• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Fermata Media Player - audio and video player for Android Auto

Search This thread

vicyuste1

Oct 11, 2021
First of all thanks a lot for your work, I've been using the app for a few months with no issues on my pixel 2 and everything worked great. However, I recently changed my phone to an Oppo Find x3 Neo and I can't get the app to show in android auto.

I've tried installing through AAAD, with the king installer you linked here and with ADB. Nothing works, fermata app never shows app on android auto despite being installed. I have android 11, no root (as I had on my pixel I think).

Any ideas what to do?

Thanks!

Andrey Pavlenko

Apr 8, 2020
First of all thanks a lot for your work, I've been using the app for a few months with no issues on my pixel 2 and everything worked great. However, I recently changed my phone to an Oppo Find x3 Neo and I can't get the app to show in android auto.

I've tried installing through AAAD, with the king installer you linked here and with ADB. Nothing works, fermata app never shows app on android auto despite being installed. I have android 11, no root (as I had on my pixel I think).

Any ideas what to do?

Thanks!
Have you enabled unknown sources in AA?

gregor1230

Nov 4, 2010
I have the same issue with Xiaomi mix4... All permisions unknown apps on AA and I cant see IT in AA. On oneplus 8t I dont have problem. I tried everything only Control is visible...

gregor1230

Nov 4, 2010
I don't even see the control one lol. Might be something that doesn't work properly with Chinese roms?
I swapped China rom in mi mix4 for Xiaomi eu the newest one stable version. Still no succes. Other apps are working like carplay. App is visible in Android auto on list of installed apk on phone however in car IT cant be displayed.

vicyuste1

Oct 11, 2021
I swapped China rom in mi mix4 for Xiaomi eu the newest one stable version. Still no succes. Other apps are working like carplay. App is visible in Android auto on list of installed apk on phone however in car IT cant be displayed.
Then idk. Hopefully the developer can figure out what's going on in your case. He's pretty active here

gregor1230

Nov 4, 2010
Today i rooted mix4 and installed aa aio tweaker. Added patch for fermata. Still no succes :(.
Got IT! Just installed new

Android Auto 7.0.614104-release (arm64-v8a) (Android 6.0+) and fermata 1.77 from aa store. Maybe 1.83 will work also however I bought apk store and after updating firmware of phone I lost payed apk :( aaad.​

Last edited:

Andrey Pavlenko

Apr 8, 2020
Today i rooted mix4 and installed aa aio tweaker. Added patch for fermata. Still no succes :(.
Got IT! Just installed new

Android Auto 7.0.614104-release (arm64-v8a) (Android 6.0+) and fermata 1.77 from aa store. Maybe 1.83 will work also however I bought apk store and after updating firmware of phone I lost payed apk :( aaad.​

You can get the latest version here - https://github.com/AndreyPavlenko/Fermata/releases . Just download and install the apk, using KingInstaller.

vicyuste1

Oct 11, 2021
If you don't see the Control app, then, most probably, unknown sources are not allowed on your device, because Control is a standard AA media app.
I didn't reinstall Control after activating unkown sources, sice it says it's only needed to control the wheel or something like that. I only installed the media app in later tries

gregor1230

Nov 4, 2010
One thing 1.77 is rock solid stable. 1.83 switching from YouTube to TV list and trying to Play Canal Plus for example nothing happeens unles reseting AA - plug unplug phone. I dont install Control farmata IT is corrupting all interface.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Temporary solution with changed package name.
    Fermata stop working on 7.0 too were I use few day ago. I think Google blacklisted it, maybe try to rename package name can be a workaround
    Seems like that :( Package renaming works, but I don't think it's a good solution. Google has many ways to block any app.
    Arm version in zip format.
    I certify that the latest android auto version (7.1.614524) and fermata 1.8.8 version work without any problems. Download and install the new fermata with AAAD, when I tried to install it on 1.8.7, it gave an unpacking error. I deleted 1.8.7 and reinstalled 1.8.8 with AAAD. Worked perfectly.
    By the way, i have a simple question. It always start, plays where we left off while playing the video. I couldn't find setting it to always start over. How do i set it? Thank you Andrew. Dont give up the fight 🔥
    Set the "Watched video threshold" to zero. You may configure this property either globally, in settings, or per folder (long click on a folder).
    I've uploaded 2 versions:
    1.8.7 - this version has the original package name and option to export/import preferences.
    1.8.8 - this version has a new package name.

If you want to transfer preferences (settings, folders, playlists etc.) from an old version:
    • Install 1.8.7
    • Go to Menu > Settings > Other and click on "Export preferences"
    • Select the destination folder. The preferences will be saved in the selected folder.
    • Install 1.8.8
    • Go to Menu > Settings > Other and click on "Import preferences"
    • Select the previously exported file
    • Click Ok to restart the app
    The new version has italian translation (including the voice commands) and new black themes. Thanks to Vladi69 for the contribution.
    Fermata Media Player is a free, open source audio, video and TV player with a simple and intuitive interface. It is focused on playing media files organized in folders and playlists.

Supported features:

⚫ Play media files organized in folders
    ⚫ IPTV addon with support for EPG and archives
    ⚫ Youtube and web browser addons
    ⚫ Support for network folders: SFTP, SMB (CIFS), Google drive
    ⚫ Remembers the last played track and position for each folder
    ⚫ Support for favorites and playlists
    ⚫ Support for CUE and M3U playlists
    ⚫ Support for M3U playlist URLs
    ⚫ Support for bookmarks
    ⚫ Shuffle and repeat functions
    ⚫ Playback timer
    ⚫ Audio effects: Equalizer, Bass Boost and Virtualizer
    ⚫ Configure audio effects for individual tracks and folders
    ⚫ Configure playback speed for individual tracks and folders
    ⚫ Sort tracks by name, file name, date or randomly
    ⚫ Customizable titles and subtitles
    ⚫ Support for Android Auto
    ⚫ Pluggable media engines: MediaPlayer, ExoPlayer and VLC
    ⚫ Video player with support for subtitles (VLC Engine only)

There are two version of the player:

1. The first one has support for Android Auto as a media service. This version is available on Google Play - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=me.aap.fermata
    2. The second one provides the same functionality, but can be launched as an Android Auto application, i.e. with its own interface:

IMG-20191227-211919.jpg

IMG-20191227-211944.jpg

To install this version, you may either use the Android Auto Apps Downloader (recommended) or, for manual installation, follow the instructions below. Before the installation, make sure that the "Unknown sources" option is enabled in the Android Auto settings. To enable this option, open AA settings on your phone and go to the "Developer Settings" section.

Manual installation
    Installing with KingInstaller (attached):
    • Download and install the attached apk.
    • Open KingInstaller.
    • Select Fermata-auto.apk, downloaded from Github.
    • Press the install button.
    Installing from PC (adb utility is required, does not work for Android 11+):
    • Install adb - https://www.xda-developers.com/install-adb-windows-macos-linux/
    • Connect device to USB
    • Open console and run the following commands:
    • adb push fermata-XXX-auto-universal-armXX.apk /data/local/tmp/fermata.apk
    • adb shell pm install -i "com.android.vending" -r /data/local/tmp/fermata.apk
    • adb shell rm /data/local/tmp/fermata.apk
    Installing from Android (ROOT is required):
    • Install the downloaded apk.
    • Download and install AIO Tweaker - https://github.com/shmykelsa/AA-Tweaker/tags .
    • Start the tweaker, open the apps list, select Fermata Auto in the list, return to the main screen and press the PATCH button. Reboot the device.
    Before connecting to Android Auto:
    • Install the fermata-auto-control apk. This application is only required if you need support for steering wheel media buttons.
    • Start the player, grant permissions and add folders.
    Temporary solution with changed package name.
    New in 1.7.0 Beta https://github.com/AndreyPavlenko/Fermata/releases/tag/v1.7.0b :
    Youtube web view.
    Basic web browser with support for bookmarks and full screen.
    Gestures support by video and control panel view:
    - Vertical scroll - volume up/down
    - Horizontal scroll:
    1 finger - emulates rw/ff button click (skip 5 seconds by default)
    2 fingers - long click on rw/ff button (skip 20 seconds)
    3 fingers - long click prev/next button (skip 5%)
    Swipe left/right - play prev/next track
    Swipe up/down - play prev/next folder
    Double click - play/pause
    Fermata stop working on 7.0 too were I use few day ago. I think Google blacklisted it, maybe try to rename package name can be a workaround
    Seems like that :( Package renaming works, but I don't think it's a good solution. Google has many ways to block any app.
    Unfortunately, for both situations (checked or not) netflix gives only sound no picture 😔
    I'll update webkit in the next version. Perhaps, it will help.