• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Final Android 12 update

Search This thread

fordmanck

Feb 18, 2010
Seminole, FL
Has anyone else not been able to update to the final release of Android 12 from the Beta? My understanding was it was released a few weeks ago but I am still showing updated when I check. Hopefully it's obvious by the forum but it's a Pixel 4 XL. Any help is appreciated.

Lughnasadh

Mar 23, 2015
Google Nexus 5
Huawei Nexus 6P
Has anyone else not been able to update to the final release of Android 12 from the Beta? My understanding was it was released a few weeks ago but I am still showing updated when I check. Hopefully it's obvious by the forum but it's a Pixel 4 XL. Any help is appreciated.
The first stable version of Android 12 for Pixel phones has not been released yet. On Oct. 4 they released Android 12 for AOSP, but not for Pixel phones. Google said, on October 4, that the release for Pixels would be in a "few weeks'. So it should be coming soon.

Reactions: fordmanck and #mcl

fordmanck

Feb 18, 2010
Seminole, FL
The first stable version of Android 12 for Pixel phones has not been released yet. On Oct. 4 they released Android 12 for AOSP, but not for Pixel phones. Google said, on October 4, that the release for Pixels would be in a "few weeks'. So it should be coming soon.
Thanks for the heads up. I did a ton of google searching but couldn't find a damn thing. I guess it won't matter much after today anyway when I order my 6 Pro, lol. Thanks for the quick reply, very much appreciated.

Reactions: Lughnasadh and #mcl

fordmanck

Feb 18, 2010
Seminole, FL
One of the recent leaks suggested that the Pro version would have both in display fingerprint and face unlock. I guess we'll find out today if it's true. Not sure about Motion Sense though.
I don't use motion sense at all. And I fly about 150 legs a year, and as of right now obviously, I'm constantly wearing a damn mask, so face unlock has gotten to be a pain in the ass. I'm really looking forward to having a fingerprint again.

• Wow
Reactions: #mcl

#mcl

Mar 26, 2020
Spain
Google Pixel 4 XL
Well in your case it don't seem it don't to be very useful. I use motion sense every day for music and I am planning to unlock the bootloader and use an app to create more custom gestures for motion sense. Also, as I enjoy cooking this is very handy as I usually have dirty fingers 🤌

Reactions: fordmanck

fordmanck

Feb 18, 2010
Seminole, FL
Well in your case it don't seem it don't to be very useful. I use motion sense every day for music and I am planning to unlock the bootloader and use an app to create more custom gestures for motion sense. Also, as I enjoy cooking this is very handy as I usually have dirty fingers 🤌
That's the great thing about Android. Many features for many users. :)

Reactions: #mcl

Ghisy

Mar 27, 2010
Is root available? Cant seem to figure out if magisk will work
Same here. I did patch the boot.img with Magisk v23 if anyone wants to give it a try (attached to this post).
Be careful as this is untested!! So make a backup before trying and let us know please!

Attachments

• boot_Android12_magisk_patched.img
    64 MB · Views: 7
Reactions: r29

Openfire72

Sep 8, 2020
Hi...which apps are available to work with Motion Sense? Thanks in advance.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks for the heads up. I did a ton of google searching but couldn't find a damn thing. I guess it won't matter much after today anyway when I order my 6 Pro, lol. Thanks for the quick reply, very much appreciated.
    Is root available? Cant seem to figure out if magisk will work
    Yes. Stable Magisk 23.0 works just fine, just as it has on all the betas.
    I believe they may launch android 12 today with the introduction of the new Pixel 6 series
    Hi...which apps are available to work with Motion Sense? Thanks in advance.
    Hey, so I am going to leave a link to developers that manage to get more functionality out of Motion sense, some will need root access though.
    Link 1
    Link 2
    Link 3
    Link 4
    Link 5
    There are more stuff though most of them requiere you to have root access and for me that's actually imposible as the bootloader is locked by my carrier. Though I am working on a guide where I will leave every detail about how to unlock it from any carrier. Link to that thread here.
    The last link is the one that let's you create custom gestures if I am right, the others are for allowing to use motion sense on any region, use the motion sense api when creating an app and finally some of them bring more functionality to motion sense without root(I use this ones as my bootloader is currently locked by the carrier.
    Hope you find this useful! ;)