Fermata Media Player - audio and video player for Android Auto

Search This thread

davostoff

Jul 11, 2019
Hi friends! I install fermata auto. I add a iptv list, When I try to play a channel, it only plays the sound without the video. If i try this iptv list on iptv smarters or VLC in my android phone, it run perfectly

Hole_12

May 6, 2021
Good morning. I would love to install Fermata for Android Auto on _ Hiunday i40 / Galaxi A5 with android 8.0.0_ I would like to receive some help to start the installation, I have already read the whole thread, it is not clear to me what to install on the mobile and what on the car.

Thanks

Buenos dias. Me encantaria instalar Fermata para Android Auto en _ Hiunday i40 / Galaxi A5 con android 8.0.0_ Me gustaria recibir algo de ayuda para empezar la instalacion, ya he leido todo el hilo, no me queda claro que instlar en el movil y que en el coche.
Gracias

Last edited by a moderator:

davostoff

Jul 11, 2019
You need to install the Github version of the player, as described in the head of this thread.
I have followed the following steps, installing the latest version of github

• Install an appropriate universal apk (arm or arm64).
  • Download and install AIO Tweaker - https://github.com/shmykelsa/AA-Tweaker/tags .
  • Start the tweaker, open the apps list, select Fermata Auto in the list, return to the main screen and press the PATCH button. Reboot the device.

Hole_12

May 6, 2021

Hole_12

May 6, 2021
Can you add a folder with .mp3 files to play music only?

Se puede agregar carpeta con archivos .mp3 para reproducir solo musica?

Hole_12

May 6, 2021
Gracias por su ayuda. Instalaré Fermata según su consejo. Nota: el movil no está roteado, algún problema por ello?
Use the recommended installer: from AAAD, install Fermata Auto, then Fermata Control, now I have Fermata Auto and Fermata Control on the device, in Android Auto in the car only Fermata Control appears, the videos on the mobile with Fermata Auto are fine, but in the car only audio video only small fixed icon. Am I doing something wrong?

Community-verified icon

Use el instalador recomendado: desde AAAD, instale Fermata Auto, despues Fermata Control, ahora tengo Fermata Auto y Fermata Control en el dispositivo, en Android Auto en el coche solo aparece Fermata Control, los videos en el movil con Fermata Auto van bien, pero en el coche solo audio el video solo icono pequeño fijo. Algo estoy haciendo mal?

Attachments

• IMG_20210508_163124762_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210508_163124762_HDR.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 23
  • IMG_20210508_162826013_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210508_162826013_HDR.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 23

Hole_12

May 6, 2021
Installation from PC:

Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks

Instalacion desde PC:
Alguien podria decirme que estoy haciendo mal?
Gracias

Attachments

• IMG_20210510_210459464.jpg
    IMG_20210510_210459464.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 14

davostoff

Jul 11, 2019
Instalacion desde PC:
Alguien podria decirme que estoy haciendo mal?
Gracias
It is telling you that it cannot find the file or directory. Are you on the right path?

Te está diciendo que no encuentra el fichero o el directorio. Estás en la ruta correcta?

Reactions: Hole_12

Hole_12

May 6, 2021
According to Manual:
Install adb (this well done, the device ZY322 appears .....
-Connect device to USB (movil to PC)
-Open the console and run:
adb push fermata-XXX-auto-universal-armXX ......
adb shell pm install-i ........
adb shell rm
Doubts:
- Where do I open the console to execute these commands??
-Where does it have to be downloaded? Fermata1.7.7
-What is the correct route?
Thanks

