Fermata Media Player - audio and video player for Android Auto

Search This thread

zgfg

Oct 10, 2016
Redmi K20 / Xiaomi Mi 9T
Xiaomi Mi 11
I did that before the A12 update and it was working (it worked for weeks).
As soon as I updated it stopped working.

Please note that I did not said that it is not visible in AA. App stills shows in AA, but simply doesn't load.
I don't have A12 (yet). But there was another user in the Screen2Auto thread here on XDA, post#2012 there, who was looking how to make S2A working on A12

He found this post here about Fermata on A12 and eventually posted a guide in S2A thread how he made it working both Fermata and S2A on his (rooted) A12

mars08

Jun 14, 2021
Haven't had the app on my phone for some time. Today I installed v1.8.11 (on Android 10) and the Web Browser and Youtube worked fine.

Then I added my media folders to Fermata... On earlier versions I could select and play MP3, MP4 and avi files stored on my phone. Now the files don't even appear in the folders. Has the app functionality been changed? Should I still be able to play media files stored on my phone?

gorkems06

Jan 20, 2022
would it be possible to get the keyboard work without "driving restrictions"... or implement a voice search button in the youtube section?

Andrey Pavlenko

Apr 8, 2020
Haven't had the app on my phone for some time. Today I installed v1.8.11 (on Android 10) and the Web Browser and Youtube worked fine.

Then I added my media folders to Fermata... On earlier versions I could select and play MP3, MP4 and avi files stored on my phone. Now the files don't even appear in the folders. Has the app functionality been changed? Should I still be able to play media files stored on my phone?
The functionality has not been changed, you should be able to play the files. Have you granted the file access permission to the app?

Andrey Pavlenko

Apr 8, 2020
would it be possible to get the keyboard work without "driving restrictions"... or implement a voice search button in the youtube section?
Unfortunately no. This is AA keyboard and it does not work while driving.
If the voice control is enabled in the settings, the voice input should be activated, when clicking on a text input field. You may also use the floating button long press and the steering wheel buttons to activate the voice search.

Beyazlı

Nov 18, 2021
Video does not start over again when switching from one video to another so it continues where it left off.

Beyazlı

Nov 18, 2021
You need to add an m3u playlist on the TV tab.
Screenshot_20220120-164012_Fermata Auto.jpg
I use Guek IpTV. Failed.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Se puede cargar archivo .m3u , si le das donde pone Location le das a la lupa y buscas el archivo , luego le das nombre y ya se carga
    yes but my iptv channel doesn't work with a m3u list but with link + login + password...

anyway I have found a solution with GSE SMART IPTV which works very well in the Megane ETECH on Android Automotive
    Fermata Media Player is a free, open source audio, video and TV player with a simple and intuitive interface. It is focused on playing media files organized in folders and playlists.

Supported features:

⚫ Play media files organized in folders
    ⚫ IPTV addon with support for EPG and archives
    ⚫ Youtube and web browser addons
    ⚫ Support for network folders: SFTP, SMB (CIFS), Google drive
    ⚫ Remembers the last played track and position for each folder
    ⚫ Support for favorites and playlists
    ⚫ Support for CUE and M3U playlists
    ⚫ Support for M3U playlist URLs
    ⚫ Support for bookmarks
    ⚫ Shuffle and repeat functions
    ⚫ Playback timer
    ⚫ Audio effects: Equalizer, Bass Boost and Virtualizer
    ⚫ Configure audio effects for individual tracks and folders
    ⚫ Configure playback speed for individual tracks and folders
    ⚫ Sort tracks by name, file name, date or randomly
    ⚫ Customizable titles and subtitles
    ⚫ Support for Android Auto
    ⚫ Pluggable media engines: MediaPlayer, ExoPlayer and VLC
    ⚫ Video player with support for subtitles (VLC Engine only)

There are two version of the player:

1. The first one has support for Android Auto as a media service. This version is available on Google Play - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=me.aap.fermata
    2. The second one provides the same functionality, but can be launched as an Android Auto application, i.e. with its own interface:

IMG-20191227-211919.jpg

IMG-20191227-211944.jpg

To install this version, you may either use the Android Auto Apps Downloader or, for manual installation, follow the instructions below. Before the installation, make sure that the "Unknown sources" option is enabled in the Android Auto settings. To enable this option, open AA settings on your phone and go to the "Developer Settings" section.

Manual installation
    Before connecting to Android Auto:
    • Install the fermata-auto-control apk. This application is only required if you need support for steering wheel media buttons.
    • Start the player, grant permissions and add folders.
    Temporary solution with changed package name.
    New in 1.7.0 Beta https://github.com/AndreyPavlenko/Fermata/releases/tag/v1.7.0b :
    Youtube web view.
    Basic web browser with support for bookmarks and full screen.
    Gestures support by video and control panel view:
    - Vertical scroll - volume up/down
    - Horizontal scroll:
    1 finger - emulates rw/ff button click (skip 5 seconds by default)
    2 fingers - long click on rw/ff button (skip 20 seconds)
    3 fingers - long click prev/next button (skip 5%)
    Swipe left/right - play prev/next track
    Swipe up/down - play prev/next folder
    Double click - play/pause
    hi there

i can confirm that fermata auto is fully functional in my pixel 7a ( Android 14 not rooted... stock ).
    I have a connection via AAwireless dongle with developer mode enabled.
    Icon "fermata auto" does not appear in section "customizer app launcher" of the android auto app on the smartphone ( only fermata control if installed), but in app
    drawer on the "tablet" of the my car ( toyota corolla hybrid) appear together with fermata control.
    It seems to work even when moving.

CIAO
    Fermata stop working on 7.0 too were I use few day ago. I think Google blacklisted it, maybe try to rename package name can be a workaround
    Seems like that :( Package renaming works, but I don't think it's a good solution. Google has many ways to block any app.