Fermata Media Player - audio and video player for Android Auto

Search This thread

davostoff

Jul 11, 2019
Hi friends! I install fermata auto. I add a iptv list, When I try to play a channel, it only plays the sound without the video. If i try this iptv list on iptv smarters or VLC in my android phone, it run perfectly

Hole_12

May 6, 2021
Good morning. I would love to install Fermata for Android Auto on _ Hiunday i40 / Galaxi A5 with android 8.0.0_ I would like to receive some help to start the installation, I have already read the whole thread, it is not clear to me what to install on the mobile and what on the car.

Thanks

Buenos dias. Me encantaria instalar Fermata para Android Auto en _ Hiunday i40 / Galaxi A5 con android 8.0.0_ Me gustaria recibir algo de ayuda para empezar la instalacion, ya he leido todo el hilo, no me queda claro que instlar en el movil y que en el coche.
Gracias

Last edited by a moderator:

davostoff

Jul 11, 2019
You need to install the Github version of the player, as described in the head of this thread.
I have followed the following steps, installing the latest version of github

• Install an appropriate universal apk (arm or arm64).
  • Download and install AIO Tweaker - https://github.com/shmykelsa/AA-Tweaker/tags .
  • Start the tweaker, open the apps list, select Fermata Auto in the list, return to the main screen and press the PATCH button. Reboot the device.

Hole_12

May 6, 2021

Hole_12

May 6, 2021
Can you add a folder with .mp3 files to play music only?

Se puede agregar carpeta con archivos .mp3 para reproducir solo musica?

OldRider91

May 9, 2021
How can I get the AA SDK for developing a custom app or support other projects? Is there a hidden guide for AA development? Thank you!

Hole_12

May 6, 2021
Gracias por su ayuda. Instalaré Fermata según su consejo. Nota: el movil no está roteado, algún problema por ello?
Use the recommended installer: from AAAD, install Fermata Auto, then Fermata Control, now I have Fermata Auto and Fermata Control on the device, in Android Auto in the car only Fermata Control appears, the videos on the mobile with Fermata Auto are fine, but in the car only audio video only small fixed icon. Am I doing something wrong?

Community-verified icon

Use el instalador recomendado: desde AAAD, instale Fermata Auto, despues Fermata Control, ahora tengo Fermata Auto y Fermata Control en el dispositivo, en Android Auto en el coche solo aparece Fermata Control, los videos en el movil con Fermata Auto van bien, pero en el coche solo audio el video solo icono pequeño fijo. Algo estoy haciendo mal?

Attachments

• IMG_20210508_163124762_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210508_163124762_HDR.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 39
  • IMG_20210508_162826013_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210508_162826013_HDR.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 40

Hole_12

May 6, 2021
Installation from PC:

Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks

Instalacion desde PC:
Alguien podria decirme que estoy haciendo mal?
Gracias

Attachments

• IMG_20210510_210459464.jpg
    IMG_20210510_210459464.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 25

Hole_12

May 6, 2021
According to Manual:
Install adb (this well done, the device ZY322 appears .....
-Connect device to USB (movil to PC)
-Open the console and run:
adb push fermata-XXX-auto-universal-armXX ......
adb shell pm install-i ........
adb shell rm
Doubts:
- Where do I open the console to execute these commands??
-Where does it have to be downloaded? Fermata1.7.7
-What is the correct route?
Thanks

baybora72

Apr 12, 2019
When i watch a video in the youtube section (Tab), I always see the same resolution for the videos is 240p and ... Not changeable. Why?
(I installed Fermata via AAAD - Except this issue, fermata works nearly perfect. Thanks a lot)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Se puede cargar archivo .m3u , si le das donde pone Location le das a la lupa y buscas el archivo , luego le das nombre y ya se carga
    yes but my iptv channel doesn't work with a m3u list but with link + login + password...

anyway I have found a solution with GSE SMART IPTV which works very well in the Megane ETECH on Android Automotive
    Fermata Media Player is a free, open source audio, video and TV player with a simple and intuitive interface. It is focused on playing media files organized in folders and playlists.

Supported features:

⚫ Play media files organized in folders
    ⚫ IPTV addon with support for EPG and archives
    ⚫ Youtube and web browser addons
    ⚫ Support for network folders: SFTP, SMB (CIFS), Google drive
    ⚫ Remembers the last played track and position for each folder
    ⚫ Support for favorites and playlists
    ⚫ Support for CUE and M3U playlists
    ⚫ Support for M3U playlist URLs
    ⚫ Support for bookmarks
    ⚫ Shuffle and repeat functions
    ⚫ Playback timer
    ⚫ Audio effects: Equalizer, Bass Boost and Virtualizer
    ⚫ Configure audio effects for individual tracks and folders
    ⚫ Configure playback speed for individual tracks and folders
    ⚫ Sort tracks by name, file name, date or randomly
    ⚫ Customizable titles and subtitles
    ⚫ Support for Android Auto
    ⚫ Pluggable media engines: MediaPlayer, ExoPlayer and VLC
    ⚫ Video player with support for subtitles (VLC Engine only)

There are two version of the player:

1. The first one has support for Android Auto as a media service. This version is available on Google Play - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=me.aap.fermata
    2. The second one provides the same functionality, but can be launched as an Android Auto application, i.e. with its own interface:

IMG-20191227-211919.jpg

IMG-20191227-211944.jpg

To install this version, you may either use the Android Auto Apps Downloader or, for manual installation, follow the instructions below. Before the installation, make sure that the "Unknown sources" option is enabled in the Android Auto settings. To enable this option, open AA settings on your phone and go to the "Developer Settings" section.

Manual installation
    Before connecting to Android Auto:
    • Install the fermata-auto-control apk. This application is only required if you need support for steering wheel media buttons.
    • Start the player, grant permissions and add folders.
    Temporary solution with changed package name.
    New in 1.7.0 Beta https://github.com/AndreyPavlenko/Fermata/releases/tag/v1.7.0b :
    Youtube web view.
    Basic web browser with support for bookmarks and full screen.
    Gestures support by video and control panel view:
    - Vertical scroll - volume up/down
    - Horizontal scroll:
    1 finger - emulates rw/ff button click (skip 5 seconds by default)
    2 fingers - long click on rw/ff button (skip 20 seconds)
    3 fingers - long click prev/next button (skip 5%)
    Swipe left/right - play prev/next track
    Swipe up/down - play prev/next folder
    Double click - play/pause
    hi there

i can confirm that fermata auto is fully functional in my pixel 7a ( Android 14 not rooted... stock ).
    I have a connection via AAwireless dongle with developer mode enabled.
    Icon "fermata auto" does not appear in section "customizer app launcher" of the android auto app on the smartphone ( only fermata control if installed), but in app
    drawer on the "tablet" of the my car ( toyota corolla hybrid) appear together with fermata control.
    It seems to work even when moving.

CIAO
    Fermata stop working on 7.0 too were I use few day ago. I think Google blacklisted it, maybe try to rename package name can be a workaround
    Seems like that :( Package renaming works, but I don't think it's a good solution. Google has many ways to block any app.