• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Fermata Media Player - audio and video player for Android Auto

Search This thread

bolix1708

Nov 24, 2021
i still having this problem on 1.8.8. i know AAAd works but i miss the opportunity and need to wait free quota next month. is there any work around solution. my phone rooted
install with king instaler and install new version. Working just fine, also f control working, thanks to Andrej

jovianjm

May 9, 2019
Jakarta
Hi Andrey, I have tested 1.8.8 and it is working fine, thanks.
However I just realized I could not choose any captions or even turn it on while watching youtube videos in my car
When I clicked the caption setting in youtube videos, it did not give a dropdown list like in PC browser.
I could do it through the phone interface though. Is it a known issue?

Last edited:

Andrey Pavlenko

Apr 8, 2020
Hi Andrey, I have tested 1.8.8 and it is working fine, thanks.
However I just realized I could not choose any captions or even turn it on while watching youtube videos. in my car
When I clicked the caption setting in youtube videos, it did not give a dropdown list like in PC browser.
I could do it through the phone interface though. Is it a known issue?
Yes, it's a know issue. Youtube popup menu does not work in AA.

Vifferen

Nov 15, 2021
I noticed, that Google wouldn't let me log in due to security issues in the "Fermata browser".
What a pity...
Can someone confirm and/or explain that?

Last edited:

mars08

Jun 14, 2021
I understand that this thread is mostly about software issues and problems... so this might be the wrong place to ask...

How many people have been able to successfully use Femata v1.8.8 with AA v7.0.xxxx for a LONG period of time? Are they compatible?

I ask because I'm still using AA v6.9.613724 and am hesitating on upgrading to a newer version. Is there any SOLID confirmation that Google has blacklisted Fermata in the newer versions of AA?

rapdes

Dec 4, 2008
OnePlus 7 Pro
I tried logging into Netflix on the browser, but when I type information on the keyboard when using android auto it doesn't enter into the fields, any ideas why this is happening?
Also I noticed that if I open fermata on my phone where I can log into Netflix, it gives me an error every time I try to play anything.

Andrey Pavlenko

Apr 8, 2020

fatihtuzun

May 7, 2021
Along with fermata, all the 3rd part applications disappeared from androidauto today. I guess Google blocked them all

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi, I´ve been trying lots of things and was surprised when I connected to the car today and Fermata was available.
    Not sure it will stay this way, but overall what I did was:

• Ran a script, mentioned on this thread, that created a trigger to remove some lines from phenotype.db (AppValidation__blocked_apps_list, something like it). I executed it and still it wasn´t working.
    • Messing around with the DB, on the Flags table there are some entries named AppValidation__allowed_package_list. It had two entries for Samsung messaging apps - I added the package name for Fermata, right before the :.
    • Fermata was installed manually directly from GitHub and enabled with AA Tweaker. AA is the latest version.
    Not sure exactly which one of the steps made it work!
    1. Install Fermata Auto with King Installer.
    2. Open Fermata Auto and back up (Export preferences to file).
    3. Install Lucky Patcher. Tell Google Play Protect to keep app when pop up appears.
    4. In Lucky Patcher find Fermata Auto in the list of installed apps and select it.
    5. Select Tools.
    6. Select Clone Application.
    7. Select Rebuild the App.
    8. Once app is rebuilt/cloned uninstall original Fermata Auto (from step 1)
    9. Install cloned Fermata Auto with King Installer.
    10. Open cloned Fermata Auto and Import preferences from backup file (from step 2).
    11. The cloned Fermata Auto app will be in the list of Android Auto apps and should not be auto removed by Google.
    I ve try.

Android 11 does not works
    Can someone provide a link to {Mod edit}?
    The REAL ONE without the need of installing all kinds of crap apps...
    Thanks in advance :)
    @Vifferen

I've edited your above post for the reasons provide in rule no. 6 of the XDA Forum Rules!
    6. Do not post or request warez.

If a piece of software requires you to pay to use it, then pay for it. We do not accept warez nor do we permit members to request, post, promote or describe ways in which warez, cracks, serial codes or other means of avoiding payment, can be obtained or used. This is a site of developers, i.e. the sort of people who create such software. When you cheat a software developer, you cheat us as a community.
    On this platform the application you requested is considered warez. Please refrain from such request in future. Thanks for your cooperation.

