• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Fermata Media Player - audio and video player for Android Auto

Search This thread

misiekm73

Feb 8, 2009
Hi I have a problem with TV channels (m3u). When I want to see TV channel on the car screen it is working, but after few seconds it is skipping to teh next channel and then after anotehr few seconds it skipps to the next channel. Any solution for that? There is the same problem when tried to watch channels directly on my phone

Andrey Pavlenko

Apr 8, 2020
Hi I have a problem with TV channels (m3u). When I want to see TV channel on the car screen it is working, but after few seconds it is skipping to teh next channel and then after anotehr few seconds it skipps to the next channel. Any solution for that? There is the same problem when tried to watch channels directly on my phone
Could you send me the playlist?

Andrey Pavlenko

Apr 8, 2020
It works scrolling one to one. When you have long list the problem is to return at begin. shoud use left, right, down or up of Rotary for move as Android auto do (Spotify for example). Of course YouTube not works
I can add page up/down buttons on top (in the tool bar). Is it possible to move frocus from the list to the tool bar buttons without scrolling to the first item in the list?

felipy2k

Mar 30, 2018
does anyone have problem trying login in YouTube ? ask for my email
.. and keeps me asking even after a typed it !

fatihtuzun

May 7, 2021
Hello everyone. Does anyone has any idea how to enable netflix or prime video watching capabilities on the built in browser of this program?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Temporary solution with changed package name.
    Fermata stop working on 7.0 too were I use few day ago. I think Google blacklisted it, maybe try to rename package name can be a workaround
    Seems like that :( Package renaming works, but I don't think it's a good solution. Google has many ways to block any app.
    Arm version in zip format.
    I certify that the latest android auto version (7.1.614524) and fermata 1.8.8 version work without any problems. Download and install the new fermata with AAAD, when I tried to install it on 1.8.7, it gave an unpacking error. I deleted 1.8.7 and reinstalled 1.8.8 with AAAD. Worked perfectly.
    By the way, i have a simple question. It always start, plays where we left off while playing the video. I couldn't find setting it to always start over. How do i set it? Thank you Andrew. Dont give up the fight 🔥
    Set the "Watched video threshold" to zero. You may configure this property either globally, in settings, or per folder (long click on a folder).
    Fermata Media Player is a free, open source audio, video and TV player with a simple and intuitive interface. It is focused on playing media files organized in folders and playlists.

Supported features:

⚫ Play media files organized in folders
    ⚫ IPTV addon with support for EPG and archives
    ⚫ Youtube and web browser addons
    ⚫ Support for network folders: SFTP, SMB (CIFS), Google drive
    ⚫ Remembers the last played track and position for each folder
    ⚫ Support for favorites and playlists
    ⚫ Support for CUE and M3U playlists
    ⚫ Support for M3U playlist URLs
    ⚫ Support for bookmarks
    ⚫ Shuffle and repeat functions
    ⚫ Playback timer
    ⚫ Audio effects: Equalizer, Bass Boost and Virtualizer
    ⚫ Configure audio effects for individual tracks and folders
    ⚫ Configure playback speed for individual tracks and folders
    ⚫ Sort tracks by name, file name, date or randomly
    ⚫ Customizable titles and subtitles
    ⚫ Support for Android Auto
    ⚫ Pluggable media engines: MediaPlayer, ExoPlayer and VLC
    ⚫ Video player with support for subtitles (VLC Engine only)

There are two version of the player:

1. The first one has support for Android Auto as a media service. This version is available on Google Play - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=me.aap.fermata
    2. The second one provides the same functionality, but can be launched as an Android Auto application, i.e. with its own interface:

IMG-20191227-211919.jpg

IMG-20191227-211944.jpg

To install this version, you may either use the Android Auto Apps Downloader (recommended) or, for manual installation, follow the instructions below. Before the installation, make sure that the "Unknown sources" option is enabled in the Android Auto settings. To enable this option, open AA settings on your phone and go to the "Developer Settings" section.

Manual installation
    Installing with KingInstaller (attached):
    • Download and install the attached apk.
    • Open KingInstaller.
    • Select Fermata-auto.apk, downloaded from Github.
    • Press the install button.
    Installing from PC (adb utility is required, does not work for Android 11+):
    • Install adb - https://www.xda-developers.com/install-adb-windows-macos-linux/
    • Connect device to USB
    • Open console and run the following commands:
    • adb push fermata-XXX-auto-universal-armXX.apk /data/local/tmp/fermata.apk
    • adb shell pm install -i "com.android.vending" -r /data/local/tmp/fermata.apk
    • adb shell rm /data/local/tmp/fermata.apk
    Installing from Android (ROOT is required):
    • Install the downloaded apk.
    • Download and install AIO Tweaker - https://github.com/shmykelsa/AA-Tweaker/tags .
    • Start the tweaker, open the apps list, select Fermata Auto in the list, return to the main screen and press the PATCH button. Reboot the device.
    Before connecting to Android Auto:
    • Install the fermata-auto-control apk. This application is only required if you need support for steering wheel media buttons.
    • Start the player, grant permissions and add folders.
    Temporary solution with changed package name.
    New in 1.7.0 Beta https://github.com/AndreyPavlenko/Fermata/releases/tag/v1.7.0b :
    Youtube web view.
    Basic web browser with support for bookmarks and full screen.
    Gestures support by video and control panel view:
    - Vertical scroll - volume up/down
    - Horizontal scroll:
    1 finger - emulates rw/ff button click (skip 5 seconds by default)
    2 fingers - long click on rw/ff button (skip 20 seconds)
    3 fingers - long click prev/next button (skip 5%)
    Swipe left/right - play prev/next track
    Swipe up/down - play prev/next folder
    Double click - play/pause
    Fermata stop working on 7.0 too were I use few day ago. I think Google blacklisted it, maybe try to rename package name can be a workaround
    Seems like that :( Package renaming works, but I don't think it's a good solution. Google has many ways to block any app.
    Unfortunately, for both situations (checked or not) netflix gives only sound no picture 😔
    I'll update webkit in the next version. Perhaps, it will help.