[FEWidgets] User Made Widgets thread!

Search This thread

nicodega

Sep 1, 2008
IMPORTANT: This Widgets are not compatible with FEWidgets Lite and Ultimate version.

As I've been seeing more activity on "user made widgets" for FEWidgets on the app thread, I thought I would create this thread on which we could manage all new widgets created by other developers/users.

I'll keep a list here and update it as often as I can :), if you made a widget please create a post on this thread with the following:

- Zip file containing the new widget (if it's an Auto Installable Package please say so)
- Screenshot of the new widget.
- Explain what it does briefly.
- If it's not an AIP widget zip file, please include deplyment instructions.

I'll check this thread often, but if you see I missed your widget please PM me and I'll update it.

All Ideas or questions regarding widget creation should be posted on this thread, and bugs or questions regarding the app itself on the other one.

Documentation for creating an Auto Installable Package zip file can be found on the widget Creation Manual Here.

On this post you have an example of an AIP package and a small guide to create your own on 5 steps. Thanks nir36!

INSTALLATION:

Widgets marked with AIP are Auto Installable Packages.

- Place them on FEWidgets\install
- Go to Configuration -> Install New Widgets
- Restart the Application (or the today plugin)

Widget zip files not marked with AIP, must be installed manually and it will be explained on the creators Post.

Custom Widgets

Last edited:

nicodega

Sep 1, 2008
I was wondering if action script for Flash Lite is supported for widgets (or would it work if system have Flash Lite installed).

flash lite actionscript is supported, becuase flash 7 for Pocket PC supports AS 2.0.

FEWidgets won't work with Flash Lite, it needs flash Player 7 because flash lite does not provide an ActiveX control. (I believe there is a way to create a player on a specific window invoking FL_CreatePlayer from flashlite.dll, but it's not documented.. at least not for free)

nir36

Retired Moderator
Dec 5, 2007
Jerusalem
www.sq-web.com
Widget AIP (Auto Install Package) Manual

The following zip contains 4 flash files and 1 XML file which are the example of how to make an installation package for FEWidgets.

The code in the XML was written by nicolas in the Widget Creation document.
all you have to do is download the example, replace the files in the zip with your files and change the zip file's name to have an installation package.

changes required are as follows:

1. change zip name to whatever you want..
2. switch both NAMEico files with your files while NAME is the widget's name
3. switch both NAME files with your files while NAME is the widget's name
4. edit the xml file and change the values inside according to what is written in the right fields.
5. copy the zip file to /program files/FEWidgets/install and in the config app choose to install new widgets.

PLEASE! if you post a reply with a widget and want to add more widgets DO edit your post and add them there. this way we can keep 1 post per user with all his widgets and keep this thread as clean and organized as possible for nicolas to read.

Last edited:

nir36

Retired Moderator
Dec 5, 2007
Jerusalem
www.sq-web.com
here are the first 3:
Unread SMS Count and Missed Calls Count with 2 icons and a Clean Date Widget.

-Clicking the icon in the SMS widget will load poutlook messaing
-Clicking the icon in the Missed Calls widget will load iContact in Missed calls
-The date widget is nicolas' date widget changed to be white with no background

Preview
f_pccapture1m_2a0dd57.jpg

These are AIP

Updated [28/11/08]
- cleaned garbage from widgets
- changed SMS and MC to sleeker looks and embedded numbers

enjoy.

Attachments

• SMSur.zip
    39.4 KB · Views: 2,300
  • CALLms.zip
    35.2 KB · Views: 1,720
  • CleanDate.zip
    22.3 KB · Views: 1,611
Last edited:

nicodega

Sep 1, 2008
I will be editing this post with new widgets...

here are the first 3:
Unread SMS Count and Missed Calls Count with 2 icons and a Clean Date Widget.
SMS Count Icon click points to Messaging
Missed Calls Count Icon click points to Missed Calls in iContact
The date widget is nicolas' date widget changed to be white with no background.

These are AIP

there might be some garbage inside them but i don't have the time to change them right now.

enjoy.

