Fermata Media Player - audio and video player for Android Auto

Search This thread

kamil14101990

Nov 13, 2021
Please, I need help, I don't have a directory like this
data/data/com.google.android.projection.gearhead/files /

Screenshot_20220519-060530_X-plore.png

I can't handle it :(, I just care about fermata auto. I've been struggling with it for several days, I tried everything (aa tweaker, kinginstaller, aaad, aaeasy) . Several times I managed to show up in aa, fermata other applications, but it always disappears, now it doesn't even help to clear the memory aa .

Last edited:

zgfg

Oct 10, 2016
Please, I need help, I don't have a directory like this
data/data/com.google.android.projection.gearhead/files /View attachment 5617799
Don't know what file browser you use but on /data/data you should usually have a folder for every app installed - I couldn't believe you have only Google Play Services (GMS) and that browser (?)

See my screenshot (taken by MiXPlorer), I have 410 folders in /data/data

Use Terminal app to list the content:
Code:
su
ls /data/data

Also, check /data/user/0 - that should be equivalent to /data/data

And you can use an app like Package Manager or similar to find everything about some installed app - like about Android Auto and which Data folder it uses - a screenshot

Attachments

• IMG_20220519_063442.jpg
    IMG_20220519_063442.jpg
    186.9 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_20220519_064641.jpg
    IMG_20220519_064641.jpg
    260.1 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_20220519_064526.jpg
    IMG_20220519_064526.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Reactions: HofaTheRipper

zgfg

Oct 10, 2016
So see my post above (recently edited and extended), check the content from Terminal, use the other file explorer, etc - read through and do as suggested

And usually you need root and root grant to read /data

Starting from A9, A10 and/or A11 there were some changes (it has been long ago, I don't remember details and btw I always update), I know that I had to update my MiXPlorer to read /data/data.
Maybe your browser or its version does not cope with

Reactions: kamil14101990

kamil14101990

Nov 13, 2021
I changed to mixplorer and have this file, thanks!

Only now what's next, so that the fermata auto appeared in aa. Clearing the memory and data aa did not help

Last edited:

zgfg

Oct 10, 2016
I changed to mixplorer and have this file, thanks!

Only now what's next, so that the fermata auto appeared in aa. Clearing the memory and data aa did not help
I really don't know situation on your phone. Eg, do you know that you really have Android Auto installed?!

What about googling and using some Package mngr app as I posted the screenshot to find every detail for your installed apps

And what about using Terminal as I also wrote above, you can refine the command to list only that folder:
su
ls /data/data | grep gear

kamil14101990

Nov 13, 2021
Eureka!
Fermata auto and screen2auto work on android 12 and nwe version android auto 7.5.621364.
After 4 days of torment and reading a million topics and rehearsals with various programs and methods, there is a light in the tunnel!
Android auto shows icons and they don't disappear anymore in aa.

Version android auto: 7.6.621734

My phone:
Xiaomi redmi note 5 plus
Android 12 ArrowOs
Gapps: BitGapps + addon nikigapps android auto
Root

To sum up, it probably works .. So far, not much time has passed, but before that aa applications are gone.

Summarizing what I did:

-I uninstalled all applications aaad, fermata screen2auto, aa aio tweaker ( If aa aio you had patches and patch before then release them) etc. Restart the phone.

- then reinstalling aa aio tweaker and termux application,

- then android auto data and memory wipe.

-Aeasy application installation by fermata and screen2auto

-then flash fermata auto and screen2auto in aa aio tweaker app, I had to do this because otherwise after just cleaning aa and installing the app it didn't show them in aa anyway

- next step, connecting AA to the car, setting up all applications (time was important to me, because they could quickly disappear)

- then we open the termux applications
Write comand:

su

We confirm the award root

And then the commands write/copy:

chmod -R 551 /data/data/com.google.android.projection.gearhead/shared_prefs

touch /data/data/com.google.android.projection.gearhead/files/phenotype/shared/com.google.android.libraries.consentverifier#com.google.android.projection.gearhead.pb

chmod -R 400 /data/data/com.google.android.projection.gearhead/files/phenotype/shared/*

chmod 600 /data/data/com.google.android.projection.gearhead/files/phenotype/shared

And it looks like it works, I am very curious how long and whether it will continue to work after the AA update, and if not, whether repeating this procedure will still work after the update.

