File explorers on Android 10?

Search This thread

WillyRy

Mar 9, 2011
Sisters, OR
HTC One (m7)
Nexus 9
I always get this toast message. Even on your 1.1.4.1
I was previously on 1.1.2, so thanks for the update!

I just click on the apk and then on install :D

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200202-072208.jpg
    Screenshot_20200202-072208.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 68

tperki

Feb 11, 2015
Hartford CT
I use FE File Explorer. Like it a lot. But I also cannot install APK files from it. It used to work in Android 9, but stopped in 10. I get the message "No app on your device can open this file". I have to use the baked in file manager in OOS to run apks. Anyone know why it would work in 9 but not 10?

Doesn't work with ES File explorer either.

famewolf

Jul 14, 2006
I use ES File Explorer Pro since years... Haven't found a better one yet :)

Bailed on es file explorer when they started adding all that unnecessary crap and pointing to dubious "phone cleaners". Buried my preference for free and dropped the dime on solid explorer which has been wonderful for me since. I've had no issues with it on Android 10.

matze19999

Dec 23, 2013
Near Donauwörth
OnePlus 9 Pro
Bailed on es file explorer when they started adding all that unnecessary crap and pointing to dubious "phone cleaners". Buried my preference for free and dropped the dime on solid explorer which has been wonderful for me since. I've had no issues with it on Android 10.

This unnecessary crap is only in the free version. The pro is still as good as on the first day and absolutely worth every cent ??

redpoint73

Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2007
Bailed on es file explorer when they started adding all that unnecessary crap and pointing to dubious "phone cleaners".

Same here. ES was a great free file explorer for so long, and a "go to" for me and a lot of folks; before it turned into crappy adware.

FX File Explorer is a good free one.

LENO7

Jan 7, 2016
İzmir
Since I use Android 10 (mostly tried with Android 10 custom ROMS) I only can install .APK files with the Android 10 File Explorer itself but not with other File explorers.
I tried with ES File Explorer, Solid Explorer, Root Explorer.
When I try to install an .apk file with them I just get an error saying like "no such app found".

I tried with a MIUI ROM Port (based on Android 10) for my Phone as well and there it was working to install .apk files with Solid Explorer.
Anyone else facing the same issue?

Thanks in advance!

Hi. How do I install Miui (based on Android 10)?

Superguy

Nov 28, 2007
Baltimore
I agree, up to the point i can't seem to install APKs from ES explorer on 10(Q). Get errors while i have every permission checked.

Still use it for my primary file manager, however.
(Screw the trojan conspiracies)

I have ES Explorer Pro - haven't found anything that does it better. Did Pro just get sucked up into that mess? Seems like pro wouldn't as it got rid of all the ads, etc.

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone