Fermata Media Player - audio and video player for Android Auto

Search This thread
I can never make Fermata 1.8.11 to work. It always says "Fermata Control seems not to be working"

Are there any clear instructions how to install?

- Should I install both Fermata and Fermata Control, both by KingInstaller, or how?

- Should I patch both of them in AA AIO Tweaker, or only Fermata or how?

For the matter of fact Fermata 1.8.10 (it came without that Fermata Control - whatever that Control is) worked seamlessly!
Install with King and test.

zgfg

Oct 10, 2016
Redmi K20 / Xiaomi Mi 9T
Xiaomi Mi 11
Install with King and test.
Yes I did install with KingInstaller and it doesn't work: always Fermata Control seems not to be working

Again, can you please give clear answers how exactly you did to get it working:

1) Should I install both Fermata and Fermata Control by King (I did so, no luck)?

2) Should I patch in Tweaker only Fermata (as I do) or also Control?

Both are installed but when I go to Settings, Apps, it says that Control was never started?!
It means that Fermata doesn't even start Control (instead it writes: Fermata Control seems not to be working)

Yes I did install with KingInstaller and it doesn't work: always Fermata Control seems not to be working

Again, can you please give clear answers how exactly you did to get it working:

1) Should I install both Fermata and Fermata Control by King (I did so, no luck)?

2) Should I patch in Tweaker only Fermata (as I do) or also Control?

Both are installed but when I go to Settings, Apps, it says that Control was never started?!
It means that Fermata doesn't even start Control (instead it writes: Fermata Control seems not to be working)
Try to change your AA i use one recently version

darix96

Mar 8, 2013
GB
meettomy.site
I've no idea how to have this work without root
I've tried with
king installer
Adb
Aaad
Downgrade Android auto to 6.9
I'm on realme gt neo2 with android 11
The app install successful but on android auto didn't appear why?
Is 2 months that I can't use anything in android auto?
Someone can help me?

CHARLY_A 1961

Aug 4, 2015
No tengo idea de cómo hacer que esto funcione sin root
he probado con
rey instalador
Anuncio
Aaaa
Rebajar Android Auto a 6.9
Estoy en realme gt neo2 con android 11
La instalación de la aplicación fue exitosa pero en Android Auto no apareció, ¿por qué?
¿Son 2 meses que no puedo usar nada en android auto?
¿Puede ayudarme alguien?
Hello I have Realme gt master edition, i have your problem. Is impossible appear custom apk in AA because i not encounter the reason of this problem, i use all metod you describ not have result the only final chosee is flash another rom stock more old please wend you have solution for this problem. Writeme

lalapa

Mar 8, 2014
App is working but i cant use it because some car brands like Mazda and BMW dont allow us to use touchscreen we can only control from joystick but app not support our joystick so we cant choose anything from youtube we can only scrol the page :/

Sjhingan

Jul 24, 2018
Google Pixel 6
Hi all, I have a op3t rooted with Magisk, running AA 7.1 . I used titanium to freeze the play store and GPS so no apps auto update and i am not forced to update the AA version to newer versiopns, in case it causes a problem. To my surprise AA is still forcing me to update to the latest version. What do i need to do so that i'm not forced to update to the latest AA version ever. Someone suggested destroying all market links but im not sure if that a viable option. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

abhi0502

Dec 3, 2013
Mumbai
OnePlus 7 Pro
is fermata auto working with android auto in android 12 AOSP ROM? I tried by installing kingsinstaller or by AA AIO tweaker app, but still Fermata Auto is not showing in android auto. By enabling developer option i can see fermata auto control but still not Fermato auto? Is there any solution?
On Android 11 AOSP ROM fermata auto works with kingsinstaller in Android Auto

Hole_12

May 6, 2021
Hello everyone

I had on the Moto G5 Fermata1.7.7, Auto and Control, AA 6.3.61 on A 8.1.0 running without root installed with ADB

Now with AA 7.3.62 download AAAD 1.4.3 and install Fermata Auto 1.8.11 (F. Control I don't have it), on the mobile all OK but on the

AA screen of the car does not appear Fermata. Do I need Fermata control? In AAAD it does not appear. What am I doing wrong?

Can any of you help me?