Zrzut ekranu_20220519-143724_Termux.png

Last edited:

SOFO888

Jan 28, 2013
I guess this is due to DRM protection.
Same topic with Netflix.

There is no solution and probably will never be.

massimobrandi

Jan 9, 2019
Hi all

Stange thing on my installation of Fermata Auto.

If i use android sdk emulator of AA (desktop_head_unit) i can see and use Fermata Auto, but on AA in my car Fermata Auto seems not present.

Someone can help me?

Thanks

markinhosmrk

Apr 25, 2012
Hi guys!
Just an update, I've been using the procedure below for about two months and still working fine.
I've just updated from 7.5 to latest 7.8 beta and those permissions were kept, didn't have to make any change, and I still see Fermata listed.

Thanks,
Marcos

Hi guys!

Doing more tests... it seemed that only working with shared_prefs eventually did not work. I made further changes and so far (~ 3 days and multiple force closes/reboots) everything still working fine.

1. I noticed some files being created under phenotype/shared dir. This one specifically, com.google.android.libraries.consentverifier#com.google.android.projection.gearhead.pb, is not present right after clear data but gets downloaded later on.

I emptied it with "echo "" > com.google.android.libraries.consentverifier#com.google.android.projection.gearhead.pb" - if it does not exist you can use touch to create an empty file - and also changed ownership of the entire shared/ dir to root and set permissions to 400 (only root user can read them). So far everything working.

I also saw that on the shared_prefs when I made them read only AA created new files. Maybe we can let them with default permissions and settings can be changed - I left them since I set it up the way I like it and don't think will need to change anything later.
My AA release is 7.5.121304, a beta from APKmirror.

Commands to test, right after clear data:

chown -R root:root /data/data/com.google.android.projection.gearhead/files/phenotype/shared touch /data/data/com.google.android.projection.gearhead/files/phenotype/shared/com.google.android.libraries.consentverifier#com.google.android.projection.gearhead.pb chmod -R 400 /data/data/com.google.android.projection.gearhead/files/phenotype/shared/* chmod 600 /data/data/com.google.android.projection.gearhead/files/phenotype/shared

Let me know how it goes for you, I think I might be on the right track here!

Thanks,
Marcos

Reactions: kamil14101990

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys!
    Just an update, I've been using the procedure below for about two months and still working fine.
    I've just updated from 7.5 to latest 7.8 beta and those permissions were kept, didn't have to make any change, and I still see Fermata listed.

Thanks,
    Marcos

Hi guys!

Doing more tests... it seemed that only working with shared_prefs eventually did not work. I made further changes and so far (~ 3 days and multiple force closes/reboots) everything still working fine.

1. I noticed some files being created under phenotype/shared dir. This one specifically, com.google.android.libraries.consentverifier#com.google.android.projection.gearhead.pb, is not present right after clear data but gets downloaded later on.

I emptied it with "echo "" > com.google.android.libraries.consentverifier#com.google.android.projection.gearhead.pb" - if it does not exist you can use touch to create an empty file - and also changed ownership of the entire shared/ dir to root and set permissions to 400 (only root user can read them). So far everything working.

I also saw that on the shared_prefs when I made them read only AA created new files. Maybe we can let them with default permissions and settings can be changed - I left them since I set it up the way I like it and don't think will need to change anything later.
    My AA release is 7.5.121304, a beta from APKmirror.

Commands to test, right after clear data:

chown -R root:root /data/data/com.google.android.projection.gearhead/files/phenotype/shared touch /data/data/com.google.android.projection.gearhead/files/phenotype/shared/com.google.android.libraries.consentverifier#com.google.android.projection.gearhead.pb chmod -R 400 /data/data/com.google.android.projection.gearhead/files/phenotype/shared/* chmod 600 /data/data/com.google.android.projection.gearhead/files/phenotype/shared

Let me know how it goes for you, I think I might be on the right track here!