baybora72

Apr 12, 2019
When i watch a video in the youtube section (Tab), I always see the same resolution for the videos is 240p and ... Not changeable. Why?
(I installed Fermata via AAAD - Except this issue, fermata works nearly perfect. Thanks a lot)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Unfortunately, for both situations (checked or not) netflix gives only sound no picture 😔
    I'll update webkit in the next version. Perhaps, it will help.
    Hello Andrey, big thanks for your hard work! Fermata is excellent! One question: CarStream has an option to search using keyboard even while driving it also has voice search, but on Fermata it tells me that "Park to use keyboard" even if my car is turned off with handbrake on? Any chance on any changes on that or adding voice search? What can be the problem on my end? Thanks!
    Hello. Fermata uses the standard AA keyboard. It does not allow to use keyboard while driving. I don't know why it doesn't work in your case.
    Voice search is in the plans.
    Nope, did an adb install and it shows as a regular app but not in carplay.
    It worked a month or so ago but not now??
    Any help would be much appreciated.
    Either downgrade AA, or use root installation.
    In the new (beta) version I've implemented IPTV Addon with support for M3U and XMLTV.
    Чтобы удалить ТВ-источник - проведите пальцем влево. Кнопка «Удалить» будет добавлена.
    Круто! Работает!
    Fermata Media Player is a free, open source audio and video player with a simple and intuitive interface. It is focused on playing media files organized in folders and playlists.

Supported features:

Play media files organized in folders
    Play media files from SFTP, SMB(CIS) and Google drive
    Web-based Youtube player
    Remembers the last played track and position for each folder
    Support for favorites and playlists
    Support for CUE and M3U playlists
    Support for bookmarks
    Shuffle and repeat functions
    Audio effects: Equalizer, Bass Boost and Virtualizer
    Configure audio effects for individual tracks and folders
    Configure playback speed for individual tracks and folders
    Sort tracks by name or file name
    Customizable titles and subtitles
    Support for Android Auto
    Pluggable media engines: MediaPlayer, ExoPlayer and VLC
    Video player with support for subtitles (VLC Engine only)

There are two version of the player:

1. The first one has support for Android Auto as a media service. This version is available on Google Play - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=me.aap.fermata
    2. The second one provides the same functionality, but can be launched as an Android Auto application, i.e. with its own interface:

IMG-20191227-211919.jpg

IMG-20191227-211944.jpg

To install this version, you may either use the Android Auto Apps Downloader (recommended) or, for manual installation, follow the instructions below:

Installing from PC (adb utility is required):
    • Install adb - https://www.xda-developers.com/install-adb-windows-macos-linux/
    • Connect device to USB
    • Open console and run the following commands:
    • adb push fermata-XXX-auto-universal-armXX.apk /data/local/tmp/fermata.apk
    • adb shell pm install -i "com.android.vending" -r /data/local/tmp/fermata.apk
    • adb shell rm /data/local/tmp/fermata.apk
    Installing from Android (ROOT is required):
    • Install an appropriate universal apk (arm or arm64).
    • Download and install AIO Tweaker - https://github.com/shmykelsa/AA-Tweaker/tags .
    • Start the tweaker, open the apps list, select Fermata Auto in the list, return to the main screen and press the PATCH button. Reboot the device.
    Before connecting to Android Auto:
    • Install the fermata-auto-control apk. This application is only required if you need support for steering wheel media buttons.
    • Start the player, grant permissions and add folders.
    New in 1.7.0 Beta https://github.com/AndreyPavlenko/Fermata/releases/tag/v1.7.0b :
    Youtube web view.
    Basic web browser with support for bookmarks and full screen.
    Gestures support by video and control panel view:
    - Vertical scroll - volume up/down
    - Horizontal scroll:
    1 finger - emulates rw/ff button click (skip 5 seconds by default)
    2 fingers - long click on rw/ff button (skip 20 seconds)
    3 fingers - long click prev/next button (skip 5%)
    Swipe left/right - play prev/next track
    Swipe up/down - play prev/next folder
    Double click - play/pause
    Unfortunately, for both situations (checked or not) netflix gives only sound no picture 😔
    I'll update webkit in the next version. Perhaps, it will help.
    In the new beta version https://github.com/AndreyPavlenko/Fermata/releases/tag/1.6.0 I've implemented support for network folders. Currently only SFTP is supported. In further versions I'm planning to implement support for SMB/Cifs, Google drive and WebDav.
    I don't see options for network streaming. How can I find that, and which kinds of streaming are supported?

Streams are currently supported only in m3u files, for example, IPTV m3u playlists. Supported all streams that are supported by media engines: Android MediaPlayer, ExoPlayer and VLC. VLC has a reach support for various media streams.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone