• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Fermata Media Player - audio and video player for Android Auto

Search This thread

carter-13

Jul 30, 2008
I am under Android 11 / AA 6.3 no ROOT (Samsung S20 FE) with Fermata v1.8.0 install with ADB

I don't update AA to 6.5 otherwise it doesn't work anymore

brevy

Jun 22, 2021
Hello there. I added the m3u list to fermata auto. I can play the TV channels in the list but play for a while and switch to the next channel. It persists even though I turn it off in settings. I will be glad if you can help.

zabaknilesh

Dec 27, 2008
Mumbai
I have tried to downgrade AA 6.3 on unrooted S7 edge which is on android 8.

But same problem continues...AA does not allows to be connected unless its upgraded to latest AA. This is due to google services update and I think not android version.

Andrey Pavlenko

Apr 8, 2020
I have tried to downgrade AA 6.3 on unrooted S7 edge which is on android 8.

But same problem continues...AA does not allows to be connected unless its upgraded to latest AA. This is due to google services update and I think not android version.
Have you tried the latest AA version? I think it should work with Android 8. Adb installation works for me for the latest AA version and Android 10.

Mario210

Apr 22, 2010
Biłgoraj
Well . I can say one thing . I got it to work with version 6.3. Than i connected to AA all was ok. After few days i updated to latest AA and apps still there CarTube Mirror . Just wandering about Fermata

bajorjoevel

Jul 24, 2021
Is it still free? I want to change the default video player for Android. In my opinion, it is one of the worst players that was ever invented. It is glitching, and it is loading the video files for so long, even though I have the latest Samsung Galaxy S series. I have heard about OmniPlayer. A lot of people say that it is a pretty good player. Also, people say that VLC player is a good alternative, and I want to download them all to see the difference to make the right choice. If someone can recommend other good video players, I will be very pleased.

Last edited:

mars08

Jun 14, 2021
A quick question... just to confirm...

I have installed the latest version of the app. My phone is a Redmi Note 9 running MIUI 12.0.8 (Android 10) and AA 6.5.612134. The app works fine.

The bootloader is locked and the there's no root access.

I just want to confirm that I WILL NOT be able to watch any movies I have on the phone using AA and Fermata. That is only possible if the phone is rooted, right?

Andrey Pavlenko

Apr 8, 2020
A quick question... just to confirm...

I have installed the latest version of the app. My phone is a Redmi Note 9 running MIUI 12.0.8 (Android 10) and AA 6.5.612134. The app works fine.

The bootloader is locked and the there's no root access.

I just want to confirm that I WILL NOT be able to watch any movies I have on the phone using AA and Fermata. That is only possible if the phone is rooted, right?
If you say that "The app works fine" with AA, then you can watch video.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Fermata Media Player is a free, open source audio and video player with a simple and intuitive interface. It is focused on playing media files organized in folders and playlists.

Supported features:

Play media files organized in folders
    Play media files from SFTP, SMB(CIS) and Google drive
    Web-based Youtube player
    Remembers the last played track and position for each folder
    Support for favorites and playlists
    Support for CUE and M3U playlists
    Support for bookmarks
    Shuffle and repeat functions
    Audio effects: Equalizer, Bass Boost and Virtualizer
    Configure audio effects for individual tracks and folders
    Configure playback speed for individual tracks and folders
    Sort tracks by name or file name
    Customizable titles and subtitles
    Support for Android Auto
    Pluggable media engines: MediaPlayer, ExoPlayer and VLC
    Video player with support for subtitles (VLC Engine only)

There are two version of the player:

1. The first one has support for Android Auto as a media service. This version is available on Google Play - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=me.aap.fermata
    2. The second one provides the same functionality, but can be launched as an Android Auto application, i.e. with its own interface:

IMG-20191227-211919.jpg

IMG-20191227-211944.jpg

To install this version, you may either use the Android Auto Apps Downloader (recommended) or, for manual installation, follow the instructions below:

Installing from PC (adb utility is required):
    • Install adb - https://www.xda-developers.com/install-adb-windows-macos-linux/
    • Connect device to USB
    • Open console and run the following commands:
    • adb push fermata-XXX-auto-universal-armXX.apk /data/local/tmp/fermata.apk
    • adb shell pm install -i "com.android.vending" -r /data/local/tmp/fermata.apk
    • adb shell rm /data/local/tmp/fermata.apk
    Installing from Android (ROOT is required):
    • Install an appropriate universal apk (arm or arm64).
    • Download and install AIO Tweaker - https://github.com/shmykelsa/AA-Tweaker/tags .
    • Start the tweaker, open the apps list, select Fermata Auto in the list, return to the main screen and press the PATCH button. Reboot the device.
    Before connecting to Android Auto:
    • Install the fermata-auto-control apk. This application is only required if you need support for steering wheel media buttons.
    • Start the player, grant permissions and add folders.
    New in 1.7.0 Beta https://github.com/AndreyPavlenko/Fermata/releases/tag/v1.7.0b :
    Youtube web view.
    Basic web browser with support for bookmarks and full screen.
    Gestures support by video and control panel view:
    - Vertical scroll - volume up/down
    - Horizontal scroll:
    1 finger - emulates rw/ff button click (skip 5 seconds by default)
    2 fingers - long click on rw/ff button (skip 20 seconds)
    3 fingers - long click prev/next button (skip 5%)
    Swipe left/right - play prev/next track
    Swipe up/down - play prev/next folder
    Double click - play/pause
    Unfortunately, for both situations (checked or not) netflix gives only sound no picture 😔
    I'll update webkit in the next version. Perhaps, it will help.
    Please update the app to work on AA6.5
    In the new beta version https://github.com/AndreyPavlenko/Fermata/releases/tag/1.6.0 I've implemented support for network folders. Currently only SFTP is supported. In further versions I'm planning to implement support for SMB/Cifs, Google drive and WebDav.