Thanks,
    Marcos
    Fermata Media Player is a free, open source audio, video and TV player with a simple and intuitive interface. It is focused on playing media files organized in folders and playlists.

Supported features:

⚫ Play media files organized in folders
    ⚫ IPTV addon with support for EPG and archives
    ⚫ Youtube and web browser addons
    ⚫ Support for network folders: SFTP, SMB (CIFS), Google drive
    ⚫ Remembers the last played track and position for each folder
    ⚫ Support for favorites and playlists
    ⚫ Support for CUE and M3U playlists
    ⚫ Support for M3U playlist URLs
    ⚫ Support for bookmarks
    ⚫ Shuffle and repeat functions
    ⚫ Playback timer
    ⚫ Audio effects: Equalizer, Bass Boost and Virtualizer
    ⚫ Configure audio effects for individual tracks and folders
    ⚫ Configure playback speed for individual tracks and folders
    ⚫ Sort tracks by name, file name, date or randomly
    ⚫ Customizable titles and subtitles
    ⚫ Support for Android Auto
    ⚫ Pluggable media engines: MediaPlayer, ExoPlayer and VLC
    ⚫ Video player with support for subtitles (VLC Engine only)

There are two version of the player:

1. The first one has support for Android Auto as a media service. This version is available on Google Play - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=me.aap.fermata
    2. The second one provides the same functionality, but can be launched as an Android Auto application, i.e. with its own interface:

IMG-20191227-211919.jpg

IMG-20191227-211944.jpg

To install this version, you may either use the Android Auto Apps Downloader (recommended) or, for manual installation, follow the instructions below. Before the installation, make sure that the "Unknown sources" option is enabled in the Android Auto settings. To enable this option, open AA settings on your phone and go to the "Developer Settings" section.

Manual installation
    Installing with KingInstaller (attached):
    • Download and install the attached apk.
    • Open KingInstaller.
    • Select Fermata-auto.apk, downloaded from Github.
    • Press the install button.
    Installing from PC (adb utility is required, does not work for Android 11+):
    • Install adb - https://www.xda-developers.com/install-adb-windows-macos-linux/
    • Connect device to USB
    • Open console and run the following commands:
    • adb push fermata-XXX-auto-universal-armXX.apk /data/local/tmp/fermata.apk
    • adb shell pm install -i "com.android.vending" -r /data/local/tmp/fermata.apk
    • adb shell rm /data/local/tmp/fermata.apk
    Installing from Android (ROOT is required):
    • Install the downloaded apk.
    • Download and install AIO Tweaker - https://github.com/shmykelsa/AA-Tweaker/tags .
    • Start the tweaker, open the apps list, select Fermata Auto in the list, return to the main screen and press the PATCH button. Reboot the device.
    Before connecting to Android Auto:
    • Install the fermata-auto-control apk. This application is only required if you need support for steering wheel media buttons.
    • Start the player, grant permissions and add folders.
    Temporary solution with changed package name.
    New in 1.7.0 Beta https://github.com/AndreyPavlenko/Fermata/releases/tag/v1.7.0b :
    Youtube web view.
    Basic web browser with support for bookmarks and full screen.
    Gestures support by video and control panel view:
    - Vertical scroll - volume up/down
    - Horizontal scroll:
    1 finger - emulates rw/ff button click (skip 5 seconds by default)
    2 fingers - long click on rw/ff button (skip 20 seconds)
    3 fingers - long click prev/next button (skip 5%)
    Swipe left/right - play prev/next track
    Swipe up/down - play prev/next folder
    Double click - play/pause
    Fermata stop working on 7.0 too were I use few day ago. I think Google blacklisted it, maybe try to rename package name can be a workaround
    Seems like that :( Package renaming works, but I don't think it's a good solution. Google has many ways to block any app.
    Unfortunately, for both situations (checked or not) netflix gives only sound no picture 😔
    I'll update webkit in the next version. Perhaps, it will help.