Regards
    Oswald Boelcke
    Senior Moderator
    For me work ok on s21 ultra android 12 (not rooted) and android auto 6.9.613744 (with no auto update active in play store).
    Fermata is 1.8.10 cloned with LP and instaled with Kinginstaller 1.2.

Just clone this app or it needs to change something? I'm new with this method, I have S21+ with Android 12 (not root), Android Auto 7.1.614574, install with KingInstaller 1.2 and Fermata 1.8.10 just force close on car screen.
    Video does not start over again when switching from one video to another so it continues where it left off.
    Long press on a folder with video files > Playback settings > Watched threshold > set to 0.
    Fermata Media Player is a free, open source audio, video and TV player with a simple and intuitive interface. It is focused on playing media files organized in folders and playlists.

Supported features:

⚫ Play media files organized in folders
    ⚫ IPTV addon with support for EPG and archives
    ⚫ Youtube and web browser addons
    ⚫ Support for network folders: SFTP, SMB (CIFS), Google drive
    ⚫ Remembers the last played track and position for each folder
    ⚫ Support for favorites and playlists
    ⚫ Support for CUE and M3U playlists
    ⚫ Support for M3U playlist URLs
    ⚫ Support for bookmarks
    ⚫ Shuffle and repeat functions
    ⚫ Playback timer
    ⚫ Audio effects: Equalizer, Bass Boost and Virtualizer
    ⚫ Configure audio effects for individual tracks and folders
    ⚫ Configure playback speed for individual tracks and folders
    ⚫ Sort tracks by name, file name, date or randomly
    ⚫ Customizable titles and subtitles
    ⚫ Support for Android Auto
    ⚫ Pluggable media engines: MediaPlayer, ExoPlayer and VLC
    ⚫ Video player with support for subtitles (VLC Engine only)

There are two version of the player:

1. The first one has support for Android Auto as a media service. This version is available on Google Play - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=me.aap.fermata
    2. The second one provides the same functionality, but can be launched as an Android Auto application, i.e. with its own interface:

IMG-20191227-211919.jpg

IMG-20191227-211944.jpg

To install this version, you may either use the Android Auto Apps Downloader (recommended) or, for manual installation, follow the instructions below. Before the installation, make sure that the "Unknown sources" option is enabled in the Android Auto settings. To enable this option, open AA settings on your phone and go to the "Developer Settings" section.

Manual installation
    Installing with KingInstaller (attached):
    • Download and install the attached apk.
    • Open KingInstaller.
    • Select Fermata-auto.apk, downloaded from Github.
    • Press the install button.
    Installing from PC (adb utility is required, does not work for Android 11+):
    • Install adb - https://www.xda-developers.com/install-adb-windows-macos-linux/
    • Connect device to USB
    • Open console and run the following commands:
    • adb push fermata-XXX-auto-universal-armXX.apk /data/local/tmp/fermata.apk
    • adb shell pm install -i "com.android.vending" -r /data/local/tmp/fermata.apk
    • adb shell rm /data/local/tmp/fermata.apk
    Installing from Android (ROOT is required):
    • Install the downloaded apk.
    • Download and install AIO Tweaker - https://github.com/shmykelsa/AA-Tweaker/tags .
    • Start the tweaker, open the apps list, select Fermata Auto in the list, return to the main screen and press the PATCH button. Reboot the device.
    Before connecting to Android Auto:
    • Install the fermata-auto-control apk. This application is only required if you need support for steering wheel media buttons.
    • Start the player, grant permissions and add folders.
    Temporary solution with changed package name.
    New in 1.7.0 Beta https://github.com/AndreyPavlenko/Fermata/releases/tag/v1.7.0b :
    Youtube web view.
    Basic web browser with support for bookmarks and full screen.
    Gestures support by video and control panel view:
    - Vertical scroll - volume up/down
    - Horizontal scroll:
    1 finger - emulates rw/ff button click (skip 5 seconds by default)
    2 fingers - long click on rw/ff button (skip 20 seconds)
    3 fingers - long click prev/next button (skip 5%)
    Swipe left/right - play prev/next track
    Swipe up/down - play prev/next folder
    Double click - play/pause
    Fermata stop working on 7.0 too were I use few day ago. I think Google blacklisted it, maybe try to rename package name can be a workaround
    Seems like that :( Package renaming works, but I don't think it's a good solution. Google has many ways to block any app.
    Unfortunately, for both situations (checked or not) netflix gives only sound no picture 😔
    I'll update webkit in the next version. Perhaps, it will help.