• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

General Final conclusion of the OP9PRO

Search This thread

avid_droid

Aug 24, 2019
Maui,Hawaii
OnePlus 9
What's odd is that on my 9 (non-pro) I have had absolutely no issues with heat,lags or stutters. It's a shame for a device that is over a $1000 to have to go through what a lot of people experienced. And it's the same 888SD chip sooooo.....

vsinha71

Nov 27, 2008
HTC 10
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
There is an issue of overheating with op9pro. No 2 ways about it. There is an hardware mismatch issue which is not really solvable. Only cosmetic solutions like optimization, lowering screen brightness, optimizing charging speed et all can be done. In the 8 updates done within 2 months of its release almost all optimization have been done. Oneplus has tried to resolve as much as possible. What I do not understand is how could this issue escape during testing. Heating happens in setting up the phone immediately after unboxing with only stock apps.

avid_droid

Aug 24, 2019
Maui,Hawaii
OnePlus 9
There is an issue of overheating with op9pro. No 2 ways about it. There is an hardware mismatch issue which is not really solvable. Only cosmetic solutions like optimization, lowering screen brightness, optimizing charging speed et all can be done. In the 8 updates done within 2 months of its release almost all optimization have been done. Oneplus has tried to resolve as much as possible. What I do not understand is how could this issue escape during testing. Heating happens in setting up the phone immediately after unboxing with only stock apps.
Dude!! When it's installing your apps during set up, I used to get the overheat warning off of the first 20 apps. Major freezing and lag. I know exactly what you mean.

Buslova

Jan 11, 2012
OnePlus 9 Pro
Well I guess I got lucky or more than likely y'all didn't. The voices of complaint are the loudest and fewer. There are probably many more users experiencing no problems and therefore not saying anything. I have owned a 9pro since day 1. It's in a case and I live in a hot area. Not once have I experienced an overheating warning and the only time i notice that the back of the case is even warm is when i'm wirelessly charging on a cheap wireless charger I own in my vehicle. I can be plugged in charging with official cable and the fast charge brick AND be gaming for 2 hours and it's barely warm at 39C. Max refresh/resolution. Everything cranked. Sorry y'all had issues but I don't think it's fair to say "There is an issue of overheating with op9pro. No 2 ways about it."

Reactions: null0seven

vsinha71

Nov 27, 2008
HTC 10
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Well I guess I got lucky or more than likely y'all didn't. The voices of complaint are the loudest and fewer. There are probably many more users experiencing no problems and therefore not saying anything. I have owned a 9pro since day 1. It's in a case and I live in a hot area. Not once have I experienced an overheating warning and the only time i notice that the back of the case is even warm is when i'm wirelessly charging on a cheap wireless charger I own in my vehicle. I can be plugged in charging with official cable and the fast charge brick AND be gaming for 2 hours and it's barely warm at 39C. Max refresh/resolution. Everything cranked. Sorry y'all had issues but I don't think it's fair to say "There is an issue of overheating with op9pro. No 2 ways about it."
If u do not understand things then pls dont make comments such as cheap wireless et all. Even oneplus has given a statement that fix for heating. So I do not understand it can be normal for u. 2nd ambient temperatures effects only 5%. This is why even in cold countries heating happens. Unfortunately there is no fix for this since it's a hardware issue wrt sd888 and 660 gpu.

• Haha
Reactions: Buslova

Buslova

Jan 11, 2012
OnePlus 9 Pro
If u do not understand things then pls dont make comments such as cheap wireless et all. Even oneplus has given a statement that fix for heating. So I do not understand it can be normal for u. 2nd ambient temperatures effects only 5%. This is why even in cold countries heating happens. Unfortunately there is no fix for this since it's a hardware issue wrt sd888 and 660 gpu.
Want some cheese to go with that?

avid_droid

Aug 24, 2019
Maui,Hawaii
OnePlus 9
Sure glad you don't have these issues on 9.was thinking about it. Really nice too hear these issues arnt there in it. Been with Oneplus for a long time but 9Pro gives me the spooks every time I use it.
Dude, too be 100% honest, I didn't like my 9 pro. If I did, I would've waited to save it. I broke it in half cause the phone did not live up to it's hype. People can rant all they want about it,but, in all honesty, that phone wasn't all that great. The 9 though, I must say has a far better battery life and I rarely have any issues. On stock OOS I've had nothing but a great experience. On a custom rom,so far, 1 random reboot. Everything just works here. No heat issues and I'll tell you this..... I e changed my mind on "pro" variants

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have the device since 3 weeks now and none overheating issues for me.
    The heating is for real. No 2 ways abt it. So tell me oneplus would release 8 updates in 2 months. Deniabilty doest mean issue is not there.
    With 8.8 update most apps have been optimized. Why??.
    To take u further brightness threshold you has been lowered, charging speed has been optimized, cpu hacks et all. So a 1000 dollar phone to be used as a 500 dollar phone.
    So, came back to OnePlus from my Samsung S20+ after a long year of stock. My conclusion after returning to a new handset the OnePlus 9 Pro. At first I was in awe of it's beauty and to hold it naked was amazing. But, after some time getting really familiar with the device, things are beginning to go south. As with my previous device,being the op7pro, things got wonky after the device started heating up,(which is fairly easy to do with OnePlus). Noticing major lag as of late with stuttering and other graphic issues that persist with doing minor to moderate loads such as downloading things and browsing the web and evern watching videos. The device just begins heating up out of nowhere. Sure browsing the web is perfect and watching short videos is a pleasure,but, I'm beginning to face short task with heat issues. Also,after a few updates on Play store, device is acting a bit weird. Most apps I have optimized and things are starting to pop up as draining battery when the app hasn't been opened up for weeks. Not sure what is causing this,but, so far, OnePlus is heading down the wrong road lately. I mean, the device is beautiful,but, if it can't perform with simple tasks and keep up,this will be the last device from them I ever own.
    Not complaining, just rather disappointed with their direction. Great,well, they were, until as of late. Hopefully future updates fix it, if not, they'll be losing another one

EDIT:
    So I actually figured out what the issue with my phone was. I was having a kernel issue and quickly got that resolved. So before anyone else gets there panties in a bunch and starts acting like OnePlus is a cult, relax..... It was an issue I faced for messing with things. Everything has been stable with Omegas latest kernel. Rant over.
    I have the device since 3 weeks now and none overheating issues for me.
    I would have a look at the apps you installed, it sounds more like one of these is causing these issues. Many ppl install countless "free" apps with so much background usage + different and even unoptimized launchers like the nova launcher. I have never had any overheating issues, especially not while browsing the web or watching videos for a long time. No hiccups, no lags, nothing. But then again, I have just a few apps that I need to be happy.
    For me on Unlocked oneplus 9 pro, on T-Mobile, the phone seems to get stuck going from LTE,NR-SA & SA5g.
    I can disable network and enable again and it's fine. I've tried everything from modem to enabling 5G with CA.
    This, & coming out of a building, my network doesn't connect by itself most of the time, I have to enable manually.
    I didn't have this problem with my 8 Pro and has me considering going back to the eight pro.
    The dual-sim was a letdown also, but other then that, I've really enjoyed this phone. Thanks
    Mine does the same on the stock rom.
    I've had times where only a reboot would get the network to switch over.
    Want some cheese to go with that?
    Sure why not. Since lucky you man u got a perfect phone and I did not. So happy for you. Cheers