Question Fido Canada S22 Can't OEM Unlock. Any solution, or which alternative model to get?

Search This thread

newuxtreme

May 4, 2013
Hey guys,

Haven't kept up with research on phone unlocks etc etc. I love having my phone unlocked for the true night light, youtube vanced, perma ad block across phone and other such things.

Which version of the S22 should I be going for right now to get so that I can root my phone completely? Would the Amazon Canada version work (‎SM-S901WZKEXAC)?

Here are the specs/details of my Fido S22 phone that just came in, that DOESN'T have OEM Unlock option on it, not sure if this clarifies anything!

Model : SM - S901W
Snapdragon 8 Gen 1
CPU : sm8450
Baseband : S901WVLU1AVCJ
Build Number : SP1A.210812.016.S901WVLU1AVCJ

https://ibb.co/3YdZhrw

Muntyburn

May 13, 2020
Canada Quebec
the OEM lock is now hidden on the S22 and I believe on most newer samsungs as well. in my case I followed a dictation on the internet and it worked well

Rocketman!

Feb 19, 2019
S22 s901u if you search oem, it comes up as oem unlocking under developer options

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221125_192052_Settings Suggestions.jpg
    Screenshot_20221125_192052_Settings Suggestions.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 10

ANDREWT360

Feb 24, 2019
the OEM lock is now hidden on the S22 and I believe on most newer samsungs as well. in my case I followed a dictation on the internet and it worked well
Could you provide more info on how you were able to oem unlock. I have SM - S901W and the oem unlock shows in setting search bar but NOT in the dev options itself. Please help :D

Rocketman!

Feb 19, 2019
S901u same here. Shows up in search that oem unlocking in settings is in developer options, so the phone says. It is hidden and needs to be enabled so you can unlock this

ANDREWT360

Feb 24, 2019
S901u same here. Shows up in search that oem unlocking in settings is in developer options, so the phone says. It is hidden and needs to be enabled so you can unlock this
Really hoping there is a solution here... I got this phone because Samsung offers oem unlocking and it would be a shame if I cant unlock the bootloader :(

Rocketman!

Feb 19, 2019
Oem unlocking must not be removed but hidden or disabled, because if it was removed it would not show up in search and then say it's under developer options. So you must be incorrect.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    There is no oem unlock on North American devices. The s22 wasn't capable of being flashed by token. You all are out of luck for now

The s22 cannot be bootloader unlocked. Only method was by flashing token and I don't believe te s22 was included in this.
    There is no oem unlock on North American devices. The s22 wasn't capable of being flashed by token. You all are out of luck for now

The s22 cannot be bootloader unlocked. Only method was by flashing token and I don't believe te s22 was included in this.
    Thank you for the clarification!
    @TheMadScientist is correct - Snapdragon devices are generally not bootloader unlockable.

The OEM Unlocking toggle is hidden because ro.oem_unlock_supported and sys.oem_unlock_allowed are both set to 0 at firmware build time and cannot be changed except via remote firmware update.