Updated first post with all 3 widgets =D (when you have some time could you place a screenshot on the post with the three widgets? I believe I've seen one already :))

Thanks! (I've also added a link to the AIP template you made :))

nir36

Retired Moderator
Dec 5, 2007
Jerusalem
www.sq-web.com
hehe. i must also mention that the basis of the action script for all widgets was made by nicolas... i only edited and added things... and will change more.
I have to go to sleep.. long day tomorrow, but i'll post screen shots tomorrow.

goodnight :)

Last edited:

pcforce

Jul 17, 2008
Sofia
www.pcs-bg.eu
Widgets

Here is my post for widgets.

1) Battery Meter ver1.4 AIP package; its a 5 stage animated meter; screenshots: onsidebar.jpg onscreen.jpg
2) LGMenu widget ver1.0 AIP package; ported version of LG Today Plugin and LGMenu for FEWidgets, fits best on 240x screen with no bottom bar and Opera browser installed; screenshots: LGM_sidebar.jpg LGM_onscreen.jpg
3) Tiny Browser ver1.0 AIP package; this widget is based on Touchwiz's browser shortcut gadget however this one is configurable - you can actually make it run just any .exe from \Windows\ directory; you can change launched application/browser at FEWidgets\custom\Tiny Browser\config.xml; by default its set to launch Opera; screenshots: Tiny_Browser_onscreen.jpg

All packages install sources aswell (custom\).

Attachments

• LGM_onscreen.jpg
    LGM_onscreen.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 2,178
  • LGM_sidebar.jpg
    LGM_sidebar.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 1,302
  • onscreen.jpg
    onscreen.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 1,190
  • onsidebar.jpg
    onsidebar.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 960
  • Tiny_Browser_onscreen.jpg
    Tiny_Browser_onscreen.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 1,215
Last edited:

nicodega

Sep 1, 2008
Here is my post for widgets.

1) Battery Meter ver1.4 AIP package; its a 5 stage animated meter; screenshots: onsidebar.jpg onscreen.jpg
2) LGMenu widget ver1.0 AIP package; ported version of LG Today Plugin and LGMenu for FEWidgets, fits best on 240x screen with no bottom bar and Opera browser installed; screenshots: LGM_sidebar.jpg LGM_onscreen.jpg

Updated first post, thanks :)

nicodega

Sep 1, 2008
btw, there should probably be an option to uninstall a widget

There is an option... on the configuration section when you select a custom widget the uninstall option on the menu should be enabled.

There is also an installer section for uninstall special commands I think (dont remember right now).

You should restart the application when the widget is uninstalled.

pcforce

Jul 17, 2008
Sofia
www.pcs-bg.eu
I'm having problems with widgets which call dynamically other swf files. It works just fine on pc, icon shows on sidebar and widget can be dropped on screen but it just dont appear, like its nothing there and FEWidget dont freeze or crash. Here is sample code:

Code:
_root._quality = "high";

_level0.FEWidgetsAPI.SetClickAndDrag(_root._name, _root.drag, Empty, true, false);
_root.loadMovie("w1.swf");

stop();

and there are just two layers where second one ("Drag") containing movieclip with alpha=0

nicodega

Sep 1, 2008
I'm having problems with widgets which call dynamically other swf files. It works just fine on pc, icon shows on sidebar and widget can be dropped on screen but it just dont appear, like its nothing there and FEWidget dont freeze or crash. Here is sample code:

Code:
_root._quality = "high";

_level0.FEWidgetsAPI.SetClickAndDrag(_root._name, _root.drag, Empty, true, false);
_root.loadMovie("w1.swf");

stop();

and there are just two layers where second one ("Drag") containing movieclip with alpha=0

When you have this kind of problems I suggest you look at the FLA files on the sources. You have to use the full application path and appenf file:// at the start:

Code:
_level0.FEWidgetsAPI.SetClickAndDrag(_root._name, _root.drag, null, true, false);

_root.loadMovie("file://" + _level0.BasePath + "[B]swf_folder[/B]\w1.swf");

stop();

Where swf_folder is a folder below the app folder. You can check pb.FLA fpr a working example.