Thanks

20ducks

Jan 1, 2022
I have no idea if I am asking the right question in the right forum etc. but, here goes: I downloaded off a popular site dozen's of music videos. I play them through AAAD/Fermata and have no issues whatsoever. I would like, however, to be able to skip through some of the tracks (genre's are many) to a track I want to hear. When it circles back to tracks that I have skipped through it will only resume at that point I went to a new track. Do I make any sense? Anyway, I am trying to find out how to "reset" these mp4' so they will start from the beginning. I use a Samsung S21 Ultra non-rooted.
If I am at the wrong spot on the interweb to ask them please direct me where I should go for help. Thank you for your help.

markinhosmrk

Apr 25, 2012
Hi guys,

For those who have root, I think I found a way to avoid Android Auto removing apps:

1. Clear app data for AA and set up it on your car the way you like it
2. Use a terminal to change permission for AA shared_prefs directory under /data/data/com.google.android.projection.gearhead (I used root shell, not sure if it would work without it)

chmod -R 551 /data/data/com.google.android.projection.gearhead/shared_prefs

It has been working fine for a couple days but I guess you won't be able to change any setting.

Reactions: tiho5 and sosimple

SOFO888

Jan 28, 2013
Can you please explain this permission?
What happens exactly when you change this permission?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Se puede cargar archivo .m3u , si le das donde pone Location le das a la lupa y buscas el archivo , luego le das nombre y ya se carga
    yes but my iptv channel doesn't work with a m3u list but with link + login + password...

anyway I have found a solution with GSE SMART IPTV which works very well in the Megane ETECH on Android Automotive
    Did you enable Debug Mode in AAWireless App, too? This helps great over here with my Pixel 7 Pro. Tested and proven working on Github several times.
    Fermata Media Player is a free, open source audio, video and TV player with a simple and intuitive interface. It is focused on playing media files organized in folders and playlists.

Supported features:

⚫ Play media files organized in folders
    ⚫ IPTV addon with support for EPG and archives
    ⚫ Youtube and web browser addons
    ⚫ Support for network folders: SFTP, SMB (CIFS), Google drive
    ⚫ Remembers the last played track and position for each folder
    ⚫ Support for favorites and playlists
    ⚫ Support for CUE and M3U playlists
    ⚫ Support for M3U playlist URLs
    ⚫ Support for bookmarks
    ⚫ Shuffle and repeat functions
    ⚫ Playback timer
    ⚫ Audio effects: Equalizer, Bass Boost and Virtualizer
    ⚫ Configure audio effects for individual tracks and folders
    ⚫ Configure playback speed for individual tracks and folders
    ⚫ Sort tracks by name, file name, date or randomly
    ⚫ Customizable titles and subtitles
    ⚫ Support for Android Auto
    ⚫ Pluggable media engines: MediaPlayer, ExoPlayer and VLC
    ⚫ Video player with support for subtitles (VLC Engine only)

There are two version of the player:

1. The first one has support for Android Auto as a media service. This version is available on Google Play - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=me.aap.fermata
    2. The second one provides the same functionality, but can be launched as an Android Auto application, i.e. with its own interface:

IMG-20191227-211919.jpg

IMG-20191227-211944.jpg

To install this version, you may either use the Android Auto Apps Downloader or, for manual installation, follow the instructions below. Before the installation, make sure that the "Unknown sources" option is enabled in the Android Auto settings. To enable this option, open AA settings on your phone and go to the "Developer Settings" section.

Manual installation
    Before connecting to Android Auto:
    • Install the fermata-auto-control apk. This application is only required if you need support for steering wheel media buttons.
    • Start the player, grant permissions and add folders.
    Temporary solution with changed package name.
    New in 1.7.0 Beta https://github.com/AndreyPavlenko/Fermata/releases/tag/v1.7.0b :
    Youtube web view.
    Basic web browser with support for bookmarks and full screen.
    Gestures support by video and control panel view:
    - Vertical scroll - volume up/down
    - Horizontal scroll:
    1 finger - emulates rw/ff button click (skip 5 seconds by default)
    2 fingers - long click on rw/ff button (skip 20 seconds)
    3 fingers - long click prev/next button (skip 5%)
    Swipe left/right - play prev/next track
    Swipe up/down - play prev/next folder
    Double click - play/pause
    hi there

i can confirm that fermata auto is fully functional in my pixel 7a ( Android 14 not rooted... stock ).
    I have a connection via AAwireless dongle with developer mode enabled.
    Icon "fermata auto" does not appear in section "customizer app launcher" of the android auto app on the smartphone ( only fermata control if installed), but in app
    drawer on the "tablet" of the my car ( toyota corolla hybrid) appear together with fermata control.
    It seems to work even when moving.

CIAO
    Fermata stop working on 7.0 too were I use few day ago. I think Google blacklisted it, maybe try to rename package name can be a workaround
    Seems like that :( Package renaming works, but I don't think it's a good solution. Google has many ways to block any app.