File encrypted! How can I open it!! HELP!!

CXZa

Apr 9, 2013
cxzstuff.blogspot.com
Hi, thanks for your message.

How exactly is this helping the situation?

"tail", I remember you mentioned that before. What does that mean?

Thanks.
LOL, it helps a lot. Then I don't have to do proofreading myself and also then it's the same for sure.
But maybe my data is right... Do the second way first.

Tail, that name I invented before reading that zip article, is just part of of zip64. Not needed really... contains crc-32 of extracted file and its sizes as compressed and extracted....

edit: if that crc-32 doesn't match you can also just copy ctrl-c and paste ctrl-v that selection to this thread...

edit: here was mine to show how it looks like....

Last edited:

CXZa

Apr 9, 2013
cxzstuff.blogspot.com
is there anything else I can do now to help?
Never mind. I proofread it. It matched, but if you really want to make sure you should upload that file here in case I didn't see some correctly...

Here is your file made similar as I did mine...
Works with some zip recovery programs, haven't tested much...
Not just accepting it but also my password was found when testing...

You could try uploading this file to those online services that promise that if the file isn't recovered you don't have to pay...

Or maybe someone having some free time and powerful enough computer can help you now...

Attachments

CXZa

Apr 9, 2013
cxzstuff.blogspot.com
New version of WonderShare Zip Password Tester
Download: https://yadi.sk/d/KLBMhwOL-or45g
Updated. Now you can use spaces in passwords. Also added new default Dr.Fone password to the basenames.txt. Got it from the memory using Cheat Engine...

What @AkiraPerera04 could do is get a Mac, virtual or real one and install every damn Wondershare software into it. And then grab those passwords from the memory. Cheat Engine is available for Mac too. Use program id (in installer filename or Info.plist / InfoPlist.strings ) as a search string. Try also UTF-16 strings.

VirtualBox_IE11 - Win7_22_01_2021_20_58_08.png

Reactions: AkiraPerera04

CXZa

Apr 9, 2013
cxzstuff.blogspot.com
Use program id as a search string.
The id used in password can be also from lower version, for backwards compatibility I assume. So some guessing maybe needed, searching part of the program name, etc.

Here is some examples:

Dr.Fone for iOS (id=2300) - different id string found
Dr.Fone for iOS1283

Dr.Fone iPod 1167 - two strings found ending to id...
Wondershare IphoneRecovery1167
JAMKey_IphoneRecovery1167

edit: Updated again as I managed to add a bug into it.
"Dr.Fone for iOS" added to the basenames...
New version of WonderShare Zip Password Tester
Download: https://yadi.sk/d/KLBMhwOL-or45g

Last edited:

AkiraPerera04

Apr 15, 2018
CAN ANYONE VIEWING THIS PLEASE CHIP IN AND HELP AS I'M DESPERATE.

Hi, I tried that stuff you mentioned. I booted up mac on a virtual machine. Spent quite a while tinkering with it. I used both files when experimenting. (My bak file, and the favorites file you made from the hex stuff).

Any ideas? I still haven't figured it out. Corona virus and the never ending lockdown still goes on, so I have a ton of time.

Thanks.

CXZa

Apr 9, 2013
cxzstuff.blogspot.com
One problem is that they have so many similar products. So you installed some? Did you find a promising password from the memory? Even if it would not be right one, it could give us clues. That is, if their Mac passwords are like in their Windows products, but just differ a bit...

AkiraPerera04

Apr 15, 2018
One problem is that they have so many similar products. So you installed some? Did you find a promising password from the memory? Even if it would not be right one, it could give us clues. That is, if their Mac passwords are like in their Windows products, but just differ a bit...
Wait what do you mean? "Password from the memory"? I don't think I followed what you were saying before.

I tried to independently fix the issue myself, but was unable to, even though I feel as if I exhausted a lot of options.

Thanks.

AkiraPerera04

Apr 15, 2018
So, how it's going? Does Cheat Engine give any hits? Or too many perhaps? (less than 50 is bearable...)
Yeah, I tried it. Didn't really understand it, watched a few videos and figured out how to use cheat engine. But yeah, I was using it and didn't find much. Honestly, it was pretty confusing.

Honestly did not know cheat engine had a practical use. All I remember using it for was cheating on games back in 2010 LOL!!

Any suggestions? Have you managed to figure anything out on your end? Not quite sure what to do now haha!

Thanks.

CXZa

Apr 9, 2013
cxzstuff.blogspot.com

CXZa

Apr 9, 2013
cxzstuff.blogspot.com
Could not get rbkcrack to work. Gives no output or anything. Probably needs Rust installed??? Bkcrack works but no luck. Does it support zip64? IDK. Should read the source code if reveals anything... if rbkcrack supports zip64 as said and somebody gets it working , it should crack it like in 10 minutes when using file as big as Favorites.list. Okay, let say in 20, max...

BTW, noticed that with Winzip those "extra" files can be deleted. The resulting zip is like the one I did, except that it removes the file comment or whatever. Tried their command line version also to test fixing but it broke the zip by messing the flags and password didn't work anymore.

CXZa

Apr 9, 2013
cxzstuff.blogspot.com
Not quite sure what to do now haha!
If one wants to do some more guess work, then here is a new version of WonderShare Zip Password Tester. It uses fcrackzip to speed things up. Now it just takes seconds / baseword. The fcrackzip doesn't like broken or messed up zips so one have to rely on Winzip to fix them before using... the readme is below...

WonderShare Zip Password Tester using fcrackzip by CXZ / CXZa
http://cxzstuff.blogspot.com

Usage: The WonderShare zip needs to be modified for the fcrackzip.exe
Easiest way is to use WinZip and remove all files but one from the zip.
Then drop edited zip file over this batch file (or: this.bat zip-file.zip).

The basenames.txt file contains password basenames (initial passwords).
Edit it as needed - and then just run this bat again...

If file unzip.log exists other errors than wrong passwords are logged.
(slows a lot, takes like two to three times longer)
Download: https://disk.yandex.com/d/r3nFERA6sOZRqA

AkiraPerera04

Apr 15, 2018
If one wants to do some more guess work, then here is a new version of WonderShare Zip Password Tester. It uses fcrackzip to speed things up. Now it just takes seconds / baseword. The fcrackzip doesn't like broken or messed up zips so one have to rely on Winzip to fix them before using... the readme is below...

Download: https://disk.yandex.com/d/r3nFERA6sOZRqA
Ah thanks for the links. Can't believe how tough it is to crack this file aghh!