You should also not set quality on your widgets as it affects the whole movie.

nir36

Retired Moderator
Dec 5, 2007
Jerusalem
www.sq-web.com
nicolas, besides the problem with the inability to disable the Application Shortcut and Weather widgets there is also a problem with uninstalling installed widgets.
when i try to uninstall it tells me that it's "Unable to uninstall Widget"... or something of that sort.

pcforce

Jul 17, 2008
Sofia
www.pcs-bg.eu
Thanks, "file:" thing work but i can't make it dragable. Tried several ways but nothing changed. Looks like i'm doing something wrong. Here is code i end up with (there is only one layer called "main" and nothing on it):

Code:
_root.createEmptyMovieClip("content",0);
_level0.FEWidgetsAPI.SetClickAndDrag(_root._name, _root.content, Empty, true, false);
_root.content.loadMovie("file:\\Program Files\\FEWidgets\\widgets\\w1.swf");

stop();

w1.swf is still an external animated movie with its own actionscript

nir36

Retired Moderator
Dec 5, 2007
Jerusalem
www.sq-web.com
I need help.. this is driving me nuts.
When i embed the numerals for the Missed Calls/SMS Count widgets it makes them disappear. only when i use device fonts it works.
i have no idea why...

it looks REALLY bad when it uses device fonts instead of embedded ones.

nicodega

Sep 1, 2008
Thanks, "file:" thing work but i can't make it dragable. Tried several ways but nothing changed. Looks like i'm doing something wrong. Here is code i end up with (there is only one layer called "main" and nothing on it):

Code:
_root.createEmptyMovieClip("content",0);
_level0.FEWidgetsAPI.SetClickAndDrag(_root._name, _root.content, Empty, true, false);
_root.content.loadMovie("file:\\Program Files\\FEWidgets\\widgets\\w1.swf");

stop();

w1.swf is still an external animated movie with its own actionscript

As dragging involves assigning events you might want to create another MovieClip and use it as a hitzone. Try using null instead of Empty too.

nir36 said:
I need help.. this is driving me nuts.
When i embed the numerals for the Missed Calls/SMS Count widgets it makes them disappear. only when i use device fonts it works.
i have no idea why...

it looks REALLY bad when it uses device fonts instead of embedded ones.

Try increasing the size of the text area.. perhaps that's what is bothering you. (it happened to me once :))

I'll check the uninstall procedure on a future... oh an btw b5 had some bugs, I recommend a fall back to b4.

pcforce

Jul 17, 2008
Sofia
www.pcs-bg.eu
Managed to get drag working but whatever i do all my layers always remain bellow spawned w1.swf. The only reason it drag is because the movie spawns only particially on layers surface (despite that whole movie is visible).

Drag didnt work with MovieClip and SetClickAndDrag function. I went for following code that i found on your manual:

Code:
on(press)
{	
_level0.WBeginDrag(_root._name, this);	
}

on(release, releaseOutside)
{
_level0.WEndDrag(_root._name, this);
}

Its better now but still need to be found a way to get a layer over the movie and to center this movie

EDIT: movieclip is now centered, now only hitzone button/layer need to be brought at the top

Last edited:

nir36

Retired Moderator
Dec 5, 2007
Jerusalem
www.sq-web.com
As dragging involves assigning events you might want to create another MovieClip and use it as a hitzone. Try using null instead of Empty too.

Try increasing the size of the text area.. perhaps that's what is bothering you. (it happened to me once :))

I'll check the uninstall procedure on a future... oh an btw b5 had some bugs, I recommend a fall back to b4.

lol, i made it 6 times the size it was and it still doesn't work.
it just won't show the number.
I embedded chars on other widgets and this is the only one it doesn't work on.

edit: WORKS! the god damn widget was set for flash player 10 instead of 7 for some reason. those are the exact problems which make your want to kill yourself.

cheers

btw nicolas, i updated all 3 widgets, please update the first post.

another question: as you can see on my screenshot there is some kind of nettish background to the widgets. is there a way in which i can delete that?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Small Calculator ver1.0 AIP - Small Calculator is complete port of Touchwiz's calculator widget to FEWidgets; tip: to drag widget around your screen, aim at the top bar which is used to show whats you're typing and your results - dragging wont work on calculator's buttons;

I tried the widget and I couldn't get it to work (it couldn't find the swf under \custom).

I've modified the source so the app path is not hardcoded and now it works. :)

EDIT: I didn't realize I had to copy a file to /widgets..