Few questions regarding this phone and performance.

Search This thread

Fahim92

May 8, 2013
I've read many reviews and watched dozens regarding the performance of this phone but I wanted to get some real user experiences. I'm planning to upgrade to this from my G3 which is hands down the worst phone I've ever had. So far, this phone looks promising but I wanted to know how it performs. My G3 lags really really bad and overheats to 95c+ which led to me having to downclock it. How does the XStyle (Pure) perform? Does the phone lag when multi tasking? How hot does the CPU get? Does it throttle? I don't really care for battery life as I'm never too far from a charger.

I'd really appreciate some answers to my questions as my current phone is really getting on my last nerves.

Thanks.

jaseman

Aug 27, 2012
Spring
95c+ ??????????? 95 degrees centigrade is equal to 203 degrees Fahrenheit! :eek:
Water boils at 212 degrees Fahrenheit.

tele_jas

Aug 18, 2006
Mount Vernon
The hottest my phone has gotten is during initial setup, when it was downloading all the apps and I was setting them all up... That was about 117f (47c). It did it again right after I flashed TWRP and did my first Nandroid. But normal use, I haven't noticed it over 107f (41c), but I don't play games or do anything real intense on it. Just music and videos for the most part. My M9 got around that temp and ran that way more often with the same basic task.

I don't notice any real lag...There are some quirks that it has that will hopefully get worked out with an update. By "quirks" I mean the slight glitch when you rotate the phone 180 degrees while listening to music....That's the stereo separation swapping sides. I also noticed a slight glitch when listening to music stored on my SD card too, about every 4th or 5th song it will just do a real short "glitch" or "pause" like it's trying to catch up. I've tried a few other, class 10, SD cards and they all seem to do it for some reason? Not a big deal for me, but if I was playing them for people it might bother me a little.

I've read where people said Chrome was laggy, but coming from an HTC M9, I really don't notice anything that bothers me.

As for throttling, I haven't noticed any.....But I haven't gotten it hot enough for long periods at a time for it to do any (if it does).

Last edited:

SkuzeeII

Oct 2, 2012
I've been using mine for about a week and a half and the performance is great. I play a lot of Hearthstone on the phone and it's really smooth even with Facebook chats overlayed on it. My phone gets to mid 90's sometimes. It happened a lot the first few days, but has even out after that.

Fahim92

May 8, 2013
95c+ ??????????? 95 degrees centigrade is equal to 203 degrees Fahrenheit! :eek:
Water boils at 212 degrees Fahrenheit.

Yep. The phone shuts down after reaching 96c. I saw the high temperature warning way too many times before I downclocked.

The hottest my phone has gotten is during initial setup, when it was downloading all the apps and I was setting them all up... That was about 117f (47c). It did it again right after I flashed TWRP and did my first Nandroid. But normal use, I haven't noticed it over 107f (41c), but I don't play games or do anything real intense on it. Just music and videos for the most part. My M9 got around that temp and ran that way more often with the same basic task.

I don't notice any real lag...There are some quirks that it has that will hopefully get worked out with an update. By "quirks" I mean the slight glitch when you rotate the phone 180 degrees while listening to music....That's the stereo separation swapping sides. I also noticed a slight glitch when listening to music stored on my SD card too, about every 4th or 5th song it will just do a real short "glitch" or "pause" like it's trying to catch up. I've tried a few other, class 10, SD cards and they all seem to do it for some reason? Not a big deal for me, but if I was playing them for people it might bother me a little.

I've read where people said Chrome was laggy, but coming from an HTC M9, I really don't notice anything that bothers me.

As for throttling, I haven't noticed any.....But I haven't gotten it hot enough for long periods at a time for it to do any (if it does).

Thanks for the reply, your post made me more confident in choosing this phone to replace my g3.

I've been using mine for about a week and a half and the performance is great. I play a lot of Hearthstone on the phone and it's really smooth even with Facebook chats overlayed on it. My phone gets to mid 90's sometimes. It happened a lot the first few days, but has even out after that.

Mid 90 Celsius?

Spike96

May 28, 2013
Yep. The phone shuts down after reaching 96c. I saw the high temperature warning way too many times before I downclocked.

Thanks for the reply, your post made me more confident in choosing this phone to replace my g3.

Mid 90 Celsius?

YOU, fahim, mean fahrenheit.

Gr8man001

Aug 19, 2012
Washington, DC
OnePlus 11
I had LG G3 prior to MPXE and it never got this hot. I did however applied thermal paste. Anyways, MPXE is a good phone, definitely run cooler than G3. Its heavier and bigger than G3. Battery life is on par with G3. I find brightness and colors much better than G3.you won't regret this phone.

Fahim92

May 8, 2013
I had LG G3 prior to MPXE and it never got this hot. I did however applied thermal paste. Anyways, MPXE is a good phone, definitely run cooler than G3. Its heavier and bigger than G3. Battery life is on par with G3. I find brightness and colors much better than G3.you won't regret this phone.

Thanks for the reply, mate. I'm definitely gonna place an order for this phone soon!

Fahim92

May 8, 2013
One last thing before I order it. I know that KitKat had removed the ability to be able to completely use the memory card, I.e, downloading stuff onto memory card. Has lollipop fixed that? I had to root my G3 and install a SD card fix in order to download torrents onto it as I mainly download on my phone now. Would I have to do the same with the Moto X?