one. I would suggest you remove whichever mod is enabling 2 button navigation and then reboot to see if 3 button navigation displays correctly.
Good call. I disabled tulsadiver mod (I don't even know what it does, just had it there) and that fixed it upon rebooting.

Ty!

Reactions: eg1122

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Instructions & Downloads

1. Download and flash Pixel.Tweaks.Helper.zip via Magisk.
    2. Install Substratum Lite from Play Store.
    3. Uninstall previous versions of the editor, disable Pixel Tweaks overlays in substratum, and reboot.
    4. Install Pixel Tweaks.*
    *When installing the editor you might get a message stating that Play Protect does not recognize this app's developer, that is because I signed the app with my private keys and I am not registered through the Play Store.

How to build your custom Pixel Launcher Theme

01. Open Substratum Lite and select Tweaks.
    02. Read welcome screen carefully then select PROCEED.
    03. At the very top choose the grid layout you would like, you will need to use the same grid layout in step 11 below (ex Grid6x7).
    04. Under Android System select AppDrawerBkg to set your desired app drawer background color. If nothing is selected, stock colors will be used (note that the hex code to the far right will not change when you select a different color, the color circle will show the color you picked).
    05. Under Android System select FolderBkg to set your desired folder background color. If nothing is selected, stock colors will be used.
    06. Under Android System select FolderTrim to set your desired folder trim color. If nothing is selected, stock colors will be used.
    07. Under Android System select 3 Button Navigation Bar Options if you would like to hide the 3 bar navigation bar. Please make sure you have a 3rd party navigation solution ready to go before you enable the overlays.
    08. Under Pixel Launcher select DrawerText to set your desired app drawer text color. If nothing is selected, stock colors will be used.
    09. Under Pixel Launcher select FolderText to set your desired folder text color. If nothing is selected, stock colors will be used.
    10. Under Pixel Launcher select HomeText to set your desired home text color. If nothing is selected, stock colors will be used.
    11. Under Pixel Launcher select Remove Searchbar? to choose whether or not you would like to remove the search bar. If you would like to remove it, make sure you select the same grid as you did in step 03 above (ex. Yes6x7)
    12. Under Pixel Launcher select Dock Options to set how many apps you would like on your dock.
    13. Under Pixel Launcher select Text Size to set your desired text size or if you would like to remove it completely.
    14. Under Pixel Launcher select Icon & At A Glance Options to set your desired icon size.
    15. Under System UI select StatbarTextIcon to set your desired color of all items appearing in the statusbar. If nothing is selected, stock colors will be used.
    16. Under System UI select LockscreenDropdownText to set your desired color of text in the lockscreen and quick settings. If nothing is selected, stock colors will be used.
    17.Under System UI select Yes under Did you hide 3 button navigation bar? if you hid it in step 07, otherwise leave it alone.
    18. Under System UI select your desired Quick Settings Layout. Android 11 is the default 2 rows and 3 columns. Android 10 is 3 rows and 3 columns.
    19. Under System UI select Yes under Remove Battery Icon? if you would like to remove the battery icon but leave the battery percentage visable, otherwise leave it alone.
    20. Under System UI select Yes under Remove Statsubar Corner Padding if you would like your statusbar icons to be closer to the edge of the screen, otherwise leave it alone.
    21. Select the boxes for Android System, Pixel Launcher, and System UI then select the floating bubble at the bottom right and select Install selected.
    22. If you would like to hide at a glance widget please follow the following steps, if not skip to step 23.
    a. At the very top select the same grid you selected the first time (ex. Grid6x7).
    b. Skip down to Remove Searchbar? and select the same option you selected in step 11 above (ex. Yes6x7)
    c. Skip down to very bottom, press Icon & At A Glance Options and select RemoveAtAGlance (this will only hide the widget, area will not be usable).
    d. Check the box for Pixel Launcher. Only this box. 1 box only. Do not select Android System. Do not select System UI
    e. Press 1 Selected (see only 1, does not have a 2 or a 3) bubble that appears on bottom right and select Install selected.
    23. Reboot your phone
    24. Once you are booted up, go to Substratum Lite and select Manager in the bottom center
    25. Select the overlays you built (they should be orange) and press the floating bubble that appears and press Enable selected (the selected overlays will turn green, screen might turn off for a moment)
    26. Reboot and enjoy

Here is a video of me building the theme with substratum lite.
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/Mzqy3zRWtLNnrKjr8

Use this to use icon packs on Pixel Launcher
    https://xdaforums.com/android/apps-games/app-pixel-launcher-mods-icon-packs-t3732483

Pixel Tweaks Helper v1.0.0.4 download count: 567
    Pixel Tweaks v5.2 download count: 494

Pixel Tweaks Helper v1.0.0.3 download count: 523
    Pixel Tweaks Helper v1.0.0.2 download count: 422
    Pixel Tweaks Helper v1.0.0.1 download count: 504
    Pixel Launcher Editor v5.0 download count: 1670
    Pixel Launcher Helper v11.0.0.4 download count: 1415
    Pixel Launcher Editor v4.1 download count: 972
    Pixel Launcher Helper v11.0.0.2/3 download count: 293

If I helped, hit the Thanks Button!
    Feeling generous, send me a beer!
    Okay guys, I just want to say that lately I've been burned out from android modding/theming and I just have no drive to keep doing it. Having said that, I will be taking a break from xda with the hope that I at least have it in me to keep updating this mod for every OTA. If what I saw on Android 12 DP1 is any indication of the changes needed for my mod to work on the official Android 12 release it will be a simple port; however, if there are dramatic changes needed to my mod I can not guarantee that I will continue with it past Android 11. Only time will tell, but I just need a break at the moment. Thank you all for using this mod and please continue to enjoy it!
    No update required for October OTA but a fresh install is required. Just disable the Substratum overlays then completely remove the Magisk module for this mod and reboot. Once you reboot flash the Magisk module and reboot. You can now enable the Substratum overlays and reboot if needed.
    will this tweak work on A12 DP3?
    No. A12 will need an update. I will try to support the official A12 release once it's out.
    Q & A

Q: Will this mod work on other Pixel Devices?
    A: Each Pixel device starting with Pixel 2 has its own thread. Please check in the corresponding device forums.

Q: There is no thread in the Pixel 3a or Pixel 3aXL forums, where can I find the mod for this device?
    A: The mod is exactly the same as the one for the Pixel 3(XL), go there for download.

Q: There is no thread on the Pixel 4a or Pixel 4a 5g forums, is this compatible with those devices?
    A: Unknown, I have no way of testing on those two devices. If you would like to become a tester send me a private message. You must know how to use ADB and willing to suffer force closures.

Q: When will this mod be compatible with the Pixel 4a and/or Pixel 4a 5g?
    A: I need someone on the latest firmware for those devices to send me the Pixel Launcher apk. It is located in /system/system_ext/priv-app/NexusLauncherRelease/. Once this file is sent to me I will be able to make this mod compatible with those devices.